PDA

View Full Version : Question about storage device.

Bl1tzace
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Hey guys,

I've got a little question about Storage device and hope someone can provide me with an answer ^.^

So, Atm i got a USB 8GB Connected for my save, Profiles, Updates etc.

How ever, I am wondering if i can use my HDD 500GB to install games on it and run it from the hdd, Someone told me if i did this my xbox would make a lot less noise with some games, Is this true? And is this even possible with a 500GB HDD, And if the answer is yes it is possible, Will i still be able to plug my hdd back in my PC And put movies on a different folder so i can stream ?

Hope someone is able to help me with this!

Thanks in advance!

kaleido42
03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm pretty sure (though not entirely certain, you'll have to try for yourself) that any usb storage device (I'm assuming you're talking about a standard external hard drive) can be used. The thing is, the xbox 360 will only allow you to use 16 GB of a storage device for use by the console. So say if you had a 32GB USB flash drive and you told the xbox to automatically set it up (you could do a custom set up to, that just let's you tell the xbox how many GB's you want to use, up to the maximum 16), it would devote 16GB to the console, and the remaining 16GB you could use for anything else (such as computer use). Any amount of space that you choose to devote to your console during initial set-up will no longer be accessible to your pc, you can reverse this, but it results in you loosing anything xbox 360 related that's on your storage device.

If you install your games, your console will be a lot less noisy because the majority of the noise comes from the disk drive.

Hope that helps some :)

Bl1tzace
03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Awesome thank you <3 Yes that helps alot! Gonna try it out right now:) First to back up all my movies and games, Thats gonna take a while lol=P

Thanks again! :woop:

Dimensive
03-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I took a cheap way and bought an enclosure and a 120GB Western Digital drive.