PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ending...

Baihu1983
03-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Spoilers of course but i belive Bioware decided not to use it anyways which could explain the lack of sound?

Edit its real, hears the version with sound if you let the time run out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJCtr3uyZ4&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

a blind beggar
03-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Awesome!!! Ashley and the Illusive Man beside each other? What the fudge?

Baihu1983
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
I think Ash was a little tease from BW? Can see the VS having a much bigger role in ME3.

irJessica
03-29-2011, 09:29 PM
That's quite a cool find.
But where was Kaidan? D=

SirLugash
03-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Very cool video indeed, but assuming that this video shows what would have happened if you didn't destroy the Mass Relay, that would mean that all this stuff won't happen in ME3, right ?
Kind of sad, would be a hell of a scene when your whole squad including TIM is facing Harbinger... in person.

transformer809
03-29-2011, 09:39 PM
i have noo idea what this is about.

Quickdraw
03-29-2011, 10:12 PM
That's quite a cool find.
But where was Kaidan? D=

that was prolly based on the options from the first effect if he lived hed be in her spot more or less one would assume.

i was a bit disappointed with the ending, wished there was more of a choice to save the batarians, mean having them war with each other would suck badly if you can't prevent that in the 3rd.

also the roster of things if your good looks pretty promising, give me3 already.

I am Cunslow
03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
woah man that adds further excitement... Reapers will be unstoppable!!!

Ragnarok1986
03-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Sweet i can't wait for the third one :)

lordrex217
03-30-2011, 12:59 AM
i was actually curious as to what happened if you let the time run out.

Baihu1983
03-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Very cool video indeed, but assuming that this video shows what would have happened if you didn't destroy the Mass Relay, that would mean that all this stuff won't happen in ME3, right ?
Kind of sad, would be a hell of a scene when your whole squad including TIM is facing Harbinger... in person.

The idea is that if you fail Arrival then the Reapers invade before anyone has a chance to defend themselves[remember the council have told everyone they dont exist] So the Reapers are able to wipe out everything and evryone.

SirLugash
03-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I am aware of that, I'm just curious of how things will turn out in ME3.
The video shows what would have happened if you wouldn't destroy the Alpha Relay (which is a no-go obviously), but imagine what you saw in the video will actually happen in ME3, what was the point behind all it in this DLC then ?
If what happens in the video happens in ME3 1:1 it would be nonsense (as you want to avoid that in this DLC), but on the other hand the video contained some really epic scenes (especially direct confrontation with Harbinger).
Hope that Bioware will get it right...

Baihu1983
03-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry i was not clear. That wont happen in ME3 it just an easter egg. Atleast it wont happen in that sense. You se Shepards helmet so the idea is the rest of the universe is fucked with Shepard 1.failing the mission and 2. Dieing.

SirLugash
03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
That part with Shepards helmet was actually footage from the Normandy crash site.
That ME3 won't be as seen in the video is logical, but on the other hand the direct confrontation with Harbinger looks kind of epic ^^
I can't really believe that they "recorded" that stuff just for the video in case you wouldn't complete the mission in time.
I'm pretty sure some of this will be seen in ME3.

Colossal Marlin
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
They seem to have a thing for killing Kelly, if you ask me.

Opiate42
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome!!! Ashley and the Illusive Man beside each other? What the fudge?

Nice catch! That went by fast had to pause and go almost frame by frame to see them!!

Now of course I have to go and redo this just to see the clock wind down for myself....

Baihu1983
03-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Slow version

YouTube - (SLOWED DOWN) Mass Effect 2: Arrival Reaper clock reaches zero

Bajan Elite
03-30-2011, 09:24 PM
You should title your threads better, I thought you were saying that the ending of the arrival was bad not that you get a bad ending. You should have titled it, what happens when you fail or something in that since.

SirLugash
03-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the slomo version of the video.
I also extracted all the frames into jpgs for a better view and on some parts, I'm kind of confused.

At the beginning you clearly see what would have happend if you wouldn't destroy the relay (reapers going to pass through them).
A few seconds later you see Harbinger and some laser beams (coming to that in a sec) followed by a still image showing a gigantic explosion (0:18): What could that be ?
Can't figure it out right now.

Another things starts at 0:56 what looks like Harbinger hovering inside the Citadel (TIM standing in front of him).
Later in the video you see a lot of your people on Illium but I think this one is on the Citadel.
Anyways, a few seconds from the beginning it seems like Harbinger is firing a weapon off (huge laser beams), but coul it be that he wasn't firing but actually hit ? Following the video it looks like he is waving around his tentacles like he was hit.

And now comes the big part: Beginning at 1:14, it looks like he is floating around and finally exploding.

Then again you see your people in front of him on Illium.

Jesus I could think about this video all day ^^

Can't wait for ME3 to finally kick Harbinger's reaper ass xD

Helium
02-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Just guestion what hapens if you wait the first timer to the end? I know the later ones makes that scene but haven't seen anyone to wait that timer up till the end.

bazuukajoe
02-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Awesome, thanks for sharing this. Letting the timer run down never even crossed my mind!

midgetgrimm
02-19-2012, 02:04 AM
thanks for this one. much help :woop::woop: