PDA

View Full Version : Help with space mission

tigersrule
03-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Rishi Moon space mission. It's the one where you have to get studs from those damn gold flying things. Whenever I start to shoot at one, they all surround me and it ends up getting away. I can only get it around half way full before the time runs out. Is there some way of easily beating it?

chunklavins
03-27-2011, 09:30 AM
me too, it is hugely frustrating, especially since it is the last gold brick i need and the only thing keeping me from 100%!!

jagiber85
03-27-2011, 10:29 AM
I used a second player and it still took us a couple of trys.

Delta07
04-01-2011, 02:09 AM
I used two players. One player gets on a turret in one of the capitol ships (in my instance, it was the Separatist ship) and the other player gets in the Halo and goes into space to activate the space battle. I didn't have a second person to use the other controller, so I would fly the Halo around to stir up the golden flying things and then switch over to the turret to blast 'em while they were in range. I got it after my second try using this method, but just barely. They stayed out of range most of the time, but where they are might depend on the location of the Halo. From the view of the Sep turret, they seem to either flock near the Republic ship, or follow around whoever is out in space; it's hard to tell. I don't know whether or not it's easier to do this from the Republic capital ship. There was no way I was going to play that mission again.

Jaimo87
04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I used two players. One player gets on a turret in one of the capitol ships (in my instance, it was the Separatist ship) and the other player gets in the Halo and goes into space to activate the space battle. I didn't have a second person to use the other controller, so I would fly the Halo around to stir up the golden flying things and then switch over to the turret to blast 'em while they were in range. I got it after my second try using this method, but just barely. They stayed out of range most of the time, but where they are might depend on the location of the Halo. From the view of the Sep turret, they seem to either flock near the Republic ship, or follow around whoever is out in space; it's hard to tell. I don't know whether or not it's easier to do this from the Republic capital ship. There was no way I was going to play that mission again.

You are the smartest person I know! Done it with over a minute left thanks to you. I suggest using the republic ship though cause there's two birds that always fly infront of u ( turret to the right ).
Thanks again!

Corhrtz
04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
You are the smartest person I know! Done it with over a minute left thanks to you. I suggest using the republic ship though cause there's two birds that always fly infront of u ( turret to the right ).
Thanks again!

I got it this way as well, but my fear is this will have an effect on the 100% gold bricks (single player only). Does anyone know for sure?

capthorp
04-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I just did 3 of them this way and they count and total up ok from what I can see...

redsales
04-04-2011, 05:22 AM
I got it this way as well, but my fear is this will have an effect on the 100% gold bricks (single player only). Does anyone know for sure?

I did this for two of the gold brick space missions, and the gold brick 100% achievement still unlocked for me. In both cases, I didn't sign a profile into the second controller, and dropped the dummy controller out once the shooting started, simply to get a full screen to shoot at instead of a half.

BTW: OP, thanks for posting this solution. I'm so solipsistic that I never would've considering using another person/controller.

Aki2403
04-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Thank you SO MUCH, I've finally got my last space battle done (Rishi moon), the maddening thing is, with this method I managed it in about half the time you get given.

Howie B 00
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM

many thanx

paraffin
04-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Awesome advice on using the turrets. Tried about 20 times without and never got closer than 80% of the way there. Did it easily using a 2nd player on a turret. Thanks for the help.