PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a patch?

Mutlucus
03-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi, I'm just wondering if they will patch the Traitor's Keep DLC, because of the achievements glitching. I have not read anything about a patch yet, so I don't know if I should just play the DLC now or wait for a patch.

There is no point in waiting if a patch will never come. I have bought the DLC but it seems risky to play because I don't want to glitch the achievements and start a new game. Does anyone know anything yet?

Matturtle
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
well they did create a patch for the retail, sorting out alot of bugs there, so maybe they will again considering the amount of poeple who are having problems with it.

Ragnarok1986
03-23-2011, 01:18 AM
SteelStick posted in the demon door link what they have said. Posted below

"Interesting. However let me give you an update. When you experience technical issues with your game we recommend that you either find a work around or restart your game. A new Title Update is currently not being developed, but should that change we will update you. Apologies for any inconvenience "

Mutlucus
03-23-2011, 05:11 AM
SteelStick posted in the demon door link what they have said. Posted below

"Interesting. However let me give you an update. When you experience technical issues with your game we recommend that you either find a work around or restart your game. A new Title Update is currently not being developed, but should that change we will update you. Apologies for any inconvenience "

Lionhead said that? If so, that's the stupidest thing I have ever read, it's like saying; Yes, we know the DLC has glitches, but we don't care. We got our money, we don't need to use time to fix it. Find your own way to deal with it and fuck off!

Toams07
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
SteelStick

Next time make it Steelstick
Dont cap the 2nd 's'

SkyJin
03-23-2011, 10:35 PM
That is just downright retarded, fix your friggin' product! :uzi:

GamesGuru1
04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Lionhead said that? If so, that's the stupidest thing I have ever read, it's like saying; Yes, we know the DLC has glitches, but we don't care. We got our money, we don't need to use time to fix it. Find your own way to deal with it and fuck off!

If that was indeed the official reply from Liohead Studios regarding the matter of not only glitchy DLC but glitchy Fable III as a whole, then whatever shred of respect I had left for Peter Molyneux and his development team just flew out the window...

As a gamer of many years, goin back to the likes of Populous, Powermonger, etc (when games were fun and we all didn't just whore off them... you know who you are as you're reading this lol), it's obscene that more and more development teams are selling out and rushing their games just to cash in on the popularity of a title and to makes as much money in as short as time as possible!!! :(

I, for one, will not be buying anymore Lionhead products until they start showing their customers the respect they deserve for parting with their hard earned cash by listening to their feedback and fixing whatever problems their games have. Don't they realise, ultimately they're only hurnting themselves when it comes to this??? :mad:

Right, mini rant over lol... What do you peeps think?

Ragnarok1986
04-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm following Lionhead on twitter which I asked would they be sorting it out the reply was "@whole_grain We'll pass it Michael" Will keep people updated.

SpongebobRoundpants
04-05-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm following Lionhead on twitter which I asked would they be sorting it out the reply was "@whole_grain We'll pass it Michael" Will keep people updated. Did you mean "we'll patch it Michael"

Ragnarok1986
04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Did you mean "we'll patch it Michael"

Sorry deleted the we'll pass it on Michael.

Shdwwrym
04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Any responses so far?

xX WOGGLES Xx
04-27-2011, 10:52 AM
they dont have to patch it they already have ur money

infectedcrow
04-28-2011, 07:22 PM
The only work around I've found for those achievements is to just not do co-op with them, when they glitched on me that seemed to be when they got reset. Havent tested it yet but Im going to start a new character and do all 7 demon doors with a co-op partner and hopefully 1250 this

Toams07
04-29-2011, 08:10 AM
they dont have to patch it they already have ur money

of course they have to patch it.
they're gonna make more games than this
if they don't work this out I doubt there will be much interest in any of their future games

Syrette
04-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Why on earth are you guys blaming Lionhead? You do realise that they're not the publisher, right?

If anyone, blame Microsoft.

Also understand that it costs money to create and release title updates, and that in some cases it is better to wait a little longer to fix as many issues as possible, especially if certain issues aren't fully reproducible.

Toams07
04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Why on earth are you guys blaming Lionhead? You do realise that they're not the publisher, right?

If anyone, blame Microsoft.

Also understand that it costs money to create and release title updates, and that in some cases it is better to wait a little longer to fix as many issues as possible, especially if certain issues aren't fully reproducible.

LOL!
Why the hell does the publisher have to fix bugs?
The creators of a game must do that, for it's their product! and LH's the freakin' creator of the game!

And neither money nor an amount of problems is a good reason for not making an update, because they've sold a big lot of copies and there's a few hundreds to a few thousands of bugs out there

Syrette
04-29-2011, 10:50 PM
LOL!
Why the hell does the publisher have to fix bugs?
The creators of a game must do that, for it's their product! and LH's the freakin' creator of the game!

And neither money nor an amount of problems is a good reason for not making an update, because they've sold a big lot of copies and there's a few hundreds to a few thousands of bugs out there

And at the end of the day, it's Microsoft's money. Microsoft own Microsoft Game Studios. Lionhead are a subsidiary of MGS.

It's a shame - and in my opinion, it's just not fair - but bugs such as glitched achievements are not critical issues and as such MS aren't going to be willing to pay to rush out a title update for issues that a few are experiencing. Remember how many TUs Fable 3 has had already. If a lot of people experienced a game-breaker, then yeah, you'd hope they'd rush something out.

If enough people make Lionhead aware of these problems, then hopefully the next Fable 3 TU will sort it. Don't forget that most TUs are usually compilations of tweaks and bug fixes.

Toams07
04-30-2011, 08:17 AM
And at the end of the day, it's Microsoft's money. Microsoft own Microsoft Game Studios. Lionhead are a subsidiary of MGS.

That's true, but it doesn't take away it's LH's responsibility this becomes a clean game. I mean, why would Microsoft (in general) fix problems of one of their subsidiaries? That's something like Rockstar fixing a Rockstar North game problem, or Ubisoft Montreal fixing a problem born at Ubisoft Paris

LH is part of Microsoft, but you can't blame a huge worldwide organisation for bugs in a game one of their subsidiary's made. Bugs/glitches in Fable are and will always be LH's responsibility and they will always be the ones to blame for it's their product

AgEnT STARZz
05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Im guessing there's still been nothing done about it? I put the game down after they glitched!

HeartbreakRidge
06-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Just saw the new E3 announcment of a new Fable game, but if they aren't interested in fixing these DLC cheevo glitches, I'm not interested in giving them more money for Fable. Since there's been no word on this for some time, I'm guessing there won't be a fix.

Pity.

bakeryfreshgame
06-13-2011, 08:33 AM
Am I the only person who is pissed because there is a game wrecking bug as you can't go to Reaver's Manor if you have the Traitor's Keep expansion as well (I'm very angry as I waited to get the Understone quest pack until I bought TK). I never tried it but it is my understanding that you get stuck in the mansion and you can't get out, not even to the sanctuary which makes your save file worthless. That is why I will no longer buy from Lionhead. Also on a side note, it would be Lionhead to make the patch and also to pay for the title update not MGS, there part is now done as they would have fronted the money and are now reaping benefits not paying more for shit Lionhead should have gotten right the first time. I personally am selling my Collector's Edition copy along with my hardcover guide and probably my Fable 3 controller because I think that Lionhead's reaction of figure it out yourself is beyond the scope of bad business in relation to your customers (I was super loyal as well before this).

StellarMax
06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Honestly, Fable 3 as a whole game needs a lot of patching to do.

Shdwwrym
06-28-2011, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I don't care about the achievements glitching (I'm a heretic, I know :)) so much as the fact that one DLC glitches/destroys a prior DLC. That is the part that I feel needs to be fixed, and while I wanted to play a DLC set after the end of the game I just don't want to until I know what I've previously bought is going to keep working.

BuzzerBeater911
07-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Anyone know if this is patched or if they have starting working on a patch?

Ragnarok1986
07-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Anyone know if this is patched or if they have starting working on a patch?

On Twitter they indicated a patch may never been sent out due to focusing on the new title :/