PDA

View Full Version : D-Pad?

Josh Conroy
03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Will it be possible play this game completely on the D-Pad without having to use the analog stick to sidestep and whatnot? I hated that they forced you to use the stick in MK vs. DCU, and I apologize if my question is in any way unclear. If so, please let me know and I'll try to reword it.

Vulger Spartan
03-18-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm planning on getting a "Evil D-Pad" controller but I was gonna try my buddies MVC3 Controller & his SFIV controller first since he's "Anti-MK" & doesn't have SF anymore

YouTube - H3CZ -Evil Controllers D-Pad review w/ OpTic H3CZ

jswartz0181
03-18-2011, 01:49 AM
I can't remember which one, but one of the gameplay videos I saw had a guy saying "I hate the Xbox D-pad," so I imagine that it's used. Hopefully as an option and not mandatory. But we'll just have to wait and see.

SevenJesterHats
03-18-2011, 01:54 AM
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Microsofts-New-Xbox-360-Controller.jpg

im going to use one of these controllers, as you can twist the D pad and have them not connection to each other as such. Much more smooth to use the Dpad

Vulger Spartan
03-18-2011, 03:37 AM
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Microsofts-New-Xbox-360-Controller.jpg

im going to use one of these controllers, as you can twist the D pad and have them not connection to each other as such. Much more smooth to use the Dpad

I read a few Reviews on Gamestop & other sites hat say the Twist D-pad doesn't really change/help much

IIISETIII
03-18-2011, 03:49 AM
I'm planning on getting a "Evil D-Pad" controller but I was gonna try my buddies MVC3 Controller & his SFIV controller first since he's "Anti-MK" & doesn't have SF anymore

YouTube - H3CZ -Evil Controllers D-Pad review w/ OpTic H3CZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdC95RsbMUI)

Any specific reason you would choose this over the Razer Onza?

I like the looks of the Evil Controller but the up arrow on that d-pad seems a little close to the back button doesn't it? Also the d-pad buttons look like they would be kind of far apart to be doing diagonal movements easily.

Then again I read a review on cnet about the Onza and they say that the d-pad is clumsy and is actually bad for fighters. I still don't know which to get.

I may just end up getting a SFIV pad. I heard these are pretty good and I like that it has the six face buttons on it.

Daouzin
03-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Any specific reason you would choose this over the Razer Onza?

I like the looks of the Evil Controller but the up arrow on that d-pad seems a little close to the back button doesn't it? Also the d-pad buttons look like they would be kind of far apart to be doing diagonal movements easily.

Then again I read a review on cnet about the Onza and they say that the d-pad is clumsy and is actually bad for fighters. I still don't know which to get.

I may just end up getting a SFIV pad. I heard these are pretty good and I like that it has the six face buttons on it.

The Evil Controller is actually really great for FPSes and fighting games once you adapt to doing quarter circles, but you would be better off with an Arcade stick, but those are kind of pricey.

I have an Evil controller with an Evil D-pad and really enjoy it for platformers, FPSes and MvC 3. I'm just waiting for the new Mortal Kombat because that has directional input combinations rather then quarter circles. I played the demo just last night on the PS3 and thought how perfect the Evil Controller would be for it.

I dunno, I'm so used the evil controller it's hard to play with my other controllers now.

Vulger Spartan
03-18-2011, 07:56 PM
The Evil Controller is actually really great for FPSes and fighting games once you adapt to doing quarter circles, but you would be better off with an Arcade stick, but those are kind of pricey.

I have an Evil controller with an Evil D-pad and really enjoy it for platformers, FPSes and MvC 3. I'm just waiting for the new Mortal Kombat because that has directional input combinations rather then quarter circles. I played the demo just last night on the PS3 and thought how perfect the Evil Controller would be for it.

I dunno, I'm so used the evil controller it's hard to play with my other controllers now.

AWESOME, man. I've searched Far & Wide for anyone with the EVil D-pad to give me any insight into how it is for fighting games. I think this controller is definitely an option I will consider now.

IIISETIII
03-19-2011, 04:04 AM

Thanks for the info. I may pick one of these up myself. The Onza is practically impossible to get anyways.

It would be great if Netherrealm got together w/ Razer or another well known quality company and made exclusive controllers for MK. Lol obviously.

Josh Conroy
03-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Can someone who's played the PS3 demo confirm that it's possible to use the D-Pad in this game without having to use the stick to sidestep? I'd imagine it would be the same for 360 if this is true. I only ask because I would rather play D-Pad over the stick on the controller.

THE D ZASTA
03-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Can someone who's played the PS3 demo confirm that it's possible to use the D-Pad in this game without having to use the stick to sidestep? I'd imagine it would be the same for 360 if this is true. I only ask because I would rather play D-Pad over the stick on the controller.
I'm not sure what you are meaning by sidestep. The game is played in a 2-D area there is no sidestepping. If you mean dashing as in quick movement toward or away from your opponent, then yes it is possible to use the D-Pad for this. There is no need to use the analog sticks at all.

Josh Conroy
03-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure what you are meaning by sidestep. The game is played in a 2-D area there is no sidestepping. If you mean dashing as in quick movement toward or away from your opponent, then yes it is possible to use the D-Pad for this. There is no need to use the analog sticks at all.

Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression it was like MK Deception. I've kept myself from watching many trailers to keep spoilers on the down low. This is good news though, I was originally going to get the Tournament Edition but I just don't have the cash for it. Great to know no sticks are required, I was just confused there. Id much rather play D-Pad if I can't get the fight stick.

THE D ZASTA
03-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah me too. I hate the 360 d-pad you should look into getting the street fight 4 controller or something more suited to fighting games it's only $30 if you can find one at GameStop or somewhere else. It's better than Microsoft controller for fighting games, but not as expensive as tournament edition. BTW since you haven't seen much I'll just let you know that you won't be disappointed the demo is awesome!