PDA

View Full Version : Beneficial Achievement Glitches

Miles Wideshaft
03-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Might be old info but I noticed while achievement hunting yesterday that...

The achievements for 25 pistol, 25 melee kills in Chapter 1 as well as the one to kill 5 burning enemies in Chapter 3 are cumulative, meaning if you restart checkpoint, the counter stays the same and you can gain the achievements easier.

I killed four enemies that were on fire with the Sniper Rifle, and then restarted checkpoint, figuring I failed. When I reloaded, the achievement popped after killing one enemy.

I tested it out with the chapter 1 achievements as well, and it works the same way.

Happy hunting.

xxLAMBZxx
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Nice find thanks for the info.

MediumMelanin
03-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Sweet, I wish OnLive had achievements for Homefront...lol

Spanish Assault
03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Might be old info but I noticed while achievement hunting yesterday that...

The achievements for 25 pistol, 25 melee kills in Chapter 1 as well as the one to kill 5 burning enemies in Chapter 3 are cumulative, meaning if you restart checkpoint, the counter stays the same and you can gain the achievements easier.

I killed four enemies that were on fire with the Sniper Rifle, and then restarted checkpoint, figuring I failed. When I reloaded, the achievement popped after killing one enemy.

I tested it out with the chapter 1 achievements as well, and it works the same way.

Happy hunting.

Good find. Nice job.

Sweet, I wish OnLive had achievements for Homefront...lol

Oh I see what you did there.

axeuup
03-17-2011, 10:56 PM
from my experiance i do not believe the kill 5 koreans while on fire achievement is cumulative. i tried for it specifically the first two times, the first time i counted 3 and the next four. so on the third run i got all five on the original pearch (before you drop) and it popped. k the knife and pistol chieve are definently cumulative but i do not think the kill on fire one is.

rockhopper
03-18-2011, 02:02 AM
I couldn't get the fire one to count either. I'm sure I got more than 5 through the first time I played and now the second on Guerilla. I died a couple times up there too so I definitely got more than 5 cumulatively but I still don't have the achievement yet. Also can you only do it at the beginning with the sniper because I know I got more than 5 inside the store at the end of the chapter but it didn't count?

Acheru
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
from my experiance i do not believe the kill 5 koreans while on fire achievement is cumulative. i tried for it specifically the first two times, the first time i counted 3 and the next four. so on the third run i got all five on the original pearch (before you drop) and it popped. k the knife and pistol chieve are definently cumulative but i do not think the kill on fire one is.

I can confirm it's cumulative. I had to restart the checkpoint, after killing just 3. Then I killed just 2 more and it popped. AND after that, I restarted the checkpoint again, didn't shoot any of the burning guys and get the Let Them Burn cheevo.

H0p3sfalL
03-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Nice find...... Will test out later today :)

axeuup
03-18-2011, 01:38 PM
like rockhopper and I both stated the kill 5 norks while on fire is not culmulative. i had to kill all 5 up on the building before you are forced to jump down. i think its the same for everyone why would it be any different. i got it on my third playthrough and i counted the five while on top and pop achievement. i can count and i can hear the death crys the norks exude when i kill the ones on fire. once again IMO this chieve is not culmulative

i am trying to remember the exact checkpoint posistioning for this point. maybe if you die on the roof before droppping but while killing some norks it culmulative. maybe once you are on the ground it resets. given that i always advanced and never restarted checkpoint on the roof

Romefalls86
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I had no problem doing it while it being cumulative. I got 3 the first time, then 2 the second time. You have to use mission select and reload that checkpoint for it to stick to your count. Only the ones in the first part of the level count, none of the ones in the department store count.

tankbuster
03-18-2011, 02:13 PM
The 5 kills on fire didn't work for me either, so I just threw a grenade at the 3 on the left burning and sniped the other two on the right.

Arrant Killer
03-18-2011, 02:24 PM
i can also confirm that the achievements are definitly cumulative..as is the achievement in the last level. if your not there yet youll find out when u get there.

axeuup
03-18-2011, 03:07 PM
there seems to be some culmulative discrepences. another thing im sure of SPOILER ALERT on the last level i had to knock all eight off the platforms on one go around. i was aware of the chieve on my first attempt and my 2nd, 3rd and 4th. once i had memorized exact location, best aim points i got it. i had knocked off at least 30 culmulative to that point. its pretty obvious when they fly up in the air and fall over the edge. i also can count. so something is up here with people experiencing different things with accumulation counters. i am absolutley positive that i had to get them all in one shot. pissed me off cause i had to watch the initial load screen til press a was available. then i had to wait until i boarded the helo then the ride. 5 minutes at least between attempts. i wish it was culmulative for me because it was absolutley not FME

Audio Radar
03-18-2011, 03:30 PM
In the 3rd level I failed to kill 5 while on fire, so i reloaded the checkpoint and at the first kill the achievement popped, so cumulative for me.

Miles Wideshaft
03-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Appears that the achievements that work on counters are a little moody. Sometimes they will pop with a cumulative effect and other times they won't. I know in my experience, all of them acted with cumulative properties.

I'm about to go for the "knock ten enemies off the scaffolding" one. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

solo07
03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Now if this worked for the Wilhelm Scream achievement...:(