PDA

View Full Version : SuperSoldier -WAY TOO EASY!

solo07
03-28-2011, 02:23 AM
I'm on the 8th mission of something. Check this out, I've killed MAYBE 5 people. All you have to do is do a playthrough on normal/easy, get a shit ton of Ceph DNA or whatever and get the stealth updrade and the second armor upgrade and you can: run (not sprint) for a good minute and a half atleast which can get you around any firefight with ease and: allow you to recharge your entire energy bar in around 5 seconds in cover.

What does this mean? It means that all supersoldier turns into is stealth run from A to B, you may say, well, simply don't stealth! if you try combat even with the max armor last upgrade you literally will last maybe 10 seconds in a big firefight. Well Solo, now it sounds like your contradicting yourself saying non stealthing is too hard! No, I simply think there is no balance between stealth running through missions and actually killing people and they simply thought "harder difficulty well we'll just make it a 2 hit kill on you and call it a day" and what this does is take away from the tactical aspect that made crysis 1 so much fun. I actually had more of a challenge on my normal playthrough because you can actually fight and switch positions without fear of getting mowed down in half a second.
/rant, thoughts?

Zythn
03-28-2011, 02:55 AM
I think you have it all wrong. I am playing through supersoldier legit and am up to level 7 and I think I have only skipped out on one firefight because I kept killing masses of enemies in the same spot for almost 30 minutes. Yes, although you can basically sneak past most fights, you should play the game how you want to play it. Isn't that the point of a videogame? To entertain yourself with it as you see fit. If people want to skip out on half the fights, so be it. It doesn't affect my playing in any way.

Also, the whole "dying in half a second" stuff is crap. As I have mentioned before I am up to level 7 in the campaign legit on this difficulty, and have yet to die a total of 10 times so far. That is because I don't run in guns blazing everytime an enemy is in my sights. Supersoldier difficulty is actually VERY tactical when it comes down to it. Before I go into every fight I tag each enemy and tactical option I want to use, then I cloak into a good vantage point/defensive position and begin to use single shot weapons to pull off headshots like nobody's business. When enemies pinpoint your position and you start to get overwhelmed, use armor to get out of there while conserving health. Anyone who tries using armor to run in mindlessly is just going to watch the reload save screen a lot.

Basically, if you just take your time in each area, using armor when you start to get shot and using cloak to place yourself and change position when the enemies see you, you'll be fine. Overall I think that supersoldier difficulty is perfectly balanced and actually poses a challenge. If people want to just run past all the fun that the singleplayer has to offer on this difficulty; who cares? Leave people alone and let them play the game how they want to play it.

Steve007101
03-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Yeah super soldier was laughably easy with the stealth and movement energy reducers as well as the module that increases your energy regen time. My entire super soldier playthrough took maybe 3-4 hours tops and I killed roughly 20 enemies because of mandatory hold position firefights. Being stealthed and sneaking up behind them and meleeing if you can't get the stealth kill is STILL more effective than taking them head on unless you're across the map and sniping while the marines keep them distracted.

solo07
03-28-2011, 03:06 AM
@Zynth. I really don't see the point in that when you can easily walk around an entire firefight section in 20 seconds. The stealth is too OP. Trust me when i say armor is quite useless for "moving positions when they notice you" and its not like i'm a bad player, on the contrary, i'm a 3+ k/d player on CoD, so i know what i'm doing. I just feel like the campaign in missing a crucial difficulty increase that is so needed for higher difficulties. Like CoD for example, sure its easy, but there are definately some good difficulty spikes at the right time. Here, its complete, stealth, run, recharge, repeat.

EDIT: btw, i just finished semper fi or die without firing a bullet until i had to shoot the gunship. How is that not a problem?

Zythn
03-28-2011, 03:25 AM
I never said that the stealth power wasn't too easily used to avoid sections of the game, and in fact I do agree with you on the fact that it is. However, I don't blame people for doing it, I just feel they shouldn't. If they want to miss out on some of the best singleplayer gameplay I've played in a while, then so be it.

Basically, my whole point in my wall of text was to kind of explain to people that that supersoldier is by no means difficult, but rather enjoyable and rewarding once you finally get a working technique down.