PDA

View Full Version : Last Stand

irJessica
03-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I was scrolling through some of the other posts and people have stated it was easy achievements.
I was shockingly awful at this, I had to turn the difficult down to casual (from normal). And my finger was glued to the bumper so I could keep reusing Geth shield boost. Even doing this it took me a fair few attempts.

So this leads me to ask am I the only one who had trouble with this?

Baihu1983
03-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Went to the right the first time and died. Went left second and never got hit.

a blind beggar
03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Died the first time because I ran into the mech (derp) but then ran up to the left. It seems to be the most protected place in the room.

Verkunder
03-29-2011, 07:50 PM
I've been sticking behind the L-shaped counter and getting through okay, but once the mech shows up I'm fucked. He walks right over to me and I can't kill the rest of the soldiers in time. Any tips? I'm a soldier with shield boost.

Asturgis
03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I've done it twice now for the guide and tried left and right. Definitely prefer my spot on the right, in the corner between the glass, on your left, and the console on your right. If you stick to the console, you can shoot through the cover ! But then again, my Widow does 1000 damage with one bullet with all the upgrades, so the YMIR Mech is a 2 headshot kill on Casual.

ooandyb
03-29-2011, 08:30 PM
I played through the entire dlc on insanity because that's what my game save is on, and I got owned in this part right away, then it just loaded up the next section so I was thinking maybe that wasn't the part for the achievement. When I got to the end I realized it must have been so I loaded up my closest save and switched to casual and it was ridiculously easy. My character is a level 30 adept though so without shields everyone dies with one hit from heavy warp. I used stasis on the mech and took everyone else out then focused on it.

Anyhow, my point is that it probably depends on your level and upgrades. At level 30 with 5/5 or better on everything this should be very easy on casual.

Ragnarok1986
03-29-2011, 08:42 PM
First time with the method in the guide on normal :)

BarnesyJr48
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Really struggling on this one. I'm on casual but haven't played ME2 for a while, so went right and got pwned. Found with my class (can't remember which one it is, possibly vanguard? the one with the Charge ability) it was actually easier to load up the Geth shotgun (from Shadow broker DLC?), and then spam the charge attack. Cos this is upgraded for me, the time dilution effect lasts a little longer allowing what is basically a two hit combo.
Then came the heavy mech and I got pwned again, cos I was trying to bring the blackhole gun to bear the mech and got hit from behind.
Try again later, but I'll try left this time...

Opiate42
03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
No you're not alone LOL!!!

Even on casual it was pretty harry, took me a fair few tries.

I hadn't read the achievement descriptions and had no idea what I was walking into. I was just "wow that's a really cool artifact!"

As soon as the fight started I was getting demolished instantly until I got a chance to look around for cover.

I finally found the spot like Asturgis said, nook yourself into that 90 degree corner on the right between the barrier and console, for some reason they'll approach you on the left but not try to flank up those stairs very often. Mostly they'll come to your right from the main door.

If you go into the very back corner behind the pillar they'll flank from all sides pretty quick but for some reason when at the first barrier they won't.

Used a vanguard: Tempest SMG, Shockwave and especially Arc projector all the way when you have crowds and the mech appears. Saved my ass.

I was trying to use the Phalanx heavy pistol and Mattock AR initially for 1-2 shot kills since I didn't know what I was walking into but they run out of ammo so fast, would get owned when dashing out for clips.

So switched to the SMG which has oodles and a huge clip, incendiary ammo and accurate in short bursts. Life saver that little bugger of a gun, especially after knocking down a crowd with shockwave.

ImmortalLeoman
03-30-2011, 04:53 PM
It wasnt super hard for me until the mech. I kept nuking myself and getting pissed. I went up the stairs to the right and that made it easier as most of the troops bunch together when they come to you. Though I see you must have beat it as you got the 100% DLC before me!:chair:p:)

transformer809
03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
i haven't played the dlc yet but im pretty sure i can melee my way trough the whole thing if i play it on easy with my soldier class.

Opiate42
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
i haven't played the dlc yet but im pretty sure i can melee my way trough the whole thing if i play it on easy with my soldier class.

Would like to see a video of that!! ;)