PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or Xbox360?

True I Skill
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
I just played the demo on the PS3 and i struggled to use the Analog stick to pull off any move at all, So i had to use the D-pad which i was fine with. So anyone that has played the xbox360 version did you notice any problems with the controlls? I read that xbox360 controller is no good for fighting games so any opinions on which console is best to get the game for? I am already pretty tempted to get it for ps3 mostly because of the controlls and unique character. But is there any reason to get it for xbox360? better controlls? any characters? acheivments? online?

Also i was having a little bit of trouble with Mileena's fatality move... (< > < > Triangle ) Does anyone know how to pull this off? Whenever i attempted it i would end up using the < > Triangle move. I Had abit of trouble pulling off some of the special moves aswell, the ones where you would press R2 after doing the move, what am i doing wrong?

I apologize if this seems like i am trying to start a ps3 vs xbox360 war I am honsetly just unsure what copy to pick up and would like advice from sombody that has played it on both consoles. i also understand that the game is not out yet but there are still people out there who have had access to the xbox360 demo of the game.

Darkhorse4life
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm picking it up for both but I'm crazy like that ;).

I've played it on both consoles at PAX East. If I were you, I would wait a bit longer and see if they announce any special exclusives for Xbox since PS3 is getting exclusive Kratos. If you are going to play on a pad on Xbox, you should definitely get a 3rd party pad as the dpad is awful on official Xbox controllers and the move sets in MK as you have probably noticed are a little more "digital" friendly versus analog with the thumb stick. If they don't announce any exclusives for XBOX, I think PS3 is probably the clear choice as it has the extra character and the default PS3 controller is more "dpad friendly". Also, since you are posting on xbox360a I'd imagine achievements/trophies are important to you, you need to factor that in as well.

As for Mileena's fatality, make sure you are at a distance from your opponent (but not too far). If you are too close to the opponent or too far you'll just do the lunge move as you noted. Try backing up :).

Hope that was helpful.

BlindxLink
03-19-2011, 01:54 AM
I already pre-ordered the Kollectors edition for PS3.

Avatar DLC, more exclusives (I don't mind Kratos, I'll probably never use him), and the most important reason, the Dpad.

I have MK vs DC on 360 and CAN'T STAND the Dpad. I try using the analog but that's not any better.

M 0 R T I K I A
03-19-2011, 02:14 AM
So anyone that has played the xbox360 version did you notice any problems with the controlls?

Well, thats funny.

Habs14
03-19-2011, 02:37 AM
360 all the way

Ceejus
03-19-2011, 03:24 AM
I already pre-ordered the Kollectors edition for PS3.

Avatar DLC, more exclusives (I don't mind Kratos, I'll probably never use him), and the most important reason, the Dpad.

I have MK vs DC on 360 and CAN'T STAND the Dpad. I try using the analog but that's not any better.

I thought avatars were only on XBox Live?

There are 360 controllers with good D-Pads, including the new official one with the transforming D-Pad.

And it's already been confirmed, the 360 is getting exclusive content. Won't be a character, but it may be better than Kratos.

BlindxLink
03-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I thought avatars were only on XBox Live?

There are 360 controllers with good D-Pads, including the new official one with the transforming D-Pad.

And it's already been confirmed, the 360 is getting exclusive content. Won't be a character, but it may be better than Kratos.

There's avatars on PS3, which you can actually USE, so I find them more useful on that platform, and yes, PS3 does get the avatar clothes.

I read a review on the new controller for 360 and they said there really isn't much of a difference. I like PS3's separate button Dpad, rather than 360's connected Dpad.

Like I said, I don't mind Kratos, but the main reason I'm getting it for PS3 is simply because of the dpad. The demo works great with it, I'll try the demo on 360 and see how it works out.

dadaveke
03-19-2011, 09:22 AM
on the 360... ooohhh can`t wait

ArcticInf3rno
03-25-2011, 04:54 AM
I'm struggling with the decision too. I have more friends getting it for the 360, but the ps3 has kratos and a stronger dpad. Getting the kollectors regardless.

Pieville
03-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I would get for whatever console you play more off, if you play PS3 more than Xbox then get it for PS3 and vice versa.
I've heard that fighting games on the Xbox are pretty hard to play with the controllers as opposed to the PS3, but do what you want.

I myself don't care for the bonus character as Boon himself said that Xbox will be getting exclusive stuff in the future.

crow74
03-26-2011, 01:16 PM
pre ordered for the 360 and getting the ps3 release from other means ;)

THE D ZASTA
03-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I would get it for the 360 because the online community is bigger. Then I'd get the tournament edition for the fight stick. Problem solved, that's what I did.

Flow
03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
I have it pre-ordered for both consoles.

ArcticInf3rno
04-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I couldn't decide so I pre ordered it for both

M1 Punk
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
360 of course -.-' Less online lag than the PS3, that's the main reason.
And if you're really into fighting games, you would have bought a fight pad or stick instead of comparing the PS3 and Xbox D-pad.

PrinceOfThralls
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
xbox360. I'd rather suck diarrhea out of a squids ass with a straw than playing/owning the PS3.

Might also add this; no offense against PS3 players, but I hate it. I'd rather superglue my as...oh well, you get it.

M 0 R T I K I A
04-11-2011, 01:40 AM
From my past experiences, when it comes to fighting games, the vast majority of the competition is on the xbox 360, now with that in mind, if you find your self not a very great player, and don't want a whole lot of competition, I would say your best bet would be PS3, but if you are down for a bit of a challenge, Id say Xbox... and hey you never know, some one on the xbox could show you a thing or too :)