PDA

View Full Version : Cannot sign into xboxlive

SamAttwood92
03-27-2011, 10:25 AM
I have recently tried to sign in on xboxlive this morning. I have tested my connection to see if there is a break in the chain from my end but everything seems to be fine, I have also proceeded to check my hotmail and I cannot access that either. Is microsofts services down or is there something wrong with my connection. If anyone has any information about this problem or is having the same problems I would appreciate if you could help me. Thanks :)

McGoogles
03-27-2011, 10:34 AM
It's working fine for me at the moment.

Try deleting your account from your hard drive and recover it. If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache and signing in again.

SamAttwood92
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks buddy, i don't think it's to do with my internet itself because other websites are working correctly. I tried to recover my account but the sign in circle times itself out :/. i'll try clearing the system chache and see what happens.

CJLewis
03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm havin the same problem. Hopefully it'll sort itself over time.

SamAttwood92
03-27-2011, 10:41 AM
I've cleared out my cache and it still seems to persist.

RadiantViper
03-27-2011, 10:42 AM
For future reference:

support.xbox.com/pages/xbox-live/xbox-live-status.aspx

It says there may be problems with using license transfers but that's about it. I find that sometimes Xbox Live just does this from short amounts of time, hopefully everything will be working for you soon.

McGoogles
03-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Since you two are coincidentally from the UK I'm presuming the servers are down for that area as of now.

Give it an hour or two and see how things turn out.

CJLewis
03-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Aye, jus lettin time tick over. Crack on with some single player OOSH

SamAttwood92
03-27-2011, 10:50 AM
yeahh maybe, I was reading up on something as stupid as it sounds something to with "Earth Day". Maybe xbox live have took the service down because in the uk it turns to british summer time today and they might have done something to do with that. As stupid as it sounds that could be a possibility?

Seddo
03-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah just checked and Xbox Live, xbox.com and Hotmail are all down for me.

Seraph Xii
03-27-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm also from the UK and have the same problem. It says I'm connected to the internet, just not XBL.

Also says to check my MTU settings and how they should be over 1350 or something, but it's currently 1500 so that's fine. Forwarded all ports through my router and firewall and I have an open NAT etc... so it's obviously XBL itself and I assume it'll sort itself out soon, I'm also having problems with Xbox.com and the Xbox forums/support pages aren't loading at all.

I M1K3Y B I
03-27-2011, 11:09 AM
All down for me too.

This sucks :(

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I was looking forward to a bit of cod today aswell and they lay this shit on me haha. Microsoft have had a mare on this one!

master_shake_350
03-27-2011, 11:33 AM
It's working fine for me at the moment.

Try deleting your account from your hard drive and recover it. If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache and signing in again.

Anyone know why this process takes so long? 15 minutes and its gone no where!

And yes I had problems signing in on live!

Evo Kazz
03-27-2011, 11:35 AM
XBOX.com is giving my virus alerts since the past hour, with Avast reporting a trojan horse from the site, also my dashboard says some content is temp unavailable.

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
my dashboard was saying that xbox live content was unavailable last night constantly I just thought that my connection was playing up though..

Evo Kazz
03-27-2011, 11:44 AM
my dashboard was saying that xbox live content was unavailable last night constantly I just thought that my connection was playing up though..

Yeah, come to think of it, mine was as well. Later in the evening. It's this malware warning thats bothering me.

EDIT: Just done a check and it is only XBOX UK it seems, the USA site loads fine with no warning.

Olijba
03-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Got nothing here either. When doing the connection test it seems to vary in problems and solutions (everything to MUCP to rebooting the router to "unknown").

And here I was ready to lift my Crysis 2 curse... :(

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah, come to think of it, mine was as well. Later in the evening. It's this malware warning thats bothering me.

EDIT: Just done a check and it is only XBOX UK it seems, the USA site loads fine with no warning.

My xbox.com won't even load up at all so i think that the whole service might be down for multiple users. It's strange though but a few of my friends just told me that they are online and being able to play. But if you are getting malware warnings I am kinda glad I can't sign on to live incase you get a virus through.

Mr Bungle
03-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Hopefully things work asap!

Swaggatron83
03-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Also can't sign in:(

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 12:01 PM
got this playing test drive 2 i thought it was just there servers playing about (as usual), so i thought ild try another game, went onto Fifa 11 same problem persisted.

Im on SKY broadband, rang my mate who is on virgin who lives up the road and his is fine, who is everybody else with?

Regards
Dave

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Im on SKY broadband, rang my mate who is on virgin who lives up the road and his is fine, who is everybody else with?

I am also on SKY broadband myself so maybe it may be something to with SKY's behalf?

Seraph Xii
03-27-2011, 12:06 PM
got this playing test drive 2 i thought it was just there servers playing about (as usual), so i thought ild try another game, went onto Fifa 11 same problem persisted.

Regards
Dave

Well I'm with sky but I doubt it's our ISPs that's the problem.

BIG G4984
03-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Mines messed up too and i'm also with Sky.

Xbox.com won't load for me either but Hotmail does.

I can still use my Laptop and 3DS over wireless but not my xbox. I've read a few forums on other sites and it seams we're not the only ones. Hopefully it'll sort out soon.

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 12:12 PM
I am also on SKY broadband myself so maybe it may be something to with SKY's behalf?
you from manchester??

maybe the region is down im only 20miles from manchester

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
has to be SKY broadband then, bet its something to do with the clocks changing?

thats 4 ppl on sky having the problem :S

Swaggatron83
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm on a polish ISP, my friend who also has the same connection cannot sign either. Other friend is online but he has a different provider.

I'm puzzled.

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
you from manchester??

maybe the region is down im only 20miles from manchester

I'm from the midlands buddy

Evo Kazz
03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I am from Manchester and with Sky Broadband. But I can't see it being ISP related as most of my websites work fine. Is anyone else getting the malware warning on your systems security? (PC).

I am also about 20 miles from Manchester

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 12:16 PM
has to be SKY broadband then, bet its something to do with the clocks changing?

thats 4 ppl on sky having the problem :S

I read somewhere on a website about things going off to do with "earth day" and the britsh summer time coming into effect, i know it sounds stupid but maybe this might have a little something to do with it?

BIG G4984
03-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm from Rochdale pal. Heard of others on other providers but Sky is the one that's been mentioned a lot. Dunno why it's affected just xbox live and xbox.com but nothing else

BIG G4984
03-27-2011, 12:18 PM
I read somewhere on a website about things going off to do with "earth day" and the britsh summer time coming into effect, i know it sounds stupid but maybe this might have a little something to do with it?

I doubt that but if it is then I think it's bollocks. I mean, we should get a say in whether we want to take part or not.

Evo Kazz
03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm from Rochdale pal. Heard of others on other providers but Sky is the one that's been mentioned a lot. Dunno why it's affected just xbox live and xbox.com but nothing else

Shit lol, I lived there all my life, my condolences lol. I am now in Bury!

BIG G4984
03-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Shit lol, I lived there all my life, my condolences lol. I am now in Bury!

That's worse. HAHAHA!

Evo Kazz
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
That's worse. HAHAHA!

LOL. I used to love Rochdale, but it's gone to shit big time

BIG G4984
03-27-2011, 12:25 PM
LOL. I used to love Rochdale, but it's gone to shit big time

Couldn't agree more.

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 12:25 PM
down for a few hours now....Im also with SKY..Anyone can't connect from the uk with any other ISP?

fanlb1
03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
down for a few hours now....Im also with SKY..Anyone can't connect from the uk with any other ISP?

yeah me and im on o2 broadband

[Waggly Bean]
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Yep, just wasted the best part of an hour thinking it was something to do with my router and trying resets, logging into the box and changing settings etc.

If only I'd of checked here straight away! :o

Funny that it says about the MTU settings, you'd think it would just say Xbox Live is down. That would make the most sense, and would of meant I wouldn't have wasted a bit of my time on it today! :(

EDIT: Oh and I'm also on O2, although I really doubt that matters tbh - I'm sure it's a regional problem by the looks.

Seraph Xii
03-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Hmmm, seems a lot of the issue comes from people in the midlands, I'm in the east midlands and see a few people from the west midlands here.

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 12:29 PM
No official word after a few hours is very strange.

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm in Preston for the record

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 12:31 PM
im from st helens which is near liverpool so im not midlands

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Microsoft need to pull the finger out tbh, theres a lot of issues with the service on the hole. They should use this time to correct these problems, as in actual fact we exoerience them and report them but they dont do nothing about them because they get our money. Half hearted updates if you ask me...

Seraph Xii
03-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Not great with geography, is that in the midlands too?

Seddo
03-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm in the North West of England too, i'm with O2 broadband.

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Preston's in the north west....Anyone from southern UK Down? Or scotland?

BIG G4984
03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Preston is near Blackpool. North west of England. I'm in Rochdale which is near Manchester. I'd love to report the issue to Microsoft but due to the fact that xbox.com won't even load up on my computer....................AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGG GGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

CJLewis
03-27-2011, 12:37 PM
North East, 15-20m out from Newcastle. O2, no hotmail, xbox.com or Live.

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 12:48 PM
deffo strange now u brought north east into it :S

maybe its just the north of england

k2345
03-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Im in preston aswell & it's workiing for me :)

Akki Kitsune
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Im in Devon also with SKY broadband and all windows live sites dont seem to be working properly on my laptop.
My xbox gives an ICMP error, and my win7 phone asks if airplane mode is on (and it aint) when I go onto the xbox live section but still loads the other web pages fine.

BattFink!
03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm down in Sussex, and cannot connect to live.

I get a "Your console can connect to Xbox LIVE, but your router or gateway isn't properly responding to ICMP responses." message when I do a connection test.

On O2 broadband, have tried two different routers (the O2 one and my Linksys one) and also an ADSL modem with no luck.

Cannot access XBOX.com, in fact every MS (even microsoft.com) site seems to be slow or not working

homer09001
03-27-2011, 01:03 PM
North East with Sky, mines down currently :(

Lava Tonsil
03-27-2011, 01:12 PM
In Birmingham with Sky... and it's been down for half hour or so.
Irritating, i was just getting into a swagger on Rundown TDM.

BattFink!
03-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Right just tried, my XBOX on next door's talk talk connection... I can connect to Live fine.

Evo Kazz
03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Hmmmm might be Sky after all. But I dunno cos O2 users having issues. I bet its something to do with the clocks changing.

pete rax
03-27-2011, 01:28 PM
im in somerset and also on sky..... cant connest to XBL either

leemorgan978
03-27-2011, 01:56 PM
South Wales here with sky and can't connect.

daz343
03-27-2011, 01:59 PM
in bradford with sky cant connect must be a sky problem

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 02:02 PM
xbox.com and hotmail are working but still no luck the actual xbox.. SKY broadband you suckk!!

sharnOf TheDead
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
xbox.com and hotmail are working but still no luck the actual xbox.. SKY broadband you suckk!!

So does O2 i was online about 9.30 this morning went out, came back and it won't sign in and fails constantly!

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
So does O2 i was online about 9.30 this morning went out, came back and it won't sign in and fails constantly!
same mate, left my xbox on at 10am, was out for an hour, got back disconnected an nearlly cried coz i was half way through a bloody race :(

BattFink!
03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Strange thing now is that I can connect.. yet the moment I try and fire up any game it disconnects me again and won't reconnect until I go back to the dashboard :-(

l.maciver
03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
xbox live seems to be down, but after lookin at a comment above me, skybroadband does suck but i dont think its them...

this time...

Foxxy kyle
03-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Already 60+ replies after only 4 hours!

Shystie
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Yep, I'm on Be There (O2) and I can only access the dashboard online. Games and Xbox.com etc are all down.

Plym
03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm in Glasgow and can't connect through o2 Broadband.
Thank god for this thread, I was going insane!

xLsWx
03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Bolton, with Bethere and my xbox live has been going on and off all day as has MSN and Hotmail.

Currently none are working.

CarnageBarbie
03-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Sometimes you router has to be reset or its just complications with your NAT being open or closed. If thats so then just youtube how to fix it, sounds complicated but its a really easy process walk through

[Waggly Bean]
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Talking of it being down, I've been getting it a fair bit over the past few weeks where it pops up with an error where it says some features aren't available. When I look on the dash, I get 'My Xbox' and 'Friends', but not any of the Marketplace tabs like Game and Video. It normally sorts itself out if I leave it for a bit, but it's still a bit annoying.

Has anyone else being getting this too?

I'm just thinking about a few years back when there was a lot of disruption to the Live service and MS gave us Undertow for free for a limited time as way of an apology. Here's hoping for something similar this time around! ;)

Sometimes you router has to be reset or its just complications with your NAT being open or closed. If thats so then just youtube how to fix it, sounds complicated but its a really easy process walk through
By the amount of people affected, it's quite clearly not that this time.

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM

trust me its not tha dude :) it wudnt happen to over 30 odd ppl all on sky :S

Plym
03-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Sometimes you router has to be reset or its just complications with your NAT being open or closed. If thats so then just youtube how to fix it, sounds complicated but its a really easy process walk through There's nothing wrong with anyone's router, there's a problem with Microsoft UK. Nobody can sign on or go on X-Box.com.

xLsWx
03-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Have you actually bothered to read the thread???

Lava Tonsil
03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
;4111641']Talking of it being down, I've been getting it a fair bit over the past few weeks where it pops up with an error where it says some features aren't available. When I look on the dash, I get 'My Xbox' and 'Friends', but not any of the Marketplace tabs like Game and Video. It normally sorts itself out if I leave it for a bit, but it's still a bit annoying.

Has anyone else being getting this too?

I'm just thinking about a few years back when there was a lot of disruption to the Live service and MS gave us Undertow for free for a limited time as way of an apology. Here's hoping for something similar this time around! ;)

By the amount of people affected, it's quite clearly not that this time.
I've been getting that loads in the past few weeks, mainly when i go to dashboard or start it up, you're certainly not on your own!
Generally speaking the live service has been pretty slow recently for me. Whenever there's a new patch the game takes a lot longer before telling me, sometimes to the point where i start a game and during loading it signs me out and tells me there's an update.

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I've been getting that loads in the past few weeks, mainly when i go to dashboard or start it up, you're certainly not on your own!
Generally speaking the live service has been pretty slow recently for me. Whenever there's a new patch the game takes a lot longer before telling me, sometimes to the point where i start a game and during loading it signs me out and tells me there's an update.

That's so true. It used to be instant the update it's now a lot further along. Also gamerpics and friends lists take much longer.

farmeruk
03-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Could not get online,after restarting router 3 times I did play cod online for around 1 hour.left the room and come back 10th mins later and can't connect again.came here as xbox.con not working for me either.I am also on sky but I think that's irrelevant.so many people have sky ad u can get it for free .

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 03:48 PM
When live was first about there were no complications what so ever, over the years the service has started to depreciate in my eyes. What microsoft feel is good content for the consumer isn't really what I want to use, tbh for what we pay the service we all get is pretty shocking, the servers are poor for connecting to games downloads not showing up people getting banned for no reason. Just thinking about it gets me annoyed that we all spend so much money on a console for it to be thrown back in your face. It;s shocking really, for the last time the dashboard and eveything went down we was given undertow for free...not what I would like to be given tbh was a poor game. Microsoft need to book their ideas up as it is not fair the consumer..

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 03:58 PM

When live was first about there were no complications what so ever, over the years the service has started to depreciate in my eyes. What microsoft feel is good content for the consumer isn't really what I want to use, tbh for what we pay the service we all get is pretty shocking, the servers are poor for connecting to games downloads not showing up people getting banned for no reason. Just thinking about it gets me annoyed that we all spend so much money on a console for it to be thrown back in your face. It;s shocking really, for the last time the dashboard and eveything went down we was given undertow for free...not what I would like to be given tbh was a poor game. Microsoft need to book their ideas up as it is not fair the consumer..

Well don't buy there products then you muppet!

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Well don't buy there products then you muppet!

If you actually read the reply correctly I said live SERVICE, which comes with purchasing the membership...

BloodOnTheSound
03-27-2011, 04:09 PM
right me and two of my friends have the same problems with connecting to xbox live, we are all with sky broadband and all get the same errors, also we live near manchester. hopefully a fix comes soon as its a lazy sunday for fifa clubs!

JuSt BLaZe
03-27-2011, 04:11 PM
:wtfis wrong with XBL, dammit.

I'm from Germany (GMT+1), after 30 minutes still no luck. FIX IT!!!

St Helens RLFC
03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
right me and two of my friends have the same problems with connecting to xbox live, we are all with sky broadband and all get the same errors, also we live near manchester. hopefully a fix comes soon as its a lazy sunday for fifa clubs!

amen :drunk our ranks gonna drop rapidly :( HURRY UPPPPPP !!!!

Lucifer Adams
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm near Leeds in West Yorkshire, also on Sky. I was actually playing this morning when it disconnected me from live. I've not been able to back in since.

ManUnitedMad99
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I've just been able to sign into xbox live people and mine is working correctly now :) panic over!

VanBoon
03-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm back baby....:)

Plym
03-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I can now get on too.

[Waggly Bean]
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Yep finally back on here too. Looks like it's fixed... :)

TsarBlandi
03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
its been fixed, been like it for me today and im in Derby, only affec the UK

i read in a fair few places that they think that xbox live has been hacked http://www.gamebreakers.co/video-game-news.asp?article=172&Has%20Xbox%20Live%20Been%20Hacked?

i doubt it though, probably just something screwing up microsofts end

JuSt BLaZe
03-29-2011, 02:33 AM
WTFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I'm in the middle of a nice-quiet-working-perfectly boosting match & it's happening again...

:mad: :rant::chair

Damn you XboxLive

GMT +1 Germany