PDA

View Full Version : Achievements now work.

Valiantheart
03-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Achievements are now obtainable for Exiled Prince.

Just go into your system memory and delete the Exiled Prince DLC, then redownload it. This will allow you to get the achievements.

I just got Retribution for completing the Duty quest.

This is not retroactive either, meaning that you will have to obtain all the achievements, even if you should have gotten them already.

Chemical Wings
03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Great news! I'm glad it didn't take months and months to fix this =)

krammaii
03-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Disappointing that they expect people to replay through the DLC, as it takes place across all 3 acts.

I just beat DAII and have no desire to replay it even for these achievements... it was kinda... boring.

wizzlestick
03-23-2011, 03:26 AM
I agree, and glad I waited to do it till they fixed them. Although I'll be honest I was not impressed with this game and skipped all the cutscenes for this DLC guy haha..

I just wanted it to be over.

I was able to load up my Act 3 and do the final quest for him (without ever having even bought the DLC prior), and then load up my Act 2 save and do every other one he had, which was nice. The guide made it sound like I would be out of luck if I hadn't done prior companion quests but it was wrong.

JDMBO1
03-23-2011, 03:55 AM
I loaded one of my like 3 saves did the quests and got all the achievements in no less then 20 minutes, quicker then Dead Space 2 Severed achievements

krammaii
03-23-2011, 03:59 AM
I wish I had had the foresight to take Bioware's DLC incompetence into consideration and save before Sebastian stuff along the way.

JDMBO1
03-23-2011, 04:01 AM
I wish I had had the foresight to take Bioware's DLC incompetence into consideration and save before Sebastian stuff along the way.
Generally all you have to do is look through your save files and look for ones that have his companion quests available

krammaii
03-23-2011, 04:06 AM
I had 10+ save files... but most from Act III and end of Act II. It is a good idea to keep a save file at the beginning of each Act of most games though...

JDMBO1
03-23-2011, 04:16 AM
I had 10+ save files... but most from Act III and end of Act II. It is a good idea to keep a save file at the beginning of each Act of most games though...
Did you check? if so sorry to hear that you have to go through another playthrough, then again what playthrough are you on?(i.e 1st, 2nd)

rrushn
03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Awesome, now I can start my 2nd playthrough, and quite thrilled to do so.

edit: I can confirm the above method works, just unlocked retribution for completing the quest 'Duty' aswell.

The Chook
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I have a save right before every achievement would pop. I set that up on my second play-thru. 1130 here I come.

edit: Since I'm at work and can't do it till later... Does the friendship/rivalry achievement pop when it goes to 100% one way or the other? or around the time when they get their special ability?

romanzad
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I have a save right before every achievement would pop. I set that up on my second play-thru. 1130 here I come.

edit: Since I'm at work and can't do it till later... Does the friendship/rivalry achievement pop when it goes to 100% one way or the other? or around the time when they get their special ability?

mine popped after i got 100% rivalry - i used the glitch though

Cooljoe
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
So, if I haven't bought it yet but buy it today it'll work right? In other words, the achievements will naturally unlock I don't have to go to system memory right? :confused:

Ibiki Morino
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
It still don't work for me even with deleting it and re downloading it.

koshermuffin
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I tried it and was able to get the first one, Retribution, quite easily. Thanks for the update!

jenafer6
03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Achievements are now obtainable for Exiled Prince.

Just go into your system memory and delete the Exiled Prince DLC, then redownload it. This will allow you to get the achievements.

I just got Retribution for completing the Duty quest.

This is not retroactive either, meaning that you will have to obtain all the achievements, even if you should have gotten them already.
so you definitely have to delete and redownload the dlc? no way around that? thx in advance =)

BBowles
03-24-2011, 08:02 PM
I can confirm that. I loaded my game, started and finished the first quest "Duty" and nothing. Dashboarded out, deleted the dlc, redownloaded it, loaded up the auto-save in the Chantry and turned the quest in. Ding, achievement unlocked.

Theslatcher
03-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Taken directly from Chris Priestly(Bioware);

Hi Everyone

Microsoft has posted a new version of “The Exiled Prince DLC” to the 360 Marketplace and we’re encouraging all “The Exiled Prince DLC” owners to redownload the content.

The new version should allow the 5 DLC achievements to properly unlock in future playthroughs of the “The Exiled Prince DLC” content. Customers who have previously completed this content will need to replay the content, either via a new game, or by using an save made prior to getting any achievements from this content.

Here is the steps users need to undertake to update their copy of The Exiled Prince DLC

Uninstalling Old Data:
1. Starting on the Xbox 360 dashboard, go to ‘System Settings’, located on the far, right end of the ‘My Xbox’ section.
2. Choose ‘Memory’.
3. Select the memory device on which the DLC is installed.
4. Choose ‘Games’.
5. Choose ‘Dragon Age II’.
6. Scroll down and choose ‘The Exiled Prince’ Marketplace Content.
7. Select ‘Delete’, then ‘Yes’ to confirm the action.

Installing New Data
1. Press the Xbox Guide button.
2. Scroll right to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Account Management’, choose ‘Yes’ to confirm.
3. Choose ‘Download History’.
4. Choose ‘The Exiled Prince’ game add-on.
5. Select ‘Download Again’.

If after you have followed each step above, and replayed The Exiled Prince DLC and this still does not fix the achievement unlock issue for you, please let us know below.

http://social.bioware.com/images/forum/emoticons/devil.png

Vanilla Coke Zero
03-25-2011, 05:13 AM
wow, how fucking gay. i didn't even know these achievements were glitched.

JDMBO1
03-25-2011, 05:31 AM
They're not just the downloaded versions are

oooo yeah
03-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Does the signature edition come with the content on the disk or does it come with a download code?

DOOKH8R
03-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Does the signature edition come with the content on the disk or does it come with a download code?

Codes.....

FSparacino4
03-25-2011, 07:26 AM

Every post I have seen by you involves bitching of some sort. Gay can be used in many different ways, but it is not used to defined inanimate objects such as achievements.

Straight from the dictionary for your future refrence:

1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.
4. licentious; dissipated; wanton: The baron is a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies.
5. homosexual.
6. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.
-noun
7. a homosexual person, especially a male.
-adverb
8. in a gay manner.

troyrich
03-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Worked perfectly for me.. Luckily i don't have to play any differantly to get the achievments only just started my second playthrough.

Pooly93
03-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Redownloading it now, once its done I'm gonna play some MW2 with a friend for a laugh and then I'll go back to DA2, I started two other playthroughs the other day at least so I can make a start on his quests easier than having to start a new game altogether.

darthroker29
03-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Great News! another excuse to start a new adventure in this awesome game! (no sarcasm intended)

WarGod3
03-27-2011, 04:25 AM
is all the DLC fix as well then or just this one is it salf to start this game now?

bakeryfreshgame
03-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Every post I have seen by you involves bitching of some sort. Gay can be used in many different ways, but it is not used to defined inanimate objects such as achievements.

Straight from the dictionary for your future refrence:

Thank you FSparacino4, I love the fact that you set that guy straight. People don't realize just how offensive they are being by using the work gay in that sense. I enjoy your posts more every time I see them.

Pearson
03-27-2011, 10:25 AM
If Bioware made these achievements to work properly to begin with, then I wouldn't of had to do an third run through of the game. I am currently finishing up my second run now and I only started a third just to get the "Mass Exodus" achievement. So now it looks as if to get the all of the Exiled Prince achievements, I'll have to finish up that third run after all. Very disappointed because I should've had all of those achievements in my first go of the game to begin with if Bioware hadn't screwed up to begin with. :rant:

the ferenczy
03-27-2011, 10:56 AM
You must delete the dlc and then redownload it to gain achievements. After doing this, old saves can be used to get the achievements. I tried it both ways with the same save and it only worked after delete/redownload. At least they fixed the issue.:)

quadrin_5
03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
YAAAAY! But it shouldn't have come to this in the first place. Bioware has always been on top of their games (pun intended). I've become sorely disappointed with them recently. But it does seem like a trend nowadays doesn't it? Every time you buy a "new" game it feels more like you're paying to play the beta version. Just look at Crysis 2.

Arsenic 17
03-27-2011, 11:28 PM
yea this worked like a charm...such a terrible job bioware does. releasing games with these sorts of flaws....at least they game that they make rocks!

FSparacino4
03-28-2011, 01:30 AM
YAAAAY! But it shouldn't have come to this in the first place. Bioware has always been on top of their games (pun intended). I've become sorely disappointed with them recently. But it does seem like a trend nowadays doesn't it? Every time you buy a "new" game it feels more like you're paying to play the beta version. Just look at Crysis 2.

Wait, what is wrong with Crysis 2?

KillerChris8814
03-28-2011, 05:04 AM
Wait, what is wrong with Crysis 2?

I haven't played it yet but I read it has some server issues and a few graphical bugs.

LURadioDJ
03-28-2011, 05:54 AM
I can't believe this crap.......I've already done and gotten 3 of the 5 Sebastian achievements. Do the Duty quest, find out his families murderer, and give him his bow. At least I can get the 100% friend/rival and talk to the agent of the Divine ones now.

Or because I started the save pre-glitch that they won't work at all.

Just checked with an alternate save file to get the Duty quest one........it doesn't work HURRAYY

mesosteros
03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
If they are unlocked on bioware's social site, why not connect them to get it without having to go through the game again? I'm already replaying it in act 1... but after I did sebastian's first quest! DAMN IT!

EDIT: I got some of the achievements from an old save point. Loyalty, memento and avenged... now for the other 2.

JDMBO1
03-28-2011, 10:16 PM
If they are unlocked on bioware's social site, why not connect them to get it without having to go through the game again? I'm already replaying it in act 1... but after I did sebastian's first quest! DAMN IT!
I'd say somethings in life aren't that easy, I know it sucks but it's not so much laborious to do everything again if you have the proper saves

mesosteros
03-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I'd say somethings in life aren't that easy, I know it sucks but it's not so much laborious to do everything again if you have the proper saves

Don't get me wrong: I WAS REPLAYING THE GAME... It's just that I'll have to start yet again for hus first quest achievement. I'm still missing the romance and mage hunter ones. Romance also pissed me off: just cuz I told Isabella in Act II I was in it for the sex I didn't get it! That was also bullmore!

JDMBO1
03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Don't get me wrong: I WAS REPLAYING THE GAME... It's just that I'll have to start yet again for hus first quest achievement. I'm still missing the romance and mage hunter ones. Romance also pissed me off: just cuz I told Isabella in Act II I was in it for the sex I didn't get it! That was also bullmore!
understandable then again this game has good replay value so I wouldn't worry much

bakeryfreshgame
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM

You understand that a romance would mean that it isn't just sex... that's the whole point.

mesosteros
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
You understand that a romance would mean that it isn't just sex... that's the whole point.

No I don't. Never dated anyone :S
It's my sad life. On the other hand, I just got all achievements.
On the other I had my heart torn out yet again past Sunday... Why are all the girls I'm attracted to already dating someone... and I really liked this one. :(

JDMBO1
03-31-2011, 12:35 AM
No I don't. Never dated anyone :S
It's my sad life. On the other hand, I just got all achievements.
On the other I had my heart torn out yet again past Sunday... Why are all the girls I'm attracted to already dating someone... and I really liked this one. :(
Don't be so gloom, you'll find someone for you. There is always a person out there waiting for you to find them. The thing is you just haven't found that person.

Punisher Knight
04-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Is there an update that is supposed to pop up? A friend told me he got them and I immediately went and reattempted the three easiest and it still does not work for me.

Game is amazing other than the few handfuls of glitches

JDMBO1
04-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Is there an update that is supposed to pop up? A friend told me he got them and I immediately went and reattempted the three easiest and it still does not work for me.

Game is amazing other than the few handfuls of glitches
No there hasn't been a title update for DA II, you must delete Exiled Prince off your HDD. After which redownload the Exiled Prince, the update is done through not a title update, but a updated version of the DLC, at no expense whatsoever.

Thargore
04-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm just glad they fixed it. It was annoying not getting the achievements.

PeaceBrigade
04-15-2011, 08:18 AM
If you don't have the DLC is it possible to get 100% completion through the achievements? I note that some listed in my game even without Exiled Prince are still in my achievement list.