PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to get "Punting Perfection" VERIFIED

Elitism
03-25-2011, 12:07 AM
I tried for about an hour and was never able to get it. The only thing I never was able to try was the shock ball, and the freeze ball would never freeze the kick returner for some reason.

I finally got it somehow when I lined up at about the 33 yard line(I was trying to kick it outta bounds(into the back of the endzone) and with the endzone giving me an extra 10 yards that would have been a kick of 43 yards and since I kicked it out of bounds there would have been no return). I kicked the ball on first down and it landed just out of bounds and the other team went on offense on their 20 yard line, I sacked them 3 times in a row and then they punted. I accidentally selected a regular play and they kicked the ball over 40 yards, I then ran to the ball and picked it up and ran it back for a touchdown and pop I got the punting perfection achievement. I don't understand why but I'll take it. NOTE: you can use a power up on your return, like the ice cream truck or stink pants

Buckswana
06-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Tried this, but missed a sack, so it didn't work. What worked for me first try was just using 2 controllers. Punt to controller 2, run it backwards a bit, then just as you're about to hit him/her, pause and switch controller 2 back to cpu control. Unpause, tackle, achievement popped.

Slydog73
07-04-2011, 11:55 AM
I too can verify this method worked, absolute ripper! Thanks to original poster, cheers mate

scarface983
09-18-2011, 03:34 AM
Tried this, but missed a sack, so it didn't work. What worked for me first try was just using 2 controllers. Punt to controller 2, run it backwards a bit, then just as you're about to hit him/her, pause and switch controller 2 back to cpu control. Unpause, tackle, achievement popped.

I got it with 2 players. I thought it was going to be hard but i got it on the first try. Thanks

Evil Submariner
11-07-2011, 01:52 AM
The two player method here definitely works, got it on my first try with this method. Thanks for posting it up here.

MumblesMcBabble
12-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Just as Buckswana said. First try!

mpleeds
04-09-2012, 01:26 AM
I too can confirm the above two controller method. Took me some time to get the distance on the kick but it worked.:)

douch-bag
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
worked first try thanks

Chef Ivano
03-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Worked for me on the first try, thanks!

05-11-2013, 09:56 PM

Just got it using this method. Thanks :woop:

erwinWPF
07-07-2013, 11:26 PM

Wow, I did this, and got the achievement first try. My kick was even in the yellows.

TVthePunisher
07-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Really, all I did for this was start up a two player game...have one guy punt the ball (a strong team, such as the Monsters) to the other team and since that person was player 2, they sat there unmoving. Just as I was tackling him, I paused and changed the team to CPU and the achievement popped when I unpaused.

But if two controllers isn't an option, then yours is good I suppose =) I couldn't get it to work for me personally so I had to try other ways.

(Edit: basically what Buckswana said lol, that's what I did ;>__> the OP's method didn't work for me is what I meant).