PDA

View Full Version : This game will be the next Beyond Good & Evil

ThePumpkinKing
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Having sold only about 800,000 copies, it's safe to say that very few have played it. Very few will. Years from now, everyone will wish they had because of the high praise that those of us that have played it have given it. Hell, in some instances, it's already been referred to as the next BG&E. I even had a few distinct moments while playing, where I specifically remember thinking to myself, this game is in the same league with BG&E.

It's a shame that the good games like this get overlooked so easily.

venner
03-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Hmmm wonder if its worth picking up an extra copy and keeping it sealed? As only 12.85 at the mo.

Might be worth abit in future like ICO is now as not many people played that.

ThePumpkinKing
03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't say so. Beyond Good & Evil gained some value for a short window of time. But nothing higher than what it's original retail value was.

jenkins
03-27-2011, 08:46 PM
I guess yeah there are some similarities, the combat obviously. The fact that its set in an imaginitive world and follows the story of characters and shows how their relationship grows throughout the game... I hadn't made the connection before now but I kind of see what you mean :) maybe the next generation of console will end up having this as a downloadable arcade game? Haha.

Think I slightly preferred BG&E though. Photographing all the species was fun. Replying all the levels of Enslaved to collect all the tech orbs was not.