kratos gameplay

M 0 R T I K I A

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there was rumors we was getting an XBOX character, I guess those were not true right?

Well yesterday, I read on one of the many video game sites I follow on Twitter, that the extra thing for xbox still hasn't been announced and Ed Boon wouldn't say what it was and wouldn't confirm or deny if it's a character so there's still a possibility.

Well yesterday, I read on one of the many video game sites I follow on Twitter, that the extra thing for xbox still hasn't been announced and Ed Boon wouldn't say what it was and wouldn't confirm or deny if it's a character so there's still a possibility.

Ohh, so there is still hope, thanks for the info!

Good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for this. Honestly, it makes me glad I DON'T have a PS3! He really doesn't look like a very good addition to MK. Sorry. Here's to hoping we don't get a character and instead get something better (be it a gameplay mode or arena or outfit or whatever).

I really dont see the hype over Kratos, if they are buying MK just cause he is in there they have to be complete noobs who have never played a MK game before.

Trust me there are a good chunk who have never played it and just want it cause of him.

I kid you not.... on youtube there was some kid who said "ive never played a MK game before, but since kratos is in it im gonna buy it day 1". i was like seriously?

Funny thing is the ps3 users themselves said "they fear everyone online is going to be using him." Hell there is even a thread about it over on that trophy site that looks like this one... "Ps3trophies.org".

Still its what they want, a real fan will buy it because they enjoyed the first 3 and not cause of some extra from another game. which makes me extremely glad that we dont have an exclusive.

Sorry boys but we really dont need one. :)

Edited by Annalie

@Annalie i couldn't agree with you more, i was brought into mortal kombat from a young age as i was born in the 90's and the first one i played was MK trilogy and from that point i fell in love with the game. the xbox doesn't need any addition to make the game any better than what it already looks. so what if the ps3 has kratos, we xbox users will by the game because we love it, not because of some extra character.

i never quite get these added characters. At east he fits better than yoda in soul calibur 4 lol.

if i want to play these characters i would play gow which i have and love.

Actually, I would say Yoda would be a better fit (although I wouldn't want him or any Jedi in the game, despite being a huge SW fan). Does Kratos even NOT use weapons? Everything I've seen of his gameplay has him using a weapon, while every other character, although they have a weapon to use, they still punch and kick and whatever. I imagine any Jedi wouldn't be all that much unlike Ermac, throwing people around with the Force. But again, I don't want them in my MK.

It's funny how people say they don't care but then make threads about which 360 character they would like...

Also, you're not forced to play as him or against him (except online, which you're forced to play against spammers anyway) so I don't see the need to complain about an extra option.

Btw, I think it's pretty cool they added elements like QTEs and the slow-mo jump in the game. It just sucks that all that work will only be able to be played by half the fans.

i dont have a ps3 and i am not really bothered there getting an extra character. I mean it would have been kool to include him in the xbox version to fight (but not to play as) and use his stage, as i think he does fit in quite well but its no biggie . . . enough top characters in K already

Ed Boon was hinting about an exclusive 360 character I'm putting in a link to the article.http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/711233/mortal-kombat-creator-drops-hints-about-exclusive-xbox-360-character/

I saw nothing other than the writer's assumptions about it being a character. It's already been said that we won't be getting a character, but instead some other type of exclusive.

I saw nothing other than the writer's assumptions about it being a character. It's already been said that we won't be getting a character, but instead some other type of exclusive.

I was taking it as a report about what he got out of Ed Boon, but anyway, unless their's something I missed Boon has never said definitively that there is no character for 360, just that he wasn't ready to talk about 360 exclusives, and neither confirmed nor denied anything.

I'm quite pleased actually as to how Kratos turned out here. I am getting the game on PS3 first (wasn't my decision) but hopefully I can get a copy on 360. I feel more comfortable in my common grounds. :p Also, I swear I heard that Netherealm will make Kratos DLC for the 360 version at a later time. I'm not entirely sure, so don't take my word for it. If it is true, then I guess it's just a timed exclusive...kinda like Darth Vader in Soul Calibur.

I'm quite pleased actually as to how Kratos turned out here. I am getting the game on PS3 first (wasn't my decision) but hopefully I can get a copy on 360. I feel more comfortable in my common grounds. :p Also, I swear I heard that Netherealm will make Kratos DLC for the 360 version at a later time. I'm not entirely sure, so don't take my word for it. If it is true, then I guess it's just a timed exclusive...kinda like Darth Vader in Soul Calibur.

I don't see Kratos ever coming to the 360 version, he is after all Sony's best exclusive character, and him being a Sony exclusive I just don't see it happening. If it does though that would be great as I love the God of War games.