PDA

View Full Version : Putting

PETER DRAGON
03-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Does anyone have an idea if they're still going to let you use the classic putting in this one for the single player, can't stand the meter

xRaW CaRNage x
03-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Does anyone have an idea if they're still going to let you use the classic putting in this one for the single player, can't stand the meter
Yes my friend has the game and confirmed that it does have classic putting option.sorry fellas but obviously my friend don't know what the fuck he's talking about. Precision putting is not classic putting!

Stewie Griffin2
03-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes my friend has the game and confirmed that it does have classic putting option.

Your friend is either full of shit or just plain wrong. Precision putting only.

ajennice
03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
I turned off percision putting and it was the same style but no power meter..
Like blind putting.. sucked!!!!

belaraphon
03-31-2011, 05:38 AM
i have a hard time gauging when to stop my back swing in the sweet spot and start my follow through. where on the putter head does it take the reading while in the sweet spot?

my initial reaction is the very middle of the icon, but i have been burned before where the shot line puts the ball in the cup, but even if i put the putter head in the sweet spot and make a "perfect putt" i still miss to the side by mere centimeters! what bullshit is that?

the tragic amount of birdies that have turned into par putts is staggering. and don't get me started about the "gimme" putts that somehow fucking miss!

Stubbeez
03-31-2011, 12:41 PM
I can tell you the same thing was happening to me. Embarrassingly so. But as I increased the putting stats (all my XP went there at first), it got much better.

PETER DRAGON
04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the misinformation a-hole, that was a purchase decision, I hate precision ( joke ) putting, I golf in real life and I couldn't screw it up that bad. What the hell are these idiots at EA thinking when they try to "improve" a game? Some things they should leave alone, maybe they could give us more courses on the saved labor costs instead of screwing us on the marketplace. Add the price of last years' game and dlc, way too much money for one game.

Stewie Griffin2
04-03-2011, 02:23 AM
i have a hard time gauging when to stop my back swing in the sweet spot and start my follow through. where on the putter head does it take the reading while in the sweet spot?

my initial reaction is the very middle of the icon, but i have been burned before where the shot line puts the ball in the cup, but even if i put the putter head in the sweet spot and make a "perfect putt" i still miss to the side by mere centimeters! what bullshit is that?

the tragic amount of birdies that have turned into par putts is staggering. and don't get me started about the "gimme" putts that somehow fucking miss!

I believe it's based on the location of the top of your indicator. Also, with the misses, it's probably because you didn't go straight forward on your shot. Try putting all your XP toward putting swing plane and I bet your misses will go down a ton.

belaraphon
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I believe it's based on the location of the top of your indicator. Also, with the misses, it's probably because you didn't go straight forward on your shot. Try putting all your XP toward putting swing plane and I bet your misses will go down a ton.

yes, i see that now. the putter icon can move inside the swing plane left and right on your follow through, there by give a direction to the putt. interesting!

as for the putt icon reading, after looking i still believe that the reading is taken from the middle if the icon. i know it is not the bottom, but i still can't quite see if it is from the top.

my putting skill has increased since my last post, both in percentage for my character on on my end with the controller. swing plane in the putting tab has been very beneficial to this process.

other comments on playing:

obtaining silver mastery helps play the course immensely, if you are using the caddy. no mastery, or bronze still offers lacking shots. i recently obtained gold mastery on the hawaii course, but it was in the 4th round of the tour event and i have not played it since receiving gold mastery. using silver mastery during the first three days of the event really set me up with decent club selection and ball placement.

putting xp into touch and choke (i believe in the control tab) really helps when the caddy needs you to work inbetween clubs.

AllWorkNoPlay11
04-04-2011, 03:57 AM
I can tell you the same thing was happening to me. Embarrassingly so. But as I increased the putting stats (all my XP went there at first), it got much better.

That's what I need to do as I have no problem getting the ball on the green but tha'ts where I choke.