PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the damn servers!?

CLOUD STR1FE
03-19-2011, 02:22 AM
The servers are dedicated and worse than cod or halo... umm what the fuck? You would think they would release the game with enough servers on launch day.

C0B WILDCHILD
03-19-2011, 02:46 AM
You know everyone is complaining about these servers and act like this is the first time this has ever happened. Might I remind everyone that Black Ops had just as much if not more problems during its initial launch. Maybe this problem is just magnified due to people finding the overall experience lackluster but everyone needs to just relax and give the developers some time to work through this. In all fairness this is the first time to my knowledge xbox players have had dedicated servers to play on so their is bound to be some hiccups regardless of how prepared THQ was.

Personally other than having problems joining games with large parties I haven't really experienced any problems other than some mild lag during a couple of games. Of course anyone who plays games online should be use to the occasional lag. So I mean come on why should this game get so much hate for that.

P.S. I don't mean to be calling you out (CLOUD STR1FE). I've just seen enough of these post's that I figured I'd finally include my 2 cents.

Black Watch
03-19-2011, 02:50 AM
In all fairness this is the first time to my knowledge xbox players have had dedicated servers to play on

Both Bad Company's on the 360 use servers, and Modern Combat if I remember correctly.

AmbaLaBamba
03-19-2011, 03:00 AM
There is a slight problem, that's all you really need to know. I just sighed and went to play the single player again to mop up some more achievements, relax and just wait it out. Everyone is in the same boat until it gets sorted.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-19-2011, 03:12 AM
i dont have any sympathy for someone who doesnt realise by now that most servers will be dodgy on the first week of release for a new / highly anticipated game .... play singleplayer or play another game.

CLOUD STR1FE
03-19-2011, 03:52 AM
You know everyone is complaining about these servers and act like this is the first time this has ever happened. Might I remind everyone that Black Ops had just as much if not more problems during its initial launch. Maybe this problem is just magnified due to people finding the overall experience lackluster but everyone needs to just relax and give the developers some time to work through this. In all fairness this is the first time to my knowledge xbox players have had dedicated servers to play on so their is bound to be some hiccups regardless of how prepared THQ was.

Personally other than having problems joining games with large parties I haven't really experienced any problems other than some mild lag during a couple of games. Of course anyone who plays games online should be use to the occasional lag. So I mean come on why should this game get so much hate for that.

P.S. I don't mean to be calling you out (CLOUD STR1FE). I've just seen enough of these post's that I figured I'd finally include my 2 cents.

I don't hate this game at all. In fact its my favorite online game at the moment. Battlefield has always used dedicated servers. I've never experienced a problem with any battlefield ive ever played. I'm not asking for sympathy. But knowing that the game was so anticipated they should have better prepared themselves. I'm willing to stick it out until things clear up but I know a few people that were very disappointment and don't want to play the game anymore. Personally there is something about the game I love and I don't know what it is.

The only issues I have with the game are these 3 things :
1. No destructable environments.
2. Lack of control choices. Button wise.
3. Server issues which will eventually be fixed.