PDA

View Full Version : 8 tourneys in....

ajennice
03-26-2011, 05:06 AM
I hate the putting. I'll have a straight in putt from 10 ft. Line it up perfectly using the LB to show my line. Hit the sweet spoty and go straight up... I'll miss the putt tot he side by inches and then be left with a 20 footer back up.....

As in all the TW games the approach angle sucks as well. You'll have a flat lie to a flat green with no elevation change, no wind and you'll have a club right itneh center of the cup (at 100% strength). A basica 100% swing will get you in or close... NOPE.. hit 100% and you can fly the flag by 10 yards or come up 10 yds short... And since you never see where the ball could land you spin it wildly thinking to run/pull the ball and the bal lands to where what you're doing makes it a worse shot.

All in all, i'm still having fun with it. Puttin on Agusta was rough. I liked the Agusta par 3 challenge so far the most.
I like the added sponsor challenges, and the course mastery challenges.
Can't wait to get online once it's officially released. ( and no it's not a pirated game... got it from the store I work at). Actualy a few stores inthis area have it out already (walmart, target, meijer)

ajennice
03-26-2011, 05:12 AM
forgot to mention... you have to buy some of the courses for seasonal play. IF not, you'll have to skip those ones and play the folowing ones.
Thanks EA... you could of at least made the game 100% playable right off the bat without having to spend anymore than the 60 shelled out for the game itself.

xxLAMBZxx
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I can believe you have to pay for some courses for season play that's a joke.

ckleckner
03-26-2011, 08:31 PM
i also hate that about putting its crazy and i also hate the fact u cant only use putt preview once.

Philip1979
03-28-2011, 11:18 AM
forgot to mention... you have to buy some of the courses for seasonal play. IF not, you'll have to skip those ones and play the folowing ones.
Thanks EA... you could of at least made the game 100% playable right off the bat without having to spend anymore than the 60 shelled out for the game itself.
That is very poor from EA; do you not having these courses affect any achievements you can get?

I see there is one for Mastering 16 courses....is there 16 default courses within the game itself?

ajennice
03-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I honestly do not think there are 16 courses.....
I never looked at the cheive then counted the courses........

I'm going to say there aren't 16 by just how fast the season went by.......

Philip1979
03-28-2011, 11:49 AM
If you have the game are you able to look through and count how many there are?

Appriciate any time taken to help out in this matter!

ajennice
03-28-2011, 12:17 PM
From memory... gotta go to work adn can't fire up game (will verify when i get home tho)

Whistling Staits
Agusta
Aguast par 3 (counts as you can master this one)
Pebble bch
TPC San Antonio
TPC Sawgrass
TPC Scottsdale
Costa naravino
Royal Melbourne
Celtic manor
East Lake
Greenbrier
Liberty national
St Andrews
Waiklae (spelling)
Atlanta athletic club

16 on the nose....I think those are it....minus any DLC (tpc at Dubai-els coruse, predator, doral, and one other)

PLS feel free to fill in the blanks if I missed one.

tazmad
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks so much for the info on this, I can't believe you not only have to pay for online pass (if you buy secondhand) but also part of the game. It really doesn't affect me to much.

Really can't wait to play this on Wednesday for 5 days solid

LOKIkillsALL
03-28-2011, 12:53 PM
That is pretty weak sauce EA. Those courses which you conveniently left out should be at least a free DLC pack to everyone who is buying this game new. Why not include a DLC code with all new versions? Crap like this is what keeps me from spending any extra $$$ on EA games.

Philip1979
03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
From memory... gotta go to work adn can't fire up game (will verify when i get home tho)

Whistling Staits
Agusta
Aguast par 3 (counts as you can master this one)
Pebble bch
TPC San Antonio
TPC Sawgrass
TPC Scottsdale
Costa naravino
Royal Melbourne
Celtic manor
East Lake
Greenbrier
Liberty national
St Andrews
Waiklae (spelling)
Atlanta athletic club

16 on the nose....I think those are it....minus any DLC (tpc at Dubai-els coruse, predator, doral, and one other)

PLS feel free to fill in the blanks if I missed one.
Thanks for taking the time to do that list!

Stewie Griffin2
03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
So, no Bay Hill, Bethpage or Torrey Pines? That's bullshit.

Turbo VDuB 44
03-29-2011, 01:12 AM

Agreed. Those are some of the best courses. I can't wait to get the game but wtf EA...

kahluafan
03-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Agreed. Those are some of the best courses. I can't wait to get the game but wtf EA...

Collector's Edition includes 3 more courses.

SweetBlackMagic
03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Collector's Edition includes 3 more courses.

The CE is only available for PS3...so even more bullS&(#t from EA.

SweetBlackMagic
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
LOL...I just checked the Marketplace. They have an "Eagle" and "Birdie" combo pack that will get you all available courses...for the low, low cost of 2800 and 1200 points, respectively($50 total). What a joke. Sure, EA...I'll just pay you $100 to enjoy the complete game experience this year.

Maybe I'll just return mine when it arrives from Amazon today.

JCA1567
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Bethpage came with the came if you pre-ordered. I have it.

JCA1567
03-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Bethpage came with the came if you pre-ordered. I have it. And if you look on screen it tells you how many courses are available to play. I have 19

NJAM14Titleist
03-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Bethpage came with the came if you pre-ordered. I have it. And if you look on screen it tells you how many courses are available to play. I have 19

Yeah I'm picking up my copy in a few minutes. Gamestop will give you a code if you pre-ordered for Bethpage Black.

ghost2112
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm glad I read this before purchasing. I still have a lot of fun with 11, so I think I'll skip this one. I don't have that big of a hard on to play Augusta. Besides, it's the suckers that happily spread cheeks for EA c*ck and stand for this type of garbage that allow EA to continue to find new and more extreme ways to screw over the consumer. If people would just stand up to them for one year and say "No! I'm not buying your overpriced and incomplete garbage." then this sh*t would change really quick.

ajennice
03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
the pisser is with having Bethpage black from apre-order, is that you may not find any mates that have it as well if wanting to play online.

I had to have it as I've played the actual couse before as well as TPC sawgrass, bay hill, and doral.. Believe me I play them better on here than in person..LOL

JCA1567
03-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Why is everyone whining? I mean how do you expect EA to make money besides keeping some courses aside for DLC. Besides, did it occur to y'all that perhaps they fit all they could on the one disc? Call it what you want, but I'm an avid golfer and golf fan so I'll be buying the dlc. You're getting 19 more courses for $10 less than the actual game with 16 ( 19 if you pre-ordered )

ajennice
03-30-2011, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't consider it whinning. EA had the DLC out before the release of the game. That's crappy.
There is PLENTY of room on the disk for the extra holes. All I would of asked for is to have every TOUR location included. The other ones would be considered "not necessary". I see the tour stops as something that the game should include.

Would you be upset if you forked out cash for (let's say" reach and it only had 1 online map included and you had to buy the ones [that came with the game].

Or.. buy a madden game and it not have the superbowl???

ghost2112
03-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Why is everyone whining? I mean how do you expect EA to make money besides keeping some courses aside for DLC. Besides, did it occur to y'all that perhaps they fit all they could on the one disc? Call it what you want, but I'm an avid golfer and golf fan so I'll be buying the dlc. You're getting 19 more courses for $10 less than the actual game with 16 ( 19 if you pre-ordered )

LOL! It's not whining to have the basic common sense to see a good screwing when it's coming your way. This is something you obviously lack, so have at it. If you believe that you are on the receiving end of a super deal...lol...then knock yourself out champ. Me, if I really want to play it, I'll just Gamefly it and pass on the EA grease job.

Philip1979
03-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey if anyone gets an extra pre-order code for a free course and don't need it please pass onto myself! ;)

turkeyfly
03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Bethpage was a Gamestop pre order bonus. PS3 got a different course.

JCA1567
03-30-2011, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't consider it whinning. EA had the DLC out before the release of the game. That's crappy.
There is PLENTY of room on the disk for the extra holes. All I would of asked for is to have every TOUR location included. The other ones would be considered "not necessary". I see the tour stops as something that the game should include.

Would you be upset if you forked out cash for (let's say" reach and it only had 1 online map included and you had to buy the ones [that came with the game].

Or.. buy a madden game and it not have the superbowl???

How do you know there's plenty of extra room for all the tour stops? Have you really considered that 50+ courses on 1 disc is asking a lot? At the person saying I lack common sense. Let just say I make up for it in patience.

Goots 88
03-30-2011, 07:45 PM
What is everyone complaining about. No ones making you buy the DLC. All are still able to get 100% achievements without downloading any extra courses. I personally downloaded the Eagle Pack. The way I see it is I'm purchasing an entirely separate game. I thinks it's awesome how they are incorporating the DLC courses into the Season Mode. 3 years ago they only had 8 courses. Now they doubled it and are allowing those who live the game to expand their course library even more. If your a a huge Tiger fan, like my friends and I. The Eagle Pack is a steal. Been playing Tiger since the PC days. And every year gets better (minus annoying caddie), but extremely realistic. Not only do you improve but so does your caddie. Genius. Good work EA.

NJAM14Titleist
03-30-2011, 08:46 PM
What is everyone complaining about. No ones making you buy the DLC. All are still able to get 100% achievements without downloading any extra courses. I personally downloaded the Eagle Pack. The way I see it is I'm purchasing an entirely separate game. I thinks it's awesome how they are incorporating the DLC courses into the Season Mode. 3 years ago they only had 8 courses. Now they doubled it and are allowing those who live the game to expand their course library even more. If your a a huge Tiger fan, like my friends and I. The Eagle Pack is a steal. Been playing Tiger since the PC days. And every year gets better (minus annoying caddie), but extremely realistic. Not only do you improve but so does your caddie. Genius. Good work EA.

How much was the Eagle Pack?

Goots 88
03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
How much was the Eagle Pack?

2800 MSP. IMO, completely worth it. Especially since you can now use the DLC in the RTTM.

ghost2112
03-30-2011, 09:31 PM

So is it like last years, where you have everything you need in game to complete it and get the 1000g? If that's the case, then I'm fine with that because you can elect whether or not you want to add the additional courses. However, I have read, I think on IGN where completing certain modes of the game (i.e. PGA tour) are tied to having certain DLC courses in order to complete the full season. If that's the case, than that is b*shit, and indeed, the screw job of a lifetime. If I have to skip events during my PGA tour year, because the course is not included in the game, than that's a complete scam. Period. Regardless, of how many times you pat EA on the back. If that's incorrect, than I have no problem.

Not specifically aimed at Goots, but speaking in general:

Who really gives a f*ck if they all fit on one disc? Which they would. But let's play devils advocate and say they actually didn't. Put it on two!!! Many games like Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect 2 did it. They didn't seem to have any problems charging 59.99 for the game. Not to mention, many GOTY and even early versions of Tiger Woods on the PC came with 2 discs. I mean, let's call a spade a spade here. EA's objective is to extract as much money out of the consumer as possible. If you don't see that, then I have a real nice bridge I'd like to sell you.

Goots 88
03-30-2011, 10:18 PM
So is it like last years, where you have everything you need in game to complete it and get the 1000g? If that's the case, then I'm fine with that because you can elect whether or not you want to add the additional courses. However, I have read, I think on IGN where completing certain modes of the game (i.e. PGA tour) are tied to having certain DLC courses in order to complete the full season. If that's the case, than that is b*shit, and indeed, the screw job of a lifetime. If I have to skip events during my PGA tour year, because the course is not included in the game, than that's a complete scam. Period. Regardless, of how many times you pat EA on the back. If that's incorrect, than I have no problem.

Not specifically aimed at Goots, but speaking in general:

Who really gives a f*ck if they all fit on one disc? Which they would. But let's play devils advocate and say they actually didn't. Put it on two!!! Many games like Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect 2 did it. They didn't seem to have any problems charging 59.99 for the game. Not to mention, many GOTY and even early versions of Tiger Woods on the PC came with 2 discs. I mean, let's call a spade a spade here. EA's objective is to extract as much money out of the consumer as possible. If you don't see that, then I have a real nice bridge I'd like to sell you.

Everything you need to complete the 1000g is in game. I'll say it again, no DLC needed. Could it possibly make it easier by getting a more easy course like Wolf Creek to master than any of the originals, true. And just to clarify the whole game. During season mode, just like in real golf, if anyone on here actually follows the PGA, you can opt of of certain tournaments. Those tournaments that you "opt" out of, just so happen to be a DLC course. At the given week in your career you will be given the option to download that DLC course to play that weeks tournament or skip (opt out). I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. If anything it adds more realism to the game. If you don't want to pay anymore money to the evil "EA" then simply buy the game play it, get your achievements and trade it in. I, on the other hand would like to play as many of the courses as possible. They are giving you the option. Take it or leave it. It's nice to be able to have 30 courses to choose from and now especially more variety in a season instead of the same course 5 times in a season.

SweetBlackMagic
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I think it's obvious to most people that it's nothing more than a blatant money grab by EA. They've been doing it for years now. Remember last year when they implemented the online code system? That meant if you sold it or traded it in, the next "owner" had to buy another pass. That's just lame...and I guarantee you it cost them some casual TW fans.

I really only bought it this year so I could finally play an "approved" simulation of Augusta. I've been a video golf player for years...back to the PC days of "Links," and never has their been a true version of Augusta available. So just having that course is almost worth the price of admission for me.

However, that doesn't prevent me from getting pissed off at buying courses that could have fit on the disc anyway. And why the hell are two of the courses 560 points instead of 320? I've played Greek Isles before on the PC (which was...gasp...FREE), and see no reason why it costs almost double the other courses. I guess the Dubai course costs more because everything is expensive there :)

The bottom line is that EA is starting to alienate even its hardcore fans with this kind of crap. And it takes some serious balls to do this in the current economic climate. I'm sure they paid Augusta National a fortune for the rights to the course, so maybe they need the money and overpriced DLC is the only way to get it.

And while shelling out $30 bucks for a few courses might be worth it to some, I promise those people are part of a VERY small minority. Half the price of the full game for a few more courses? If they had added cheevs specific to some of the DLC courses, that's one thing. Highway robbery is another.

NJAM14Titleist
03-30-2011, 11:24 PM
2800 MSP. IMO, completely worth it. Especially since you can now use the DLC in the RTTM.

Ok, Thanks.

JCA1567
03-30-2011, 11:45 PM
And while shelling out $30 bucks for a few courses might be worth it to some, I promise those people are part of a VERY small minority. Half the price of the full game for a few more courses? If they had added cheevs specific to some of the DLC courses, that's one thing. Highway robbery is another.

It's not a few courses its another 14....you know like the game comes with standard if you didn't pre-order. So you're getting a whole new game for 30 instead of 60.

SweetBlackMagic
03-31-2011, 12:12 AM
It's not a few courses its another 14....you know like the game comes with standard if you didn't pre-order. So you're getting a whole new game for 30 instead of 60.

It might be double the courses, but I would stop short of calling it a "whole new game." There's no new gameplay elements introduced, or golfers, or equipment, or achievments...just more courses.

It's cool that you are enjoying the Eagle pack. I just feel you are part of a small collection of players who are willing to pay that much for it.

Out of curiosity, how are the Sheshan are The Els Club? What about the Fantasy Course ports? Leave it up to EA to not even provide screenshots for any of the courses...lol.

ajennice
03-31-2011, 04:59 AM
I bought them all. I figure this will be "the golf game" till the next TW comes out, I amy as well endulge on having a ton of courses and not getting burout.

Also the season incorperates these new courses into the schedule. So you'll never have the same line up from year to year

ghost2112
03-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Cool. When I get around to it, I'll gamefly it rather than buy it this year, get my 1000g in a week or two, and then go back to enjoying 2011. I'm fairly certain more people will do this rather than fork out almost 100 bucks for a more "realistic" experience or a Tiger plus a "whole new game." LOL

As for EA being "evil" I play plenty of EA games, Not to mention, own quite a few. But a screw job, is a screw job, is a screw job. Period. And there is not a single compelling argument that can be made by anyone here on EA's behalf to persuade an intelligent, fiscally responsible consumer, with a grain of common sense, otherwise.

Enjoy the game everyone! :D

xbfrittsox360
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
This is the first TW game I'm buying in years and I'll probably keep playing this one for a long time, so I'll probably get both packs but I think it's reasonable for someone that will play like me. If someone gets this game on a yearly basis, then yea the extra 50 bucks for a game you will only get a year of play time out of is lame. But the Eagle Pack includes Emerald Dragon and Greek Isles from TW '05 (possibly other years but I distinctly remember them from that year), and those courses were a blast! But also really difficult.

LOKIkillsALL
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
The fact that there are more DLC courses than there are in the game is complete bullshit. EA can kiss my ass