PDA

View Full Version : Turbo controllers.

CONKER1182
03-29-2011, 06:15 AM
I`m thinking about buying a Xbox 360 turbo controller to help myself get certain achievements without being at my Xbox 360. What are some good turbo controllers, where do they sell them, and how much are they?

Snowwwwy
03-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Ive never heard of a turbo controller. Sounds fun tho.

Pootcrum
03-29-2011, 06:33 AM

Really?! They have been around since... like shit I dunno NES?? maybe. At the very least the 64. They use oscillators to trigger buttons for you, effectively allowing you to pull a trigger or press a button far faster than you could normally.

OT, there are heaps of options out there, I am pretty sure a google search will bring up everything you need to know.

The XFPS system incorporates turbo whilst allowing you to do a lot of other fun stuff.

Both MadCatz and Hori make them also.

Gackt
03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games

yamayamayaamaa
03-29-2011, 06:34 AM
I think Hori pads are the best because it can be used as a normal controller. Unlike the MadCatz pad which doesn't have joysticks. I personally use a MadCatz fightstick but those cost more than these pads.

Also comes in blue.
http://www.wwgaming.com/games-images/xbox-360-hori-controller-ex2-black.jpg

Edit: Lol, I guess i got beat to the post by a minute.

Genesis x360a
03-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Theres a couple worth mentioning on the market and they are the;

Hori EX Turbo and EX Turbo 2. Both will run you between $30-$50 dollars (The EX 2 being the cheaper) and you can get them most places online, Ebay, Amazon Etc.

>Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games

Or you can buy a Street Fighter turbo pad (By Madcatz) Again they will set you back about $30-$40 online from again Ebay, Amazon Etc. Although you will be able to pick them up cheaper from your local gamestore (yes you can use them for anygame)

>Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV Round 2 FightPad - Viper: Video Games

Really?! They have been around since... like shit I dunno NES?? maybe. At the very least the 64.

Correct, I had one for the NES to play Street Fighter XD

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5
03-29-2011, 06:47 AM

this sounds like sarcasm to me, ha ha.

any turbo fire controllers are considered to be cheating bud. they are not a microsoft licenced controller, therefore a modified controller designed to give unfair advantages. doesnt matter what your intentions are, its still considered cheating.

just watch out.

Pootcrum
03-29-2011, 06:50 AM
any turbo fire controllers are considered to be cheating bud. they are not a microsoft licenced controller, therefore a modified controller designed to give unfair advantages. doesnt matter what your intentions are, its still considered cheating.

just watch out.

I was also going to mention this, although I reckon you would probably be fine as long as you steered clear of online (comp. MP) servers. Everything else would probably not be policed for this sort of thing.

Genesis x360a
03-29-2011, 06:53 AM
this sounds like sarcasm to me, ha ha.

just watch out.

No there not. In no way are they against the Microsoft CoC and T&C's. They are completly fine to use. There fronwed upon in the online community Ie, CoD, Battlefield Etc. because you turn single fire weapons into automatic weapons but you will be not banned, reset Etc, Etc, because they cant prove anything. Other than them being frowned upon you can use them for anything you like.

Ooooo and FYI the Hori Ex Turbo 2 is officially licensed by Microsoft ;)

StillTIPPIN187
03-29-2011, 11:57 AM

Has to be trollin..

Just buy any cheapo.. you can do cheapo rapids yourself.

and before the "OMGZZ YOU WILL BE BANZ FOR HAXING" comes in..

No, OP.. you will not be banned for using a modified controller. MS CANNOT detect them.

Unless you boast about openly using Turbos then you will be fine (even then im not sure they will do anything as they have to prove you use them before they can do anything to you for using them.. which they cannot detect at this point.)

KillerBEA
03-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LT9PXQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000HS0Y6K&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YNJSY4GHZGJK8AH3W52)
Thanks for the link; might get 1 for seriously 2.0 and the club. I know I will find other uses for it though

Snowwwwy
03-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Has to be trollin..
How am I trolling? I just dont know what Turbo Controllers are?

dafilthymofo
03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
I use this one. WWE All stars arcade stick

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-WWE-Stars-Brawl-Stick/dp/B004M23RAC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1301493993&sr=1-2

ReaptheChaos
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
I`m thinking about buying a Xbox 360 turbo controller to help myself get certain achievements without being at my Xbox 360. What are some good turbo controllers, where do they sell them, and how much are they?

Try this, i just bought this one and its does the job great! i wont be replacing my regular controller for every day use but when you need the turbo function you cant beat it.

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Pad EX 2 with Turbo - Black: Video Games

StillTIPPIN187
03-30-2011, 02:45 PM
How am I trolling? I just dont know what Turbo Controllers are?

K, My bad. Just thought it was a common thing us ppl knew of =P

IVI4V3R1CK
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
K, My bad. Just thought it was a common thing us ppl knew of =P

I used to think the same way, I've always had a turbo/3rd party controller for every console I've ever owned. But then I would speak to some of my friends and they would have never heard of it, and when I show them they think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

MordredMoridin
06-12-2011, 05:30 AM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to point out something:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Accessories/ThirdPartyAccessories

The Hori controllers are officially licensed by MS with full turbo functionality, or as MS describes it: Pad controller equipped with discharge successively function and analog sensitivity switch function.

I just wanted to put that up since someone said that turbo controllers were not licensed MS products.

Namaste
09-28-2012, 06:10 AM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to point out something:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/Accessories/ThirdPartyAccessories

The Hori controllers are officially licensed by MS with full turbo functionality, or as MS describes it: Pad controller equipped with discharge successively function and analog sensitivity switch function.

I just wanted to put that up since someone said that turbo controllers were not licensed MS products.

What other brands are officially licensed/approved by MS?

Felonious Monk
09-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Super weird bump there, Namaste.

Namaste
10-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Super weird bump there, Namaste.

Huh? :confused:

PsychoMantic
10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
i need another turbo for ps2. getting through the torture in metal gear is impossible without one.

ChickinOnaChain
10-06-2012, 01:46 PM
The bad part of turbo controllers is that in MP, some aren't going to like someone using them. But the OP did say he was going to use it while he wasn't at his console.

newbsicle
10-06-2012, 06:13 PM
You can find them in stores or online. Hori makes the EX2 which is probably your best option. There's another type Nyko recently came out with but I heard it's very uncomfortable if you have large hands.

There's loads of options besides those as well. I have an old street fighter pad with turbo function. Although I personally prefer the hori ex2 since it has joysticks.

You can even buy mod kits on ebay and do-it-yourself.

x WASAKI x
10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Turbo Controller... really? i'm sure you have your reasons, but i sure don't understand. Kinda defeats the purpose of "Achievements"

Felonious Monk
10-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Huh? :confused:
You bumped that other turbo controller topic the same night with a similar question.

It was just odd, is all.