PDA

View Full Version : Mission 11 Tips?

Samurai Kadaj
03-27-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm stuck on mission 11 in which the Acropolis is refueling in a pink atmosphere. Every time I attempt this mission on hard, the Acropolis gets shot down because I just get absolutely swarmed with enemies. I can't stop the Acropolis from getting pounded because I can't kill the vast number of enemies fast enough. Is there a carrier that I can shoot down to reduce the number of enemy spawns or something?

Karumph
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I had to keep retrying this mission as well. What worked for me was to focus on the GARGANTUAN ships. They're the ones doing the most damage to the Acropolis. After killing a group of GARGANTUAN ships, the game will target some TURRETPLUS ships. I would then manually locate and target more GARGANTUAN ships. I used Long Spear for main weapon 3 and the Rapier to finish off weaked ones since it has homing bullets. Thrush 220 from the first extra mission or the Condor 105 should work as well. Part two of this mission has you taking down warships, so be sure to bring anti-ship weapons as well.

I have never found a carrier on this part, but there is a carrier hidden in the second part.

Samurai Kadaj
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
That didn't seem to help any...

This mission is just crap. I'll have to try and get the Thrush and see if its any better than the Condor.

EDIT: The Thrush is much better than the Condor! It doesn't take time for the missles to split, they can target both fighters and ships, and they have a much shorter reload time! Was finally able to finish this mission. Thanks!