PDA

View Full Version : Is this game any good?

CanIHazYourSoul
03-20-2011, 09:40 AM
I was thinking of buying this game but is it any good?

TurboDonkey007
03-20-2011, 09:43 AM
its decent but nothing special

farawayhats
03-20-2011, 09:46 AM
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Rent it. The single player took me about 4 hours to complete.

KookieMnster
03-20-2011, 09:59 AM
The online has most definitely replaced Black Ops for me. Give it a couple weeks to work out the kinks in the servers and it'll be great. I do feel a little ripped off with the campaign. The story is great, but it was way too short and felt like only the beginning to what could have been a very intense struggle to maybe actually..I don't know..get those damn Koreans out of our country.

KookieMnster
03-20-2011, 10:00 AM
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Rent it. The single player took me about 4 hours to complete.

If you rent it, you will not be able to progress past level five in the online section. This game comes with an online pass code and you're only gonna get a code from a rental if you're extremely lucky at Blockbuster. Worth buying, just wait a while.

fastNcurious
03-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I was thinking of buying this game but is it any good?

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're just interested in the campaign, I suggest you either rent it or wait for a sale. As you've probably heard, campaign seems a bit short timewise. I personally had fun, and loved the new environment/world that they have created for this game.

If you're into multiplayer, then it's worthwhile to buy it. I am enjoying the multiplayer immensely. The controls are responsive so you can easily run and gun like in CoD games. The maps are large and well-designed so that you can also snipe if you're so inclined. What I like about the maps and the gameplay is that even if people are sniping, you know where they are and there are ways to avoid them, even flank them.

In BFBC2 (a game I like), sometimes you have no clue where the sniper is and if they've got snipers covering every pathway, you will die no matter what (I either snipe back or quit out of those games). Not so here. Even with the ability to go prone, you can easily spot snipers and easily take revenge on them.

Plus, the vehicles and drones add variety to the gameplay. I spent most of today just driving around in drones, killing people remotely. Lol.

CanIHazYourSoul
03-20-2011, 10:45 AM
I hate how they do these online pass things now. Ill probably buy it i just hope the multiplayer doesnt die by the time i get it

ConfusedGeek
03-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I hate how they do these online pass things now. Ill probably buy it i just hope the multiplayer doesnt die by the time i get it

Online pass is a way for them to get money from those who rent their games. Wave of the future, thanks ea.

Knowing what I know now, i would rent and buy the pass.

Bajan Elite
03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
If you got a bunch of games you no longer want, trade in and buy, thats what i did, i paid $23.00 for it at gamestop. Anyway SP was fun, could have been a lot better, MP is were its at. If you are looking for a backup shooter, for when you can't stand to play COD or Halo or BFBC2 or whatever shooter you play religously then this game is a good choice to play. Unless you were really impressed with the crysis 2 demo.

Spanish Assault
03-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're just interested in the campaign, I suggest you either rent it or wait for a sale. As you've probably heard, campaign seems a bit short timewise. I personally had fun, and loved the new environment/world that they have created for this game.

If you're into multiplayer, then it's worthwhile to buy it. I am enjoying the multiplayer immensely. The controls are responsive so you can easily run and gun like in CoD games. The maps are large and well-designed so that you can also snipe if you're so inclined. What I like about the maps and the gameplay is that even if people are sniping, you know where they are and there are ways to avoid them, even flank them.

In BFBC2 (a game I like), sometimes you have no clue where the sniper is and if they've got snipers covering every pathway, you will die no matter what (I either snipe back or quit out of those games). Not so here. Even with the ability to go prone, you can easily spot snipers and easily take revenge on them.

Plus, the vehicles and drones add variety to the gameplay. I spent most of today just driving around in drones, killing people remotely. Lol.
best response on this thread...if you just play campaign then rent. Otherwise MP is very addicting.

Dragonuk
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
No all i can say

zcandels97
03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Its pretty good single-player wise. I haven't played online yet (heard it was good though) but the campaign is ridiculously short. The whole game is 7 chapters but it offers some easy gamerscore if you're willing to play through it 2 or 3 times. The new setting was nice though compared to the usual "Russians/Middle Easterners build nukes, countries invade eachother, Americans win" type of storyline. Online looks like Black Ops (for gameplay and classes) mixed with Bad Co. 2 (For vehicles and attachments).
All in all, I'd say if you're going to play online, go for it. If you're going to play single player only rent the game or give it some time for the price to go down.

nappster187
03-20-2011, 11:11 PM
this game is sick.... the multiplayer is awesome, and the campaign is a great story...a little short but still.... get it if you play multiplayer, rent if you only want campaign, or wait for a sale.....

Spanish Assault
03-20-2011, 11:35 PM
No all i can say
wow...so many good points in one post...

I guess I better sell my copy then.

13ip0lar
03-21-2011, 06:32 PM
wow...so many good points in one post...

I guess I better sell my copy then.

I was tempted to report for spamming, but then realized it was a thread about your opinion of the game, so I guess that is sufficient in "retard world".

Anyways I will admit I enjoyed this game at the start and it quickly turned to hate. Then I began to play with friends, and the servers started to cooperate more and I thoroughly enjoyed myself once more. That said I've said it in another thread, that this game is tactical, and not in the traditional sense. People usually assume tactical means realistic and in this case it means more precision is required than anything else. So far everyone I know likes it, they aren't shouting from the rooftops at how great it is, but they definitely enjoy not having to play ring-around the rosie on CoD:BO's small maps.

Keeping everything I said in mind, with price adjustments, selling of the avatar codes, and even if you wanna tack on the $10 credit I got for preordering. This game cost me between $20-$30, and seeing as I could sell it for that much down the road... I'm not complaining

ShaolinShadow
03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Is it good yes story and single player wise, Graphic and sound wise its a down grade from what we been seeing in alot of shooters lately, Mp is fun and addicting sadly to say its on the Willy Wonka side, you cannot seem to get into a game with a party either that the servers go whacky on you, If you can look past all this and hope a patch will come make this a purchase, I made it a gfly rental do to the fact that crysis 2 is coming out and I was really unsure especially at the begining with all the negativity about how short the camp was and how bad a few people have said the mp was which is not true at all..............

Hope this helps