PDA

View Full Version : Disenchant %

kandykidzero
03-19-2011, 06:34 PM
When using the guy in town, my friends and I have seemed to notice that even though it says "2% chance to disenchant" anytime we have tried to enchant Uniques more than once it will Disenchant it.

Is there something seriously wrong with these percentages? It even seems that if you try to enchant a Blue or Green past 10% chance it is more like a 70% chance it will be disenchanted.

Does the rarity of the Item add an additional modifier to disenchant?

Rebelcows
03-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you are just unlucky. No problems here. Its rare that I get a disenchantment on anything under 20% no matter the rarity.

Soltair0108
03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
I have had off and on disenchants. At low percents, and then I have had times where it's like Rebelcows says.

Wardancer
03-20-2011, 12:06 PM
To me it also seemed like the disenchant happens more often than the percentage would indicate. But then I always manage to beat impossible odds when the outcome is bad :D

DarkCrown
03-20-2011, 01:18 PM
at least we can dashboard quit to reverse the process (thank for that). I'm currently have my armor and 2 weapons at 26-28% of enchantments , once I successfully an enchant I warp back to save , then I come back to try to enchant again. Each enchant is stressful you never know if it will work :D

kandykidzero
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
That exploit is there, but going to dashboard and then having to reload the game is kind of annoying. You shouldn't have to worry about something until you get it up to 20%+

13ip0lar
03-20-2011, 08:08 PM
at least we can dashboard quit to reverse the process (thank for that). I'm currently have my armor and 2 weapons at 26-28% of enchantments , once I successfully an enchant I warp back to save , then I come back to try to enchant again. Each enchant is stressful you never know if it will work :D

That exploit is there, but going to dashboard and then having to reload the game is kind of annoying. You shouldn't have to worry about something until you get it up to 20%+

I agree. I am usually not a fan of exploiting or boosting but in this game what does it hurt? It is single player and it's not like it is hurting anyone. With that said I never cheat in anything, just personal preference. However, I found it ridiculously hard to get gold in this game, and then with the high cost of enchanting lead me to dashboard chanting and vendor scrolling for money. If they really wanted to fix the leaderboard just take gold out of the equation problem solved. Anyways I really can't wait for Torchlight II and co-op, that imo will be loads of fun. It's just this game got boring faster than I expected. Got 200/200 though :s

DarkCrown
03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah I agree 13ip0lar , it don't hurt . I've complete most of the main quest before starting to duplicate gold and start enchanting like crazy.

tygloalex
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
You don't have to wait for Torchlight 2 for co-op, Arkadian Warriors is just about the exact same game, co-op and I think 400 points.

miedzianek
03-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Ive got 20 enchants on one purple,and still getting more,no problems,just luck;D

Talos26
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
You don't have to wait for Torchlight 2 for co-op, Arkadian Warriors is just about the exact same game, co-op and I think 400 points.

I've played Arkadian Warriors, and Torchlight blows it out of the water.