PDA

View Full Version : (YU-GI-OH DECK QUESTION) What changes can I make to my deck to improve it?

GarethGoreYaDig?
03-23-2011, 03:43 AM
I have never played the yu-gi-oh before i picked up this game under peer pressure but i have really gotten into it. i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions how to tweak my deck further. it went from a random 60 card deck to a 50+ deck with a lot of monarchs to a 40 card dark deck with a focus on synchros. I will list all of my deck + side/synchros and give a explanation of why i think they i included them.

Monsters -
1x breaker the magical warrior (decent attack + anti back row)
2x dark resonator (tuner + can survive)
2x dark tinker (tuner + useful effect)
1x dark valkyria (good effect + good attack)
1x des koala (defence/damage)
2x don zaloog (attack + -1card)
1x jinzo (obvious)
1x krebons (tuner + useful effect)
1x kuraz the light monarch (good effect + attack)
1x mad archfiend (good agaisnt defence)
1x necro gardna (effect)
1x night assailant (effect)
2x old vindictive magician
1x rapid fire magiican (effect i guess + decent attack)
1x shadowpriestess of ohm (quick way to finish a duel if there on v. low health)
1x stealth bird (health + bait to attack a facedown monster)
2x twin sword marauder (anti defence)

spells

brain control - mostly staple cards and self explanatory.
giant trunade
heavy storm
mystic plasma zone (+ dark attack)
mystical space typhoon
smashing ground
swords of revealing light
united we stand (preferred to other equips as more monsters)

traps
bottomless traphole
crush card virus (useful after flip effect kill monsters/as they attack)
dark bribe (id like to get more but i only have one in my trunk)
dust tornado
magic cylinder
mirror force
negate attack
scrap iron scarecrow

my problem is this, i have a number of weak monsters (all the flip effect cards for instance, which are liabilities unless use for a tribute/sync/crush card but are very useful for the effect. they only make up about 3/4 of the total 40. but im not sure if i should use all hard hitting 4star monsters as opposed to a few low hitters and remove crush card + remove the 2 flip effect damaging cards (des koala + stealth bird) and focus just on heavy hitters + synchros. or get rid of the syncros/tuners and focus back on monarchs + heavy hitters and go for the beatdown win. i really suck at making decks any help would be appreciated. :) <3

Jokerz Wildcard
03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
You have a decent idea for a deck(seeing you've never played before) My advice, use a one type deck. For example I run(use) Six Samurais. If you want to duel send me a message btw. my new gt is Plagiarising

Kizen
03-23-2011, 05:01 AM
As I was previously saying,
You have an abundance of monsters
you should balance that out.

GarethGoreYaDig?
03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
you think? outta a 40card deck i have just over half of them are monsters, i used to run otherwise proportioned. i was often not getting monsters so i stripped out all but the best spell/trap cards and switched the rest to monsters
and jokerz - its a dark deck. its not as focused as lightsworn for instance but it gives a focus to work around. im going to start to focus on even smaller segments at some point

Kizen
03-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I have only around 15 monsters or so. I usually go 15m 15s 5t(Or Vice-Versa)
I guess If you win with It, Keep it... Oh yeah I also forgot to note that certain archetypes can win with only monsters. I placed 3rd in a local tourney with 40 monsters(Six Sams). I use X-Sabers now(best warriors due to new ban list)

sVx Shadow
03-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Thats only 35 cards, not enough for a deck. I usually try to have 18-24 monsters and half spell and half trap for the rest.

Kizen
04-04-2011, 11:31 PM
oops I meant 15-15-10. Sorry for that mistake

GarethGoreYaDig?
04-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I guess If you win with It, Keep it... Oh yeah I also forgot to note that certain archetypes can win with only monsters. I placed 3rd in a local tourney with 40 monsters(Six Sams). I use X-Sabers now(best warriors due to new ban list)

i always run a lot more i was always drawing monsters that but i was forever drawing more traps and spells that i werent able to use