PDA

View Full Version : Gamepro confirms first DLC Characters (Spoilers)

BlindxLink
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
"US gaming magazine, GamePro have run a feature in their May 2011 issue on the first three kombatants to arrive post-release in the form of Downloadable Content.

This first batch of DLC comprises of the Tiger-Shokan, Kintaro, mysterious Femme-Fatale Lady In Red [Skarlett?] and the Blind-Swordsman, Kenshi."

Weird, I thought Kintaro was already in the game?

Not a big fan of Kenshi or Skarlett, I would have rather had Rain than either of those. I'm sure this will make some people happy that Kenshi is in it though.

Source:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=133358

Annalie
03-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Nice, more characters :)

TEBellant
03-27-2011, 01:29 AM
I dont trust this...Kintaro is already on the disc with a bio and everything and Warner Bros said they wouldnt pull that shit like MvC3. Kenshi is a little believable cause he was one of the 5 characters Ed Boon asked about in his twitter taking votes on which characters to add(Kenshi, Robo-Smoke, Rain, Shinnok, and Tanya). Skarlett....Idk don't really care much for a new character. All 4 of mine are confirmed so I'm good. :Bounce: So overall I'm just gonna wait cause I refuse to believe this is the dlc.

Pieville
03-27-2011, 04:42 AM
This seems to be a bit dodgy, Kintaro's supposed to be in the game.
And if the DLC is just some bullshit meant to make him playable, that's just crap.

Though Kenshi sounds nice.

Ceejus
03-27-2011, 05:09 AM
I'd be upset if this were true. Kintaro is already supposed to be on the disc, as is Skarlet (if Lupinko's rumors were true). As for Kenshi, please. He's post-Trilogy, he doesn't belong in a game with the legends from the good old days. It would be a total slap in the face to put friggin' Kenshi in the game before Rain and Motaro.

TEBellant
03-27-2011, 05:44 AM
I'd be upset if this were true. Kintaro is already supposed to be on the disc, as is Skarlet (if Lupinko's rumors were true). As for Kenshi, please. He's post-Trilogy, he doesn't belong in a game with the legends from the good old days. It would be a total slap in the face to put friggin' Kenshi in the game before Rain and Motaro.

Exactly...Kenshi is a bitch and if they do include him he can't have telekinesis cause Ermac was the one who taught him that post-Trilogy as well. Fucking Ed Boon better not of buckled to Warner Bros greediness. Though all evidence points to he already has(Ps3 >.>):(

GHLougar
03-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Wierd how Kintaro had to be DLC content...as much as I like Kenshi, I hope he doesn't play much the same as Ermac. Either way I'm still buying the DLC. Well, first I have to get the game, of course...:P

Pieville
03-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Exactly...Kenshi is a bitch and if they do include him he can't have telekinesis cause Ermac was the one who taught him that post-Trilogy as well. Fucking Ed Boon better not of buckled to Warner Bros greediness. Though all evidence points to he already has(Ps3 >.>):(

I never even thought about that, Kenshi has to stay out now. It would make no sense to have him in. Rain needs to be the first DLC character!

Vulger Spartan
03-27-2011, 06:17 AM
I hope its the original concept art for Kintaro with the Tiger head & only 2 arms. I think he had a white top like Baraka or some shirt. It was a cool design. but its probably just regular Kintaro

thereefernander
03-27-2011, 06:19 AM
KENSHI!!! (caps)

Spankerr
03-27-2011, 06:28 AM
What a joke. Only characters who were introduced on the 2D fighting plane should be it it.

gregb1987
03-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Im really sick and tired of people complaining over the DLC, first off Kenshi isnt going to part of the original game, he is gonna be part of the dlc, if you all dont wanna play as him then dont buy him, simple as that, we should all be lucky we are even getting a new MK, you all need to quit ur dam whining and be happy

lich123
03-27-2011, 11:59 AM
good agree more with you gregb1987, if you dont like him being in the game just dont buy the DLC pack.

Vulger Spartan
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
After Sub-Zero's Robo/Cyber Rumor Here's another Confirmed DLC Sub-Zero Variation from GamePro!
VS Picture!
Don't Worry Not a Real Spoiler lol

SUB-SONYA
http://home.comcast.net/%7Espitfire879/graphics/subsonya.jpg
Ah, Sarcasm... I know it Well.

KillerChris8814
03-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Im really sick and tired of people complaining over the DLC, first off Kenshi isnt going to part of the original game, he is gonna be part of the dlc, if you all dont wanna play as him then dont buy him, simple as that, we should all be lucky we are even getting a new MK, you all need to quit ur dam whining and be happy

The main complaint against Kenshi is that this game is supposed to span just the first three Mortal Kombats timeline and he wasn't in any of those, and has nothing to do with them.

Belmont360
03-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Image of the article from the new gamepro issue confirming the dlc

http://shoryuken.com/content/mortal-kombat-9-first-round-dlc-characters-4022/