PDA

View Full Version : My caddie, the genius

Stewie Griffin2
03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
So, playing the first amateur training event. Match play on East Lake. Other guy birdies the final hole, we're AS. I'm sitting 2, hitting 3 on a par 4 and my caddie comes up with "I recommend a 2-putt from here". Funny stuff.

On a side note, this bastard birdies every single frickin hole. Gonna have to hole out for an eagle if I'm ever going to beat him.

ajennice
03-30-2011, 04:20 AM
He gets better.. but not much.

I usually use him just for and idea of what to play.
When you use XP, focus more on the touch and choke as it will allow you to use 100% on short clubs instead of crappy numbers like 78%, 69%...etc

Don't use any XP on green reading unless you're playing pro... waste of XP as the caddie will give you a crap shoot of where to place the aiming icon.

LOKIkillsALL
03-30-2011, 06:10 PM
I only got to play a few rounds last night and my caddie is pretty worthless. Half the time his advice has me hitting into the rough, a bunker, or right into a tree. I'm so glad you don't need to follow his advice in order to get the Caddy upgrade achievements because I'd turn it off right now. Every full round I've played, I've upgraded him to bronze. I hope his suggestions get better as he gets leveled because....DAMN

NJAM14Titleist
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I've had him say play a two-putt from like only 10ft away.

vithzeral
03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
So far 18 holes and already 3 times he's thrown up his hands and said you're on own. When I'm in the fairway, right where he told me to leave the previous shot. wtf ... next thing the game will tell me he's left an extra driver in the bag and I have too many clubs!

AllWorkNoPlay11
03-31-2011, 04:19 AM
I've missed a few putts wide and hit a few roughs but he ain't all that bad.

ajennice
03-31-2011, 05:20 AM
He's good for windy condition, up hills, rough..etc. His percentage of what to swing take in the consideration for alot of things..

I use him for a good idea of what to use and then make my changes...

LOKIkillsALL
03-31-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd settle for a caddie that knew his left from his right. Had a big breaking put to the right and he told me to aim 2 feet to the right :confused:. I'm praying he gets better as he levels up becuase I never pay attention to him right now.

kingsnipes186
03-31-2011, 09:27 PM
man.. putting is one of the first things i try to max out... more important than power in my book, once i get 75% then i move on to other things

GolfPro72
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM
The caddie is a neat idea, as is leveling him up with course experience, but they need to work on the concept. He does get better but as mentioned, not much. I'd like to see EA implement a system where you have to spend some of your XP improving the caddy as well. Keep up with the experience by course played part of it too, but add some attributes like your golfer has that you can apply to the caddy (green reading, yardage, club selection, etc). I think that would vastly improve this idea, provided that they understand that adding to those attributes will actually boost the usefulness of the caddy. Then you could have caddies like Williams or Bones, who are huge assets to their players instead of cart bags with a voice.