PDA

View Full Version : Japan's Nuclear Power Plant

xhunterrrr
03-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Anyone else notice the newspaper article (last one on Chapter 1) mentions the destruction of Japan's largest nuclear power plant and the fallout from it? Anyone make a connection between that and the current events in Japan following the tsunami? Very strange...

tripleb2k
03-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Japan's had a history of Nuclear Power Plant problems.
I didn't see the article in the game. Did you catch a date attached too it?
Interesting find though!

xhunterrrr
03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I think it was like 2017 or 2018 maybe? I don't remember the exact date. I just thought it was was strange to read that in a game that was released right before something similar actually occurred!

Lone Soldier x7
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah I noticed this to, there was another article in chapter 4 that said something about Korea planted C4 on one of the plants that started a nuclear meltdown in a week.

kak2sjak
03-20-2011, 04:53 PM
the thing that is really interesting about this game, is that the possibility of the events actually happening, is very real. Kim Jong-Un is already the next in line for nK so...yeah

ZedChuva
03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I agree kak.

Korea are getting stronger. Japan is frail right now. China is an increasing superpower. The US is falling apart.

I'm just glad Canada is always left out in these stories. Invasions by aliens or Foreign super powers, we're always left alone.

WHEW! :woop::p

Then again, when he wrote Red Dawn, that could have happened too.

13ip0lar
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I was about to say this has nothing to do with Homefront, till I started to read. I didn't realize this is in the campaign lol. In relation to the topic, we touched on this briefly and by that I mean in no great detail what so ever. With that in mind it seems, that Japan has the "That will never happen" attitude towards nuclear power plants, and thus when emergencies come up they are ill prepared. It's ironic because they are perhaps on of the best prepared/equipped for earthquakes. Just proves pride can be a national mindset, and flaw.

Venomized
03-20-2011, 07:19 PM
We should attack Korea based off a video game before it is too late!

sarcasm

13ip0lar
03-20-2011, 07:25 PM
We should attack Korea based off a video game before it is too late!

You remember when it was all over the news they were testing missiles and one literally went a few miles and fell into the ocean? Yeah... I'm scared of missiles they would have to load into an enormously large slingshot and hurl at us in hopes they would make it to land and hit something of value. North Korea is a joke.

zcandels97
03-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah I remember seeing that. I didn't think too much into it though since only in the last 10 or 20 years nuclear power plants are becoming more stable, and even then the chances of meltdowns during disasters are pretty high

StayonTarget
03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree kak.

Korea are getting stronger. Japan is frail right now. China is an increasing superpower. The US is falling apart.

I'm just glad Canada is always left out in these stories. Invasions by aliens or Foreign super powers, we're always left alone.

Lol
Seriously, where the hell are you Canadians?!

Spanish Assault
03-20-2011, 11:40 PM
I agree kak.

There was a newspaper article in the game that said Canada closed it's borders to the US...bastards!!

You remember when it was all over the news they were testing missiles and one literally went a few miles and fell into the ocean? Yeah... I'm scared of missiles they would have to load into an enormously large slingshot and hurl at us in hopes they would make it to land and hit something of value. North Korea is a joke.

Honestly we should be scared of N. Korea....Kim Jong-Il is straight up crazy and he has those people brain washed.

kak2sjak
03-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Honestly we should be scared of N. Korea....Kim Jong-Il is straight up crazy and he has those people brain washed.[/QUOTE]

yes, he is an insane midget, but not really so much "brain washing" as much as "i have all of the country's food, and unless you do what i say, i won't give you any"...either way a bad situation all the way around

Stuck In Utero
03-21-2011, 12:56 AM
I noticed that too, I was thinking the same thing but its just gotta be coincidence

Dz06lt
03-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I remeber that one, a lot of the clippings were very telling

tripleb2k
03-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Lol
Seriously, where the hell are you Canadians?!

U.S. Annexed us in Fallout 3... so who knows what happened to us.

The rest of the time, we're just chilling, drinking beer.

loganm223
03-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Man us canadins just chill by then when a country falls bam we take over

numbers186
03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
just read the book that came out about a month before the game, it helps explain alot about what happened, and who the Voice of Freedom is.

Spanish Assault
03-21-2011, 02:12 PM
just read the book that came out about a month before the game, it helps explain alot about what happened, and who the Voice of Freedom is.
is the book any good?

xhunterrrr
03-21-2011, 02:51 PM
is the book any good?

I'm curious about that, too. Apparently Metro 2033 is a good book. And I read Fall of Reach and really enjoyed it. I love it when game books are good.

Spanish Assault
03-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm curious about that, too. Apparently Metro 2033 is a good book. And I read Fall of Reach and really enjoyed it. I love it when game books are good.
Most Halo books are well written.

Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone kno wthe name of the book based off this game. Had a hard time finding it.

13ip0lar
03-21-2011, 06:59 PM
All I'm going to say is this: Yes we owe a lot of people a lot of money. Where does all that money go though? Military projects, many known, some unknown. We are stationed on North Korea's proverbial ass, and if shit pops up will spring into action. While I'm weary of terrorists as they use guerrilla tactics and operate in non-conventional ways, I'm not worried about something like the North Korean Army. China maybe, they are starting to become a major player, and have a bazillion people. However, all I will say to that is overpopulation is their downfall. It's not hard to hit the side of the barn if you get my drift >_>

Uncle Cousin
03-30-2011, 07:10 AM
I'm guessing that Kaos needed to change the name of the Japanese reactor. Fukushima is one of the larger nuclear plants and when I first popped in the disk, it made me logout to download an update, which I thought was weird since the game was brand new. I'm guessing again that the update was to change the location of the meltdown in Japan to keep political fallout (har har har) low but still keep the basic storyline told through the newspaper clippings intact.

TriRock
03-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Now that Obama is opening a new front in Libya, maybe you should first finish one war before you start the next. Overstretching and all that.

xhunterrrr
03-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm guessing that Kaos needed to change the name of the Japanese reactor. Fukushima is one of the larger nuclear plants and when I first popped in the disk, it made me logout to download an update, which I thought was weird since the game was brand new. I'm guessing again that the update was to change the location of the meltdown in Japan to keep political fallout (har har har) low but still keep the basic storyline told through the newspaper clippings intact.

I highly doubt that was what the update was for.

Bounce Tacticz
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Yea, I'm pretty sure the update was an attempt at fixing a few of the many glitches that come along with this game.lol

Callum343
03-31-2011, 07:21 PM

Sorry to be off topic, but does anyone kno wthe name of the book based off this game. Had a hard time finding it.

The book is called the voice of freedom and in my opinion it is very good!

i NatrlKilla i
03-31-2011, 08:09 PM

If you're still looking:
Amazon.com: Homefront. John Milius, Raymond Benson (9780857682789): John Milius: Books