PDA

View Full Version : Price drops already - only $40 on walmart.com or amazon

Hydrophillic
03-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Just thought I'd share this with people here considering purchasing the game

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Homefront-Walmart-with-code-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/15687196

Venomized
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow. I feel silly buying this early. I knew they were going to drop too....just didnt expect it so soon.

Spanish Assault
03-16-2011, 10:05 PM
well my head set is going for $20 so far...so it's like I paid $40 for it...maybe less.

Hydrophillic
03-16-2011, 10:09 PM
well my head set is going for $20 so far...so it's like I paid $40 for it...maybe less.

Haha nice... a headset is a heck of a pre-order bonus. Is it a quality set or more like a default xbox mic?

solo07
03-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Haha nice... a headset is a heck of a pre-order bonus. Is it a quality set or more like a default xbox mic?
It's literally one of those shitty default mics with the homefront logo and its red.

13ip0lar
03-16-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm so utterly pissed off right now, I am on the phone as we speak. So we'll see what happens.

Edit: Atm she is telling me there is nothing she can do about the price, but I explained the item was released/shipped yesterday, and I don't even have it yet, so I made it clear if there is no way to receive the price that is currently offered or a refund I would like to cancel my order. So, right now she is saying she will contact the carrier, in this case USPS, cancel the shipment, despite literally being 15 minutes away, and then I can just reorder the game for the current price. Pardon my french but I find this whole situation Fucking retarded, mind the capital F, and just utterly lolz. I have no words, I'm almost weary of buying the game now entirely.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind this price drop? I heard that the stock dive might have done it, but I'd like definitive answers, and not speculation. Anyways thought I would post my ordeal so maybe some of you can take notes. I have read on the Amazon message boards that some people have gotten adjustments, others screwed, in my case, I just have to take the long road I suppose, but I am fine with that if it saves me $20. Even having to reorder it I'm sure with the money I save I can overnight it, but again I am weary now of even buying this.

Btw I would like to give a big thank you to the OP, had this not been posted here, I probably would have been oblivious and never known. Still can't believe this...utterly retarded. Might never buy anything from THQ again.

Well just got done with the lady. So long story short she is canceling the order en-route, once they get it back, I get my refund, and I will MAYBE make another order for the game.

Splinter4
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Bipolar, I am RIGHT there with you.

But at least yours didn't arrive yet. I pre-ordered mine on Amazon and got it yesterday. I've never been pissed about $20 before, but this has me boiling. WTF is the incentive to pre-order a game EVER again?!

:mad: Rrrrrrrrrrr!!! :mad: [squeezes Xbox controller until battery pops out]

Hydrophillic
03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Sounds like I just pissed off the people who bought the game already, rofl.

I gotta agree, a $20 drop after one day is a little ridiculous.

Kaskade
03-17-2011, 01:10 AM

Does anyone know why it dropped so fast in 24hrs?was is the THQ stock falling or maybe wal-mart/amazon knew this game would not sell well.I could only see Homefront being a hit at bestbuy due to thier headset mic pre-order bonus

13ip0lar
03-17-2011, 01:23 AM

True but I am getting every penny back...I'm so pissed because this time tomorrow I could be pewing pewing it up in MP, and playing till my eyes dry out, and I can't play anymore. Now I have to wait for them to receive their item, and get my refund. Which in transit, I'm sure is more of a hassle than it is streamlined, but I'm so pissed I don't want to have to deal with it at all, whether it be driving to the post office to return it free of charge or w/e. Any more time wasted on this is inconceivable to me. That said they should offer a refund of the price difference to those that call, not to those that can't be bothered to pick up the phone and can live with it, 'cause frankly that would be a vast amount of money lost, versus just those who 'bitch' about it.

As of now I have nothing to play...I got burnt out on Torchlight, just listed Bioshock 2 on eBay, can't imagine doing multiplayer. I got 2 Spider-Man games, one of which has a camera that gets me motion sick after about 30 minutes of play time. The only game I have left is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Gold Edition), but meh. I guess I could play Monday Night Combat. Currently thinking of what movies 4yrs+ back I didn't watch and could watch now to kill time in my free time. Sigh...

slowdc2
03-17-2011, 03:06 AM
I just want to thank you OP. Because of this post I was able to get Best Buy to price match walmart. So again, thank you.

ShaolinShadow
03-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Just thought I'd share this with people here considering purchasing the game

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Homefront-Walmart-with-code-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/15687196

FUCKIN sweet GFLY YOU CAN HAVE YOUR COPY BACK, AMAZON HERE I COME.....

13ip0lar
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
OMFG LOL. I am super stoked. If you could see my face and my expression SUPER STOKED. So I called this morning, 'cause I am suppose to receive my item, and I wanted to make sure everything was on-track.

~Intermission~ All you young kids, I know I'm only 22, but my parents taught me never to take shit from the man, and by that I mean companies, when you are on the phone, you act like you are a pissed off millionaire, and I don't mean obnoxious, I mean like you are informed, you know what you are entitled to, and that you will never do business there again if something is not done because you know an injustice was done. /rant

Anyways, I get on the phone, this rep has very good English, we proceed to talk and I told him the lady had said she would be calling, canceling the order, and when it returns I get a refund. I also said that I thought it pretty ridiculous I had to do it this way to receive the price difference that occurred. I also went on about "how is it that people are getting price adjustments via customer service and I have to go through this whole ordeal with you? I mean it's on your own message boards, and on forums I've been to." After I was done giving my points he began to speak and said sorry of course, and in not so many words, he told me that the lady basically lied, they can't cancel the shippment after it has been shipped with that carrier "FedEx SmartPost", and that the price (I hadn't even looked today) had only dropped like $2. He soon realized I was talking about yesterday, and at that point I continued to press how ridiculous it was that a day later after my game was shipper this happened (the $15 dollar drop), I preordered, and what was the point of it? I also made sure that if something could not be done, I would not be buying games from them ever again, because I purchase ALL my games new from them. He said "I shouldn't be doing this, but I can refund you that $15+tax". So I got my money back and my game gets delivered today, despite that lady saying she canceled it, I even asked if he was 100% sure, and what if it arrives? Which is when he told me that that course of action could not be taken with that carrier, and I replied "So the customer rep was misinformed?" To which he said "Yes". So no doubt I'll get my game on time and the price difference ^^

Again, proof that Amazon customer service is no different than others except in one key way, they actually want to please the customer. They still are stubborn and reluctant, but know when to do the right thing. In case you all are wondering the price is now $51.96 on Amazon, not sure on Wal-Mart.

It's now back up to $60 on Wal-Mart. I want to know wtf that price drop was about, It caused nothing but problems for Amazon via people like me, and I heard someone even say they knew about it. Was it a ploy to boost sales, even before the stock dropped, and was it just convenient/ a coincidence that stock fell the same day? All questions I'd very much like the answer to, but still a steal for the people that got it for $40, and a headache for kids like me that actually preorder they games, and basically have the "order and forget" mindset, only to get screwed over by THQ.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent, and hopefully provided some info that might help someone else. I would say today is probably your last day at attempting to getting the price adjustment. Just be firm...:D

Splinter4
03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Just to add to Bipolar's experience, I had similar success with Amazon's Customer Service. :D

I had pre-ordered Homefront and got it on Tuesday the 15th. Yesterday, after seeing Hydrophillic's post about the Price Drop, I emailed Amazon's Customer Service Dep't through their website ...login, go to my orders, find Homefront, and go from there...

Anyway, this morning I found an email that actually came late last night around 11:30pm (PST) with the following message...

---------
Hello,
Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on item. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. I issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $16.03. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days. I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Arunraj S.
Amazon.com
---------

Now seriously, how F'ing cool is that? Especially when you consider that this price drop was probably just a mistake. The price is back up now.

I have been using Amazon.com for quite a while now, and this is why I keep going back. They have always taken wonderful care of me, and they have always jumped immediately to correct any problem I've ever had.

Cheers :)

Spanish Assault
03-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Just to add to Bipolar's experience, I had similar success with Amazon's Customer Service. :D

I had pre-ordered Homefront and got it on Tuesday the 15th. Yesterday, after seeing Hydrophillic's post about the Price Drop, I emailed Amazon's Customer Service Dep't through their website ...login, go to my orders, find Homefront, and go from there...

Anyway, this morning I found an email that actually came late last night around 11:30pm (PST) with the following message...

---------
Hello,
Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on item. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. I issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $16.03. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days. I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
Arunraj S.
Amazon.com
---------

Now seriously, how F'ing cool is that? Especially when you consider that this price drop was probably just a mistake. The price is back up now.

I have been using Amazon.com for quite a while now, and this is why I keep going back. They have always taken wonderful care of me, and they have always jumped immediately to correct any problem I've ever had.

Cheers :)
yeah Amazon is pretty amazing about that kind of stuff. All it takes is a well written email.

13ip0lar
03-17-2011, 10:01 PM
yeah Amazon is pretty amazing about that kind of stuff. All it takes is a well written email.

One thing that sucks is there free shipping...its free for a reason. This usually happens, but I'm a little more anxious since I currently have nothing to do in my free time, so I'm forced to watch old movies. It's handled by Fedex till its passed off to USPS and the tracking says the item is in state. It's literally been 2 days, and it's been in the same spot, that is only 15 minutes from my house, and I won't get it till tomorrow. Really dumb...I use to work in shipping so I know how it goes, still retarded it takes 2 days to drive the package 5 miles, if that, to the United States Postal office, and then it still needs to be delivered. Sigh...

Tragik T
03-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Prices are now 55.99...so don't even bother reading any further.

Bajan Elite
03-17-2011, 11:59 PM
I paid $23.00 for it.

Skilled
03-18-2011, 01:13 AM
I've never seen it drop $20 in a day! Wow.. I still payed $90ish for mine.

General Boredom
03-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Must've been a one day sale. This sucks, I was gonna bite the bullet and get it, but now I'm probably better off saving my money for Crysis 2.

terex77
03-18-2011, 08:12 AM
thanks for the tip.

terex77
03-18-2011, 08:13 AM
crysis 2 sounds way better than homefront.

terex77
03-18-2011, 08:14 AM
I got mine for 49.99 at gamestop!!

Spanish Assault
03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
crysis 2 sounds way better than homefront.
The Demo sure didn't...

seems like you lost your way...click HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1426).

redbeard_nj
03-18-2011, 05:19 PM
just got mine at gamstop for 59.99.

i didnt pre-order but the clerk was awesome, he hooked me up with the pre-order code!

now my son will be so happy and i will have a peaceful weekend!! woo-hoo!

13ip0lar
03-18-2011, 05:28 PM
The Demo sure didn't...

seems like you lost your way...click HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1426).

I'd agree with this statement also. I lagged so much, that I thought how could anyone enjoy those, but sure enough there was diehards playing the demo till they were blue in the face. I chalked it up to low demo numbers and thus the game having to set you up with people far away... but who really knows?

ShaolinShadow
03-18-2011, 06:18 PM
this is not as bad as Clive Barkers: Jericho that dropped down to $19.99 after a week...

Hydrophillic
03-18-2011, 06:30 PM
If I'd had known it was only for a day, I woulda bought it then. I have a feeling it wasnt planned for a day though, and THQ got mad when they saw that they did it. Otherwise it would have been promoted as one day only.

I emailed walmart asked wtf the price drop was about. They basically said sorry for any glitch that the website showed, we reserve the right to change prices on any good if the price was mislisted.

I emailed them once more asking more specifically, waiting for a response.

13ip0lar
03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
If I'd had known it was only for a day, I woulda bought it then. I have a feeling it wasnt planned for a day though, and THQ got mad when they saw that they did it. Otherwise it would have been promoted as one day only.

I emailed walmart asked wtf the price drop was about. They basically said sorry for any glitch that the website showed, we reserve the right to change prices on any good if the price was mislisted.

I emailed them once more asking more specifically, waiting for a response.

I heard someone say they knew the price drop was coming and yet they still bought it on release day, however I doubt anyone knew it would be a $20 and only be for a day. I would also very much like to know what the reasoning behind it was. I highly doubt it was a glitch/mistake that one company made, then the rest followed suit. Sounds like BS to me...

Hydrophillic
03-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Yep, it definitely seems shady.

Wal mart replied and said they can't sell it to me for $40 even though I intended to buy it that day for that price.

I'm gonna have a hard time buying the game for $60 now when I know the drop was pretty readily available. Unprofessional, THQ, SMH

Splinter4
03-19-2011, 07:47 AM
One thing that sucks is there free shipping...its free for a reason. This usually happens, but I'm a little more anxious since I currently have nothing to do in my free time, so I'm forced to watch old movies. It's handled by Fedex till its passed off to USPS and the tracking says the item is in state. It's literally been 2 days, and it's been in the same spot, that is only 15 minutes from my house, and I won't get it till tomorrow. Really dumb...I use to work in shipping so I know how it goes, still retarded it takes 2 days to drive the package 5 miles, if that, to the United States Postal office, and then it still needs to be delivered. Sigh...

Hey Bipolar (and anyone else using Amazon regularly),

I order just about everything I can ...well, everything that I 'need' anyway ...from Amazon, so I started using their Amazon Prime membership. It costs like $50 or $60 per year, but pretty much pays for itself with its FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING on almost everything. Plus if I'm in a big hurry, it's only $3.99 for overnight shipping. Awesome, to say the least! And, if I pre-order a game, chances are good that I'll get it delivered the same day it's released for no charge.

I've been using them for a few years now and have nothing but the highest praise for their service. Check it out.

Cheers