PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy being Cancelled?

Nozza XBA
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Is this an early April Fool's?

Personally I don't think its true.. It was "cancelled" in 2002 (I think) due to an episode and thats what I think it is this time!

Seeing as I can't actually find any info on the web about it other than me hearing it off the news just a moment ago, I call fake and say its a episode cancellation!

Snowwwwy
03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Wouldnt surpirse me if it is true. The last few seasons have been bad as compare to the previous ones.

PythonParn
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Is this an early April Fool's?

Personally I don't think its true.. It was "cancelled" in 2002 (I think) due to an episode and thats what I think it is this time!

Seeing as I can't actually find any info no the web about it other than me hearing it off the news just a moment ago, I call fake and say its a episode cancellation!

I hope not :rant:

JAW LV
03-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Probably another fake/joke. I did a Google search and haven't found anything.... if it's not on Google, it doesn't exist :D

Skepsis93
03-25-2011, 07:37 PM
It was cancelled back in 2002, but brought back thanks to it's cult following. This time, has to be a joke.

13ip0lar
03-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Wait what episode caused it to be canceled in 2002? Details would be greatly appreciated. Also I wouldn't be surprised, I watched the recent episode and lol'd a few times and lol'd just because it was stupid. Two moments I can recall are:

1) Adam West: "Imma go disappear in that corn field. ~Fades into corn field~ (2 seconds later) AHHH!!! I'm lost in corn.

I just remember loling and as I lol'd saying "so stupid".

2) I don't recall the dialogue but Peter comes out as in his 'Columbine' get-up and say I'm ready to go to school. Then calls the dude on the phone saying "it's off", and all you hear is gun shots through the cell phone. Same damn thing, lol'd and called it stupid over my loling.

That said I laugh when things are funny and not scared to be borderline offensive. Which I thought that was, but I'm sure some people were pissed about the second reference.

antilles2210
03-25-2011, 09:54 PM
It was actually cancelled twice before. Once in 2000 but it got a last minute renewal for a third season and then for the long haul until it was resurrected mostly due to it's popularity on Adult Swim. I would have to say that this rumor is just BS. All of Seth MacFarlane's shows are doing really well in the ratings.

KillerChris8814
03-26-2011, 01:50 AM
It was actually cancelled twice before. Once in 2000 but it got a last minute renewal for a third season and then for the long haul until it was resurrected mostly due to it's popularity on Adult Swim. I would have to say that this rumor is just BS. All of Seth MacFarlane's shows are doing really well in the ratings.

Unless it's not being cancelled and he's just stopping making it because he's tired of it.

TheNarrator23
03-26-2011, 02:42 AM
It's part of Fox's Sunday Night animation domination, and it's still a big draw. If they should cancel something it's that crap The Cleveland Show

DOOKH8R
03-26-2011, 03:06 AM
Wait what episode caused it to be canceled in 2002? Details would be greatly appreciated. Also I wouldn't be surprised, I watched the recent episode and lol'd a few times and lol'd just because it was stupid. Two moments I can recall are:

1) Adam West: "Imma go disappear in that corn field. ~Fades into corn field~ (2 seconds later) AHHH!!! I'm lost in corn.

I just remember loling and as I lol'd saying "so stupid".

2) I don't recall the dialogue but Peter comes out as in his 'Columbine' get-up and say I'm ready to go to school. Then calls the dude on the phone saying "it's off", and all you hear is gun shots through the cell phone. Same damn thing, lol'd and called it stupid over my loling.

That said I laugh when things are funny and not scared to be borderline offensive. Which I thought that was, but I'm sure some people were pissed about the second reference.

I do not think it helped the renewal talks back in 2003, but Fox refused to air the episode "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein." To this day, when it airs in syndication, it is still edited in one part. Fox has since aired the episode, albeit a bit censored.

The current season's episode which won't be aired is called "Partial Terms of Endearment." Although if you watch the dvd comentary, Seth MacFarlane knew going in, Fox was not going to air the episode. I think that episode might have aired in the UK, but it isn't going to air here anytime soon.

I can find no information, reliable or otherwise, regarding another cancellation of Family Guy.

Lethal Dame
03-26-2011, 03:22 AM
Meh. I hope its true.. I think Seth is really grasping at straws for material. I haven't laughed at an episode of FG in a long while.

...American Dad I find to be much more enjoyable.

Mr Bungle
03-26-2011, 06:05 AM
May be frowned upon people here, but I really don't like Family Guy.

I used to be obsessed with it up to season 5, but it's just gotten annoying and poor from there on.

Snowwwwy
03-26-2011, 07:13 AM

I used to be obsessed with it up to season 5, but it's just gotten annoying and poor from there on.
Spot on. Must be us Aussies hahaha.

KillerChris8814
03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Snowwwwy I was about to ask if you were trying to copy SilentPulse69 until I saw where you changed your gamer tag.:D

13ip0lar
03-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I do not think it helped the renewal talks back in 2003, but Fox refused to air the episode "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein." To this day, when it airs in syndication, it is still edited in one part. Fox has since aired the episode, albeit a bit censored.

The current season's episode which won't be aired is called "Partial Terms of Endearment." Although if you watch the dvd comentary, Seth MacFarlane knew going in, Fox was not going to air the episode. I think that episode might have aired in the UK, but it isn't going to air here anytime soon.

I can find no information, reliable or otherwise, regarding another cancellation of Family Guy.

I'll have to look these up, if Fox censored them, they have to be good.

Meh. I hope its true.. I think Seth is really grasping at straws for material. I haven't laughed at an episode of FG in a long while.

...American Dad I find to be much more enjoyable.

Honestly FG is shit, hence why I watch it to pass 20 minutes, and lol'd at stupid shit, and by "lol" I mean chuckle at best. American Dad I find much more entertaining, but can't say I "lol" more.

I was reminiscing about the Simpsons last night when it use to be good, and watched this. YouTube - Die Simpsons - Happy Birthday Lisa

I'm sure it has to be in a different language for legal reasons, but the part that matters is pure win. Sigh... R.I.P. old Simpsons that was actually good/funny, and Michael Jackson. You both will be missed.

Dz06lt
03-27-2011, 12:53 AM
wouldnt bother me one bit, the show is getting pretty terrible. But they are cancelling this and keeping the stupid ass cleveland show then there is truly something wrong

ITD Soldierboy
04-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Nope. It was actually announced at the beginning of LAST year(January 2010) that Family Guy will run at least until 2015.

http://everyjoe.com/entertainment/family-guy-renewed-until-2015/

Whatever you heard was false. Unless another show that was created by Seth was canceled and you caught the tail end of it when they mention that he's 'also the creator of Family Guy'?

Snowwwwy
04-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Damn.. 2015.. thats a while.

ITD Soldierboy
04-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Damn.. 2015.. thats a while.

Yeah it is. I've kinda dis-liked where they've taken the show though. The first few seasons were great. I loved all of Stewie's attempts to take Lois' life and try to take over the world. Now he's just gay(literally, not figuratively).

Snowwwwy
04-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Yeah it is. I've kinda dis-liked where they've taken the show though. The first few seasons were great. I loved all of Stewie's attempts to take Lois' life and try to take over the world. Now he's just gay(literally, not figuratively).
Yeh, like I said earlier in this thread, I agree with you, I liked the first few seasons so much better, compare to these new ones.

Dale Norris
04-04-2011, 08:46 PM
its like the simpsons will be on when we r all 80 i mean they just cant cancel it can they ?

Gorilla Stomper
04-04-2011, 09:07 PM
I hope so.

It isn't funny anymore.

Tussell
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
It's about time.

They're running out of stuff to make fun of and it will quickly turn into another South Park where they can only make fun of current pop culture.

So it really comes down to Family Guy or South Park, and though I don't really like either of them, I'd much rather see South Park stick around.

I'm sure if it ends up canceled, they'll end it with a movie or something.

Snowwwwy
04-04-2011, 10:56 PM
its like the simpsons will be on when we r all 80 i mean they just cant cancel it can they ?
Everything comes to an end sooner or later.

13ip0lar
04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Everything comes to an end sooner or later.

You obviously don't realize that you are talking about a corporation of conservative fanatics, that are fueled by the belief their "way" is the right way, and their trademark symbol is the Simpsons. Greed and pride never die, especially when we are talking about a company... They just go bankrupt :)

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 10:59 PM
They just go bankrupt :)
And when they go bankrupt, they come to an end, haha.

Dz06lt
04-06-2011, 01:26 AM
dont forget that fam guy was cancelled before

Pootcrum
04-06-2011, 04:22 AM
I watch and enjoy a majority of the 'mainstream' animated stuff out there, but about the only one that I will seek out is South Park. I have lost touch with much of the rest which is useful in a way because when it is in syndication I often catch eps that I have never seen before.

Seth Macfarlane has done very very very well for himself out of essentially the same formula. I like his sense of humour but he needs a radically fresh idea, not just another group of characters involving 2 adults, 3 children, and the extra wheel i.e. Brian, Roger, Claus. I guess the youngest in The Cleveland Show fits the latter category somewhat.

Anyway my long-winded point is that I wouldn't be upset if it was cancelled, not that I think it will be for a long time.

TVthePunisher
04-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello everybody, it's been awhile. Where should I begin? I've got a lot of gripes since Family Guy "polished" their animation and here's a few of them:

Ever since the episode where Brian and Stewie were trapped in a Vault, every single episode after that point has had very long, drawn out sequences where characters do practically nothing...or they are doing something, it's just a over the top joke (for example, Carter spending almost 5 minutes trying to operate a CAT to destroy a park bench). Because of them drawing out things, there's really only one story going on anymore in the episodes...and the flashback sequences have been greatly reduced.

Compare an episode of Family Guy today to the first few seasons, a couple plotlines involving multiple characters. The characters never stayed in one area for more than a minute, they were always on the move and the show paced itself nicely. Today, characters are in one area from one to five minutes, if not longer and what irritates me is they try to make it seem "serious" with this whole movie look the animation has taken on. A lot of fancy animation graphics have the characters moving in ways never thought possible back in the early days of Family Guy, they're pushing it.

Really, the show got more "serious" feeling about the start of this season where they actually killed off several pointless characters (the hour long episode in James Woods' mansion). I have a hard time enjoying the episodes...as they never feel like there's a definate end either, because they try to draw it out like there's an hour worth of story yet it almost feels like it suddenly cuts off at the end (even if the story seems finished).

If it gets cancelled, it does...I'm not bothered by it.

JeremyVersion1
04-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I love Family Guy....I should say I love seasons 1-3 of Family Guy. Season four wasn't too bad, but the show just went downhill after that. It's a shame as it was easily the funniest cartoon running for a few minutes there.

It's not as bad as the Simpsons have been for the last decade though...so that's something.

jtr1gg3r
04-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Family Guy is good because it's so stupid lol

Hence why all the storylines are a load of make believe bollocks.

If they cancel it that's just shit man, cancel the cleveland show if anything thats just naff.

TacticalTodger
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
New Family Guy fails. They usually have FAIL songs

Snowwwwy
04-17-2011, 03:39 AM
New Family Guy fails. They usually have FAIL songs
Fail episodes and ideas too.

DragonsGoMOO
04-17-2011, 04:00 AM
If you don't like it, don't watch it. That's how I live.
That's also how I find new channels and shows to watch. Widening my variety.

ARCANEVALORE
04-17-2011, 04:04 AM
Family guy and Cleveland show are both just awful. Old family guy was great and so randomly stupid now it's played out. Cleveland show just never should of aired, from day 1 that thing stunk worse the a skunk spraying at a jason voorhes massacre. American dad is borderline good it's got it's moments. I honetly felt like the writers took on to much even if not all of family guy;s writers did those extra shows i know some did though.

Snowwwwy
04-17-2011, 06:46 AM
If you don't like it, don't watch it. That's how I live.
Its funny, I still watch it, thinking that the episodes will go back to being funny. Thats what Im waiting for.

iBlessing 09
04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
i do not think it helped the renewal talks back in 2003, but fox refused to air the episode "when you wish upon a weinstein." to this day, when it airs in syndication, it is still edited in one part. Fox has since aired the episode, albeit a bit censored.

The current season's episode which won't be aired is called "partial terms of endearment." although if you watch the dvd comentary, seth macfarlane knew going in, fox was not going to air the episode. I think that episode might have aired in the uk, but it isn't going to air here anytime soon.

I can find no information, reliable or otherwise, regarding another cancellation of family guy.
qft, snfm.

DekaRed
04-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Personally I hope so - It's getting stale, Seth should concentrate more on American Dad and it's less likeable cousin The Cleveland show (what an abomination).

Raian the Fallen
04-19-2011, 01:02 AM
I saw the thread title and got excited. I'm sad now...

The show used to be awesome. Before it was canceled. Now that it's back... eh.

V1oL3NT Sn1PEzZ
05-18-2011, 03:56 PM

Partial terms of endearment has been shown in the UK i remember seeing it. Why was it cancelled? Lois agrees to be a surrogate mother but the couple die so she aborts it

sm182
05-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Partial terms of endearment has been shown in the UK i remember seeing it. Why was it cancelled? Lois agrees to be a surrogate mother but the couple die so she aborts it

Americans don't like abortion, it was a funny episode though.

SALT1R3
05-21-2011, 01:16 AM
I still like it mostly though the laugh out loud bits are becoming fewer and farther between. I prefer South Park, the silly stories are fantastic still after what, 13 years or so now?