PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point!!

Greggyson
03-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Of orbs and "cash" and cash boosters. If there is no way to use em! AT least the OG game from 09 had upgrades. This one lacks that completly.. I would have liked to use the triggers to at least boost or do a something with the beam or orange thing or blue thing.. like a different style of shot that has a bit more damage or range or something!

HEY at lest the online co op is ONLINE CO OP. The first game said online co op but they failed to mention at first it was for "mini game" style missions not the actual game!

Also the collectibles are kinda lame. Considering the ones from 09 were all different and interesting but I guess based on the budget it was easier this way..

Greggyson
03-24-2011, 02:53 AM
MY bad.. Bonus cash and cash multiplier..

Steakslave
03-24-2011, 07:50 AM
LOL. At first I thought you were going to say "what's the point of this game".

After playing the demo, I don't exactly feel compelled to buy it; at least until it goes on sale.
I curious why they concocted these new characters instead of the original guys; especially since there's no voice acting. They even could have done stylized versions of them ala "The REAL Ghostusters" cartoon. Probably licencing/royalty issues I guess.
Either way, it still doesn't seem to capture the spirit, so to speak, of the retail game; easy achievements or not.

TheHatter
03-24-2011, 02:51 PM
They did use the originals in the comic to lead into the story, so I don't see why they couldn't use them as playable characters. Perhaps they are making a transition to the third movie? I heard the third one was supposed to be about them passing the torch essentially to a new group of busters.

As far as the money goes, I think that's just for your score, so you know who did better than who in a level. It would have been nice if there was more depth to the game. There was a dungeon crawler just released on the arcade, I can't recall the name of it, where you get to choose between mage, archer or warrior and you level up and have attributes and whatnot. I would have loved for this to be like that.

The Nonexistenc
03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
They did use the originals in the comic to lead into the story, so I don't see why they couldn't use them as playable characters. Perhaps they are making a transition to the third movie? I heard the third one was supposed to be about them passing the torch essentially to a new group of busters.

As far as the money goes, I think that's just for your score, so you know who did better than who in a level. It would have been nice if there was more depth to the game. There was a dungeon crawler just released on the arcade, I can't recall the name of it, where you get to choose between mage, archer or warrior and you level up and have attributes and whatnot. I would have loved for this to be like that.

While I was playing the game, I was thinking that all my cash and bonuses would be nice for an upgrade system (since I was continuously dying...). Maybe something that would make me more resilient or more health or stronger equipment.... Cause I rage-quit after about 15 deaths in the sewers.