PDA

View Full Version : Dashboarding?

InfiniteRefrain
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
So just out of the camp in the 2nd lvl and I die and restart the entire level again! Has anyone tried dashboarding to avoid restarting the entire level for the not dying achievements?

rockhopper
03-16-2011, 05:06 PM
I seriously doubt that would work as if you quit to the dashboard then restart the game up it would count as you continuing from a checkpoint. But I guess it's worth a try I suppose if you're far into a level and end up dying.

Venomized
03-16-2011, 05:33 PM
But it says nothing of NOT continuing from a checkpoint. Just don't restart a checkpoint

mr_freekowtski
03-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I tried this recently. I was playing Chapter 2 on Guerilla and died. I immediately hit the guide button and quit out to dashboard and reloaded. When I completed the level the cheevie didn't pop. So I figure either:

A) You have to play the chapter completely through.
Or
B) You have to dashboard before dying since it may keep a death count immediately upon death.

A seems most probable but I figured I'd share my experience and post possible variables. Hope this was somewhat helpful.

XxINYOUREYE11xX
03-16-2011, 06:04 PM
It won't work for the record I tried a couple times even before i was all the way dead. It says you can't restart checkpoint and coming back in the game after going to the dashboard is clearly the same thing. If that wasn't in there you could start at the last checkpoint on all levels and just beat that part. The levels aren't long at all and the game is short so this shouldn't be a problem for anyone unless your just really lazy.

Venomized
03-16-2011, 06:13 PM
It won't work for the record I tried a couple times even before i was all the way dead. It says you can't restart checkpoint and coming back in the game after going to the dashboard is clearly the same thing. If that wasn't in there you could start at the last checkpoint on all levels and just beat that part. The levels aren't long at all and the game is short so this shouldn't be a problem for anyone unless your just really lazy.

Actualy being lazy has nothing to do with failing. Randomly failing a mission because CONNOR isnt specific enough about what to do (I didnt know I had a time limit) is BULL. There should be a time limit somehwere on the screen

EMP
03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
The levels aren't long at all and the game is short so this shouldn't be a problem for anyone unless your just really lazy.

Lazy or an easy way out? I like to look at the glass as half empty ;)