PDA

View Full Version : Online Co-op lag

Darth Craigus
03-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey guys. Bought this game the other day, enjoying it, good little game... However I played some online co-op with a friend tonight. We played both a private match with just the two of us (Easy now Will Smith fans) and also played a couple of levels as a foursome with 2 randoms.

However both time, no matter which of us were hosting, the lag at times could be horrific. I mean unplayable. It wouldn't let us pick up downed teammates, players experiencing the lag were "shooting" at nothing and in the wrong direction due to their screen showing something completely different... We had to quit out at one point and we both tried restarting our routers to see if there was any improvement, unfortunately not.

Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same or similar issues? We've both got pretty good connections and don't appear to have problems when it comes to co-op and/or MP on other games.

Is it maybe just a case of the game being new and maybe needing a couple of tweaks to the online play or are we destined to have horrid lag every time we play?

Necrosis102
03-25-2011, 10:45 PM
I also had lag when trying to play this tonight. It's most likely due to Atari's servers (especially after TDU2)

Yungblaknhansum
03-26-2011, 05:31 AM
it's been lagging and crashing for me. when I can actually play the lag is horrid. making it almost unplayable.

Mr Bungle
03-26-2011, 06:33 AM
It's funny. I got into two different games with the same people and the first time, I got revived but my character wouldn't move and he just spun on the floor everytime I tried to move. The second time after I got revived, I just stood there running on the spot.

T'was funny.

The Nonexistenc
03-26-2011, 12:04 PM
It's funny. I got into two different games with the same people and the first time, I got revived but my character wouldn't move and he just spun on the floor everytime I tried to move. The second time after I got revived, I just stood there running on the spot.

T'was funny.

That happened to me too. I was playing on the 1st level in the hotel when I got downed. They supposedly revived me, but I was stuck. I could shoot my proton stream, but I spun on the floor.

My teammates started shooting at me after that...

General Boredom
03-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Yup, keeps happening to me as well. It's pretty pathetic that even though there aren't many people playing, that the game is unplayable online.

Darth Craigus
03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
The spinning on the floor trick happened to both me and my mate a couple of times last night - had to back out and restart the level. I hope this gets fixed soon as it definitely makes the game unplayable.

LethalEdge
03-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Whenever I get into a multiplayer game, the first level played is fine but after that it gets really laggy for some reason.

sphinx84
03-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I found that most levels were ok, til I get to level 10, then at the point where all the slime hands are the game goes to s**t completely, the AI are too stupid to keep trying offline, sick of seeing them run around in circles not knowing what, a few major flaws ruined this for me

Madfrog0
03-27-2011, 03:27 AM
the online lag is horrid. always had lag in every game i tried so far.

bob101910
03-28-2011, 01:22 AM
I didn't beat the game online, but got to level 10 with a group of 4. Me, 2 friends, and a random. No lag.

Deadly Moves
03-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Ive only played online about 3-4 times with randoms.. But it was perfectly fine every time.

The Nonexistenc
03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
When I played tonight, I noticed that at 3 players, the lag isn't too bad. At 4 players though, there'd be one unlucky sap who'd be lagging behind.

There was one point in lvl 10 when one guy was basically running in place, but warping spot to spot. Even when the room was cleared, he'd be shooting at something. The other 3 (including me) would be running to the next room, but he'd be fighting zombies that were already killed by the rest of us. The lag was so bad that he got SLIMED by blue zombies that were killed a good 3-4 minutes ago.