PDA

View Full Version : Exhiled Prince more screwed up than we think

shadowbringer6
03-22-2011, 12:36 AM
I just finished getting every crafting resource and the achievement did not unlock, I checked up on my crafting table and i had every resource available. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, or if anyone has had any problems with Dragon Ages achievements also not unlocking after downloading the exhiled prince.

Cryptic Shock
03-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I just finished getting every crafting resource and the achievement did not unlock, I checked up on my crafting table and i had every resource available. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, or if anyone has had any problems with Dragon Ages achievements also not unlocking after downloading the exhiled prince.

If you buy resources from The Black Emporium then the achievement will not unlock, just so that it does take some effort.
Quite a few bugs for achievements actually; 'Epic' achievment is glitched if you didn't import a save from DA:O, finding armour upgrades are bugged for certain characters (can be bypassed with other characters), etc.
You get the idea...the game came out yet it is so magestically bug-ridden that I find it hard to believe that there were any game testers.

Patch will obviously be in the works, but its the same as DA:O with the DLC being glitched from the beginning.

lordskorrkeeper
03-22-2011, 12:44 AM

anything you missed from act 1-2 will be in the Black Emporium but it is very expensive, if you have that check there could have just over looked 1 -2 resources as I did a certain quest did not appear for me for the male elf umm Fenris i think his name was. mine unlocked fine and had both dlc downloaded on release.

rawdeal42
03-22-2011, 12:45 AM
You realize you need every instance of each resource, not just enough to make each potion/poison/rune, right? So, all 9 Elfroot, all 6 Embrium, etc.

Tom Pladgett
Probably not related at all. I've had TEP downloaded since I began play, and got the Supplier achievement without any issues. While others have reported problems getting this particular cheevo to pop, there's no reason to believe that it's connected to the DLC in any way.

ramarcos
You have to collect all of them not just one. For example. You have to collect 9/9 Elfroot, not 1/9.

lordskorrkeeper
03-22-2011, 12:46 AM
If you buy resources from The Black Emporium then the achievement will not unlock, just so that it does take some effort.
Quite a few bugs for achievements actually; 'Epic' achievment is glitched if you didn't import a save from DA:O, finding armour upgrades are bugged for certain characters (can be bypassed with other characters), etc.
You get the idea...the game came out yet it is so magestically bug-ridden that I find it hard to believe that there were any game testers.

Patch will obviously be in the works, but its the same as DA:O with the DLC being glitched from the beginning.

I actually bought my last 2 missed resources in the Black Emporium and the Achievement unlocked for me.

Cryptic Shock
03-22-2011, 12:49 AM
I actually bought my last 2 missed resources in the Black Emporium and the Achievement unlocked for me.

I've got every resource and bought some, but didn't unlock for me. I believe it is a the discretion of luck whether it unlocks, but not much I can say...I had the resources before I downloaded the DLC so it's not DLC.

Saracin
03-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I got the achievement and for one I know you only need the common resources, not the rare single resources. Also I had 7 spindleweed, even though it says 6. Not sure if this is something from the Emporium or something else.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-23-2011, 05:16 AM
i also missed one spindleweed in act 2 so i bought it from the emporium... then continued the rest of the ingredients and it popped fine for me.

The Chook
03-23-2011, 12:24 PM

Not true. I bought two resources from the black emporium that I missed and I got the achievement on my 1st playthrough.

Rixiden
03-24-2011, 01:43 AM
think that it is completely luck based. i had all ingredients except one spindleweed at the end of act 3 and i bought that one peice and got the achv. yet even after telling that to others they still say that the achv wont pop for them. there has to be some sort of trigger for this!

BBowles
03-24-2011, 06:50 PM
I got all ingredients except for Ambrosia (yes, the ONLY one you can find) and the Elfroot/Spindleweed from the Black Emporium still triggered my achievement when purchased. So who knows how it's working....

justG0Twicked
04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Lots of people are having problems with the SupplieR cheevo. I finsihed my first playthru and it had still not popped, so once I was done, I hopped over to the Black Emporium, bought my 2 missed spindleweeds, and it popped - you might have to wait and buy everything you missed from the B.E. once the game has concluded. At least it worked for me.

maerads93
06-06-2011, 05:29 AM
From what I've read, it seems to be a hit and miss with this achievement and has nothing to do with the DLC. Sorry bud :(

bakeryfreshgame
06-13-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the reason why some people get it and some don't is that you have to buy them in the act you missed them in (or in the one immediately following, I can't remember for sure). There is a thread about it somewhere in the forums so I would do a search for it if you are truly interested. But I agree with the poster who said that it has nothing to do with the Prince DLC, that is total nonsense.

Jarlenn
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM
3rd run through if i dont get it this time >.<

maitai121
07-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Ive had a few issues with the achievements in the game. I just look up the specific achievement or restart a new game to get ones I missed in the earlier part of the game. Xbox is really slacking in their achievements. Fable 3 had about 5 achievements that didnt work for me or glitched that I had to redo over and over again. Its frustrating.

Mr Chr15topher
07-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I cant unlock the Sebastion friendship achievement. I have got all of the other Sebastian achievements, so I know they unlock, but I cant unlock this achievement with his friendship. I know he's my friend because I have his friend perk thing. Is this another glitch or does his friend metre have to be maxed out?

shinobigarth
08-15-2011, 05:13 AM
i cant even get his Act 2 quest to start. i go to the Chantry after his first quest and talk to him about going back to Starkhaven to kick some butt and all he does is whine about not wanting to do it. i reloaded several times trying different dialog choices. do you have to have high friendship with him to start it?

ObviousTemple
01-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Just a guess but you may have to do a quest or two to advance the plot. As for Mr. Christopher's question, yes you have to fully max out the friendship meter.

Eggnogga
07-29-2012, 01:41 AM
In regards to the 'Supplier' achievement and using the resources for sale in the 'Black Emporium': According to the DA2 wiki website, it appears that if you miss 1 ingredient in the game, you can buy an ingredient in the Black Emporium, and the achievement will unlock. The game just needs it to register you have 66 items. However, if you buy 2 items in the Black Emporium, the game only registers that as 1 item (for some weird-ass reason.)