PDA

View Full Version : Please read regarding starting Exiled Prince

IAmNerd247
03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Since the achievements are now working properly I of course decided to get me the dlc. Now the main guide says that you can start the dlc in Act 2, and I trigger the cutscene with Sebastian at the Chantry Courtyard but I can't activate the Chanter Board or anything.

Not the first time the main guide for Dragon Age 2 is wrong and I've been mis-informed. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Yes I also know that you can start in Act 1 but I've done my research and people say they started the first Sebastian quest in Act 2, so why can't I?

Please help.

I am fucking mad, sure the achievements are working properly since BioWare confirmed this but I can't start the exiled prince in Act 2 despite some people saying it works and it's a known issue, so when is the next patch gonna come out? in 3 weeks again? :mad:

DarkJudgementX
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Sadly with DLC like this it would be complicated to just straight up patch it inless they knew exactly what was wrong. As for your question I am unsure since I have always taken his quest during the first act and finished it before moving on with the rest of the story..

IAmNerd247
03-22-2011, 09:50 PM
I could just speedrun through from my Act 1 save file but I don't feel like it. I'm fed up with this game and it's share of bullshit.

I enjoyed it and all but seriously, who came up with the idea that exiled prince dlc only works in certain acts? It should be accesible from your post-campaign save file, not by starting a new game or loading an earlier save file. But whatever.

DarkJudgementX
03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
I dont think thats how it was supposed to work out but just how it came out to be in the end, but I am still angry over the fact of the achievements not working for me still.

ramarcos
03-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I could just speedrun through from my Act 1 save file but I don't feel like it. I'm fed up with this game and it's share of bullshit.

I enjoyed it and all but seriously, who came up with the idea that exiled prince dlc only works in certain acts? It should be accesible from your post-campaign save file, not by starting a new game or loading an earlier save file. But whatever.

I know how you feel bro. I don't feel like starting a 3rd playthorugh! lol And plus I got Crysis 2 to beat :)

IAmNerd247
03-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I know how you feel bro. I don't feel like starting a 3rd playthorugh! lol And plus I got Crysis 2 to beat :)

lol I hear your pain too bro, It's not fun when the game screws you over like that.

Either they fix it or I'll just start from Act 1 at a later date, but not right now.

Now how is Crysis 2? I am gonna buy it soley for the single player campaign and I enjoyed the first one, but shelling out 60 dollars is expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

But what video game hobby isn't. ;)

ramarcos
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
lol I hear your pain too bro, It's not fun when the game screws you over like that.

Either they fix it or I'll just start from Act 1 at a later date, but not right now.

Now how is Crysis 2? I am gonna buy it soley for the single player campaign and I enjoyed the first one, but shelling out 60 dollars is expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

But what video game hobby isn't. ;)

I rented it. lol. I think its a buy tho. I haven't tried Single player yet. lol. Jumped into multiplayer right away. It is so addictive. The game got 9/10 from IGN and they are saying it as having the best graphics in a console game.

IAmNerd247
03-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I rented it. lol. I think its a buy tho. I haven't tried Single player yet. lol. Jumped into multiplayer right away. It is so addictive. The game got 9/10 from IGN and they are saying it as having the best graphics in a console game.

lol cheap bastard! ;) I could order it this week and get it on friday but I don't know. Got too many games right now.

ZingZitang
03-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Well this is good to know, Im just in the middle of Act one.

Got too many games right now.
Indeed.

I counted the other day, and I have about 12 Xbox Live Arcade Games purchased, but haven't had time to play them yet.

I also have about 18 Retail Games that I either haven't played at all, or have Played Very Little.

I bought Crysis anyway, so add one more to that.

I just keep telling myself I'll have time to play them Eventually. . . Some of those Games I've had for 2 years. . . I guess Eventually hasn't gotten here yet.

wizzlestick
03-23-2011, 08:27 PM

I feel ya. Overall wasn't that impressed with the game, but yea I was able to load up my Act 3 and just do the last quest for Sebastian (I previously didn't even have the DLC at all), and was then able to load my Act 2 beginning file and do what you described earlier. (get the cutscene by the chantry and the quest started)

So perhaps something goofy is going on with your game, might try to zone and come back there or walk inside the chantry perhaps (can't recall 100% if I had to walk elsewhere to trigger his stuff)

But I definitely had never done it before and was able to not only just finish the Act 3 part without the priors, but also could do all the rest in just Act 2.

Good luck!

FSparacino4
03-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I dont think thats how it was supposed to work out but just how it came out to be in the end, but I am still angry over the fact of the achievements not working for me still.

Did you delete your DLC and redownload it? You need to do this in order for the achievements to unlock.

IAmNerd247
03-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Did you delete your DLC and redownload it? You need to do this in order for the achievements to unlock.

I first bought the dlc after the achievements were fixed, but yes I deleted it and re-installed it to see if that worked, and I also re-entered areas and back to the chantry board to see if it worked but no.

I also read that if you've started any quests at the chantry board before trying the dlc it glitches.

It's really annoying.