[SPOILERS]Regarding the Ending

Strider16

The cut scene with the seeker and Varric, when she walks out to the other lass, was there something I missed? I have a feeling there hinting the Champion down? Who are these ladies? Was I meant to get it or something?

Was a while ago since I played Origins so characters seem new to me.

Yeah she was a missable companion in Origins. You meet her in the tavern in Lothering. Here is some info on her if you're interested. It might help you make sense of some of the story that you were confused on. It is also a great site that can help with most aspects of this game.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana

That red head was Leliana. She is "the left hand" of the Divine (as mentioned in the game). The Chantry is trying to piece together the order of Thedas because the Circle is pretty much gone and the Templars are in disarray. They are hunting down the Champion because they want him/her to try and unite all this madness and get things back to normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect something that has to do with Flemeth will be a big part of the story in the future. She played a huge role in both the Warden and the Champion's adventures, but she was only present for a small time during each game and then was later forgotten, but she was the absolute driving force for both aforementioned characters' triumphs! They both would have died without her help, which leads me to believe she is using them or playing events from behind the scenes. Seems sinister to me.

Is it fate, or chance? I can never decide.

I suspect something that has to do with Flemeth will be a big part of the story in the future. She played a huge role in both the Warden and the Champion's adventures, but she was only present for a small time during each game and then was later forgotten, but she was the absolute driving force for both aforementioned characters' triumphs! They both would have died without her help, which leads me to believe she is using them or playing events from behind the scenes. Seems sinister to me.

Is it fate, or chance? I can never decide.

Yes, i was thinking of something similar to this, regarding Flemeth. Seeing Leliana was nice as well, but i was surprised to see her joining The Seekers.

Another matter is if we'll see more of Feynriel with the Tevinter mages.

Edited by Vindicator51

You may have forgotten: after DA2 about a minimum of 6 years have passed since the events in DA1. [not to mention, who knows how many years it's been since Varric told the DA2 story]

Seems like they're setting things up for Morrigan's kid. Goes without saying, Flemmeth will no doubt return.

Seems difficult in DA3, though. You have a few issues:

Wardens [hunting morrigan/kid?]

Templars / Circle and your decision

The Qunari

The folks from Tervinter [i say this because in DA1 Kirkwall was mentioned heavily, and Rervinter was in DA2, so I assume they'll play a part in the whole mess]

Flemmeth's true goals.

The Dalish

The Chantry [possible conflict with the Dalish, and others?]

Zeveran [please, oh please go badass like Drizzt Do'Urden]

Alistair

The Dwarves [which you made king (DA1) if you saved the last remaining one (DA2)]

Werewolves [do they come back, have you really saved them all? Was the DA2 bit only a cameo even though you cured the ones you encountered in DA1?]

Seems all a bit messy with the choices one could make; and will either have to be an incredibly detailed, multi-pathed game, or be another DA2--dumbed down, with a washed story which is almost completely separate than the previous incarnations of the DA universe, and only show minor segments of your previous choices as small reflections upon the world (which can be an issue with a continued game with a tell your own story theme).

I'm also convinced Morrigan and whatever she was or wasn't carrying will play a big part in DA3. I certainly hope she does anyway. One of the most interesting characters in the series and the fact they made witch hunt and she is mentioned by Flemeth hopefully indicates she has a big role to play.

Do you think we'll play as the champion again? Would be interesting if they could find a way have both your champion and your Hero of Ferelden in the same party. Not sure it would be possible though since some people will have gone down the ultimate sacrifice route in DA:O.

I think before DA3 there will be an expansion but i how would they piece together if you team up with the Hero of Ferelden or something with Morrigan's Child if the Hero dies and you haven't done the Ritual in Origins? Why give a choice if you forcefully implement it later then? I just don't see that coming...but lets see what comes i will buy it anyway :Bounce:

Well keep in mind too.. they can't just bring the Warden back later.. depending on your import/character setup, there IS no warden anymore.

Unless they go with a "This is the cannon choice that we are going with for a future game".

On my second playthrough, I went with the premade of the Warden did the finishing blow and made Alistair King.. so they cannot really just bring that back unless they retcon some of the choices.

Well keep in mind too.. they can't just bring the Warden back later.. depending on your import/character setup, there IS no warden anymore.

Unless they go with a "This is the cannon choice that we are going with for a future game".

On my second playthrough, I went with the premade of the Warden did the finishing blow and made Alistair King.. so they cannot really just bring that back unless they retcon some of the choices.

Yeah. I guess if your warden did the dark ritual he could come into it in a side quest but there could be no way to incorporate them into the main quest. Could it be possible to have them as an optional companion though? It's all so intriguing. Can't wait to see what they do.

Well, playing total devil's advocate here...

Clearly the most interesting ending to DA:O, if they make DA3 would have been The Dark Ritual. But, say you went the ultimate sacrifice route. That would leave you with either Alistair or Logahn (or both) still alive and at least one of them a warden.

My prediction is for DA3 that the Champion of Kirkwall will meet up with the Wardens. Who "the Wardens" consists of will depend heavily on your DA:O choices. You will then have the option of joining the Wardens as the Champion. If you have your Warden from DA:O you can then play as him/her or the Champion. Maybe even keep them both? If your Warden is dead, you play as the new Champion/Warden.

But again, total speculation and just my personal opinion on how it should play out.

I'd be pretty happy if, over the next few years or so, Bioware two more Dragon Ages with new characters each time, so by the end I have four characters saved. Then they can do the 'Ultimate' Dragon Age, in which my party consists of the four characters I've created and all the decisions they've made.

Like Icewind Dale, only each character gets an entire game dedicated to them first.