PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit and Family found dead in home...

J Lo
06-25-2007, 11:19 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) has announced that wrestler Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home.

Investigators are combing Benoit's home at this time for clues to what happened. No further details have been released in this case.

WWE Monday Night Raw, which will air Monday, June 25, will pay tribute to Benoit and his family. Raw is broadcast on the USA network at 8:00 p.m.

Quote by: My Eyewitness News (http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=a76b6326-1f90-4539-988e-cf4eb2b8cd7f)

Just to point out my opinion, I believe that Benoit and his family were murdered. This has nothing to do with any storyline and this is a real death. Benoit wasn't at Vengeance yesterday because he had to attend to family issues and he and his family were found dead today. Please, no disrespect to Benoit or his family because this is as real as Guerrero's death except a whole lot worse since his family was also murdered.

R.I.P Chris Benoit (1967-2007) :(:(

HotScott92
06-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't really care about wrestling, but when anyone is killed by a pathetic bastard it's always sad news.

B1@nK
06-25-2007, 11:29 PM
WWE is getting murdered....

Slormer
06-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Wow. The Crippler was sick.

JonnyC VT
06-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Shocked.

One of the very few, very talented guys. Murdered? Whole family? This is absolutely heartbreaking. I'm deeply sorry and could only imagine the hell this must be on friends and family. Wrestler or not, this is a family murdered. Wow...

Smokez
06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29026

J Lo
06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
The one thing I'm wondering is about Vince. Tonight was supposed to be a Vince Tribute, but now since Benoit is actually dead, it's a tribute to Benoit. The thing I'm wondering is if Vince is going to stop faking his death for Benoit or not... What do you guys think? Guess we're going to have to tune in to Raw tonight to find out...

I also find it quite eery and ironic that both Benoit and Guerrero died on the same day they were supposed to win titles... Weird eh?

ThrillKillBill
06-25-2007, 11:38 PM
i find it odd that theres nothing on MSNSC news site about this. Or even reuters.........

J Lo
06-25-2007, 11:41 PM
i find it odd that theres nothing on MSNSC news site about this. Or even reuters.........

This is breaking news and I'm pretty sure that this will be on both of those by tomorrow. Plus, I don't think that WWE would go that low into faking both Benoit and his family's death... They have no reason to.

ThrillKillBill
06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
don't get me wrong, if it is true its a huge tragedy..... benoit was one of my favorites when i watched regularly. it's just with so many fake stories released from WWE over the decades, well i prefer to take this with a grain of salt. and MSNBC was just updated a hour and a half ago..... personally i'm hoping its fake because i don't wanna think about a great athelete being murdered, much less his whoile family too

HotScott92
06-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I believe it, but if it is fake then its not entertaining and someone should be sued for making a whole nation worry and pray over nothin.

J Lo
06-25-2007, 11:50 PM
don't get me wrong, if it is true its a huge tragedy..... benoit was one of my favorites when i watched regularly. it's just with so many fake stories released from WWE over the decades, well i prefer to take this with a grain of salt. and MSNBC was just updated a hour and a half ago..... personally i'm hoping its fake because i don't wanna think about a great athelete being murdered, much less his whoile family too

Yes, WWE has been releasing a lot of BS lately with this whole McMahon death, but I'm 90% sure that this is a true story. It's just....shocking... That him and his whole family found dead...I still can't believe it....

J Lo
06-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Former WWE superstar (http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/article/184820610.php#) Andrew "Test" Martin was just a guest on the live broadcast of Bubba The Love Sponge radio, on channel Howard 101 on Sirius satelitte radio. He seemed very out of it and in disbelief, but confirmed the news as he had been informed of the unfortunate situation.

To those emailing us with the note from Wikipedia.com claiming the Benoit-family death situation is a WWE television angle - we can confirm that rumor is completely false. There is nothing scripted about the very tragic circumstances that unfolded today.

More on this situation as news comes in.

Quote by: ProWrestlingSCOOPS (http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/article/184820610.php)

Well, this is sort of proving that it isn't fake...

UPDATE

I am currently watching Raw, and Vince is talking about Benoit, so Vince is done faking his death and Benoit and his family are dead for real. The arena is empty. They cancelled the show and are showing 3 hours of Benoit's best moments and stuff like that. Check it out on the USA Channel. It's running from 8 PM-11 PM Eastern.

Smokez
06-26-2007, 12:05 AM
it's not fake. Turn on USA. Its a 3 hour show about him. The Arena was empty and Vince came outta hiding almost crying. RIP Chris Benoit

JonnyC VT
06-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Seriously.

Vince opened the show teary-eyed, letting us know that obviously his death was a story line, and Chris' was and is very real. Very emotional. I really respect Vince for doing that, putting aside a story-line to pay tribute to a fantastic talent.

I'm almost shocked, I hope you guys got to see that...

J Lo
06-26-2007, 12:07 AM
it's not fake. Turn on USA. Its a 3 hour show about him. The Arena was empty and Vince came outta hiding almost crying. RIP Chris Benoit

Yep...I'm watching it also. Vince is alive, Benoit and family are dead. Beginning and end of story. If this was a murder, I pray to God that the son of a bitch who did this gets what he deserves.

Seriously.

Vince opened the show teary-eyed, letting us know that obviously his death was a story line, and Chris' was and is very real. Very emotional. I really respect Vince for doing that, putting aside a story-line to pay tribute to a fantastic talent.

I'm almost shocked, I hope you guys got to see that...

Yeah, me and Smokez are watching it together. I still cannot believe this. I'm literally crying right now watching this.

HotScott92
06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Like I said, don't like wrestling, but now that I know that it is actually true, I feel the deepest remorse and respect for the man, and his family. R.I.P.

Krazie
06-26-2007, 12:30 AM
This is a tragedy. I used to be a DIE HARD wrestling fan, I've seen Chris live quite a few times, and I must say, he was one of the most talented wrestlers of all time. Not only that, he was a complete class act. Tonight is the first time in years that I have tuned into WWE, and Ive heard about the Vince McMahon angle, and I cant say how happy I am to see that he still has enough dignity to trash his "death angle" to show his support for the Benoit family, that was a great thing to see.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit and family, you will be remembered..

nightmare975
06-26-2007, 12:33 AM
For the record, they weren't murdered, it seemed more like they were sick.

J Lo
06-26-2007, 12:39 AM
For the record, they weren't murdered, it seemed more like they were sick.

Well, it is said that Nancy and Daniel were sick, but how do you suppose Chris died? I was just pointing it out that it's a possibility that he and his family were murdered.

UPDATE

It was just released that Benoit and his family were not shot and killed.

UPDATE

We're also told that police found the bodies at around 4pm local time and that police would not say how the family died other than they were not shot to death. It could have been carbon monoxide but we do NOT want to speculate on anything.

Quote by: ProWrestlingSCOOPS (http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/article/184826996.php)

Krazie
06-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Well, it is said that Nancy and Daniel were sick, but how do you suppose Chris died? I was just pointing it out that it's a possibility that he and his family were murdered.

UPDATE

It was just released that Benoit and his family were not shot and killed.

Possibly his wife and kid were SO sick that they ended up dying (he claimed to have a family emergency), and he commited suicide? Its really hard to say exactly what happened until more facts are released, that would be a real shame though..

InSoMnIaC_190
06-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Holy s***. I watched the Pay Per View last night and when he was not in the ECW championship match they said it was because of personal reasons he could not make it , I had no idea he would be dead the same night.

J Lo
06-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Possibly his wife and kid were SO sick that they ended up dying (he claimed to have a family emergency), and he commited suicide? Its really hard to say exactly what happened until more facts are released, that would be a real shame though..

Well, it has also just been released that there were no wounds on the body, so Nancy and Daniel probably died from sickness and Benoit probably found them dead and had a heart attack? Only time can tell.

camell
06-26-2007, 01:09 AM
If this was a fake it would be to get out of the spotlight but after watching wwe for years I can always tell what they fake and this is unfortunatly no fake.
Benoit will be missed.:(:(:(

Flea
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
fucking useless, racist post

Your an ass,
if he was shot dead it could have been a white guy,
or any other colour person.
Dont bring your bullshit on here.

Back on topic this was totally out of the blue,
i stopped watching wwe after the way they acter after eddies death,
i hope they are more respectful this time.

KewlBrettC
06-26-2007, 01:37 AM
man.... thats a shame..... that is quite a tradgedy.....

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 01:46 AM
This is horrible. Benoit was one my favorite wrestlers of all time. I was so happy last April when I attended WrestleMania 23 because I finally got to see him live. His wife Nancy being Woman from WCW, I don't know, such a tragedy. I hope this is not a murder. According to wrestlezone.com they have a post stating that police said guns were NOT involved. Im gonna get back to watching Raw.

KewlBrettC
06-26-2007, 01:56 AM
he was also one of my favorite wrestlers and he is going to be missed my many fans

Clipse 2
06-26-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure what to think or say really. I don't watch wrestling anymore and having for a few years now, but I was and will forever be a Chris Benoit fan. I first got sucked into wrestling when I was about 14 and during the Four Horseman days of Benoit. From then on I was a huge fan of the rabid wolverine. He was crazy and did everything it took to entertain those watching, putting his body on the line night after night.

Today is a very sad day , a great person and his family were wrongfully taken from this world. It's just sad..

Sweet666Kraven
06-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm stunned. I've been feeling numb since I found out. I just feel like shit. I am not a religious person but I went to church this morning and prayed. Horrible horrible news Rest in PIece Chris Benoit.

Slormer
06-26-2007, 03:02 AM
I had to.
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3215/benoitsipngcq9.png
Don't forget The Crippler.

InSoMnIaC_190
06-26-2007, 03:02 AM
On the CNN ticker on TV it said it was a homicide ... I don't know how they know but I just seen that three times in the past 30 minutes.

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 03:11 AM
Yeah sounds like it was. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html
They're saying Benoit killed wife and son, then himself. Im just fucking sick right now.

bplayak
06-26-2007, 03:15 AM
fucking useless, racist post

Yeah there's a time and place for joking you idiot, I hope a mod sees this and bans you for you're lack of tact and etiquette.

I used to be a crazy wrestling fan but now that I've gotten a little older I haven't watched as much but have still have seen every wrestlemania starting with the first. I had watched him since he first came to the WWF and he was always one of my favorite wrestlers. Just saw on my local news that this is currently being investigated as a murder just to corroborate other reports of this. I will say a prayer for his family and he will truly be missed. This is a good time that shows just how fleeting life really is, be grateful of the time we have here and tell everyone you love that you love them. Rest in Peace Chris Benoit and family....

Dawn Zombie
06-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Rest In Peace Chris Benoit and family. So sad and tragic that breaks my heart. YOU will be missed!!!!

J Lo
06-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Yeah sounds like it was. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html
They're saying Benoit killed wife and son, then himself. Im just fucking sick right now.

I just CANNOT see Benoit killing his wife and son and then himself...That just like impossible...

SegaSaturnSNK
06-26-2007, 03:53 AM
I just CANNOT see Benoit killing his wife and son and then himself...That just like impossible...

Could be possible, you never know especially how this world operates. You can't believe and think that every person has a good or any positive in them. Not saying he did or whatever but they're are a lot of fucked up people out there.

All I got to say this is some terrible news here. When I heard it, I was like "wow, this some fucked up shit!". RIP Chris B. this really is a great lose in the wrestling industry.

Smokez
06-26-2007, 03:54 AM
I honestly dont think he could of done it. From what everyone has said he was very very respected and looked up too. He even said in his dvd when he broke sabus neck that he would rather hurt himself then someone else. I wish the news didnt jump to conclusions because its wrong. I dont and wont believe he did it. Maybe if there was poof this really happened i would belive it but until i see enough proof he is still a great performer and man. I will never forget him

RIP Chris Benoit.

and CONKER Rules ALL - F*ck you. Seriously why would you even say that? If you dont have anything nice or good to say then keep it to yourself. I hate people like you

06-26-2007, 03:59 AM
That is just fucked. R.I.P.

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 04:06 AM
I feel the same way. I don't see him doing it either but none of us know what his situation was like. People can just snap.

Tussell
06-26-2007, 04:10 AM
That's sad.

TrembL
06-26-2007, 04:15 AM
I also haven't watched much wrestling over the past few years. But I can say that Chris Benoit was one of the greatest and most intense wrestlers of all-time.
Hopefully Benoit was not responsible for anybodies death in that house. He deserves to be remembered as a great performer, not a murderer.

camell
06-26-2007, 04:18 AM
I just read on wwe.com that itwas ruled a double murder-suicide from within the home.

This is really messed up.

Jdm
06-26-2007, 04:34 AM
I am actually watching Monday Night RAW right now as we speak...

I didn't believe it when I first read about it, but it's true. I don't know much about Vince's so called "death", but this one is real. Benoit was one of my favorite wrestlers. R.I.P The "Crippler"...:(

KewlBrettC
06-26-2007, 04:41 AM
I just read on wwe.com that itwas ruled a double murder-suicide from within the home.

are they saying Chris Benoit did it? or his wife?

camell
06-26-2007, 04:45 AM
are they saying Chris Benoit did it? or his wife?
Don't say at this time.

KewlBrettC
06-26-2007, 04:47 AM
Don't say at this time.

ok... keep us posted.

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Didn't anyone read my post or visit the link I added to it? Benoit is being accused of murdering his wife and son, then killing himself.

Smokez
06-26-2007, 05:40 AM
On Fox News they just mentions it was a Homicide and nothing about suicide.

Darkxhawk, i kno your link said he did it but I dont believe it, they dont kno what really happened and shouldnt jump to conclusions

HotScott92
06-26-2007, 05:42 AM
Yeah, lets all just wait and see what happens. Don't want any unecessary rumors goin round.

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Sorry but I just seen the same thing you did. What they said was double homicide-suicide. They also said the same thing on MSNBC. I've come to realize in life that the most unlikely of people are capable to ANYTHING. Everyone should know thats true

HotScott92
06-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Yes we do. And don't apologize, ya just got sucked in by a (at the moment) unreliable media hypothesis. No harm done.;)

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Yes we do. And don't apologize, ya just got sucked in by a (at the moment) unreliable media hypothesis. No harm done.;)

Hmmm....well since I've read the same story on 4 different news sites (including wwe.com), I'd say its pretty reliable. Good use of sarcasm.

ThrillKillBill
06-26-2007, 06:04 AM
while i'm now forced to admit he is really dead. until i hear a official autopsy report of what happened i'm not buying into any of the media reports yet.

CC99999
06-26-2007, 06:20 AM
WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.
- cnn.com

Maybe there's more to it. Maybe Benoit killed his family then killed himself.

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 06:23 AM
The following is from a recent post on wrestlezone.com

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig t an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

thecrazyguy
06-26-2007, 06:25 AM
This whole thing is just such a hard pill to swallow . It's like a bad dream you cant wake up from. I have been such a huge fan of Chris Benoit for so many years, and my heart is just broken! I am not one to normally cry, but I cried today. And the loss of his wife and 7 year old son, there just are no words :(, this is all just such a tragic loss! My heart truly goes out to all of there loved ones tonight.

Goodbye my friend, you will be deeply missed. You were loved by so so many, and you will never, ever be forgotten!

R.I.P. Chris "The Crippler" Benoit 1967-2007

KewlBrettC
06-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Didn't anyone read my post or visit the link I added to it? Benoit is being accused of murdering his wife and son, then killing himself.

apparently i dont read well :)

KRIS DETH
06-26-2007, 06:46 AM
I Agree With Smokez He Couldnt Of Done It, He Looked Up To His Family Soo Much,

I Think Someone Killed Them, And When Benoit Found Out He Killed Him Self From the Horror, Think About It

Eddie Died (His Best Friend, That Messed Him Up Ennuf)
Now His Wife And Kid

He Had Nothing More To Live For, Since His Broke His Neck He Got Nothing.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit, I Will Be Wearing A CB Black Band Aswell As My EG One Everyday Now :(

Also To Add, Vince Machman Is Not Acculy Dead, It is A WWE Only Stunt Because He Owns A Big American Football Thing Now

Minty
06-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Anyone can do anything.

Its a shame they are dead, he was a well respected wrestler.

Bear in mind, this double murder suicide. If his wife and kid were that ill they were throwing up blood, he may have helped the inevitable of them dieing and then killed himself. People see the word murder and jump to stabbing/shooting etc. This could be more Euthanasia

Krazie
06-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Here's a full news story:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday. Authorities told ABC News that the deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide.

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found dead in their Georgia home.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m.

Pope said autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were scheduled for 10 a.m. on Tuesday. It could be weeks before there is a result.

Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check," Pope told ABC News. When sheriffs arrived at the home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed Nancy and Daniel over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

According to Pope, there were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation.

Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and a double-iron gate. On Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, along with two uniformed officers.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

"My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend," Carl DeMarco, the president of WWE Canada, said in a statement. "Chris was always first-class -- warm, friendly, caring and professional -- one of the best in our business."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

------------------

Wow. I'm speechless, the thought of him kill his wife and son never really even crossed my mind, but you know what, people snap, and this is a huge possibility. All signs point to that, really. If that's so, what a damn shame..

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Funny, thats what I've been trying to say. When somebody from the police department says something about the situation, its usually true because they've most likely seen the crime scene and seen the condition of the bodies. Also, are probably aware of what the body temps were at the time of discovery. Hence the 3 day theory. No matter what happened in that house, nothing can discredit what Chris Benoit did for the business.

P1NSEEKER
06-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Wow.

R.I.P Benoit and family.

There is nothing about this on the BBC and Fox news is an absolute joke so i dont believe a word they say, so im gonna hold off commenting till i hear something concrete ;)

Adam Miller
06-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I havn't heard about this before its quite sad i wasn't sure if its real. Not sure what to say R.I.P and if it was someone else who murdered them i hope they are found.

ocelot 212
06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
It makes you think when you see stuff like this happen

Haly
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Wow.

R.I.P Benoit and family.

There is nothing about this on the BBC and Fox news is an absolute joke so i dont believe a word they say, so im gonna hold off commenting till i hear something concrete ;)
Indeed, sounds like a hell of a lot of speculation for now.

RIP.

Drunk3nR4d
06-26-2007, 10:06 AM
i may be wrong, but from what i heard, eddie guerrero (spelling) friggin overdosed, and if thats true, hes an idiot... this is completely different... and if he did end his families suffering, how can you call that a murder?? even if they consented to it?? cmon now, would you rather die painfully and slow, or have it done without the pain???

and i am HONESTLY surprised that vince pulled the story, i am glad he did though, it shows respect and i respect the hell outta him for doing it.

Cold Rival
06-26-2007, 10:24 AM
RIP Benoit.

He was only 40 as well! That's not right...

Hawformel06910
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Wow if he did kill his family then wow, thats whats wrong with our society..... You go and kill you wife and children because you snap..... Why not just leave them... Yeah your kids will be poed and you wife will hate you, but its better then commiting a crime that would have put you into jail for the rest of your life. If you just left them becuase you snapped, so what maybe your run into your ex wife/husband later on in life and that will all just be the past. It will be ended. People are so stupid sometimes, why would you go kill your family and end up in jail with 2 life penalties and what not. And if This guy didn't kill his family, which it seems to me as he possibly did, but if he didn't I hope the sick bastard that may have murdered him and his family gets what he deserves.

codedigital
06-26-2007, 11:31 AM
He killed them. If he didn't then I'll eat a pile of shit.

I can't believe some of you are saying he couldn't have done it like you know this man personally. How childlike to think you know a person enough because you see him on TV everyday.

ANYONE can become unhinged.

SegaSaturnSNK
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM

I can't believe some of you are saying he couldn't have done it like you know this man personally. How childlike to think you know a person enough because you see him on TV everyday.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's like saying everyone is a good guy and they're are actually heroes out in this world but when it comes to a reality, heroes are just a fantasy imo. Sure, this whole thing is a mess but he probably did kill his wife and son because maybe of some dilemma where he was just fed up. People do these things, no matter how highly you are recognized in public as a good figure or not. This is life people, deal with it, and accept it.

For now, everyone is jumping into conclusions too fast. This is going to take weeks till we get some official news and accurate events of what happened.

Rowdy Boyz
06-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Chris was always my favourite wrestler. He always has been and no matter what the result is he probably always will be. After reading all about this I find it hard ot believe Benoit killed both his wife and kid. I don't know the guy personally, but from what I've heard he would never do anything like this. I hope the find out it wasn't him who did it, and if it turns out he is guilty, I'll still respect him, not as a person, but as the greatest technical wrestler of all time. Thank you for all the great memories Chris, you will be missed.

RIP Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

J Lo
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM

You obviously didn't watch Raw last night. There were many people that gave their last remarks to Benoit and 3 of them were his closest friends IMO, Adam Copeland, Chavito Guerrero, and Dean Malenko. They were personal friends with Benoit and they all said the same thing of how respectful, quiet, and kind he was but he never said he loved you. Chavito spent the night at the Benoit's house either Saturday or Sunday, so I still cannot see Benoit doing any of this, unless he got on some type of drug and didn't know what he was doing. Guerrerro died from heart failure and that was because of a history of alcohol and drug abuse and we all knew that. Benoit has no history of anything. We just have to wait it out and see what the autospy results say and people really need to stop jumping to conclusions (one person being me.)

Krazie
06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Looks like it is indeed a double murder-suicide:

ATLANTA (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said test results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Authorities also declined to say whether drugs or steroids were found inside the house. "We're not releasing any information as far as what was located inside the house," sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said Tuesday.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Whiteside said toxicology tests could take up to a week or longer to complete.

Neighbors said the Benoits led a low-key lifestyle.

"They were nice," said Lorre Jones, who lives across the street. Her daughter Alaina said: "We would see Chris walking in his yard from time to time. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't really outwardly warm."

Jimmy Baswell, who was Benoit's driver for more than five years, placed a white wreath at the Benoits' gate Tuesday.

"I saw him with his family all the time," said Baswell. "They always seemed like they were the happiest people."

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., said it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths.

Benoit, born in Montreal, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles. His names in the ring included "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling. The Fayette County Tax Assessors Office lists the value of the house, situated on more than 8.5 acres, at nearly $900,000.

The WWE canceled its live Monday Night RAW card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of a story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

Benoit became a standout at an early age among wrestling prospects who trained in the dungeon basement of the house where fellow Canadians and professional wrestlers Owen and Bret Hart trained. Owen Hart was killed during a wrestling event in 1999.

"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said Bret Hart, a five-time champion with the World Wrestling Federation. The federation has since changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I just wasted a couple hours of my life by watching that Raw yesterday, trying to pay my respect for this dude that I admired as a kid, he didnt deserve any type of memorial and I wish I could have that time back, because he certainly doesnt deserve my respect anymore..

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 06:10 PM
It wasn't a waste of time. People snap and become different people in a matter of seconds. Benoit still deserves a great deal of respect for his role in this industry.

Krazie
06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
It wasn't a waste of time. People snap and become different people in a matter of seconds. Benoit still deserves a great deal of respect for his role in this industry.

A murderer will never get my respect. Yes, he was a great wrestler, but anyone who still looks at him the same really needs to look at themselves and give themself a good smack to see what the hell is wrong with them..

A complete waste of my time to watch that Raw.

codedigital
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
You obviously didn't watch Raw last night. There were many people that gave their last remarks to Benoit and 3 of them were his closest friends IMO, Adam Copeland, Chavito Guerrero, and Dean Malenko. They were personal friends with Benoit and they all said the same thing of how respectful, quiet, and kind he was but he never said he loved you. Chavito spent the night at the Benoit's house either Saturday or Sunday, so I still cannot see Benoit doing any of this, unless he got on some type of drug and didn't know what he was doing. Guerrerro died from heart failure and that was because of a history of alcohol and drug abuse and we all knew that. Benoit has no history of anything. We just have to wait it out and see what the autospy results say and people really need to stop jumping to conclusions (one person being me.)

I would never watch Raw as I'm not even close to being a wrestling fan. But considering Krazie's post...I was right.

The issue with todays world is you can't go around thinking things like this couldn't happen. I don't know how many times I've watched the news and heard, "he/she was just the sweetest person in the world". And usually that's the person who did it.

Just because this guy was such an awesome person doesn't mean he's not capable of these things.

He's a murderer. He murdered his seven year old son. He's not worthy of your peoples continued respect.

graemelunn
06-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Whatever the resulting circumstances turn out to be, whichever way this is examine from this is a tragedy.
One of the most talented wrestlers in the world, his wife and child are all deceased at a time where they had so much life in front of them.
My condolences to the friends and family and I prey all three of the deceased rest in peace.

codedigital
06-26-2007, 06:24 PM

Wow...I can't believe you are saying that. This man killed his wife and his seven your old child.

No one that can do such a thing deserves ANY kind of respect...I don't give a shit if he was Pope/President/Prime Minister/celebrity.

A murderer will never get my respect. Yes, he was a great wrestler, but anyone who still looks at him the same really needs to look at themselves and give themself a good smack to see what the hell is wrong with them..

Word. Please people...lets not 'respect' murderers. Think of what your saying.

bplayak
06-26-2007, 06:28 PM

Unbelievable....I'm in utter shock.... I just read the associated press report and any "compassionate" words that I said about Chris Benoit I take them all back. He has lost all respect in my book as well and he definitely did not deserve that memorial service last night. How can anyone kill their wife and CHILD!!!??? It sickens me to the stomach that a person, who was considered a role model, or any person for that matter would do this. You don't deserve our tears Chris but your family does. R.I.P. Nancy and Daniel

SegaSaturnSNK
06-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Of course, we'll see some posts defending the guy that he was a good guy this and that. Seriously, you know him as a wrestler and nothing more but yeah, this is some sickening dreadful stuff. RIP for his wife and son, this is just awful.

darkXhawk
06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Heh...The reason you hear those things on the news (he/she was the "sweetest" person) is because they probably were. But, things happen. Emotions take over and the mind snaps. With that, a different person is created. Nothing can take away from who Benoit WAS.

bplayak
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Heh...The reason you hear those things on the news (he/she was the "sweetest" person) is because they probably were. But, things happen. Emotions take over and the mind snaps. With that, a different person is created. Nothing can take away from who Benoit WAS.

Soooo OJ Simpson was a great football player but we give him free pass too because of who he WAS right?.....no I don't think so. Doesn't matter who you were, you murder someone, you murder your family, anything credible you have done in your past vanishes. He deserves no accolades for anything he has done.

Krazie
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM

Are you kidding? This completely takes EVERYTHING away from who he was..

Tron
06-26-2007, 06:55 PM
we are not getting into the debate on whether benoit ruined his legacy because he supposedly killed his wife and kids...

2 points..

nothing is proven, yet.

and murderers are murderers...bottom line... tron out... and if this continues , lockety lock down from Tron off the top ropes.

L3giOn
06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Are you kidding? This completely takes EVERYTHING away from who he was..

Completely agreed.

Krazie
06-27-2007, 02:10 AM
and if this continues , lockety lock down from Tron off the top ropes.

Overruled.

Everything is proven, the guy is a murderer. His legacy is shattered. I was a big fan of him, but I will never look at this guy as a great wrestler again. Anybody that can kill a 7 year old child is a waste of space in my life.

We're talking about a children's role model who murdered his family. There's no accusations here. I dont care if it was the result of Roid Rage and he wasnt 100% clear of what he was doing. He's still a killer, and I'm ashamed for spending time watching the tribute yesterday and paying my respects to him. I wish I could have that hour or two of my life back.

This post will not be locked unless there are out of control arguments. Keep it clean, but drop your thoughts on this big issue. I'd like to hear some thoughts now that the facts are released from the big wrestling fans (Smokez, J Lo, etc.)

custom
06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Well I originally made a memorial sig for him, but seeing as he's a murderer I decided that he doesn't really deserve it. So....

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2986/benoitkillhu9.jpg

It's been voided.

ThrillKillBill
06-27-2007, 02:17 AM
i'd have to say i agree with you krazie, he ruined everything he worked a entire lifetime for over a weekend of madness. he was in my ton 10 of all time great wrestlers but i find it very hard to offer accolades to a murderer. i would not show any child i cared for his greatest moments in wrestling as if he was still a hero on fear that if they found out about what he did to his family, they would lose respect for me. it's a shame sure, but i can't help feeling as i do.

Krazie
06-27-2007, 02:21 AM
:( Fox news is the only news program I trust.

Anyways, how did he kill his family, did they say yet?

He strangled his wife, her body was found in the office. They believe she was killed on Saturday.

His son wasn't killed til Saturday night or early Sunday. He was smothered to death in his bedroom. He left a bible next to each one of their bodies.

Some time on Sunday he hung himself using a weightlifting machine in the gym.

L3giOn
06-27-2007, 02:22 AM
He strangled his wife, her body was found in the office. They believe she was killed on Saturday.

His son wasn't killed til Saturday night or early Sunday. He was smothered to death in his bedroom. He left a bible next to each one of their bodies.

Yeah sorry, I just saw the news article you posted earlier. What a horrible way for his wife and son to die. :(

Slormer
06-27-2007, 02:24 AM
I'll follow in the custom's footsteps. I lost all respect for Benoit after getting the final facts.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5968/benoitsipngzh5.png

I don't understand how someone can still have respect for someone who does that. No matter what they did before it.

Jdm
06-27-2007, 02:44 AM
I'll follow in the custom's footsteps. I lost all respect for Benoit after getting the final facts.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5968/benoitsipngzh5.png

I don't understand how someone can still have respect for someone who does that. No matter what they did before it.

He was on of my favorite wrestlers, but after I found out the truth...I have nothing to say. R.I.P. Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

The man ended the lives' of his family, his own life, and legacy. 3 hours of RAW was literally for nothing.:mad:

bplayak
06-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Here's a link to a vince mcmahon's statement prior to ECW, 26 hours after the memorial on RAW http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/ecw/2007/june22-28/4967642

From wwe.com, text messages surrounding the case:

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53 a.m.) - Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”
Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”
Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"
Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58 a.m.) - Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Also, "As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com."

I'm glad this thread got unlocked, it's good to be able to discuss these things, in a mature manner of course.

Tiamat66
06-27-2007, 04:21 AM
This whole thing is messed up. I got the chance on several occasions to meet Benoit during his ECW days in Philly. He was really nice, always willing to sign an autograph or take a picture with a fan. He and Dean Malenko were one of the best tag teams in ECW history. Usually in ECW, all the fans wanted was violence and bloodshed, and who can blame us. But they were so good at doing strait, technical wrestling, that it just didn't matter. I was really glad that he had the chance to win the WWE title, he was one of the wrestlers that really deserved it, unlike now when a guy doesn't even have to pay his dues to win a title. It's too bad that the guy had to sink to such a low level like this...

graemelunn
06-27-2007, 04:24 AM
I'd like to hear some thoughts now that the facts are released from the big wrestling fans (Smokez, J Lo, etc.)
OK, Krazie, may your wish be my command.
I watched Chris Benoit for years, from his days as the Pegasus Kid in Japan, through his ECW & WCW days and right through to his most recent tenure. He was, and probably will always be one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time.
However, given the facts which have come to light, well, they speak for themselves.
Both Nancy and Daniel were murdered in a horrific fashion before Chris took his own life later.
Quite simply, Chris Benoit's tragic actions over the last weekend have tarnished any memory which any wrestling fan would have had of this man, which is a real shame. This is echoed by the dismissal of tributes by the WWE in all post-RAW shows and the sentiments of Vince McMahon prior to ECW. This is condemnation enough as any regular viewer knows how WWE tend to ride the crest of emotion from the fans involving the death of any of the current or recent members of the roster.
I still find the whole thing hard to believe, but as I said before, the facts speak for themselves and I am not naive as to portray him as some kind of hero whom should be respected and missed thanks to his recent and final actions.

J Lo
06-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Overruled.

Everything is proven, the guy is a murderer. His legacy is shattered. I was a big fan of him, but I will never look at this guy as a great wrestler again. Anybody that can kill a 7 year old child is a waste of space in my life.

I'd like to hear some thoughts now that the facts are released from the big wrestling fans (Smokez, J Lo, etc.)

This is what me and Smokez feel about Benoit. I have lost all the respect in the world to Benoit as a person, BUT as a entertainer, wrestler, and actor, I still have respect to him for the shit that he did for the fans. All that's left that I want to know is why: why did he kill his wife and son then take his own life? That's pretty much all I have to say.

I am extremely pissed off at what I am seeing on other sites like on how the wife died, saying that her and Benoit were "having rough sex and it went too far." That shit pisses me off. I mean, this is a serious case and we got assholes thinking they are funny (not on this site, other sites.)

About the text messages, I believe this is some sort of suicide note if you will. Him telling a bunch of people where he live is telling them to call the cops and get the bodies or something like that, but hey, I'm only 14 years old and I really don't know much about crime and suicide notes and all that garbage.

Well on a final note, Chris Benoit's in ring abilites will be missed and it will be imitated but not duplicated. I am still in shock that I thought Benoit was not capable of doing this. He had all of us wrestling fans and even the people that he worked with fooled.

I can't believe that all of you have lost all respect for Benoit. I can understand you losing respect for him as a person, but I believe he still has earned his respect as an in ring entertainer and I think it's foolish of you guys to lose all respect to Benoit.

R.I.P. Nancy and Daniel and the Entertainer Chris Benoit.

(Oh and sorry for all the cursing, I'm just really distraught about all this.)

To Slormer and custom,

Although you may void him as a person, I don't think you should void those signatures because like a said before, Benoit was a pheonomenal in ring entertainer and wrestler and if you have lost all respect toward Benoit, then I think you have the wrong opinion on the guy, although the person behind the entertainer is a murderer. I have respect for Benoit as an in ring entertainer and nothing else.

Smokez
06-27-2007, 05:08 AM
Well I Haven't read any posts since mine until this. J Lo told me this thread got closed and re-opened because you want my input. First off I would like to say this whole situation is pretty shady.I have been watching Wrestling since I was about 6, I'm 19 now, but whenever someone like Chris has been lost it's something that will affect alot of people. I have heard so many different stories about when they died and the text messages were sent and recieved. I don't understand how he could send them Saturday and they don't get them until Sunday night. I really think Ballard is a jackass, he is trying to say Chris used wrestling moves to kill his wife and son. He is blaming WWE This is very bizzare and this isn't something I can get around. I respect the hell outta Chris Benoit "The Rabid Wolverine", The Wrestler. You tell how much he cared about wrestling and how much passion he had while doing it. From the 3 Hour special, from what HHH, Chavo , Dean , Edge , and Steph said he doesn't seem like he would do this. He loved his child and lived his whole life around respect. Chavos and Edge really got to me. I will respect Chris for an entertainer and as a person, I will look down on him for what he has done, it wasn't right and I wanna know what went thru his head while doing this. To Quote Edge "It's really confusing , I don't understand things like this and I never will". He will be greatly missed in the wrestling world. Go ahead and Flame me for Respecting him or whatever you want but he has a legacy in WWE and I will remember that.

J Lo
06-27-2007, 05:11 AM
If you are going to flame Smokez, you are going to have to flame me also. I believe me and Smokez have the right opinion and input on the respect level Benoit deserves, so go ahead and flame us because we are the real wrestling followers and nothing can take that away from us.

Krazie
06-27-2007, 05:21 AM
There will be NO flaming, or this thread WILL be locked. People are entitled to their opinions, and if you disagree with them, you can feel free to say so. But do NOT flame them for their opinions. Keep it civil and we'll be good :p

Well, I used to be a die hard wrestling fan for YEARS. Used to go to a couple live shows a year, order EVERY pay-per-view, even wrote stuff for a wrestling website. I also took place in a lot of those online wrestling federations (Roleplaying, dice, etc.). Benoit was one of my favorites, but even though I dont watch wrestling anymore, I'd never want to see one of his matches again. And, to be truthful, you guys will NEVER see a clip of him ever again on a WWE broadcast. No matter for what reason, no clip including him in anyway will ever be shown again. I guarantee it.

ThrillKillBill
06-27-2007, 05:22 AM
feel not you two, there will be no flaming in this thread. we are all confused and it helps to discuss it but anybody picking now to flame or crack retarded jokes will be dealt with quickly i'm sure. while i don't feel i can still respect benoit, i do respect you for standing by your beliefs and thoughts.

Smokez
06-27-2007, 05:31 AM
ntasy WWEThere will be NO flaming, or this thread WILL be locked. People are entitled to their opinions, and if you disagree with them, you can feel free to say so. But do NOT flame them for their opinions. Keep it civil and we'll be good :p

Well, I used to be a die hard wrestling fan for YEARS. Used to go to a couple live shows a year, order EVERY pay-per-view, even wrote stuff for a wrestling website. I also took place in a lot of those online wrestling federations (Roleplaying, dice, etc.). Benoit was one of my favorites, but even though I dont watch wrestling anymore, I'd never want to see one of his matches again. And, to be truthful, you guys will NEVER see a clip of him ever again on a WWE broadcast. No matter for what reason, no clip including him in anyway will ever be shown again. I guarantee it.

I used to do fantasy WWE and have every wrestling game made since SNES. Also I have every PPV on tape from 1994-2003. I stopped ordering them and just started going to bars to watch them since it was cheaper. I used to go to house shows because it was alot easier to meet the wrestlers and get Auto-graphs.

EDIT : I want to say all of you are wrong when saying WWE glorified a murderer. No one knew what had happened during the show until it was around 11Central. It was the right thing to do and i'm glad they did it, Im watching Nancy Drew right now and it's making me sick. I really dont like how they are handling this and saying they did glorified a murderer

shadow sniper
06-27-2007, 05:36 AM
any of you guys here about how he placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself......thats wut roids do to your head maybe now the wwe will out law it.sad all around

Hulking Bubba65
06-27-2007, 05:39 AM
this is just sad man........sad......

J Lo
06-27-2007, 05:43 AM
any of you guys here about how he placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself......thats wut roids do to your head maybe now the wwe will out law it.sad all around

Again with the jumping to conclusions. Yes, there were steroids in the home, but it was prescribed steroids and the toxiology reports haven't come back in yet, so how do you know he overdosed let alone took steroids before committing this crime?

B1@nK
06-27-2007, 05:49 AM
watched the tribute. ... WTF!? Teh fag old fart chairman is alive?? talked about chirs?? wtf? i thought he dead?? im confused...

Shaaady Souljah
06-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Again with the jumping to conclusions. Yes, there were steroids in the home, but it was prescribed steroids and the toxiology reports haven't come back in yet, so how do you know he overdosed let alone took steroids before committing this crime?

prescribed steroids are like any other type of steroids. and they are proven to make you overly aggresive and cause pyshicatric problems. im not judging him and saying they caused any of it, but if they were in his system within the last month or so they would certainly effect his behavior.

but a lot of people take steroids in sports, and they do not lead to things like this. so, although they may be a factor, they were not one of the main reasons behind it...

if this wrestling league wants to be considered a real sport, they should outlaw steroids immediately. but its obvious by looking at many of the participants that they are used quite often.

J Lo
06-27-2007, 05:55 AM
prescribed steroids are like any other type of steroids. and they are proven to make you overly aggresive and cause pyshicatric problems. im not judging him and saying they caused any of it, but if they were in his system within the last month or so they would certainly effect his behavior.

but a lot of people take steroids in sports, and they do not lead to things like this. so, although they may be a factor, they were not one of the main reasons behind it...

if this wrestling league wants to be considered a real sport, they should outlaw steroids immediately. but its obvious by looking at many of the participants that they are used quite often.

Well, WWE does drug tests and on April 10, 2007, Benoit passed the drug test, so he didn't have steroids in him during that period of time and until the toxiology reports come in, we shouldn't accuse him of overdosing steroids.

Krazie
06-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Well the leading assumption right now is Roid Rage, and it does make perfect sense. There's no conclusions being made, just possibilities.

And I know WWE didnt glorify a murder, but they do look like complete hypocrites now for having a 3 hour tribute for him without knowing the facts when it looked so suspicious. They are catching a lot of heat from the press right now, especially for not cracking down on the steroids like they said they would after Eddie's death. And frankly, the heat is well deserved.

And jeff, you're the one talking about no jumping to conclusions, how serious do you think WWE takes steroid tests when almost the entire roster is on steroids? Who even knows if they actually DO take real steroid tests?

I cant remember the exact number I heard today on CNN, but it was either 67 or 87 professional wrestlers over the past 10 years have died before the age of 45, mostly from a direct result of steroids, and WWE has turned a blind eye to it the entire time. I think its about time they start taking it seriously..

J Lo
06-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Well the leading assumption right now is Roid Rage, and it does make perfect sense. There's no conclusions being made, just possibilities.

And I know WWE didnt glorify a murder, but they do look like complete hypocrites now for having a 3 hour tribute for him without knowing the facts when it looked so suspicious. They are catching a lot of heat from the press right now, especially for not cracking down on the steroids like they said they would after Eddie's death. And frankly, the heat is well deserved.

And jeff, you're the one talking about no jumping to conclusions, how serious do you think WWE takes steroid tests when almost the entire roster is on steroids.

I cant remember the exact number I heard today on CNN, but it was either 67 or 87 professional wrestlers over the past 10 years have died before the age of 45, mostly from a direct result of steroids, and WWE has turned a blind eye to it the entire time. I think its about time they start taking it seriously..

I seriously do not know how seriously they take it because remember I am only a 14 year old kid expressing his opinion on this whole matter.

Krazie
06-27-2007, 06:08 AM
I seriously do not know how seriously they take it because remember I am only a 14 year old kid expressing his opinion on this whole matter.

I know, I respect that completely and I'm not knocking you. But look at these guys, how do you think they passed steroid tests? No way thats possible..

R Rated Love
06-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Not a fan of wrestling, but I am very curious to see if they find out what triggered these events.

Illution
06-27-2007, 06:50 AM
I think what teh smokez and teh j loz said pretty much sums it up. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm a wrestling fan, not "hardcore" by any means. I'll watch it once in a while, but that's it. I've been watching since I was a little kid back when my whole neighborhood loved it and Chris Benoit was one of our favorites. He was a great wrestler and deserves respect for that. But man, that story is sad/messed up. I do hope they figure out what happened and what not.

Smokez
06-27-2007, 06:54 AM

And jeff, you're the one talking about no jumping to conclusions, how serious do you think WWE takes steroid tests when almost the entire roster is on steroids? Who even knows if they actually DO take real steroid tests?

60 People have died and E.G wasn't because of roids it was drugs. I don't even kno of 60 people who have died in th 10 years while wrestling. They almost always do something before a show about someone passing away. I wanna see a list before I belive them on that. But they have cracked down on roid testing and have actully fired ppl for failing aka Test. He came back and ran ECW and was about to be champ but during a drug test he failed. It was obvious he took them to get bigger if you remember him(from TnA or when he was gonna Marry Steph but HHH did it first)

The bible thing is very odd because family said he wasn't religious and didnt belive in god. And for those of you who are saying shit about him giving his son growth hormones, he had Fragile X syndrome.

From Wiki - Aside from intellectual disability (mental retardation), prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, flat feet, larger testicals in men (macroorchidism), and low muscle tone. Behavioral characteristics may include stereotypic movements (e.g., hand-flapping) and atypical social development, particularly shyness and limited eye contact. Some individuals with the fragile X syndrome also meet the diagnostic criteria for autism. While full mutation males tend to present with severe intellectual disability, the symptomology of full mutation females runs the gamut of minimally affected to severe intellectual disability, which may explain why females are underdiagnosed relative to males.

Tussell
06-27-2007, 07:10 AM

That's just fucked.

InSoMnIaC_190
06-27-2007, 07:28 AM
My friend is in BIG time denial about him doing it. He honestly thinks someone set it up. Which we all know what happened I mean there was no struggle at all with him , you know Chris would not allow himself to be hung like that. He would have fought if it was some killer.

I still hold him up in high regards as a wrestler but in terms of what happened is very very fucked as the man above me said.

Also they had a big special on Nancy Grace ( on CNN headline news channel or whatever ).

On ECW McMahon said we will no longer see Benoit tributes but instead it was dedicated to those affected by it.

I think it is from his wife trying to leave him several times.

J Lo
06-27-2007, 07:31 AM
I thought I would provide you all with the rememberences that were on the tribute show before everyone found out really what happened.

Stephanie McMahon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2XMcZhapUA

William Regal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mv0u-nhv5o

Dean Malenko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lovy4H2vaKg

CM Punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGbV0ag-zE

Chavo Guerrero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8bbTFGZ9UE

John Cena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XrF8-1CWuY

Adam "Edge" Copeland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFH7BnBWek

Stone Cold Steve Austin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agRMpLBecgY

Triple H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2zZZDPbMiw

Every single person in each video all said the same word inside of it about Chris Benoit: RESPECT. One thing that stood out for Edge was when he said this: "Everybody in this locker room loved Chris Benoit. No one had anything bad to say about him." This quote right here is what makes it so hard to believe that Benoit actually did what he did. Well, enjoy the videos, I guess...

Also, please do NOT quote this post because it will slow down traffic on this site. Thank you.

darkXhawk
06-27-2007, 08:28 AM
I can't believe that all of you have lost all respect for Benoit. I canderstand you losing respect for him as a person, but I believe he still has earned his respect as an in ring entertainer and I think it's foolish of you guys to lose all respect to Benoit.

R.I.P. Nancy and Daniel and the Entertainer Chris Benoit.

(Oh and sorry for all the cursing, I'm just really distraught about all this.)

To Slormer and custom,

Although you may void him as a person, I don't think you should void those signatures because like a said before, Benoit was a pheonomenal in ring entertainer and wrestler and if you have lost all respect toward Benoit, then I think you have the wrong opinion on the guy, although the person behind the entertainer is a murderer. I have respect for Benoit as an in ring entertainer and nothing else.

Hmm, at least you agree with me. Like I said, nothing can take away from what he did for this business.

InSoMnIaC_190
06-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Jeff , thank you very much for the YouTube embed links. I was wanting to see them all.

Also as I said in my other post he will forever be golden as the amazing performer he was at least to me. His WCW days were some of my favorites besides his older ECW matches.

Even my dad did not like the news and did not even want to believe it as he was one of our favorite wrestlers.

Flea
06-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I was about to watch wwe for the 1st time in ages,
for the benoit tribute show in light of whats happened,
but since the truth about how his family died has come out,
i dont think i will watch it,
he was a great wrestler but i dont think i can no longer respect or watch him wrestle,
I feel sorry for the loss of his wife and son,
but thats all,
i wont feel sorry for a murderer.
:(

BlaZiN cdn
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't think people should lose respect for him, atleast not yet because who knows, he could have overdossed on steroids whether it was a mistake or not, or he could have had a mental breakdown, no ones knows for sure yet. Even if he wasn't on steroids or had a mental breakdown I don't think people should lose respect for him because he was a great wrestler, even people who don't watch wrestling at all (like me) knew who he was. So I think people should try and remember him as a great wrestler and not a killer, IMO.

codedigital
06-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't think people should lose respect for him, atleast not yet because who knows, he could have overdossed on steroids whether it was a mistake or not, or he could have had a mental breakdown, no ones knows for sure yet. Even if he wasn't on steroids or had a mental breakdown I don't think people should lose respect for him because he was a great wrestler, even people who don't watch wrestling at all (like me) knew who he was. So I think people should try and remember him as a great wrestler and not a killer, IMO.

Overdose or not...he killed two people.

Wrestler or not...he was a killer. "Hey! You killed someone, but I'm going to overlook that fact because you were a pretty good wrestler." What? You've got to be kidding me.

BTW...you just like him because he's one of the few things that came out of Canada :) j/k

deej brutal
06-27-2007, 04:08 PM
i was totally shocked when i heard about all this, because he was one of the few wrestlers i looked up to. but then when i read and heard about what he did to his wife and kid, and how he would give his kid growth enhancements because he was too small, changed everything.

Smokez
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
i was totally shocked when i heard about all this, because he was one of the few wrestlers i looked up to. but then when i read and heard about what he did to his wife and kid, and how he would give his kid growth enhancements because he was too small, changed everything.

Did you not read my last post? I don't think you coulda missed it but it gave the reason why his son was taking them. The media has twisted it around to make it worse then it really is and I can see it's gotten to you also.

Rocket
06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I didn't want to comment on this, as I am a huge wrestling fan. Speculation clouds everyone's judgement, as does admiration. Circumstances, reasons, drugs, doesn't matter. If what has been reported is fact, and the only reason I say if is because we haven't been given a complete report, only what is suspected from the evidence, and what the scene has shown, then everything that Chris Benoit did in his career as a professional wrestler is moot. It is just like your driving record. You could be a perfect driver for 20+ years and the one day your off a lil bit and you commit vehicular manslaughter because you got drunk and got behind the wheel. No one on this board knows (at least to my knowledge) Chris Benoit and his family personally. No one can say what set him off. No one can say that in real life he wasn't a violent person. All the wrestlers saying that they knew him could have been saying all the nice things about him because they thought he was murdered, and wanted to save him from what he is getting now. And why would they say bad things about him? No one bashes the victim, they always bash the criminal. For all we know, he could have been the most abusive son of a bitch in the world. All we know is what we are told...he killed his family. He is no longer an "idol", no longer a superstar. I can almost guarantee you that every parent who has kids with any of his gear, posters, toys, anything, will more than likely take it away from them. Which they should. This is all my opinion, take it or leave it, but don't flame, it only shows how childish you are...

Maka
06-27-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't think people should lose respect for him, atleast not yet because who knows, he could have overdossed on steroids whether it was a mistake or not, or he could have had a mental breakdown, no ones knows for sure yet.

If someone goes out and parties all night, and gets drunk than goes into a car and crashes at an intersection and kills a family of 4, being drunk is not an excuse. He did what he did, and what state he was in doesnt matter at all.

He killed himself his wife and a 7 year old kid; his son. Anyone who can do such a thing doesnt deserve my respect at all, not even a second of it. He is a murderer, no matter who he was or what he did in his life, it doesnt change that, and nothing will.

I compare this Situation to what happened with Zinadine Zidane, where in his final match he gave a nasty head butt to a plaer. Although he was an awesome payer, he is now remembered for being the guy who headbutted the Italian guy even though he had a beautiful Career.

UNDERWALLY
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I still cant believe Benoit murdered his family, he was my ECW favorite, im so sad, when i heard from a friend i was in shock, first i thought he was assassinated, but now i know that horrible truth. RIP Rabid Wolverine

Deftone2k6 Uk
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I have'nt seen WWE for ages but i cant figure out why he would do that. I would say he was one of my fav once a pona time

J Lo
06-27-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm in absolute shock that people are STILL losing all respect toward Benoit. In the WWE, the person's character and the person itself are two completely different things and Benoit has DEFINITELY earned his respect as a character in the WWE. I find it quite foolish that you guys have lost all respect for him.

Minty
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm in absolute shock that people are STILL losing all respect toward Benoit. In the WWE, the person's character and the person itself are two completely different things and Benoit has DEFINITELY earned his respect as a character in the WWE. I find it quite foolish that you guys have lost all respect for him.

Gonna play Devils Advocate here.....

In the 1920s there was a highly respected artist who was very gifted. In later life he went on and was responsible for loss of human lives as well. Which do you think he is remembered for? I bet you never heard Hitler being mentioned in your art classes.

He was a good wrestler, and provided hours of entertainment. But I refuse to pay any tribute to a murderer. In the ring and in his personal life he was still the same human being. Every decision you make in your life you are accountable for.

camell
06-27-2007, 07:46 PM
I totally agree Benoit busted his ass for 22 years for all the fans and everyone turns on him for one minute of madness.

codedigital
06-27-2007, 07:47 PM

I agree with Minty. In the ring or not...he's one person...a human being. Who took the life of his wife and a 7 year old child(his).

I'm in absolute shock that you can still respect someone who's murdered people.

Maybe this is one of those things that come with age.

Rocket
06-27-2007, 07:51 PM

See, that's your opinion of him. Some of us don't see things the way you do, and there is nothing wrong either way. How many people hate the president or don't respect him or his decisions because of Iraq? A lot right...well of those people, how many of them still respect all the good he has done? The Military gets paid better, we get more money for housing. He has done a lot of good, and yet, people still don't see past Iraq. The same goes for the fact that Chris Benoit murdered his family. Thats not something that I for one can look past. I hope that puts a little more perspective on it for you

Vampire x360a
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
i know absloutley nothing about wrestling but RIP no familydeserves to be murdered when they aint doen wrong

Rocket
06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
i know absloutley nothing about wrestling but RIP brother no one deserves to be murdered when they aint doen wrong

DUDE, DID YOU EVEN READ THE THREAD? HE KILLED HIS FAMILY! Then commited suicide....please read before you post

Vampire x360a
06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
dude fuck n hell i was onli goin by the first page of pots and what i had herd from frends at skl, i was given false info

Smokez
06-27-2007, 08:19 PM
dude fuck n hell i was onli goin by the first page of pots and what i had herd from frends at skl, i was given false info

Then Thats spam if you dont kno anything about the topic at hand.

@ Codedigital - I don't think age has anything to do with this, Jeff is 14 and still respects someone for what he did in his life not for the Murders and thats his own choice. Im 19 and I also respect Chris Benoit, for what he did in wrestling and nothing will change that. Yes he murdered his family and thats wrong. I will down on him for that, Its MO and most people wont agree because they different views on this subject but I don't think age has anything to do with this.

codedigital
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
@ Codedigital - I don't think age has anything to do with this, Jeff is 14 and still respects someone for what he did in his life not for the Murders and thats his own choice. Im 19 and I also respect Chris Benoit, for what he did in wrestling and nothing will change that. Yes he murdered his family and thats wrong. I will down on him for that, Its MO and most people wont agree because they different views on this subject but I don't think age has anything to do with this.

I'm talking more along the lines of the fact that he said he is "absolutely shocked" people have lost all respect. It suprises me that he expects everyone to still respect him. That's where the age comment was coming from.

shadow sniper
06-27-2007, 08:29 PM

he didnt overdose on steroids he was depressed cuz he took them and how do i know he takes them well to keep his job hes in his 40 and he needs to keep up wit everyone and almost everyone in the wwe takes that stuff cuz they dont have tests for steriods.....i dont think that was benoit that killed his wife i think it was the dark side (that everyone has mind you) of his that took over and he could not Control him self.this is not new things like this allways happin you just dont here about it much

**im in no defending chirs at all on this one**

Tussell
06-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Hunter's and Steve's video made me want to cry.:(

Maka
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I think he deserves what every other Murderer gets, utter disgust from everyone. This kinda stuff makes me sick.

Smokez
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
he didnt overdose on steroids he was depressed cuz he took them and how do i know he takes them well to keep his job hes in his 40 and he needs to keep up wit everyone and almost everyone in the wwe takes that stuff cuz they dont have tests for steriods.....i dont think that was benoit that killed his wife i think it was the dark side (that everyone has mind you) of his that took over and he could not Control him self.this is not new things like this allways happin you just dont here about it much

**im in no defending chirs at all on**

Yes they do test for steriods. DO people not read my posts or something? Test got fired recently due to steroids. You also dont know he was depressed, I would honestly prefer if you didn't try and speak like you knew because its not cool.

B1@nK
06-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Erm does anyone read my post?? I wonder how the hell the chairman is alive and talking about chris?? I thought he dead??

JonnyC VT
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Hello folks, glad to see this got re-opened.

As much as I hated to admit it at first, I had thought Beniot was the culprit before any reports came out proving that fact. I actually won $10 from a bet with a co-worker that evening, who thought it was wrong of me to make that assumption. The circumstances were incredibly strange, something very fishy.

So on to the whole discussion about losing respect for man vs. career. Everyone will have their own take, and no one is wrong. Remembering back to Wrestlemania when Chris won the world title, the raw emotion, the tears, and celebration. I can still say to this date, that that was the most powerful moment for me as a viewer of wrestling. I love that memory, and I respect that memory and the man that painted that picture. However, I can not, and will not respect a man that kills. I am allowed to respect the memories and love the memories of what he once was, but the thought of Chris Beniot as a man makes me sick, and I am disgusted by his acts. What someone does will dictate your perceptions, but your fondest memories can remain.

For instance, Cho the VT Massacre gunman, you know his parents don't think about the memories of him growing up and the good things they shared and throw them away; voiding them. They cherish these memories, they hold on to them in remembrance of the once good. However, thinking about the wrong-doings, they are hurt, shocked, and yes, have probably lost all respect for him. So someone that does this with Chris' memories I think isn't doing something bad.

Now. Roid Rage? C'mon.You don't take steriods and kill people, I'm sorry, you don't. I personally know 3 people that have taken steriods, and two that currently do. I can't even notice a difference in aggression, however this could be different with different people. The man must have snapped, had prior issues, or something, but you can't blame someones mental issues on a growth hormone, sorry.

And yes, the fact about the wrestlers dying early, well, it's true. They don't get respect and never will since the sport is seen as fake. I've personally known 2 wrestlers that have died in the independent scene from internal complications. The famous ones you hear about that didn't die due to drugs or alcohol, all had internal problems, and these problems are caused by 300 days a year of bumping on a mat. Plain and simple, it's not good for your body.

Anderson Cooper last night had a statistic that Pro Wrestlers are 20 times more likely to die before age 45 than American Pro Football players. That's a staggering remark, and one that should open up the eyes of some. The sport is physical, and very harmful on the body.

In closing, I will miss the memories that Chris provided in ring, but I will never, ever respect or love a murderer. Forgiveness is something I give very freely with time, but the time has not come, nor will it come soon for someone like this.

I love you all, I'm not wearing any pants.

~Jon

CantSeeMeFools
06-27-2007, 11:07 PM
B1@nk, the whole McMahon dying thing was just a crappy storyline from WWE that if you checked by any other forums, most people knew that he was still alive. It was a ratings catcher.

In regards to Benoit, it remains a sticky subject.

Chris Benoit is one of the greatest freaking wrestlers. If you ask anyone who was a true wrestling fan, he would have probably been on or near the top of greatest wrestlers of all time. He had personality, he had qualities that you could respect, and he had given people hope. Benoit wasn't the biggest superstar, he wasn't the toughest but it came down to respect and durability he had that X-Factor that attracted people to watch him. Whether it was on RAW, ECW, or Smackdown. We should remember him as a great wrestler.

And of course I said should....

What most of us will remember is how Benoit choked his wife to death, smothered his son and then hung himself.

Now where's many questions about how he did it or should I say why he did it. Steriod Rage is a theory due to the fact that steriods were found inside of his house. Also, there is the theory of his son having a rare disease which i believe was called Fragile X (I may be wrong, please correct the name if I mis-said it). Finally, there is the side I really hope isn't true. Benoit was a sick son of a ***** and killed his family for the sake of it or from anger.

I am not here to argue about how we should remember Benoit. However, I feel that although I will never see it in my eyes to forgive him for taking away the life of a beautiful young woman and lovely young boy, Benoit did amazing things for Wrestling.

Love him, hate him.....he was a great wrestler.
Personality wise, we are still not 100% sure

J Lo
06-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Erm does anyone read my post?? I wonder how the hell the chairman is alive and talking about chris?? I thought he dead??

Vince McMahon faked his own death to kill off his character from the storyline, but this is off topic. Read the "Vince McMahon Dead?" thread.

Minty
06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Personality wise, we are still not 100% sure

I think we pretty much are 100% certain actually

Tussell
06-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I think we pretty much are 100% certain actually
Yeah, definately agreed. Personality doesn't mean shit.

Just look at half the worlds serial killers. They put on an act. And I know it may seem farfetched to assume that his act was becoming a pro wrestler... The whole 'putting on an act' thing may not be true.

People can just snap man.

jarhead1990
06-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah I'm definitely shocked about this whole thing. I was reading about it in the newspaper today. It said he placed Bibles near his families corpses. Pretty freaky. Back when I was like 10 years old i was a huge wrestling fan and i went to WcW event to see Chris. I made a Poster/fan sign saying "GO CRIPPLER" I was a huge fan. I just can't believe this type of thing happened. Crazy world we are in. I'm gonna go ahead and believe the whole "Rodi Rage" Theory. R.I.P Chris.

Tussell
06-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah I'm definitely shocked about this whole thing. I was reading about it in the newspaper today. It said he placed Bibles near his families corpses. Pretty freaky. Back when I was like 10 years old i was a huge wrestling fan and i went to WcW event to see Chris. I made a Poster/fan sign saying "GO CRIPPLER" I was a huge fan. I just can't believe this type of thing happened. Crazy world we are in. I'm gonna go ahead and believe the whole "Rodi Rage" Theory. R.I.P Chris.
LMFAO! I want to see your sign.

I honostly don't know what to blame his actions on.

OpB
06-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Benoit is a coward, I don't watch wrestling anymore.. but man, Vince McMahon must be so pissed. He had to come out of his story line to announce Benoit's death and give him a respectable memorial show which now Vince regrets doing based on the facts of how the family died.

Benoit was one of my favourites since WcW. He was an amazing wrestler... but now I've lost all the respect for the guy. What a cowardly move on his part..

Tussell
06-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Benoit is a coward, I don't watch wrestling anymore.. but man, Vince McMahon must be so pissed. He had to come out of his story line to announce Benoit's death and give him a respectable memorial show which now Vince regrets doing based on the facts of how the family died.

Benoit was one of my favourites since WcW. He was an amazing wrestler... but now I've lost all the respect for the guy. What a cowardly move on his part..

How can you call him a coward? Something must have been wrong. I mean, you can't call someone a coward, who has problems. IMHO.

Minty
06-28-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and believe the whole "Rodi Rage" Theory. R.I.P Chris.

His wife was killed a seperate day to his son, so doubt very much that it was Rodi Rage. Or if it was then once he came out of killing his wife, he realised he would have to kill his son as noone could care for him when hes in jail or whatever. This cannot just be blamed on Rodi Rage.

And as for RIP... hope he rots in hell

How can you call him a coward?

Killing yourself is the most cowardly thing a man can ever do. Its running away from everything

B1@nK
06-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Vince McMahon faked his own death to kill off his character from the storyline, but this is off topic. Read the "Vince McMahon Dead?" thread.
Holy shit really? That part make me believe it real... damn i really wish he dead :mad:

Spot2009
06-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Gonna play Devils Advocate here.....

In the 1920s there was a highly respected artist who was very gifted. In later life he went on and was responsible for loss of human lives as well. Which do you think he is remembered for? I bet you never heard Hitler being mentioned in your art classes.
How did I know it was gonna be about Hitler? A lot of those things are about him. It's pretty weird, ain't it?

Anyway, I heard about this the next day it happened. I really have no comment about this, but I just have to say I never really liked him as a wrestler, seeing him get a huge push to the World Heavyweight Championship.

I agree with OpB, it sucks hard. Vince just did this entire thing w/ him blowing up in a limo, then doing some memorial before finding out the entire story. It basically made that entire story die out. And Benoit killed his family on different days? What the hell? I thought it was the same day.

OpB
06-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Yea, well that's what investigators say anyways. I think the coroners or w/e can tell by the way the bodies look that the wife and son were killed at different times. More then look obviously.. If you watch C.S.I you know what I mean.

Tiamat66
06-28-2007, 03:02 AM
I was a wrestling fan for a long time. Enough of a fan to be in the business for a short while. Regardless, of wether you loved or hated Chris Benoit, the fact remains he is brutally murdered his wife and son. There is no comparison between Benoit and his 'character.' It became completely irrelevent as soon as he put his hands around his wifes throat. As far as I'm concerned, his legacy is trash, anything the man ever accomplished is FUBAR.

While I'm not a huge fan of Vince anymore, I feel bad for him, and the wrestlers who poured their hearts out on RAW, only to find out they did so for a murderer. No matter who the man was, wether celebrity, or just a common lunatic, no one should think kindly of this man in any way. Any decent thought you still have of him should be directed to his poor wife and child, who most defenitly did not deserve what they got.

If this was another dumbass housewife from Texas who killed her kids, everybody would be ready to string her up and rightly so. Just because the man was a professional wrestler does not mean he should be placed on a pedastal for such a heinous crime...

Minty
06-28-2007, 03:14 AM
How did I know it was gonna be about Hitler? A lot of those things are about him. It's pretty weird, ain't it?

Not really, as a Devils advocate it was a pretty good example.

If your gonna say it, say it.....

x McGrim x
06-28-2007, 03:29 AM
I don't watch wrestling because it's all fake. Anyways, Benoit actually grew up in my city.

OpB
06-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Pointless to say that..

I wouldn't call asphyxiation a brutal way to kill somebody, but anyways.. It was lame that Vince did come out of story, but I don't feel sorry for the man. He'll come up with another horrible plot (one of the many reasons i quit watching WWE.)

I've heard a few reasons why Benoit went on the craze fest.. and the one that sounds most reasonable is that his wife Nancy wanted a divorce and Benoit didn't want to go through with it. With that and the superstar stress he could have just snapped. I don't think Benoit "roid raged".

darkXhawk
06-29-2007, 05:43 AM
Just because they're occupation is "wrestler" doesn't mean they take steroids.

I didn't see any posts about this but according to the news, Benoits doctors office was raided by the feds. Also, Benoit's wikipedia page was found to be updated stating he was missing the PPV because his wife died. It was updated 14 hours before the bodies were found. They traced the IP address back to a computer at WWE HQs. This is becoming a very bizarre case.

Tussell
06-29-2007, 06:36 AM
This entire thing is starting to turn into the "Brittany Shaving Her Head Thing."

God damn celebrities. :mad:

Tained sainity
06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
It is very odd about what has happened to Chris Benoit and his family, I think that the investigators need to do their job and find out about the family and piece it together. however steroids are not involved as since Eddie died the WWE has placed a drug policy and they every month check for drug use and Benoit waas tested and tested negative and his home has been checked and drugs found were legal perscriptions

R.I.P. Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit

J Lo
06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
The only piece that is missing from this bizarre puzzle is the toxiology report. Once that is in, this whole case should be crystal clear on why Benoit did what he did.

halo warlord2k7
06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
i was very shocked to hear about thid because i fort he was a great man

graemelunn
06-29-2007, 10:53 AM
They traced the IP address back to a computer at WWE HQs. This is becoming a very bizarre case.
This is incorrect. There were two seperate IP addresses discovered, one of the original posting and one of a subsequant edit. The original one originated from Stamford, Conn, hometown of WWE Headquarters, but the IP has been proven NOT to originate from within WWE. The second IP was traced to a wireless internet provider in Australia.
has placed a drug policy and they every month check for drug use and Benoit waas tested and tested negative and his home has been checked and drugs found were legal perscriptions
Benoit tested negative due to prescribed drugs being permitted in the Wellness Test, and hence could have had a system full of them and still tested negative.
The only piece that is missing from this bizarre puzzle is the toxiology report. Once that is in, this whole case should be crystal clear on why Benoit did what he did.
:goodpost:whs

angry
06-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I am very shocked about the whole story, i have only just found out about this tradgedy and damn i feel for his family's relatives that are living, Chris Benoit was a great wrestler just cannot understand wtf is happining......

bplayak
06-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Just because they're occupation is "wrestler" doesn't mean they take steroids.

I didn't see any posts about this but according to the news, Benoits doctors office was raided by the feds. Also, Benoit's wikipedia page was found to be updated stating he was missing the PPV because his wife died. It was updated 14 hours before the bodies were found. They traced the IP address back to a computer at WWE HQs. This is becoming a very bizarre case.
This is incorrect. There were two seperate IP addresses discovered, one of the original posting and one of a subsequant edit. The original one originated from Stamford, Conn, hometown of WWE Headquarters, but the IP has been proven NOT to originate from within WWE. The second IP was traced to a wireless internet provider in Australia.

I just read this on AOL news post on this(they copyrighted the Associated Press on this article) and this is really weird that someone updated wikipedia 14 hours PRIOR to when the bodies were found. The actual quote goes "The edits were originally reported by Wikinews, an online news source connected to Wikipedia. Friday's post was added to a discussion page for the Wikinews story. According to Wikinews, the IP address of the individual is identical to that of the user who edited Benoit's profile early Monday morning.

"I was reading rumors and speculation about this matter online, and one of them included that his wife may have passed away, and I did the wrong thing by posting it on wikipedia to spite (sic) there being no evidence," the user wrote. The poster did not identify himself or herself.

The individual acknowledged being from Stamford, Conn., the home of World Wrestling Enterainment. In the message, the individual claimed no connection to WWE."

The IP address connected to the individual has a history of editing wrestling-related articles on Wikipedia, according to Sandra Ordonez, Communications Manager for Wikimedia Foundation, the parent organization for Wikipedia.

"The IP address had a very consistent history," Ordonez said.

Ordonez also said the organization had verified the authenticity of the time stamps on the posts."

"An IP address, a unique series of numbers carried by every machine connected to the Internet, does not necessarily have to be broadcast from where it is registered."

There's nothing in this AP article that says anything about another IP address originating in Australia, even though, theoretically, that is possible. I just think it's strange someone knew before the bodies were found. If they didn't,that would have been one hell of an assumption. Maybe Benoit leaked to someone, close friend maybe?, that his wife did in fact die? Or maybe he told someone more? Thoughts? Hypotheses?

Danny Dibo
06-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I just read this on AOL news post on this(they copyrighted the Associated Press on this article) and this is really weird that someone updated wikipedia 14 hours PRIOR to when the bodies were found. The actual quote goes "The edits were originally reported by Wikinews, an online news source connected to Wikipedia. Friday's post was added to a discussion page for the Wikinews story. According to Wikinews, the IP address of the individual is identical to that of the user who edited Benoit's profile early Monday morning.

"I was reading rumors and speculation about this matter online, and one of them included that his wife may have passed away, and I did the wrong thing by posting it on wikipedia to spite (sic) there being no evidence," the user wrote. The poster did not identify himself or herself.

The individual acknowledged being from Stamford, Conn., the home of World Wrestling Enterainment. In the message, the individual claimed no connection to WWE."

The IP address connected to the individual has a history of editing wrestling-related articles on Wikipedia, according to Sandra Ordonez, Communications Manager for Wikimedia Foundation, the parent organization for Wikipedia.

"The IP address had a very consistent history," Ordonez said.

Ordonez also said the organization had verified the authenticity of the time stamps on the posts."

"An IP address, a unique series of numbers carried by every machine connected to the Internet, does not necessarily have to be broadcast from where it is registered."

There's nothing in this AP article that says anything about another IP address originating in Australia, even though, theoretically, that is possible. I just think it's strange someone knew before the bodies were found. If they didn't,that would have been one hell of an assumption. Maybe Benoit leaked to someone, close friend maybe?, that his wife did in fact die? Or maybe he told someone more? Thoughts? Hypotheses?

Orr, maybe he was murdered and there is a cover-up going on. Whether its murder, scandal or politics, there's always something going on behind the scenes. I doubt we will know the truth of what really happened for a long time, if ever.
Either way, something about this just doesn't add up.
I wouldn't even overlook the WWE, with all the steriod accusations and leagues trying not to get caught up in it all, isint it possible he might have made a deal with someone to talk about WWE activly providing steroids to the wrestlers?
I don't think the WWE would have liked that sort of thing....

(Conspiracy Theory-at your service.)

nightmare975
06-29-2007, 11:39 PM
I feel bad for trying to defend him at the beginning of this topic, sorry jefjr92492, for arguing with you.

darkXhawk
06-30-2007, 02:02 AM
I think we're gonna see his doctor get into some serious trouble. He admitted to seeing Benoit in his office on Friday, probably before the first murder, and he said Benoit seemed fine. But the doctor wouldn't comment on if he gave him any meds. I think that doctor gave him something under the table.

J Lo
06-30-2007, 05:42 AM
I feel bad for trying to defend him at the beginning of this topic, sorry jefjr92492, for arguing with you.

Well, you didn't really argue with me because I was and still am trying to defend him, that is, until the toxiology reports come in. People are starting to buzz on how someone murdered the family and framed it so it looked like Benoit did it and then propped the body up on a weight lifting wire so it looked like he hung himself after he murdered his family. We just got to wait and see.

Tussell
06-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Well, you didn't really argue with me because I was and still am trying to defend him, that is, until the toxiology reports come in. People are starting to buzz on how someone murdered the family and framed it so it looked like Benoit did it and then propped the body up on a weight lifting wire so it looked like he hung himself after he murdered his family. We just got to wait and see.
Well than, if that is indeed the case, what was up with the 'bible' thing?

Minty
06-30-2007, 10:08 AM

They will know the cause of death by now, and if that was the case then the police would have opened up the investigation by now.

Flea
06-30-2007, 11:34 AM

It couyld have been the same Ip address,
but they also used webwarper on the computer so it gives a different ip addy.

Ive used web warper in the past to get on sites i couldnt get on with my normal ip.

Mr Striker09
06-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Chris Benoit killed his wife and kid. That takes courage. he looks like a mad man.

Minty
06-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Chris Benoit killed his wife and kid. That takes courage. he looks like a mad man.

Courage??

Are you fucking serious? Killing someone isnt a sign of courage. And killing yourself is the biggest sign of him not being courageous ever.

ThrillKillBill
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Courage??

Are you fucking serious? Killing someone isnt a sign of courage. And killing yourself is the biggest sign of him not being courageous ever.

oh i don't know minty...... it's pretty courageous that he knowingly condemned himself to hell :eek:

but on a serious note i agree, killing yourself merely points out that you lack the courage to live.

Tussell
06-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Has any information on the whole bible thing been released yet?

ThrillKillBill
06-30-2007, 05:42 PM
actually tussel, the bible thing has taken such a small role in the media. their main (and only) focus is the roid rage. sad huh

J Lo
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Well than, if that is indeed the case, what was up with the 'bible' thing?

I don't know, just another prop in the framing, but I can't say anything until the puzzle is complete.

Tussell
06-30-2007, 05:51 PM
actually tussel, the bible thing has taken such a small role in the media. their main (and only) focus is the roid rage. sad huh
Well I mean, I guess the roid thing is talked about more because it would be one of the main subjects of a motive.

But I just think it's odd that there was bibles next to the bodies... I think maybe that another team of specialists should take a look into that while the roid theory is looked at...

Turbo VDuB 44
06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
The steroid thing is the most prevalent and obvious motive. Someone earlier in this post said that steroids give you rage only so he wouldn't have killed himself. Do research...steroids give you roid rage then act as a depressant. If he " stayed at home" because his kid and wife were throwing up blood...and the reports came back that the wife and child were murdered 48 hours before he was. He obviously went ballistic...sat around for 2 days then killed himself in his depression. This is a tragedy yes, but just because he was part of some retarded show like WWE doesn't mean there is a conspiracy, etc.

Smokez
06-30-2007, 06:51 PM
What Exactly is a "Wrestling" Choke HOld? Part 1
By Hunter Golden, Wrestleview.com

Chris Benoit and his family are dead, but really, we’ve all lost our heads.

Mick Foley always said the real world was a lot faker than wrestling and I’ve got a feeling he’s right and almost to a scary degree. After all, Chris Benoit proved to be far more of a fraud as a man than he ever could have been as a wrestler.

Because of Benoit, the ‘sport’ of pro wrestling is in serious jeopardy. If anyone’s to ‘blame’ for anything, it’s the rabid wolverine, who in real life is more like the cowardly lion. So as angry as we wrestling fans may get about the media coverage and the absolute hack job on the WWE, you can rest the responsibility all at the feet of one man: Chris Benoit. His actions may sadly cost a lot more than just his family’s lives. Thanks to the guy who supposedly represented everything that pro wrestling was supposed to be about, we now have an utterly incompetent batch of boobs investigating a case that’s clearly above their mental acuity to solve and a media storm that may be enough to hurt WWE stock to the degree that wrestling could forever lose it’s foothold as an anchoring form of television entertainment.

That being said…

Because it seems that very few have any interest in sticking up for pro wrestling in any shape or form, I’d like to take the opportunity to speak my peace about the utterly appalling coverage on the part of the national news media regarding the whole Benoit ‘investigation’ and attempt #678,441,334 to rake pro wrestling over the coals on the part of the national news media. It’s high time other spineless, publicity loving wrestling reporters tried to do the same.

I’ve seen some pretty intense and wild media hack jobs in my time, but this one ladies and gentleman, may take the taco. The crappy investigating and shoddy reporting should be looked upon as almost as embarrassing as Chris Benoit’s actions. Really, this column is no more than a semi-organized rant, but someone’s got to at least ATTEMPT to defend pro wrestling in a semi-coherent manner.

Perhaps the most interesting claim on the part of the police and national news media is the claim that Chris Benoit killed his son with a ‘wrestling’ choke hold. Did I miss something? When did wrestling get credited with inventing the concept of choking a human being? What exactly is a ‘wrestling’ choke hold and how does it differ from a ‘real’ choke hold? How do the police break the angles down to determine that Benoit used a ‘wrestling’ choke hold on his son? Did they use a ruler to determine it? Wait, and isn’t wrestling NOT REAL? Like as in wrestling is fake, so the choke hold shouldn’t hurt as opposed to a real one (not wrestling) that does hurt? Are human beings that stupid these days?

Nearly as entertaining has been the re-emergence of Debra and Chyna. One woman’s claim to fame is her incredibly plastic boobies and the other’s perhaps best known for taking in the butt from X-Pac and snorting a ton of coke. Every circus side-show that’s got a grudge against Vince McMahon is coming out of the woodwork, but the media seems utterly disinterested in anyone who’d dare support the WWE, or pro wrestling in general. To the mainstream media, apparently nothing screams credibility like getting slammed in the butt by X-Pac.

You’d figure the media would be more cutting-edge and mod. After all, steroids are so 15 years ago. Why haven’t we heard about the piles of pain killers and anti-depressants taken out of Benoit’s house? Instead, we just hear about the anabolic steroids that were legally prescribed. Nothing pricks up ears like the word ‘steroids’.

The investigation, for the most part, has been pretty third rate, too. They’ve changed the timeline of events close to 10 times now and the more police investigate this case, the less they actually seem to know. First Nancy Benoit was left strangled in the middle of her television room floor, but now we’re hearing it was at the top of the stairs. First it was just strangulation but now we’re finding out her head was in a puddle of blood. The son went from being suffocated with a pillow to being killed in a ‘wrestling’ choke hold. Do these morons really know ANYTHING right now, much less enough to be talking to an utterly listless and brain dead media?

Perhaps what’s even more hilarious is a fundamentally irresponsible media and police force attempting to hold folks responsible for Benoit’s actions. If the WWE is to blame for any steroid use amongst its wrestlers, then shouldn’t Major League Baseball or The National Football League be held responsible for Barry Bonds’ steroid abuse? What constitutes an ‘active’ wrestler? And no, Meredith, Owen Hart didn’t die from a heart attack. He died from a stunt gone bad. You’d figure at least the ‘Today Show’ would take a swing at research.

All these questions that are just so easy to answer if the media would take the opportunity to listen for a change. Are steroids a problem in wrestling? Steroids are still prevalent in wrestling today. However, they’re not nearly as prevalent as they were 10 years ago because the demand for smaller, more athletic and durable wrestlers has done a lot to phase out most of the need for anabolic steroids. Pain killers are a huge problem. Depression is an even bigger problem. Want to know what happened to Chris Benoit? It might be advisable to start there.

And how about not releasing information until the autopsy results are in? It’s obvious the police really DON’T have much of an explanation for what happened. To anyone who knew the guy or closely followed his career, these guys would just be joining the club But what D.A. would let that get in the way of becoming a media star!?

People like Debra and Chyna get lots of airtime on mainstream news networks because they fit the perceived mold of what most pro wrestlers are, or in the media’s eyes, should be: Retarded, mostly made of plastic, and did I mention completely drugged up and, before I forget, retarded?

They also love to hammer Vince McMahon because of one reason: Money. Wrestling is almost always a sure fire way to make money and cultivate a stable viewing audience on any network. Pro Wrestling was one of the first stable broadcasts in TV history. It was cheap to produce and people watched it in droves. It literally kept the DuPont Network alive for five years. When people are watching wrestling, they’re not watching steaming piles of dog-____ like Nancy Grace, Geraldo Rivera, Al Franken or Bill O’Reilly. So the best thing to do is demonize wrestling and make people who watch it feel stupid for watching it. That way, they’ll come and watch them. Don’t ever expect the media to ever give McMahon a get out of jail free card based on money interests alone, Especially Ted Turner-owned CNN.

We get all of this insanity and more. All thanks to Chris Benoit. I’ll have more to say eventually, when I’m a little less ticked off.

NOTE: The views expressed in this column are not the views of WrestleView.com and its immediate staff.

source:http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1183089529.shtml

I have been saying that this whole investigation is very bad. I don't like ballard and It's obvious he doesn't like WWE. Also another thing I don't understand is why would benoit send a text of his address to Chavo and Jonny Ace, head of talent relations, wouldn't they already know this? I mean Chavo said he spent the last the night at his house and the last night with Chris.

EDIT : I had to add this once I saw it. I'm not very happy with this.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/bodaciousbob2755/TASTELESS1.jpg

I PhAsE I
07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
I was pretty shocked when i heard about it when i was randomly searching through channels

ruff
07-01-2007, 01:34 PM
RIP Chris Benoit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=78wdkk-VuXc

:(

Bombstriker
07-04-2007, 06:20 AM
I have watched wrestling pretty much all of my life and i have stuck with it and have been involved when this all went down. It truly was a horrific experience and I just feel so sorry for Nancy and Danial. I have to say I was never a big fan of Benoit, but he did what he had to do in the ring. Outside of the ring no one knew anything about him and aparently some people should have. He is a horrible person for what he done, well, horrible might be too light of a word, he is much worse than that. He took the life of his son and his own wife! The man clearly had issues and it just a sad time in the wrestling world.

Smokez
07-17-2007, 07:46 PM
The results are in for the Benoit family toxicology reports.

Kriss Sperry - Georgia Chief Medical Examiner gave the details - here they are:

Nancy Benoit had 3 different drugs in her system at the time of death. Hydrocodone (also known as Mortab, Morset) were found at 120 micrograms per liter. Hydromorphone, directly from the brakedown of the hydrocodone, was also found. Finally, the anti-anxiety drug Xanex wss present at 23 micrograms per liter. All 3 drugs were found at the theraputic level - not toxic levels. Her blood alcohol level was 0.184.

Daniel Benoit's blood tested positive for Xanex at 100 micrograms per liter, which is an elevated. What is interesting about this fact is that the drug Xanex was not prescribed to Daniel and is typically not prescribed to children. Based upon this finding, it is their opinion that Daniel was sedated by Xanex at the time of his murder.

Chris Benoit tested positive for Xanex at 50 micrograms per liter. He also tested positive for Hydrocodone at 45 micrograms per liter. Both of these drugs were within the theraputic range and not toxic.

As far as steroids ..... Chris Benoit's urine tested positive for the steroid testosterone at 207 micrograms per liter. The elevated level of testosterone in his urine were the ONLY "steroids" present in Chris Benoit. The medical examiner concluded that there is no way of telling whether Benoit's elevated testosterone was a result of recent steroid use. He called it a "mystery" - but said that Benoit may have been treated for a testosterone deficiency.

The drug GHB was not found in any 3 of the individuals.

No way to tell whether the drugs in Benoit's system had any affect on his behavior that weekend. The drugs found in all 3 bodies were at therapeutic - NOT toxic levels. The medical examiner also said that the decomposition of the bodies may have affected the level of alcohol in Nancy's body.

Looks like people were right to say he wasn't on them. I really wanna hear what Nancy Grace is gonna say now that there is no evidence of Roids.

Tron
07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
what a great article to say the least...(Smokez)

that guy had it right...

and To the mainstream media, apparently nothing screams credibility like getting slammed in the butt by X-Pac.

is probably the funniest thing i have heard in a long time.

Rocket
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Looks like people were right to say he wasn't on them. I really wanna hear what Nancy Grace is gonna say now that there is no evidence of Roids.

Nice find Smokez...I, I don't know anymore man. Between this and the Pitbull issue, I don't know. What ever it was that caused this is truly out there, whether or not we will ever know is uncertain...

What I know is this, he was a great wrestler, he did amazing things for the business, but irregardless of that, he committed murder...

On another note, did you see the news last week with .... I can't remember his name, but a guy who died from roids, his wife was on the news or something...talking about placing blame on that doctor who prescribed the roids....

J Lo
07-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I think a bunch of people owe me and Smokez and apology. :p

Bombstriker
07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
No clue, he must have just been mentally unstable or something..... this is a complete mystery now.

J Lo
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
No clue, he must have just been mentally unstable or something..... this is a complete mystery now.

His depression built up so much to the point of where he snapped and did what he did.

XxLUC41xX
07-18-2007, 02:10 AM
thats horrible we watch wrestlng three times a week and they said mr macman died but he didnt

J Lo
07-18-2007, 02:15 AM
thats horrible we watch wrestlng three times a week and they said mr macman died but he didnt

Didn't you get banned before for spamming?

Rocket
07-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Didn't you get banned before for spamming?

Who knows...he told me he knows L3gion...he's a cool guy I suppose...only played one match of Street Fighter with him and added him to my friends list...

Back on topic here...as for an apology goes...I can say I didn't bash you guys...but a lot of people did...giving you guys guff because you guys still have respect for him, which is okay, it's your opinion...so on behalf of all the people that did that, I apologize for them as they were simply voicing their opinions and got carried away (I hope anyway)...

MangeM
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
What annoys me about this whole media frenzy is "steroids, steroids, steroids and did I mention steroids"?
Nothing else, steroids has to be the key (despite the fact that half the business used/uses them and don't go killing their family).
Even now they're still on the same topic, "We can't prove it but everyone knows it was steroids"...

Has any journalist looked up the possible side effects of Xanax, a drug commonly used by millions of people?
Does any of them realise that these side effects could actually worsen a depression in the inital stages of medication?
All anti-anxiety medication can encourage suicidal thoughts and/or episodes of euphoria (mania), it might not be a common side effect but it exists.

That begs the question, IF a commonly prescribed type of medication (used by millions of people around the world) could be in any way responsible, would Chris Benoit still be the beast he's become in the media?
I'm not in any way discounting the possiblility of steroids being the cause, then again I'm not discounting that "normal medication" could cuase a thing like this.
I would even go as far as saying that it's probably just as possible either way, no one of the above is more or less likely to be the cause, if any of them should be the cause of this tragic event.

But what if, take a second to consider, what if a priest who's never used violence in his life should do the same thing.
Let's also say that priest takes anti-anxiety medication, would the media have covered everything but the medication then too?
And can we really deem a person completely responsible for their actions, should their actions be a consequence of medication?

Thrak360
07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I think a bunch of people owe me and Smokez and apology. :p
What vindication is there for you two? Chris Benoit had a mix of drugs in his sytem, for pain relief and anti-anxiety. And he had elevated testoterone levels too, ten times normal, indicating that he had been taking that steroid.

The media is way too hung up on the whole idea of 'roid rage. I don't think we'll never know enough to be able to blame the murders on any of these drugs, steroids, or the combination of them. This may be a case that you never get a clear idea of why it happened, because we can't know what Chris' mental state was, what was going on in his head that weekend, and if the drugs affected him somehow.

Bottom-line, he still murdered his family. If you had lost respect for him before, this toxicology report does nothing to change that opinion.

Minty
07-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Bottom-line, he still murdered his family. If you had lost respect for him before, this toxicology report does nothing to change that opinion.

In fact, it gives one less thing to blame it on, other than the fact that hes nothing more than a murdering piece of scum. He wasnt on a drugs frenzy, hes was just a bastard

SegaSaturnSNK
07-19-2007, 02:06 AM
In fact, it gives one less thing to blame it on, other than the fact that hes nothing more than a murdering piece of scum. He wasnt on a drugs frenzy, hes was just a bastard

Or maybe he was bored? Who knows.

Guamon
07-19-2007, 02:54 AM
I remember watching him wrestle in wrestlemania and then winning the world heavy weight championship. I never knew he would do somthing like this :(.

Smokez
07-19-2007, 04:01 AM
What vindication is there for you two? Chris Benoit had a mix of drugs in his sytem, for pain relief and anti-anxiety. And he had elevated testoterone levels too, ten times normal, indicating that he had been taking that steroid.

The media is way too hung up on the whole idea of 'roid rage. I don't think we'll never know enough to be able to blame the murders on any of these drugs, steroids, or the combination of them. This may be a case that you never get a clear idea of why it happened, because we can't know what Chris' mental state was, what was going on in his head that weekend, and if the drugs affected him somehow.

Where do you get 10 times? If that was the case then he woulda been on roids but its not. His levels were only in his urine and those weren't even high enough. It was said on ESPN by the Doctor who did the Autopsy that it's a mystery and that his levels were what they were because of low testoteron levels

Thrak360
07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Where do you get 10 times? If that was the case then he woulda been on roids but its not. His levels were only in his urine and those weren't even high enough. It was said on ESPN by the Doctor who did the Autopsy that it's a mystery and that his levels were what they were because of low testoteron levels
He did have steroids in his sytem. That's a fact. Was it being injected to treat testosterone deficiency, or as a performance enhancer? We don't know. But he did have an elevated level of that steroid. As others have said, you'll never get a consensus from experts on whether steroids contributed to his actions. All we can say for sure is that he had taken steroids and drugs not long before murdering his wife and son.

http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSN1724458420070717

Steroid found in body of dead wrestler Benoit

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:39PM EDT

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Professional wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his wife and son before hanging himself, injected steroids not long before he died and his son had been sedated, a medical examiner said on Tuesday.

Nicknamed "The Rabid Wolverine" and "The Canadian Crippler," Benoit, 40, was found dead with his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, on June 25 in their suburban Atlanta home. Police labeled the deaths a murder-suicide.

Dr. Kris Sperry, Georgia's chief medical examiner, said toxicology tests found drugs in all three Benoits -- notably, elevated levels of steroid testosterone in Chris Benoit and the anxiety drug Xanax in his 7-year-old son, Daniel, an indication that he was sedated before he was killed.

Investigators said they could not conclude from test results that steroids contributed to the deaths.

There has been speculation that the murder-suicide by a bulked-up professional wrestler might be a case of "roid rage," a theory that steroid users can become uncontrollably violent.

Investigators said they found anabolic steroids among prescription drugs in Benoit's house and would try to determine if they played a role in the deaths. Testosterone can be used by athletes to improve performance and is considered a form of doping in some sports.

World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., Benoit's employer, said after his death that Benoit had passed a random drug test in April.

The testosterone in Benoit's urine, about 10 times the normal level, indicated that he had injected the steroid within a "reasonably short period of time" before he died, but Sperry said he could not draw any conclusions from that evidence.

The elevated level "is an indicator that he had been injecting testosterone, but how much, how frequently, how often and for how long is something that cannot be answered through this," he said.

Sperry said the results don't shed light on what happened in the Benoit house and there was conflicting scientific data on whether steroids spark rage.

"This is a question that basically no one knows the answer to," he said.

Traces of hydrocodone, a pain reliever, and Xanax, a drug used to treat anxiety and panic disorders, were also found in Benoit's body at levels considered normal for therapeutic use. No other steroids were found.

Xanax and hydrocodone at therapeutic levels were also found in Nancy Benoit's body, which had started decomposing when it was found.

Police said Benoit first killed his wife, who died of asphyxiation. Daniel was apparently killed as he lay in bed, hours before Benoit hung himself with a cord on his weight machine.

shadow sniper
07-20-2007, 01:26 AM
now that they have found the steroids in him and i think the testoteron levels where 95 to 1 or something like that,everyone can stop saying it wasnt steroids.lance strom was on off the record today(canadain sports talk show)and sayed that chris was on steroids for years.so 4 everyone that sayed he was not on the roids you dont know how the wwe/wwf works sorry but you dont.He could have never made it in the wwe or wwf what ever you wanna call it because HE WAS TO SMALL!

Bombstriker
07-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Man no one likes Lance, he is always talking shit bout WWE. He is just pissed that he couldn't cut it and had NO CHARISMA!

shadow sniper
07-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Man no one likes Lance, he is always talking shit bout WWE. He is just pissed that he couldn't cut it and had NO CHARISMA!

HAHAHA thats ture but its nice that someone is telling the world about what is really going on in the wwe.....not that anyone really cares about the great "wwe" its only when someone dies that people talk about it.

Adebisi 187
07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not going to sort through all this stuff since i've talked about it on various boards, but for whoever mentioned they found steroids in him, thats complete bull. If you read the toxicity report it claimed "- There were NO anabolic steroids (http://rajah.com/base/node/8566#) found in Chris Benoit. He had elevated testosterone levels but that could be a result of many things. There was NO ROID RAGE.". Furthermore for people who are actually into the subject, there is no proven evidence that roid rage actually exists. Yes, i go to med school and care more about the subject than i do about video games. Everyone that points their finger at roid rage knows absolutely nothing about the topic and just likes to agree with the media. I remember one reporter saying "Chris Benoit may have been angry due to beng demoted from Four Horseman to raw". Please, the news just loves to get attention. Furthermore on the news they had the nerve to put Mike Awesome on the list of people who died and "most likely linked to steroids". The guy hung and killed himself because he wife divorced him and took almost everything he had while he was in jail over "pushing her". Its just sad.

As far as steroids ..... Chris Benoit's urine tested positive for the "steroid" testosterone (http://rajah.com/base/node/8566#) at 207 micrograms per liter. The elevated level of testosterone his urine were the ONLY "steroids" present in Chris Benoit. No anabolic steroids were found. Likewise as previously stated those people who claim roid rage exists say its due to anabolic steroids. As many people are aware steroids can actually be helpful to the body (Corticosteroids), in which he obviously needed due to his levels being insanely low previously.

Dont get me wrong, anabolic steroids are in no way good for your body unless you have aid's and need to build lean muscle mass, but his death was not due to steroids. As far as we are concerned it's an issue that nobody will ever know and thats as far as it will go.

Adebisi 187
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
And thats complete bull he could of never made it in the company without steroids. Chris Benoit was the hardest working person at the company when it came to working out and putting everything on the line in the ring risking injury. Sniper, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about.

Anyway its sad i just started watching wrestling again after this terrible event, as i used to go to wrestling events and fan fair's all the time as a kid (my parents had a lot of friends that worked at the wwf). Ironically the idiotic gimmick with vince mcmahon was going on at the time and i cant recall how many times i drove past the wwe building in stamford ct close to my house and seeing them promote it with flags and such. Obviously this has showed them some things, although i dont believe it needs to go as far as vince banning any choke related move from wrestling (as he just claimed).

shadow sniper
07-25-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm not going to sort through all this stuff since i've talked about it on various boards, but for whoever mentioned they found steroids in him, thats complete bull. If you read the toxicity report it claimed "- There were NO anabolic steroids (http://rajah.com/base/node/8566#) found in Chris Benoit. He had elevated testosterone levels but that could be a result of many things. There was NO ROID RAGE.". Furthermore for people who are actually into the subject, there is no proven evidence that roid rage actually exists. Yes, i go to med school and care more about the subject than i do about video games. Everyone that points their finger at roid rage knows absolutely nothing about the topic and just likes to agree with the media. I remember one reporter saying "Chris Benoit may have been angry due to beng demoted from Four Horseman to raw". Please, the news just loves to get attention. Furthermore on the news they had the nerve to put Mike Awesome on the list of people who died and "most likely linked to steroids". The guy hung and killed himself because he wife divorced him and took almost everything he had while he was in jail over "pushing her". Its just sad.

As far as steroids ..... Chris Benoit's urine tested positive for the "steroid" testosterone (http://rajah.com/base/node/8566#) at 207 micrograms per liter. The elevated level of testosterone his urine were the ONLY "steroids" present in Chris Benoit. No anabolic steroids were found. Likewise as previously stated those people who claim roid rage exists say its due to anabolic steroids. As many people are aware steroids can actually be helpful to the body (Corticosteroids), in which he obviously needed due to his levels being insanely low previously.

Dont get me wrong, anabolic steroids are in no way good for your body unless you have aid's and need to build lean muscle mass, but his death was not due to steroids. As far as we are concerned it's an issue that nobody will ever know and thats as far as it will go.

your Naive if you think he wasnt steroids

Adebisi 187
07-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Obviously you didn't read one word i typed out. He wasnt on ANABOLIC STEROIDS. Anabolic steroids are completely different than Cortico which were used and found in his system most likely to treat the testosterone definiciency he did in fact have from PREVIOUSLY taking steroids in high doses.

In other words, that means no, he wasn't on the "bad steroids" you think he was on at the time of his death. Usually when you take steroids, you take them in cycle's and if you want to learn about that then go to a bodybuilding.com forum.

BackerMan
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Here's update about Chris Benoit. His diary shows signs Of depression, and dementia...

Channel 2 Action News has learned exclusive details of the entries in wrestler Chris Benoit's diary.

His father's attorney believes the wrestler's writings show signs of dementia and depression years before Benoit killed his wife, child and himself.

The photocopied first page of the diary is inscribed, 'To Christopher from Nancy,' with the date November 25, 2005.

All the handwritten entries are addressed to Eddie Guerrero, a close wrestling friend of Benoit's, who died in 2005 of an enlarged heart.

"He was upset, very upset, about Eddie's death. He says in a number of places how much he loved Eddie and what dear friends they were. He also says at one point that, 'I will be with you soon,' so it appears as though he was having some thoughts about his own mortality," said Carry Ichter, Benoit's father's attorney.

The entries also speak of Benoit's love and admiration for his wife, Nancy, and son, Daniel -- both of whom he killed in the weekend of June 22.

He spoke of the exhaustion, drudgery and loneliness of the road, but did not describe abusing drugs.

"It's plain that he was depressed. It's plain that he was beginning to exhibit some of the signs of the dementia that's associated with the brain injuries he sustained because he talks in there about not being able to remember things," said Ichter. "Chris, at the end had become intensely paranoid, to the point that he would not take the same route to the airport on a consistent basis, to the point that he would not allow the family outside of the house."

The diary was found in the trash outside Benoit's Fayetteville home shortly after the deaths.

Ichter, who has known Benoit for years, is now representing his father in the legal process which will decide who is heir to Benoit's multi-million dollar estate -- his children from a prior marriage or the family of his wife, Nancy. They left no will.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14109745/detail.html

Nick G 42390
09-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Ya I read that diary thing earlier today. This whole Chris Benoit situation is just sad in many ways. Obviously Eddie's death destroyed Benoit more than anyone knew. Him and Eddie were best friend. The man use to stay the night at Benoit's house, I mean, how many 40 year old men do you know that have sleep overs? These 2 were great great friends and when Eddie died I think part of Benoit also died. I really hope there ends up being some explanation to what happened. As for everyone bashing Benoit and saying everything about his legacy, I agree with J Lo when he says this isn't taking anythign away from my view of Benoit as a WRESTLER. Now, as a man? Yes, in my eyes he's a pathetic coward and a sad excuse of a man. But, as a wrestler, he is still one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, no question about it.

BackerMan
09-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah I agree. I do believe as a wrestler, Chris Benoit is still one of the best technical wrestlers along with Bret Hart and Kurt Angle.

Shinsetsu
09-14-2007, 09:56 PM
He was one of my favorite all time wrestlers, when it happened I was in shock like the other. The man had problems, I hate how they are trying to blame the WHOLE thing on steriods, and cracking down on the WWE. I guess they can't just go with the obvious that Benoit had alot of problems, that had nothing to do with "roid rage".