PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Guerrilla

Romefalls86
03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Figured I'd start a little thread on tips and tricks for Guerrilla. Overall, it's really not that hard, I'd put it at hardened on Black Ops. But anyways

- Use your cover! It only takes 3-4 seconds for your to completely restore your health so duck behind the barricade and wait it out.

- Use your AI. They are surprisingly good in this game.

- A trick I found by accident last night was if you reach a checkpoint and were being attacked by enemy forces, after you restart the area will be clear. ex. When I had to take the platform, I had died running up the ramp, only to restart at the top of the platform and no guys around me.

Rivercurse
03-17-2011, 12:30 PM

OK well that goes against every single review of this game I've read :confused:

Romefalls86
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I've honestly had no problems with the AI, sure they get behind the best cover at times, but shooting wise, they are pretty good. Up there with Gear of War.

rockhopper
03-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah there are times on Guerilla where I've literally held back behind cover and let my teammates kill everyone with me only having to take out maybe 1 or 2 guys. Doesn't work all the time but it's surprised me when they do all the work.

Lord Yamikage
03-18-2011, 02:33 AM
I felt like there was a infinite spawn in some location, so I never rely on AI to help me out.

Romefalls86
03-18-2011, 02:41 AM
What it seemed to me was, whenever the AI said "push up" seemed like an infinite spawn. In Chapter 4, after the sniping in the Crows Nest, running for the chopper, definitely infinite spawn

Gackt
03-18-2011, 03:25 AM
I have yet to see this good AI people claim is in this game. Sure they stand there and shoot the enemy...but they rarely RARELY hit them. But yeah...if you just take your time and use cover you can fly through the hardest setting in no time.

TheLegendOf1977
03-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Okay, i REALLY need some tips for the final part of chapter 4, when you have to make it to the chopper...
Playing on guerilla difficulty and OMG!!! Can't even get past the entrance of the compound! Any tips?

CougBigWood
03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Okay, i REALLY need some tips for the final part of chapter 4, when you have to make it to the chopper...
Playing on guerilla difficulty and OMG!!! Can't even get past the entrance of the compound! Any tips?

That part was giving me trouble, too and I just finished it. Here's what I did:

Drop all the way down to the ground and take cover behind the sheet of metal in front of you. use your sniper rifle to take down the three dudes that come over the wall on the left. Those are the ones who will rush you at the compound if you don't take them out. They'll stand in front of the compound if you miss them while they're running, so you don't have to make sure to hit them immediately.

I found it was easiest to use 15 or so sniper bullets from this vantage point and clear out as much of the area as possible. some of them will respawn, but i found there was definitely not as many if I cleared them out from this point first (I can't say the same if you're hitting them from the balcony in the building). DO NOT HIT THE BARRELS YET. YOU NEED THOSE

Run to the corner ont he left where there is cover. Chuck a grenade at the Yellow barrel in front of you on the right. That will take everyone out on the right side briefly. Then chuck a grenade on the left in front of you and that will take out the left side. Sprint to the convoy truck on the left (there will be a guy or two you'll need to take out with whatever gun you're using on the way there) and then start blowing up the barrels next to the remaining guys once the respawn stops.

There is a gap on the left side of the bunker that you are able to sprint to from the truck. Get there, go prone to heal, and then sprint around the corner into the helicopter cage and wait for them to signal you to steal it.

TheLegendOf1977
03-18-2011, 12:54 PM

Drop all the way down to the ground and take cover behind the sheet of metal in front of you. use your sniper rifle to take down the three dudes that come over the wall on the left. Those are the ones who will rush you at the compound if you don't take them out. They'll stand in front of the compound if you miss them while they're running, so you don't have to make sure to hit them immediately.

I found it was easiest to use 15 or so sniper bullets from this vantage point and clear out as much of the area as possible. some of them will respawn, but i found there was definitely not as many if I cleared them out from this point first (I can't say the same if you're hitting them from the balcony in the building). DO NOT HIT THE BARRELS YET. YOU NEED THOSE

Run to the corner ont he left where there is cover. Chuck a grenade at the Yellow barrel in front of you on the right. That will take everyone out on the right side briefly. Then chuck a grenade on the left in front of you and that will take out the left side. Sprint to the convoy truck on the left (there will be a guy or two you'll need to take out with whatever gun you're using on the way there) and then start blowing up the barrels next to the remaining guys once the respawn stops.

There is a gap on the left side of the bunker that you are able to sprint to from the truck. Get there, go prone to heal, and then sprint around the corner into the helicopter cage and wait for them to signal you to steal it.

Thanx, helped a lot! Although the sniping part at the beginning seems to be a waste of time, because for me the amount of enemies i had to clear seemed to be the same if i didn't do it.
The only part i did different is when you blow up the first barel on the left, i ran into the building to stop the enemies from spawning.
O yeah, and if youre out of grenades (like me) hug the left wall before entering the compound, there are 2 lying on the ground...

MadDogChad
03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I felt like there was a infinite spawn in some location, so I never rely on AI to help me out.

Yeah, there definitely are a few noticeable infinite spawn points in the game.

AHR98
03-18-2011, 08:40 PM
i just completed the game on guerrilla this afternoon and it was a little hard at parts but nothing like cod waw, they defiantly throw a lot of grenades just use cover, don't rush unless the AI says to push forward, and just stay calm and you'll be ok.

Lord Yamikage
03-18-2011, 09:31 PM
[....] don't rush unless the AI says to push forward, [....]

Ha ha ha ha, oh man, sometime when I "push forward" after the AI told me to do, there are enemies just waiting. Not all the time, but sometimes even when there is enemies standing, AI would tell me to "push forward".

willp2003
03-18-2011, 10:19 PM
just finished this tonight as well. Defending Hopper on chapter 7 was an arse, and then took cover somewhere different and did it no probs!

axeuup
03-19-2011, 12:19 AM
the AIs IMO are garbage. i remeber on a few occasions enemies walking right by three of them, like they are buddies, to walk right up and shoot me in the back. i see the three of them walk into a new area everythings peaceful. i cross the corner and all hell breaks loose. they always take the best stategic cover also which was a major hinderance throughout the campaign. if you are going to add any tips involving AI on guerilla then it should be to not count on them for anything and if you are running for cover run wide around them because there is an invisible wall sourrounding each one that is three times there width

solo07
03-19-2011, 12:33 AM
you can't rely on them in some parts because i'm pretty sure some sections were infinite spawns and you were sort of forced to move up but for the most part they were surprisingly helpful at times.

dontgoeasyonme
03-19-2011, 01:42 AM

Thanks for this! I have just spent the past hour stuck on this part, I was going off my nutt! I have completed all CODS, HALO infant every game I play on the hardest setting but never have I wanted to smash my controller so bad in a rage fit lol, this makes Heart of the Reich or mile high club, even COD 3 seem like a cake walk lol

Thanks for this! I have just spent the past hour stuck on this part, I was going off my nutt! I have completed all CODS, HALO infant every game I play on the hardest setting but never have I wanted to smash my controller so bad in a rage fit lol, this makes Heart of the Reich or mile high club, even COD 3 seem like a cake walk lol

Ok now I just done it first time using your guide I take back what I say but fuck me that was brutal!!!

danksch
03-19-2011, 06:21 PM

I don't think we played the same game.

Especially on Guerilla the AI more than often drove me mad, if they're not blocking you in the worst moments, they either rush up front and skip enemies that will ambush you just when you thought you had cleared the area.

The only good thing is that you can replenish your nades in some levels, other than that, they were more of a handicap than a help.

ZedChuva
03-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Oddly yea, the AI are pretty decent... for getting kills anyway. There is the usual "guy gets through and they just stand there looking at him", but overall, they're alright. Mind you, they still take the best cover (but often move), and area ALWAYS stepping in front of you. Thank G-d for no friendly fire.
:uzi::woop:

Venomized
03-20-2011, 06:56 AM
What it seemed to me was, whenever the AI said "push up" seemed like an infinite spawn. In Chapter 4, after the sniping in the Crows Nest, running for the chopper, definitely infinite spawn

That is chapter 5 I believe

KookieMnster
03-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Are you guys serious about the AI?? They were terrible..I just finished my guerrilla playthrough tonight and felt like throughout the entire game I would have been better off being just the one guy on the field. All the AI did for me was recycle battle cries over and over. I say ignore them and use cover. Make sure you only have one enemy on screen when you're under heat and don't be afraid to unload on them. There's plenty of spare guns and ammo to pick up. Other then that, be patient and don't throw your controller thru the tv...like I almost did on several occasions.

ConfusedGeek
03-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah only mid way through the ape play through, and I'm in the the ai sucks camp.

AFreakinCabbag3
03-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Lol read previous post!?!?!? What's wrong with you? Are you just looking for some attention or trying to get your post count up? And BTW mile high club and heart of the Reich are not 10/10 difficulty rating! More like 7/10

Its funny because your being serious.

dontgoeasyonme
03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Its funny because your being serious.

Sorry am I missing something?

AFreakinCabbag3
03-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Sorry am I missing something?

Looking at it something very important reading through this thread.

dontgoeasyonme
03-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Looking at it something very important reading through this thread.

Ahhh Cryptic clues lol, a great way to answer some one who doesn't know what point your making! If you decide to spit it out that would be great :D

zcandels97
03-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I've noticed that the game actually does spawn you ahead of where you died if you reach the checkpoint. In chapter 7, I died on one playthrough just before I ran up the ramp and I spawned on the ramp. Another example was when you break into the labor camp, I died right after the slow-mo scene where Arnie betrays you and I spawned on the catwalk.
Also, cover does help. You regenerate health (and lose it) much faster on guerilla.
The AI are pretty competent in this as well, as compared to every Call of Duty. In chapter 7 you can sit back on the bridge and snipe and the AI will keep pushing forward on their own.

xhunterrrr
03-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Can I get some help on Ch. 4 where you have to eliminate the 3 rocket launcher guys and activate the second barricade switch? I can get two of the rocket launcher guys without moving out of the garage area, but every time I try to get the third guy, I get hit by the rocket + about a half dozen guys shooting at me. Any tips? I am playing on Guerrilla.

Romefalls86
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
What 2 RPG's did you kill? There is one on each side of the wall as well as one in the building directly across and to the left from the garage. I believe 2nd floor window. He kept killing me when I was going through my first play through, took me a bit to find the little fucker too.

axeuup
03-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Can I get some help on Ch. 4 where you have to eliminate the 3 rocket launcher guys and activate the second barricade switch? I can get two of the rocket launcher guys without moving out of the garage area, but every time I try to get the third guy, I get hit by the rocket + about a half dozen guys shooting at me. Any tips? I am playing on Guerrilla.

go to the far room on your right and you can actually take out the third rocket dude through the boarded up window. just crouch behind the counter and you can take the shot. take out the sniper to his left first or your done

DanielH
03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
the good news would be, you got all 7 Iron Achievements, on Easy, now you're on your way to get the 7 On Hardest Difficulty Achievements.

Does It Have To Be On Guerrilla Difficulty for the Hardest Difficulty

just let your AI do all the work in some missions, and you do the rest.

bushmaster2000
03-21-2011, 06:38 PM
I've done 6 of 7 levels on Guerrilla difficulty.

Let the AI do some of the fighting, they are somewhat capable of killing although keep on your toes, they're just as likely to let a guy run right through at you and put a bullet in your face.

The bad guys endlessly respawn unless you're aggressive. So keep pushing the line forward as much as possible or you can just sit there all day killing guys and not progress.

If a bad guy spots you he'll sit there just posted at you and fire on you before you can even get a bead on him. So try and stay out of sight, make a few kills and duck for a bit.

Grenades are cheap kills (as in you dieing) and you can't throw them back so run. Remember what cover is behind you so you can quickly sprint backwards back into cover until the nade blows then run back to where you were.

Always take guys out up high, they'll ruin your day.

Use the checkpoint glitch, if you die right after checkpoing often times when you restart the checkpoint all the dudes will be cleared out.

Look around for weapons, if you keep getting your ass kicked there may be a weapon placed somewhere you're ment to pick up. For me this was the solo church mission where you had to go through a church and up to the bell tower. There is a gun with a nade launcher on it right inside and I couldn't get past this part until i discovered that gun and used the nades.

BigBP33
03-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Easiest way to beat the ending of Chapter 5 in my opinion...

MANY PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE THIS BUT IT HELPED ME A LOT, RIGHT WHEN YOU ENTER THE CHURCH, NEXT TO THE STAIRCASE, THERE IS SOME KIND OF AN EXPRESS SHOTGUN. IT CAN KILL MORE THAN ONE ENEMY FROM CLOSE DISTANCE AND YOU CAN PROBABLY WIPE OUT MORE THAN 10 ENEMIES IN ONE CLIP WITHOUT RELOADING. JUST TRADE IN YOUR SNIPER FOR IT, AND KEEP ANOTHER WEAPON TO CLEAR THE CHURCH WITH, AND THEN TRADE IN THE WEAPON YOU USED TO CLEAR THE CHURCH WITH A SNIPER THAT SPAWNS IN THE CROWS NEST. SO WHEN YOU JUMP OUT OF THE NEST, YOU HAVE A SNIPER AND THE SHOTGUN. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE...

Suki
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
well i done vet on cod2 mw2 waw and black ops with no real probs but for me this is harder than cod vets, there are a few real tough parts in the cod's but with this game its litterly one hard part after another, im glad this game is short.

xhunterrrr
03-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Any tips for Chapter 7 once you are on the ground? I take out the RPG guys but my team never advances forward when I do so I get my ass handed to me. Do I sit back and keep killing guys or is it infinite spawn?

13ip0lar
03-22-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm having issues on the part in the church/crows nest. After you snipe everyone you gotta run down to your team. The first time I attempted this I made it to the area, but got hit by one last bullet and died. Since then I haven't made it past the group of enemies on the right and left and seem to indefinitely spawn. Think I might look for a walkthrough vid unless anyone has any tips?

Edit: Just seen this: Easiest way to beat the ending of Chapter 5 in my opinion...

MANY PEOPLE DON'T NOTICE THIS BUT IT HELPED ME A LOT, RIGHT WHEN YOU ENTER THE CHURCH, NEXT TO THE STAIRCASE, THERE IS SOME KIND OF AN EXPRESS SHOTGUN. IT CAN KILL MORE THAN ONE ENEMY FROM CLOSE DISTANCE AND YOU CAN PROBABLY WIPE OUT MORE THAN 10 ENEMIES IN ONE CLIP WITHOUT RELOADING. JUST TRADE IN YOUR SNIPER FOR IT, AND KEEP ANOTHER WEAPON TO CLEAR THE CHURCH WITH, AND THEN TRADE IN THE WEAPON YOU USED TO CLEAR THE CHURCH WITH A SNIPER THAT SPAWNS IN THE CROWS NEST. SO WHEN YOU JUMP OUT OF THE NEST, YOU HAVE A SNIPER AND THE SHOTGUN. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE...

I might have to attempt this if I keep dying like I currently am. Does anyone know if I'll still get the guerrilla cheeb if I load from a mission select to get the shotty, or would I have to redo the whole mission?

MadDogChad
03-22-2011, 07:00 AM
IMO, no way is Homefront on Guerilla harder than the grenade spam-fest that was CoD: WaW on Veteran...but that's just me.

I just let my AI draw out all the enemies for me and deal with 'em accordingly, but I agree with others that you cannot always trust your teammates telling you to move up.

DanielH
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
i've found this, click below

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homefront+Guerrilla+walkthrou gh&aq=f (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homefront+Guerrilla+walkthrou gh&aq=f)

has all chapters on Guerrilla

Bounce Tacticz
03-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Easiest way to beat the ending of Chapter 5 in my opinion...

This on Guerilla doesn't work bro, it's fine for the church, but not so much for running to the Chopper. The enemies down there don't really line up enough to get multiple enemies at once and they don't really get close enough to you to get them in one shot. The best bet is to use the M16 with Grenade Launcher that is also in the church.

Bounce Tacticz
03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I might have to attempt this if I keep dying like I currently am. Does anyone know if I'll still get the guerrilla cheeb if I load from a mission select to get the shotty, or would I have to redo the whole mission?

Yes, you still get the achievement for Guerilla as long as you beat the last checkpoint. So technically if you beat the campaign on easy, you could just go to the last checkpoint and beat the mission to get the Guerilla achievement. I didn't realize this until one of my friends told me about it. I was the Genius who played through on Guerilla my first time and had to go through the whole campaign.lol

TheLegendOf1977
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Any tips for Chapter 7 once you are on the ground? I take out the RPG guys but my team never advances forward when I do so I get my ass handed to me. Do I sit back and keep killing guys or is it infinite spawn?

Stay back and kill everybody! I was rushing things because i thought it was an infinite spawn location, but it isn't.
If you go into the building to your right on the floor above you is a scar-L LMG with fire dragon camo (helped me alot with the campaign on guerilla because it has a 100 round mag)

xhunterrrr
03-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Stay back and kill everybody! I was rushing things because i thought it was an infinite spawn location, but it isn't.
If you go into the building to your right on the floor above you is a scar-L LMG with fire dragon camo (helped me alot with the campaign on guerilla because it has a 100 round mag)

Yeah, after about 45 minutes I realized it wasn't an infinite spawn.

13ip0lar
03-23-2011, 12:44 AM
i've found this, click below

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homefront+Guerrilla+walkthrou gh&aq=f (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homefront+Guerrilla+walkthrou gh&aq=f)

has all chapters on Guerrilla

Cheers, I'll have to check this out.

Yes, you still get the achievement for Guerilla as long as you beat the last checkpoint. So technically if you beat the campaign on easy, you could just go to the last checkpoint and beat the mission to get the Guerilla achievement. I didn't realize this until one of my friends told me about it. I was the Genius who played through on Guerilla my first time and had to go through the whole campaign.lol

I appreciate the info. I may attempt this as a last ditch effort, but desperately wanna do it legit. It's just this one section is giving me trouble. I literally made to the barricade I was suppose to then died on my first go, and haven't made it there since.

24hr edit: I'm going to attempt this: YouTube - Homefront Guerrilla Difficulty Walkthrough - Chapter 5 - Part 7: Get Out of Dodge

Hopefully this works out for me :s

BegFourMercy
03-24-2011, 08:27 PM
I took advantage of the left trigger auto aim a lot in this mode. Duck out of cover, spam the left and right triggers and usually get many kills. When I took a hit, ducked back into over.

Romefalls86
03-25-2011, 12:38 AM

I can confirm that this does NOT work, just tried to to see if I could add it to my guide or not.

dysart OMC
03-25-2011, 12:59 AM
I though the AI sucked as usual. Sometimes there would be two of them both shooting at the same guy for several shots, standing only a few feet away, no cover and still not killing him.

Dz06lt
03-25-2011, 01:01 AM
I would like to point out that the AI teammates are complete shit. They dont do anything for you at all, especially in crucial situations.

Stewie Griffin2
03-25-2011, 02:53 AM
A tip you should add, OP, is that auto-aiming at enemies is a great way to save ammo and get quick, easy kills. If you have an enemy in your reticle and hit LT, it will lock onto them, often times on their head. I found that hitting LT and then firing a 3-5 round burst, rinsed and repeated until the target is dead was the best strategy. You do NOT want to lock on and then lay on the trigger, because you won't stay locked on if they move.

This was very helpful on chapter 5 when I was trying to get into the church and the sun was right in my face.

Stewie Griffin2
03-25-2011, 02:58 AM
Cheers, I'll have to check this out.

I appreciate the info. I may attempt this as a last ditch effort, but desperately wanna do it legit. It's just this one section is giving me trouble. I literally made to the barricade I was suppose to then died on my first go, and haven't made it there since.

I did the same exact thing. I got to the chopper on my first attempt and got killed while waiting the 30 freakin seconds it takes your team (who the whole time were screaming desperately for me to get to them) to get to and in the chopper. It took me 20 more tries before I finally got it.

Once you make it to the chopper, go around the back of it and wait until the arrow shows up telling you to get in. They won't shoot you and there's less a chance of a nade getting to you.

13ip0lar
03-25-2011, 03:50 AM
I did the same exact thing. I got to the chopper on my first attempt and got killed while waiting the 30 freakin seconds it takes your team (who the whole time were screaming desperately for me to get to them) to get to and in the chopper. It took me 20 more tries before I finally got it.

Once you make it to the chopper, go around the back of it and wait until the arrow shows up telling you to get in. They won't shoot you and there's less a chance of a nade getting to you.

Yeah I finally made it with the help of that vid. Shit was hard and annoying. I still didn't get the cheeb for noob tubing the guys off the bridge. Currently working on Ironman on easy before I ship the game off. :3

basis
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
tagging this thread. i'm still having alot of difficulty with the chopper section of level 5.

i'm wondering if the spawns are triggered-off when we destroy all the barrels? (i think the spawn on the left is triggered-off when u enter the building right?)

why on earth they designed it with infinite spawns?

edit: i tried for the chopper like 20+ times yesterday, gave up and left it at that. a few mins after posting this message i completed it and surprisingly it was a breeze.