PDA

View Full Version : game backup glitch

dah884
03-28-2011, 06:55 PM
i don't know if this has been posted but there is a way to backup your save file in game.

it requires two or more saves. one you double one, you overwrite and an online game.

first you load the game you want overwritten.
second join someones else game.(can't remember if in their game but fairly certain)
third load game you want duplicated while still in other persons game.
fourth switch back to the file to be overwritten.
fifth save and continue.
(don't know if character has to be the same gender)

(edit:someone said in another thread that it only moved the save. if ragnarok1986 was refer to this process as the one that just moved the file, then you might want to try
sixth???: loading the file to be duplicated from it's first save location while still in other person's game
seventh???: then save and continue again before exiting(the reason i did not initially add these steps is because this is what i did when i panicked after it apparently and of course actually overrode one my games with the other(if your wondering i did lose that weapon i was trying trade to myself through a friend, but got it back via trading with someone else)))

now what happened is i was trying to transfer all weapons from save file 2 to save file 1 via a friend when i realized that i forgot 1. so i went to retrieve it by loading save file 2 again. when i realized that i was still in character 1 i saved and continued. and upon trying to switch to save file 2 i realized i was already in save file 2 with everything including weapons, stats, clothes, time played, and choices made from save file 1.

this was in november don't know if it still works with dlc.

Ragnarok1986
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Could you duplicate weapons this way?

dah884
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
since the entire file is duplicated, including weapons, then yes.
but i thought people might like to use this to protect themselves against all those glitches that destroy their files one way or another.

JDMBO1
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Can you explain in greater detail? or no? is there a youtube vid on this?

dah884
04-02-2011, 05:37 AM
sorry i don't really know how to upload game-play to youtube. as for the details you go into someone else's game with the character you want to override(for safety purposes) switch to the character you want duplicated, switch back(without doing anything else), and finally save and continue.(these are the actions i took, as the reasons are previously mentioned, unfortunately i do not know the frequency, of occurrence, nor success because i have not tried to duplicate the process)

how i think it works is that the game switches the save file pointer but fails to actually load the previously loaded game. leaving you with the game data of the file you wish to duplicate and the access to the file you wish to overwrite.

conformation of the process would be nice if anyone is willing. potential affects on other files related to the game or not are unknown at this time.

edit: technical, i pretty sure you can enter other person's game with any file but with all the glitch your best bet is with the junk one you plan on throwing away anyways. just make sure you do something like change areas and such to hopefully avoid messing with the wrong file(if you start with another file than the one you wish to overwrite).

Ragnarok1986
04-02-2011, 09:06 AM
But it's your method surly you should test It or know if it works. :/

JDMBO1
04-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Well I can understand what OP means, and I do feel that it takes more then one to verify a glitch

Ragnarok1986
04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Well I can understand what OP means, and I do feel that it takes more then one to verify a glitch

In the first part he says he has done it but in the second one it sound like he hasn't. So could he confirm has he done this or just heard seen it?

And I'm seeing a massive increase of weapon someone must have found a way. Due to people been able to give full sets away more than once.

JDMBO1
04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
In the first part he says he has done it but in the second one it sound like he hasn't. So could he confirm has he done this or just heard seen it?

And I'm seeing a massive increase of weapon someone must have found a way. Due to people been able to give full sets away more than once.
Hm, have you ever heard of stumbling upon something? Well this maybe the case, yet he may have or may have not concocted the new method. Have you tried it yourself? I don't understand things that aren't simplified sometimes, so I've been apprehensive of even trying this due to a lack in understanding.

dah884
04-03-2011, 03:32 AM
to verify i have done it once and only once(overrode file 2 with file 1) while trying to achieve the legendary weapon achievement. have not tried again because 1, it pissed me off that i spent 29 some odd hours to only have it wipe away and replace with previous file, and 2, i was frustrated that i lost one of the last weapons i needed to help with that achievement(so with the help of someone else i got the last of my achievement weapons and shelved it for several months).

only came back to it because dlc and it had been a few months.

sorry for any confusion.

jdmbo1 i did stumble on it as i stated earlier by complete accident.

The Bamshizzle
04-06-2011, 03:25 PM
ive posted numerous times how to make a perfect backup of your save file. this way you can give away weapons/items/etc as much as you want. i used it for the doll achievement in fable 2. just takes a little bit of common sense to figure it out. follow these steps EXACTLY

1. MOVE your save file to a thumb drive
2. on a computer in windows UNHIDE hidden files and folders
3. COPY the xbox folder from the thumb drive to your desktop
4. MOVE the save file back to your xbox from the thumb drive
5. whenever you need the items you gave away back, COPY the save file from the computer back to the thumb drive
6. MOVE it back to xbox
7. rinse and repeat as much as you want

dah884
04-07-2011, 03:21 AM
but your forgetting one thing some people don't have thumb drives. where as, this allows duplication via the game and the game alone. i miss the first fable's multi-save per character.

ocular
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
ive posted numerous times how to make a perfect backup of your save file. this way you can give away weapons/items/etc as much as you want. i used it for the doll achievement in fable 2. just takes a little bit of common sense to figure it out. follow these steps EXACTLY

1. MOVE your save file to a thumb drive
2. on a computer in windows UNHIDE hidden files and folders
3. COPY the xbox folder from the thumb drive to your desktop
4. MOVE the save file back to your xbox from the thumb drive
5. whenever you need the items you gave away back, COPY the save file from the computer back to the thumb drive
6. MOVE it back to xbox
7. rinse and repeat as much as you want

Just so everyone knows THIS METHOD WORKS. I tried it the other day so I could essentially duplicate all 50 weapons (if I still had them) and give away many sets as I wanted by constantly grabbing the file again from my computer.

I'm missing about 10 weapons so if someone is willing to lend me these for about 10 minutes I can "backup" my save and give them back to you.

This way I can give away sets to ppl on this forum.