PDA

View Full Version : With MGC gone, do any sites have game-specific achievement leaderboards?

tS-BLiTZ
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
I used to use MGC all the time to see how many people had 1000 or 200'd a game. It was pretty cool to see like "Wow, a year after release only 6 people have fully completed this game!" and stuff like that. Or on the first week of a game coming out, the race to 200/200 or 1000/1000. With MGC gone, does any other site out there feature something like that? I know x360a has leaderboards for users only, but many people don't link their gamertag with x360a so thus it's not a completely accurate list worldwide.

Thanks!

Z3R0 S1X
03-29-2011, 05:11 PM
You can check trueachievements, xboxamerica, and 360voice all of which have leaderboards. I don't think any of them have a leaderboard that was anywhere near as big as MGC's was. It would be nice to see Microsoft incorporate a real leaderboard into the next dashboard update but they probably won't do it.

jackanape
03-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Pretty much all of the remaining leaderboards out there do not have access to anywhere near as many gamertags as MGC did, so the likelihood of being able to definitively see who has completed what, and how quickly, is possibly never going to happen.

Most sites now rely on people registering with them in order to get on their leaderboards (as we do) so I doubt the MGC list will ever be fully replicated - and even that one didn't have EVERYONE on live on it, so couldn't be 100% accurate either.

Tis a shame.

guillermo316
03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
lol where were you when the whole forums was like searching... i think true achievements are k but you have to becareful where you give your information.

tS-BLiTZ
03-29-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm talking about just game specific leaderboards, though. As far as I could tell, none of those sites had 'em. Just overall rankings, completion rankings, and that kind of thing. MGC was the only place I knew of that had game specific rankings where you could see how many people had 1000/1000 and stuff like that :(

RadiantViper
03-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm talking about just game specific leaderboards, though. As far as I could tell, none of those sites had 'em. Just overall rankings, completion rankings, and that kind of thing. MGC was the only place I knew of that had game specific rankings where you could see how many people had 1000/1000 and stuff like that :(

TA does have game specific leaderboards ... it's just a bit obtuse how you get to them. Go to the game's page, then click the linked part at the top where it was 'X number of gamers have this game'. There are some sorting options there.

TA is far from perfect but it's still a decent place for that sort of info, even if it's only registered users ... better then nothing.

tS-BLiTZ
03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Ah gotcha...thanks. Yeah, it definitely isn't tracking everyone. Was hoping to get some good competition in DW7!

http://www.trueachievements.com/gamegamer.aspx?gameid=3643

Vindicator51
03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, MGC could have a lot more tags, but that's if people added every single one they find.

Andreas_loel
03-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Meh i miss MGC so much, it was quite a nice watch to check out and now its just sad.

It was fun checking countrywise and see how far up you were and which games you were first with... fucking microsoft