PDA

View Full Version : Beta Test New Xbox Dashboard and get Halo Reach Free

ManCowBear
03-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Major Nelson has revealed on his blog that Microsoft is preparing to conduct another seasonal Xbox 360 Dashboard "preview program," this time to kick the tires of an "updated Xbox 360 disc format." For participating, testers will receive a copy of Halo: Reach in addition to "other possible rewards."

Sign-ups are now open at Microsoft Connect, with Major Nelson saying that the company is "looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good." Unlike with last fall's update preview, there's no mention of this update prohibiting participants from playing online or voice chatting with Xbox Live members who aren't part of the beta program. The preview is restricted to US residents, though both Gold and "Free" Xbox Live members can sign up -- with Gold members given the priority come selection time.

As for the new disc format: Since it will need to remain compatible with current 360 disc drives, the update is likely just related to copy protection -- in which case, the free copy of Reach probably uses it. We've contacted Microsoft for more details and will update as we get them. From Joystiq

ManCowBear
03-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Link to sign up: http://connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate

drugamer
03-30-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah I noticed that but if you are accepted the update is PERMANENT and you can not go back to the old dashboard set up...as well if you do anything you aren't suppose to you are liable to get your account banned, but that's pretty much the norm on this stuff

rekikire
03-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Stupid restricted to US only grrrrr.

KillerBEA
03-30-2011, 02:51 AM

I agree its stupid.

I live in the US so I can take part but I know several people that won't be able to participate :(

EliteShadowMan
03-30-2011, 03:44 AM
This was already posted on the home page of the site.

Is this a dashboard update beta test again?

Nvm read it lol :)

rekikire
03-30-2011, 03:56 AM
Lets get something for everyone not in the US some time.

balance13
03-30-2011, 04:02 AM
Lets get something for everyone not in the US some time.

It's because they don't want to send the Halo disc's all over the world. Easier and cheaper for them.

Chipsonfire
03-30-2011, 04:02 AM
I was just thinking the other day I would love to be part of a beta test. I just signed up.

CONKER1182
03-30-2011, 05:21 AM
The good thing about this is that you can still use party chat in this new pre-build update. :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Ozbaab
03-30-2011, 06:15 AM
It's because they don't want to send the Halo disc's all over the world. Easier and cheaper for them.

Are they really sending DISCS to households and not a download code?

balance13
03-30-2011, 06:17 AM

From what I read, and they are testing a new "disc format" so.

StillTIPPIN187
03-30-2011, 07:57 AM

See, I was pretty sure most ppl just wanted in on this for the free game. and that is more or less the reason ppl from outside the us are upset.. there have been plenty of these betas before and ive never heard of complainers then.

But no, MS is not sending out tokens for the DL from live.

Its the actual disc in the new format. so ppl can test it on all the models of 360.. Xenons, Falcons, Jaspers, 360 s models.. along with various different hard drives and dvd drive models..

A DL of the game from live would not do anything to help test this out

Ozbaab
03-30-2011, 08:59 AM
A DL of the game from live would not do anything to help test this out

This really does make sense :)

guillermo316
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM
so what is the point of this? I didn't do the lab rat thing so i don't how this works, you can't go back to the old dashboard forever does thatmean in time everyone will be updated to the dashboard your signing up for.

NomoreNiceGuy
03-30-2011, 03:35 PM
US only.... THIS is why we cant have nice things

IVI4V3R1CK
03-30-2011, 03:41 PM
This thread should be closed or the OP should be modified. Just went to sign up and it said that they have already reached the target audience for the beta and are not accepting any new applications. This makes me a sad panda.

nappster187
03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
yea, I just got the same thing.... I tried signing up last night, but I was @ my house, so I couldnt put in my s/n and the other # the other number they wanted.. oh well....

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
03-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Annoying how when theres a reward for helping out with a Beta test its restricted but there you go. Wouldn't have minded a free copy of Reach having not played a Halo since a little session or two on 3.

balance13
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
so what is the point of this? I didn't do the lab rat thing so i don't how this works, you can't go back to the old dashboard forever does thatmean in time everyone will be updated to the dashboard your signing up for.

Yes it's a Beta for a future Xbox Live update, which would mean everybody is going to get it eventually.

StillTIPPIN187
03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Annoying how when theres a reward for helping out with a Beta test its restricted but there you go. Wouldn't have minded a free copy of Reach having not played a Halo since a little session or two on 3.

Exactly what i mean, Most you guys just want in for the game

and thats fine.. but you cant really get mad that your not eligible when the sole purpose of this is not the game, but its to test the format of the game disc on various models of 360s with various types of dvd drives.

The disc is not a "reward" its part of the test they want conducted.. even if you do keep it afterwards.

Denizens44
03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
This thread should be closed or the OP should be modified. Just went to sign up and it said that they have already reached the target audience for the beta and are not accepting any new applications. This makes me a sad panda.

That made me a sad panda too....:(

Chaosx721
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
So this new update is going to add 1GB of storage to 360 disc, and stop a lot of hackers for a while with this update. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade

Mr Bungle
03-31-2011, 12:20 AM
US only.... THIS is why we cant have nice things

Ha. Exactly.

ManCowBear
03-31-2011, 01:58 AM
Update

A Digital Foundry source claims that the "new disc format" that Microsoft will implement in the next Xbox 360 update will free an extra gigabyte of the disc for game data. Where would you find an extra GB on a DVD? "The maximum space allocated to game data on the current disc format is just 6.8GB out of a maximum of 7.95GB on a standard dual layer DVD," Digital Foundry explains, "with over 1GB dedicated to a DVD-Video partition that also contained anti-piracy security sectors." That partition will be "drastically reduced or omitted completely" in the update, the source claims.

The site notes that this partition was likely located on the innermost part of the DVD, which is slower to access. Thus, it's suggested that developers taking advantage of the extra space will have to account for increased loading time. From Joystiq

Turkeyshoot37
03-31-2011, 05:59 AM
Signed up for the beta test - I figured why not? What's the worst that could happen (other than a RROD or the box actually exploding). :eek:

Free stuff is free stuff and I like free things. Though I would have to agree with many other posters here, seems unfair to offer it only to us peeps in the U.S. whatever their reasons; but it's Microsoft's cake to give away . . . oh well (it's probably a lie anyway).

Worhammer
03-31-2011, 07:27 AM
Update

A Digital Foundry source claims that the "new disc format" that Microsoft will implement in the next Xbox 360 update will free an extra gigabyte of the disc for game data. Where would you find an extra GB on a DVD? "The maximum space allocated to game data on the current disc format is just 6.8GB out of a maximum of 7.95GB on a standard dual layer DVD," Digital Foundry explains, "with over 1GB dedicated to a DVD-Video partition that also contained anti-piracy security sectors." That partition will be "drastically reduced or omitted completely" in the update, the source claims.

The site notes that this partition was likely located on the innermost part of the DVD, which is slower to access. Thus, it's suggested that developers taking advantage of the extra space will have to account for increased loading time. From Joystiq
One more reason to install games to your HDD....especially when the new ones first come out with this format, cause you know somebody is gunna mess that up....

I signed up so I could test it. Couldn't care less about the free halo disc, already got my Legendary & Reach 360....

SD1000
03-31-2011, 09:59 AM
can't see why this should be restricted to the US, come on MS the world does exist outside America. and no i didn't just want a free copy of Reach as i've already finished it. it just would've been good if people from other countires could have applied

FFFreak1129
03-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow it filled up already. I'm glad I signed up when I first heard about it. Guess this update will make me Halo Reach again lol.

Kunduz
03-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Europe and the rest of the world gets shafted again, hurray! :(

balance13
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
It was strictly a cost thing...don't take it so personal.

Exactly people keep complaining, did you ever stop to think by the time they managed to ship the disc overseas the Beta may even be over?

Burning Karma
04-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Exactly people keep complaining, did you ever stop to think by the time they managed to ship the disc overseas the Beta may even be over?
I guess some people fail to realize that, in the end, Microsoft is a buisness and all businesses seek to minimize cost whenever possible.

ManCowBear
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM

How do you delete or close this form

dakisbac
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
So this new update is going to add 1GB of storage to 360 disc, and stop a lot of hackers for a while with this update. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-1gb-360-disc-upgrade

If this is true I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed. When I read "updated disc format" I expected an actual update - ie no more DVDs. The fact that it's taken them five years to finally utilize the full storage of a DVD (efficiently) is really disappointing, especially when there's been a better alternative since 2006.

How do you delete or close this form

If you mean closing/deleting this thread, you'll need to get a mod to do it - which can be done by clicking the "report post" button (radioactive symbol) on anyone's post and requesting such. Don't know why you'd want to do that though.

Chaosx721
04-02-2011, 10:18 PM
If this is true I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed. When I read "updated disc format" I expected an actual update - ie no more DVDs. The fact that it's taken them five years to finally utilize the full storage of a DVD (efficiently) is really disappointing, especially when there's been a better alternative since 2006.
They can't just change the disc format, or they would have to replace every dvd drive in every xbox. The dvd drive in the xbox only reads DVDs and DVD-DLs, and the only other format then those is Blu-ray which you would need a blu-ray drive. Going to have to wait for the next xbox before they change the disc format it uses.

StillTIPPIN187
04-03-2011, 06:48 AM

You should have never expected anything but this.. any other disc (that isn't already bootable) wouldn't be playable in the current drives.

But the thing i dont get the most is why wasn't HD DVD drives put in the 360? it was around 2005 when the 360 launched and before that happened Sony announced that the ps3 would have blu ray drives in their system when it dropped in 06..

Only logical explanation i can come up with is that it would have delayed the launch of the 360 which would quite possibly have led to the 360 not being as popular of a online console as it is today.. As well all know most of the success the 360 had came from it dropping first and being the poor mans console.

Another thing is MS is dealing with piracy out the ass.. if they had implemented HDDVD drives in the 360, they might not be having the problems they have right now as the discs would be hard as hell for pirates to get their hands on dics that have been discontinued.

O well, it doesn't exactly bother me that i sometimes have to switch discs and/or install one disc for certain files (forza 3) but its only gonna get worse as years go on.. Plus MS probably isn't gonna drop a new console anytime soon.. and i dont think that extra GB is gonna help too much. It might have helped Dead Space 2 and Forza 3 fit on a single disc had the devs had access to that extra GB from the start.

360 users are lucky 360 games are able to be compressed the way they are.. otherwise we would have a few more games on our hands that are multi discs.

Chaosx721
04-03-2011, 07:56 AM
But the thing i dont get the most is why wasn't HD DVD drives put in the 360? it was around 2005 when the 360 launched and before that happened Sony announced that the ps3 would have blu ray drives in their system when it dropped in 06..

Only logical explanation i can come up with is that it would have delayed the launch of the 360 which would quite possibly have led to the 360 not being as popular of a online console as it is today.. As well all know most of the success the 360 had came from it dropping first and being the poor mans console.
Adding the HD-DVD Drive would of delayed the 360 and it would of cost more then what it was.

I AsevenX I
04-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Signed up about a week ago...They said that we should be hearing back within the next couple weeks if you are accepted. I got in on the last dashboard beta...but it really sucked cause you couldn't join parties or anything unless a friend also had the update.

purelydigital
04-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Bah its too late to register :(

StillTIPPIN187
04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Signed up about a week ago...They said that we should be hearing back within the next couple weeks if you are accepted. I got in on the last dashboard beta...but it really sucked cause you couldn't join parties or anything unless a friend also had the update.

That is because they changed the audio codec in that dash update..

But you will be ok this time and this update is only for the new disc format.

Ive been in every beta from MS except the last one your talking about.. so your previous history really doesn't matter.

In fact, i think if you have an older xbox 360 that your chances will be greater in getting into the beta.

I AsevenX I
04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
That is because they changed the audio codec in that dash update..

But you will be ok this time and this update is only for the new disc format.

Ive been in every beta from MS except the last one your talking about.. so your previous history really doesn't matter.

In fact, i think if you have an older xbox 360 that your chances will be greater in getting into the beta.

Gotcha. That was my first beta test. Hope to get in on this one too. We'll see what happens.

xxJUSTINxx
04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm pending so I hope to get in to play something new for a change.

garrett007
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
The listings are up on connect.microsoft.com. There are two audiences, the disc and the live update. I got in the disc audience! What audience did everybody else get in to?

Chaosx721
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm in the disc audience too! woot!

Twisted Renegad
04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Im in the Live portion.

andami
04-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm in Live :D

Glowin Smurff
04-05-2011, 11:37 PM
In, disc portion.

wonderin if this will be stackable w/ the old reach :)

IICII
04-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Awsome !!!

This be DMK
04-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Disc portion, I wonder how long it'll be before I get it.

Jonathon
04-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I got disc, can't wait!

institutions
04-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Woot, I got in the Disc Update portion.
I never win anything :P

If I entered a 5,000 participant contest with 4,999 winners, i'd lose.

Hap HAz
04-06-2011, 12:31 AM
AGH, i wish i knew about this sooner!

Trixix
04-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Woot, I got in the Disc Update portion.
I never win anything :P

If I entered a 5,000 participant contest with 4,999 winners, i'd lose.
Lucky...i didnt get the email so i doubt i got in, though i can still hope they are sending out the emails in waves cant i?

Chaosx721
04-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Lucky...i didnt get the email so i doubt i got in, though i can still hope they are sending out the emails in waves cant i?
Its not an email, you can check to see what group you got in here http://connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate Just sign in and it will tell you.

institutions
04-06-2011, 12:59 AM

I never got an email. Possibly an xbox live message, but I haven't checked.
If you signed up for it go to connect.microsoft.com, sign in, then go to connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate

There'll be a little announcements section if you got in telling you whether you're in the disc portion or live portion.

EDIT: Damnit :P

Burning Karma
04-06-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm in the Live section. I wonder how they chose.

TuMaBlAcK
04-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Sweet I'm part of the disc group :). Forgot all about it too LOL.

banzaiwolfe
04-06-2011, 02:33 AM
The listings are up on connect.microsoft.com. There are two audiences, the disc and the live update. I got in the disc audience! What audience did everybody else get in to?

Thanks for the heads up on this :woop:

Muhnamana
04-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Sweeeeeeet! I'm in the disc portion.

I didn't know there were 2 portions to this. What's the difference between them, minus the obvious "disc" portion?

I also think when we sign up for these beta programs, we should get some avatar gear or something to go along with it. :woop:

EDIT
Ok, so we all get the Halo Reach disc but split up into 2 different categories. Text taken from the connect site below...

Due to the nature of this update we will be splitting the Xbox LIVE Update Preview audience into two separate segments. This means we will have some unique scenarios associated to each group so that we can get the test coverage we are seeking for this update. On your console, once it is properly registered into the program you will be able to see the ‘Xbox Beta Channel’ and the first slot will also identify the AUDIENCE you are registered into.
YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience
· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

Burning Karma
04-06-2011, 02:46 AM
I didn't know there were 2 portions to this. What's the difference between them, minus the obvious "disc" portion?
As it says on Connect:
Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.

Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

Tyrion619
04-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Nice. In the disc group. :woop:

Muhnamana
04-06-2011, 02:57 AM
As it says on Connect:

Yeah thanks, I found the info on the site and edited my post....hahahaha! :drunk

ZackNovak
04-06-2011, 04:22 AM
It didn't even work for me :(

DSB Solardran
04-06-2011, 04:42 AM
so not cool that canada couldnt even sign up like wtf

xxJUSTINxx
04-06-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm in on the Live group, can't wait to get my free Halo: Reach.

StillTIPPIN187
04-06-2011, 04:59 AM

Dont even worry about emails.. You SHOULD get an email as most ppl did.

BUT, I never got one and i checked the site and i got into the disc group of the beta.

Starstrukk X360A
04-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I haven't received an e-mail yet, but I checked the website and I'm in the disc group.
I doubt it really matters which group you're in, though. The descriptions seem to imply that no matter what you will get a disc.

Foxxy kyle
04-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Been hearing that its full. Is this true or can you still sign up?

EDIT: Nevermind its full. I'm good with it though. I dont like change to much and i hate the Halo series. So i'm good.

StillTIPPIN187
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Been hearing that its full. Is this true or can you still sign up?

EDIT: Nevermind its full. I'm good with it though. I dont like change to much and i hate the Halo series. So i'm good.

Your going to be required to accept change whether you like it or not, You will get the finished update as will everyone else when the time is right.. Unless you plan on staying offline to avoid the update.

quickhhh
04-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm in the live group. Does anyone know when the update is going to be released?

TuMaBlAcK
04-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I haven't received an e-mail yet, but I checked the website and I'm in the disc group.
I doubt it really matters which group you're in, though. The descriptions seem to imply that no matter what you will get a disc.

Yes from what I take I believe it's just that whatever group your in is how your going to receive the update, so Live group will get update via XBL and Disc group will get the update via game disc and that your going to get a disc nonetheless.

Jmocox
04-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Mine still says "pending". FAIL.

Spanish Assault
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Just be careful what info you post on here...part of the rules is not to blog about this.

Deyankees1
04-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm in the live group woot woot LIVE ALL DAY, boooo the disc group lol. Still no word on when?

Glowin Smurff
04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
so not cool that canada couldnt even sign up like wtf

which would still require international shipping including customs/duties paid. so it's more then likely a cost thing.

xxJUSTINxx
04-06-2011, 11:06 PM
which would still require international shipping including customs/duties paid. so it's more then likely a cost thing.
And the fact they don't need ever place to test out a new disk format. I'm glad I got in either way though, kinda was surprised since I'm only silver. Been in every preview program so far. :D

xdisturbedx666
04-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I never got an email but when I went to the site it says I'm in the live part which is cool. I actually just turned on my xbox and got an update so it looks like its going out now. Its got quite a bit to it as well since my xbox has restarted a few times already. I'm just glad I got to be a part of it.

Edit: basically if ur in the live part u should have an update otherwise you have to wait for your disk.

Nemesis54
04-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Hell Yes Xbox live Group!!!!

andami
04-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Edit: basically if ur in the live part u should have an update otherwise you have to wait for your disk.
Actually, everyone who's in should be getting their updates. There are really two updates. Live will get both, Disk will only get the Beta Dash update.

xdisturbedx666
04-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Actually, everyone who's in should be getting their updates. There are really two updates. Live will get both, Disk will only get the Beta Dash update.

My bad I must have misinterpreted what i read.

imatt B4M
04-07-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm in disk :) what one is better?

nagal
04-07-2011, 02:57 AM
how do you know what one your in?

EDIT: i seen on the connect website,, im in the disc group :D

Johiden
04-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Due to the nature of this update we will be splitting the Xbox LIVE Update Preview audience into two separate segments. This means we will have some unique scenarios associated to each group so that we can get the test coverage we are seeking for this update. On your console, once it is properly registered into the program you will be able to see the ‘Xbox Beta Channel’ and the first slot will also identify the AUDIENCE you are registered into.
YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience
· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

Aweomsauce!!

davezpsp
04-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Im in the LIVE group!

LordDVS
04-07-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm in the live group. Does anyone know when the update is going to be released?

I guess, now. Explains why I was offline. Took a while to get back up and running, so can't wait to see what happens during this testing. I had totally forgot about this til just a little while ago.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-07-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm in on the Live Update.

Tyrion619
04-07-2011, 05:08 AM

There's only one "system" update that I know of.

Just 2 different ways of distributing it.

The LIVE update enables your system to play the new format disc, which will be sent to you separately.

The disc version contains said update on the disc itself that gets sent to you and will install when you first pop the game in.

Madfrog0
04-07-2011, 05:23 AM
So bummed i missed this...

StillTIPPIN187
04-07-2011, 06:14 AM
There's only one "system" update that I know of.

Just 2 different ways of distributing it.

The LIVE update enables your system to play the new format disc, which will be sent to you separately.

The disc version contains said update on the disc itself that gets sent to you and will install when you first pop the game in.

Correct.. and things could change and we could all be hit with many updates as its in beta.

Chaosflare
04-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Was quite pleased to learn that I'm in the Disc group.

Skititlez
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Any word if Hulu Plus and that avatar talk program will eventually be a part of this beta or is it strictly the new disc format that we're getting?

Chaosx721
04-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Any word if Hulu Plus and that avatar talk program will eventually be a part of this beta or is it strictly the new disc format that we're getting?
So far its strictly the new disc format, they haven't said anything else. Also I don't think they'll have a beta for Hulu Plus, it will just pop up and work when ever they add it in, which I think might be this summer, maybe.

Worhammer
04-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Disc update checkin in.

Also, never got an email (and thus was very sad that I didn't get in...) but decided to check anyway.

Imagine my surprise. :D

Tyrion619
04-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Disc update checkin in.

Also, never got an email (and thus was very sad that I didn't get in...) but decided to check anyway.

Imagine my surprise. :D

Yeah, they never bothered to send out any e-mail notifications.

Left it up to us to check on the status ourselves.......or randomly find Halo: Reach in our mailboxes.

Zen25
04-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Never did get an e-mail, just happened to check the website and found I was in the Live group. Went and installed the update, so now the waiting game begins.

Windrunner50
04-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah no email here either, but turned on xbox this morning and got the update.

Chipsonfire
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah no email here either, but turned on xbox this morning and got the update.
Same here. I wasn't even sure I was in the group except for the fact that it was saying things like "If you are in this group this will happen; if you are in that one this other thing will happen" implying that I was actually in lol.

Joeycool 92
04-07-2011, 06:35 PM
US get everything better compared to everywhere else :/ and also i already have Halo Reach so wouldnt see the point lol

Burnout x360a
04-07-2011, 06:37 PM
US get everything better compared to everywhere else :/ and also i already have Halo Reach so wouldnt see the point lol

The only reason this is US only is because it's easier and cheaper to send out the discs.

tre peezy092
04-07-2011, 06:41 PM
The only reason this is US only is because it's easier and cheaper to send out the discs.

has anyone got their halo reach copies yet?

StillTIPPIN187
04-07-2011, 06:46 PM

How many ppl have to complain about this? If MS wasn't based in the states then you can bet that the US wouldn't be participating in this.. But it is, so the states is easiest, quickest, and cheapest ppl to have participating.

and ffs, if all you wanted was the damn disc then your not worthy to participate anyway IMO.

Chaosx721
04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Probably wont get them till next week. They're "finalizing the logistics to distribute the discs" as of yesterday.

Dramatic Unknown
04-08-2011, 01:23 AM
America FTW

Dramatic Unknown
04-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Um how can u tell if youre in the LIVE group or DISC group on the Xbox Beta program of spring 2011?

THF_Reborn
04-08-2011, 08:58 AM
My copy of reach was destroyed 3 days ago, just as they send me a new one. Funny how things turn out sometimes...:p

StillTIPPIN187
04-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Um how can u tell if youre in the LIVE group or DISC group on the Xbox Beta program of spring 2011?

If you signed up and dont have the update, then your not inthe LIVE group.

Go to the MS connect website and you could possibly be in the DISC group.

JeremyVersion1
04-09-2011, 07:30 AM
I managed to get in on the last dashboard beta, and now this one. I'm in the disc group, and look forward to getting Halo: Reach. It'd be nice if they did stuff like this more often. :)

MagicMurderBag7
04-09-2011, 04:34 PM
As soon as a company from the UK gets off their asses and makes a game console you will be getting all the exclusive shit for that. Just like how Japan gets all the exclusive games and 6 month early releases from Nintendo.

Burnout x360a
04-09-2011, 04:37 PM

No idea, i'm in the UK so can't participate.

candyboy5616
04-10-2011, 02:32 AM
does the dash-bored update ask me to update or is it just there when i turn on my 360?

Twisted Renegad
04-10-2011, 03:37 AM
it will automatically pop up when you turn it on. or is supposed to.

StillTIPPIN187
04-10-2011, 04:38 AM
does the dash-bored update ask me to update or is it just there when i turn on my 360?

It has to ask you. They are not allowed to change anything on ur console unless you agree to it.

JeremyVersion1
04-10-2011, 04:43 AM

If you're in the group that gets the dashboard via online, then it'll pop up when you turn the system on. If you're in the disc based group, you have to wait for the disc/Halo: Reach to get the update.

Stufin135
04-10-2011, 09:29 AM
No idea, i'm in the UK so can't participate.
Why post then?

Spanish Assault
04-10-2011, 01:16 PM
America FTW

As soon as a company from the UK gets off their asses and makes a game console you will be getting all the exclusive shit for that. Just like how Japan gets all the exclusive games and 6 month early releases from Nintendo.

whats the point of these posts, except to start a flame war....if you are looking to flame this is where the trolls live: TROLLS CLICK HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1414)

JeremyVersion1
04-10-2011, 02:02 PM
whats the point of these posts, except to start a flame war....if you are looking to flame this is where the trolls live: TROLLS CLICK HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1414)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jeremy-V1/laughing.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jeremy-V1/laughing.gif

nagal
04-11-2011, 05:15 AM

LOL.. wow i just blew dr.peppa out my nose..

ARCANEVALORE
04-11-2011, 05:31 AM
US only, I could care less though to be honest I liked the first dashboard the best :D

This be DMK
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Got my disc just a few seconds ago and am installing the update. Ddin't expect it to get here so quick.

The Bamshizzle
04-11-2011, 03:28 PM
got my disc 30 min ago. bout to try it now

TRICKY1976
04-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Gutted its not for UK just like the kinect beta one wish the UK would get stuff like this now n again!!

Worhammer
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Aw....why's my mail gotta be so late in the day? Suck.

AndyFreak457
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
came in the mail today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/DDRfreak457/reach.jpg

This be DMK
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Campaign level seemed to take longer to load then my regular Reach disc.

StillTIPPIN187
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
came in the mail today

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/DDRfreak457/reach.jpg

Yup. Got mine too.

Looks different than yours though.. Guess they have printed the info differently.

Muhnamana
04-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, nice to see people are having their discs arrive. I wonder if the nice postman will deliver mind today?

EDIT:
Just as I posted this, the wifey called and said it arrived! WOOT!

StillTIPPIN187
04-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Gutted its not for UK just like the kinect beta one wish the UK would get stuff like this now n again!!

Yeah its just too bad MS didn't spend even MORE to ship them over seas..

I mean damn, They were shipped overnight!.. Do you know how expensive that is? ffs!.. So suck it up and move along with your day. Its not a big deal.

JeremyVersion1
04-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Did you guys get it through the US Post Office or FedEx?

Muhnamana
04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Did you guys get it through the US Post Office or FedEx?

My guess would be US Post Office since I never received any email with some kind of tracking number for FedEx.

This be DMK
04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Mine came through Fedex. Didn't expect this early either, glad I was home today.

Lord Chabelo
04-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Does the Reach disc include the DLC?

JeremyVersion1
04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
My guess would be US Post Office since I never received any email with some kind of tracking number for FedEx.

Mine came through Fedex. Didn't expect this early either, glad I was home today.

Not ten minutes after I posted that and FedEx showed up with the game. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jeremy-V1/laughing.gif

Does the Reach disc include the DLC?

Not that I'm aware of. It wanted to take me to the marketplace to download new content but I figured that was a standard choice in the game.

The game plays just fine, took about three minutes to update on the system, and so far I haven't noticed any big changes. Reach did load faster during matchmaking though, so that's something (last year I would have to wait upwards of five minutes for a match).

The Bamshizzle
04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
my disc looks different from yours. i updated thru the disc and not live. maybe that determines which disc you get. ive never played reach so i dont know if anything has changed

This be DMK
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
So who all got the green Halo Reach disc and what group were you apart of?

JeremyVersion1
04-11-2011, 06:04 PM
So who all got the green Halo Reach disc and what group were you apart of?

I got the green disc, and am in the disc update group.

ZiM1021
04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm in the Live update. Are you supposed to get the discs at the same time as the people in the Disc update or later on? I've been confused about this for a while now.

Burnout x360a
04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm in the Live update. Are you supposed to get the discs at the same time as the people in the Disc update or later on? I've been confused about this for a while now.

I'm not from the US but i assumed the LIVE and DISC groups were separate?

Seeing as MS are based in the US why would they spend MORE shipping discs to other countries?

I'm in the UK too but i couldn't care less as we all benefit in the end..

ZiM1021
04-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah. One has the update on the disc and the other gets the update through Live. Just curious if the discs come at the same time.

This be DMK
04-11-2011, 06:13 PM
I got the green disc, and am in the disc update group.

Same here, I'm thinking the colored ones are for disc update group and the one pictured above for XBL update group. Until shown otherwise of course.

quickhhh
04-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah, got it less then 2 minuets ago by the FedEx man.

BTW I'm in the live group in case anyone was interested.

ZiM1021
04-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah, got it less then 2 minuets ago by the FedEx man.

BTW I'm in the live group in case anyone was interested.

Guess this answers my question. :)

A ZombieTwinkie
04-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Mine came in today through FedEx when I was running around town. Looks like the one posted above. (didn't know there were two different colored discs)

Deyankees1
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Coming home from school I enter the elevator with a FedEx guy we get off on the same floor we then walked to the same door, it was creepy to say the least but we had a good laugh about it.

Gonna eat then try it out.

ZiM1021
04-11-2011, 06:35 PM
10 minutes after posting, FedEx came with my disc lol

BoBoMaster13
04-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Got mine. In the live update group. About to try it out.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
got mine today, not seeing much of a different yet. Beta blade seems "buggy"

Jonathon
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Just got mine as well, I have a green label on my disc though. Different than the picture above.

KillerChris8814
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Just got mine as well, I have a green label on my disc though. Different than the picture above.

Just got mine and it looks like his.

King Agam
04-11-2011, 08:52 PM
got mine...i'm part of the live update.

Spanish Assault
04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
They also stated we might get some other goodies...anyone get anything else?

Tyrion619
04-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Just woke up from a nap and came downstairs to get on here and noticed everyone is getting their discs.

Then I look on the counter-top and see a package from FedEx. Yay!

xxJUSTINxx
04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I wish it had at least game art, lol I might just buy a cheap one off eBay.

ViRaLuNdEaD
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Got my disc today! Mine looks like the pic above, no green label. I wonder if it has to do with what part of the beta you are in, the Live or the Disc portion.

LordDVS
04-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Got my disc today! Mine looks like the pic above, no green label. I wonder if it has to do with what part of the beta you are in, the Live or the Disc portion.

That's what it sounds like from what people have been posting here. I'm in the LIVE group, and I have just the plain-jane disc, nothing green about it.

Burning Karma
04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
To everyone that has gotten their disc: how did it arrive (FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc.)?

institutions
04-12-2011, 01:50 AM
To everyone that has gotten their disc: how did it arrive (FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc.)?

Mine came FedEx this morning.
They used Standard Overnight shipping, so if you haven't gotten yours yet, you should tomorrow.

Burning Karma
04-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Mine came FedEx this morning.
They used Standard Overnight shipping, so if you haven't gotten yours yet, you should tomorrow.
Except mine's coming to a post office box, so it won't be FedEx delivering it. At least, it shouldn't.

Keytta
04-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Forgot to check the mail then saw the family stuck it on the counter and there was my envelope; FedEx and green label. I wasn't going to buy this as I don't play much MP except to boost but now I guess I will have to start it.

AndyFreak457
04-12-2011, 03:14 AM
does anyone know if its safe to install the game with the new disc format?

12ozkrue
04-12-2011, 03:19 AM
idk if i'd install it lol
so far i just have a glitchy beta channel...
my beta disc is generic as hell too if i get the urge to not be lazy i'll post it

xxJUSTINxx
04-12-2011, 03:31 AM
does anyone know if its safe to install the game with the new disc format?
It's safe, this isn't the first disk to force an update on start up. I just wish I had Live to play a few matches. Only if they included a 1month code.

FlyBoy120586
04-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Got my disc today as well. It's a green one.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w42/flyboy120586/DiscPic.jpg

Worhammer
04-12-2011, 04:40 AM

Got the green disc, so my guess is that everybody who gets the green is DISC and everybody who gets the other is LIVE.

Got home from the gym & was told "Hey, you got a package from fedex" and I said "OH YEAH! IT'S HERE!"

haha. Good looks I got, lemme tell ya.....

DragonsGoMOO
04-12-2011, 05:28 AM
I got it. I'll tell you what.

I left the house and got into my car around 12:55 pm, and saw a FedEx truck drive by. So I sat in the car a few minutes waiting for him to come by. He goes around the block. I decided to follow him to see where he's going (since there are multiple entrances/exits).
I drive by the block, to intersection and I don't see him anymore. I slowly drive out onto main road, and there he is, right behind me. I was really disappointed he didn't stop by my house.

THEN! I get outta class, ready to go home to see if I got the package. Nail got into my tire. I was forced to pull over and put air into it. And slowly drive to a place to fix my tire. But before that, I drive home (it's on the way) and I see the package immediately. I start yelling, telling my girlfriend to get the freak out and get the package for me. She does it. But she takes her time, and I'm waiting in the car idling. She likes to pull my hair.

Then she gets into my car, and slowly opens it while I'm driving (I sped away quickly to get to the tire place and to get it over with). She takes her time and I'm freaking out, telling her to open it and tell me what's in it. She pulls out the paper first, and start reading it. .....silently to herself. Then I get at a stoplight and yank the paper from her and read it.

She finally pulls out the case with the disc and shows me. I get to the tire place, and hide it under my blanket in the backseat so no one will steal it (I'm very paranoid about trusting people).

"But I want to go to Best Buy!" So I gotta take the girl to Best Buy. She takes her time. Looks at refrigerators we don't even need, or can afford anyway, for about $3,000. Great, it's time to check out movies. I'm a nice guy, every time we started walking to the exit, I ask her, "Hey, is there anything else you wanna check out?" Sadly, she nodded. So we look at the games, because she wants Sims 3 so badly (Didn't let her buy it because her birthday's coming up, and I'm thinking of doing it for her). And I ended up buying Gears of War 1-2/DLC package for 30 dollars.

I finally get home and I immediately put the disc into the Xbox. It loads. I play. I quit after 15 minutes and take a nap with the girl.

JeremyVersion1
04-12-2011, 07:24 AM
I got it. I'll tell you what.

I left the house and got into my car around 12:55 pm, and saw a FedEx truck drive by. So I sat in the car a few minutes waiting for him to come by. He goes around the block. I decided to follow him to see where he's going (since there are multiple entrances/exits).
I drive by the block, to intersection and I don't see him anymore. I slowly drive out onto main road, and there he is, right behind me. I was really disappointed he didn't stop by my house.

THEN! I get outta class, ready to go home to see if I got the package. Nail got into my tire. I was forced to pull over and put air into it. And slowly drive to a place to fix my tire. But before that, I drive home (it's on the way) and I see the package immediately. I start yelling, telling my girlfriend to get the freak out and get the package for me. She does it. But she takes her time, and I'm waiting in the car idling. She likes to pull my hair.

Then she gets into my car, and slowly opens it while I'm driving (I sped away quickly to get to the tire place and to get it over with). She takes her time and I'm freaking out, telling her to open it and tell me what's in it. She pulls out the paper first, and start reading it. .....silently to herself. Then I get at a stoplight and yank the paper from her and read it.

She finally pulls out the case with the disc and shows me. I get to the tire place, and hide it under my blanket in the backseat so no one will steal it (I'm very paranoid about trusting people).

"But I want to go to Best Buy!" So I gotta take the girl to Best Buy. She takes her time. Looks at refrigerators we don't even need, or can afford anyway, for about $3,000. Great, it's time to check out movies. I'm a nice guy, every time we started walking to the exit, I ask her, "Hey, is there anything else you wanna check out?" Sadly, she nodded. So we look at the games, because she wants Sims 3 so badly (Didn't let her buy it because her birthday's coming up, and I'm thinking of doing it for her). And I ended up buying Gears of War 1-2/DLC package for 30 dollars.

I finally get home and I immediately put the disc into the Xbox. It loads. I play. I quit after 15 minutes and take a nap with the girl.

.......it's just Halo: Reach brother. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jeremy-V1/laughing.gif

xxJUSTINxx
04-12-2011, 08:41 AM
.......it's just Halo: Reach brother. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jeremy-V1/laughing.gif
I was going to say the same, LOL The only reason they gave a free copy of Halo: Reach is the sheer fact its dying off pretty fast. It really doesn't have the huge fan base like Halo 3 and before.

DJ Tiesto Mix
04-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Wow thanks let me know :)

DragonsGoMOO
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM

Yeah, I know lol
I was just shocked that I actually was picked to be a participant and get a free game along with it. I signed up for a couple before and was never picked, so I was pretty stoked. Honestly, I don't even like Halo. Mentally prepared myself to like it, but then I got bored by the 2nd chapter or mission.

JeremyVersion1
04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I know lol
I was just shocked that I actually was picked to be a participant and get a free game along with it. I signed up for a couple before and was never picked, so I was pretty stoked. Honestly, I don't even like Halo. Mentally prepared myself to like it, but then I got bored by the 2nd chapter or mission.

I was "lucky" enough to get in on the beta test for the current dashboard. I say lucky because while it was neat to test out, I couldn't party up with my friends which proved to be a pain in the ass. I get what you're saying though, I was pretty psyched about getting in on this, but it was more about just getting a free game. I figured at least if I couldn't get into it this time (I picked it up after launch and didn't like it) I could trade it in....looks like I can't go that route. So now I'm investing time in it, and actually enjoying it - the MP anyway.

DragonsGoMOO
04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I was "lucky" enough to get in on the beta test for the current dashboard. I say lucky because while it was neat to test out, I couldn't party up with my friends which proved to be a pain in the ass. I get what you're saying though, I was pretty psyched about getting in on this, but it was more about just getting a free game. I figured at least if I couldn't get into it this time (I picked it up after launch and didn't like it) I could trade it in....looks like I can't go that route. So now I'm investing time in it, and actually enjoying it - the MP anyway.

Yeah. I was mostly psych about getting a free game that costs 60 bucks in stores around me. Even though it's a franchise I dislike, it's still cool to get. Plus, achievements time. Started it last night right off the bat on Legendary. I have never attempted that before, except for 3 levels on Halo 3 (then it broke. it was my friend's game, so I don't care lol)

Haven't tried MP.

That whole story, lol stupid now that I look at it again, was mostly because I was in a hurry due to my tire and trying to get my girlfriend to her class. We ended up ditching and fooling around at my house, then sleeping.

Anyway, anyone knows when I have to submit my review of the beta? And where?

JeremyVersion1
04-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah. I was mostly psych about getting a free game that costs 60 bucks in stores around me. Even though it's a franchise I dislike, it's still cool to get. Plus, achievements time. Started it last night right off the bat on Legendary. I have never attempted that before, except for 3 levels on Halo 3 (then it broke. it was my friend's game, so I don't care lol)

Haven't tried MP.

Yeah I was hoping it would be a standard disc, that way I could trade it in, in case I ended up not liking it. However, I've put more time and patience into the game then I did the first time and am really enjoying it. The MP needs some improvement, but it's still solid.

Anyway, anyone knows when I have to submit my review of the beta? And where?

http://connect.microsoft.com

Chipsonfire
04-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I just got mine through Fed Ex. It may have arrived yesterday; I had it sent to my campus mail and didn't check.
That's what it sounds like from what people have been posting here. I'm in the LIVE group, and I have just the plain-jane disc, nothing green about it.
Got the green disc, so my guess is that everybody who gets the green is DISC and everybody who gets the other is LIVE.

I'm in the LIVE group and mine is green. Looks like we have to start from square one lol.

Dreamer84
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Damn I wanted to participate too :(

Lone Soldier x7
04-12-2011, 09:24 PM
So I got the green disc. Am I suppose to get a system update before I put in the disc or am I going to get an update once I put it in. I don't want it so it doesn't let me sign in.

DragonsGoMOO
04-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah I was hoping it would be a standard disc, that way I could trade it in, in case I ended up not liking it. However, I've put more time and patience into the game then I did the first time and am really enjoying it. The MP needs some improvement, but it's still solid.

http://connect.microsoft.com

Yeah, I would've liked a regular disc. But this gives me incentive to actually beat it and try to get all of the achievements (screw them if they think I'm buying DLC)

Thanks, I totally forgot about that place, and I have it bookmarked.

KillerChris8814
04-12-2011, 10:48 PM
So I got the green disc. Am I suppose to get a system update before I put in the disc or am I going to get an update once I put it in. I don't want it so it doesn't let me sign in.

You'll get the update once you put it in and go to play it.

AndyFreak457
04-13-2011, 02:01 AM
It's safe, this isn't the first disk to force an update on start up. I just wish I had Live to play a few matches. Only if they included a 1month code.

I'm not talking about installing the update. I mean installing the game to the HD to make it run without the disc

Spanish Assault
04-13-2011, 02:07 AM

REMINDER: The Xbox LIVE preview program is confidential. Please don’t disclose, share, or discuss preview program materials, except as allowed in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program Agreement. Specifically, please:

DO NOT Blog about the beta materials.
DO NOT Post pictures, screenshots, or video clips of the beta materials.
DO NOT Discuss the beta materials, in discussion forums, emails, or podcasts.
DO NOT Talk with the media or press about the beta materials. This includes bloggers, newspaper reporters, and television reporters.

Burning Karma
04-13-2011, 02:12 AM
REMINDER: The Xbox LIVE preview program is confidential. Please don’t disclose, share, or discuss preview program materials, except as allowed in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program Agreement. Specifically, please:

DO NOT Talk with the media or press about the beta materials. This includes bloggers, newspaper reporters, and television reporters.

People have been ripping that NDA to shreds. Almost, if not all, of the major game sites have pictures and whatnot.

xxJUSTINxx
04-13-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm not talking about installing the update. I mean installing the game to the HD to make it run without the disc
That's what I was talking about. Newer games like Crysis also had a force update to the Kinect Dashboard. Installing the game to the HDD wont do anything.

Glowin Smurff
04-13-2011, 03:53 AM
All of these, what colors your disc should be done via the connect forum they provide, not random forums, yeah the NDA's been ripped to shreds by too many people, watch this be the last public beta.

FlyBoy120586
04-13-2011, 05:01 AM

People have been ripping that NDA to shreds. Almost, if not all, of the major game sites have pictures and whatnot.

Yeah... just look at Joystiq or any other well known gaming website and you'll see pics and everything.

DENAz666
04-13-2011, 05:36 AM
I love US only things like this, make me so happy..... :|

Worhammer
04-13-2011, 05:07 PM
All of these, what colors your disc should be done via the connect forum they provide, not random forums, yeah the NDA's been ripped to shreds by too many people, watch this be the last public beta.
Thing is, I doubt MS really cares that much since this isn't super top secret. If it were, and they cared, they would've taken more steps to prevent this stuff - like they did with the Kinect beta (the one where they sent you an actual Kinect, not the dashboard preview).

camaross2002
04-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Except mine's coming to a post office box, so it won't be FedEx delivering it. At least, it shouldn't.
i just put my USPS address and i havent reacived it yet i did not know they were going to ship through fedex the survey should atleast tell u what service will be mailed to u,im a contact microsoft see what they say

Tyrion619
04-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Thing is, I doubt MS really cares that much since this isn't super top secret. If it were, and they cared, they would've taken more steps to prevent this stuff - like they did with the Kinect beta (the one where they sent you an actual Kinect, not the dashboard preview).

Quoted for truth.

I missed out on the Kinect beta.

Just as well, didn't really care to get one.

ManCowBear
04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I missed out on the Kinect beta.

Just as well, didn't really care to get one.

The kinect beta would have been awesome to have participate in.
I was in the last dashboard update, homefront beta, full house poker beta and now this dashboard update. I hope this update will have Hulu Plus

Burning Karma
04-15-2011, 02:20 AM
I just wish they would get my copy of Reach to me so I can test it out. -__-

xxJUSTINxx
04-15-2011, 03:20 AM
You should really contact them to make sure nothing happen. Just login to the connect page.

camaross2002
04-15-2011, 04:09 AM
You should really contact them to make sure nothing happen. Just login to the connect page.i contacted them they really didnt do much they just told me to re-submit my info but there was no way to edit ur address and i told them i cant so they told me to wait a few days if u havent gotten the game/email to contact them thats pretty much it it.

me too man i did the same thing as you feelsbadman i should of put my physical address too since i didnt know which mailing service they were going to use so i decided to put my po box address thinking its going to come thru the mail.

DragonsGoMOO
04-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Isn't it easier to lose packages with mailmen than FedEx or UPS? I would think Microsoft wouldn't want to chance that.

But then again, I know nothing of the correspondence world. That would be my best guess.

camaross2002
04-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Isn't it easier to lose packages with mailmen than FedEx or UPS? I would think Microsoft wouldn't want to chance that.

But then again, I know nothing of the correspondence world. That would be my best guess.

i dont have a po box in front of my house i go to the post office where i live

xxJUSTINxx
04-15-2011, 07:58 AM
i dont have a po box in front of my house i go to the post office where i live
He didn't mean that, he meant the package being sent to your home address.

Delboy
04-15-2011, 08:02 AM
How gay is that! US only, atleast give us some Microsoft points or something?! Can I get an Amen?!

Chaosx721
04-15-2011, 08:37 AM
How gay is that! US only, atleast give us some Microsoft points or something?! Can I get an Amen?!
No.
/10 char

Starstrukk X360A
04-15-2011, 11:32 AM

The beta is to, you know, beta test stuff.
In this case, the disc is part of the beta testing.

I really don't see Microsoft going "HEY, REST OF THE WORLD, WE'RE SORRY WE CAN'T AFFORD TO EXTEND THIS BETA TEST TO THE REST OF THE WORLD DUE TO SHIPPING COSTS, HERE'S FREE MONEY IN THE FORM OF POINTS. ENJOY."

TAI JASON
04-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Heīs right (a little bit)

The MS point fact is sensless, but the fact we canīt take part on such beta testīs is stupid.

MS got some companyīs around the entire world, so "shipping" is not a problem. But this is not new to european gamer....after the US we are the biggest market for videogames, but we still got not the support like the US.

Netflix, FFM, Marketplace, Arcadegames, special offers...itīs an endless list. If i donīt have an US account, an VPN server and US pointcards i canīt even dowload a lot of DLCīs. Thanks MS....hmmm but Sony is even the same/or much more ugly in this fact.

Worhammer
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Heīs right (a little bit)

The MS point fact is sensless, but the fact we canīt take part on such beta testīs is stupid.

MS got some companyīs around the entire world, so "shipping" is not a problem. But this is not new to european gamer....after the US we are the biggest market for videogames, but we still got not the support like the US.

Netflix, FFM, Marketplace, Arcadegames, special offers...itīs an endless list. If i donīt have an US account, an VPN server and US pointcards i canīt even dowload a lot of DLCīs. Thanks MS....hmmm but Sony is even the same/or much more ugly in this fact.
When they have netflix in your region, then you can complain about not having netflix on your console.

:rolleyes:

Burning Karma
04-16-2011, 02:53 AM
You should really contact them to make sure nothing happen. Just login to the connect page.
I contacted FedEx. Nothing there. Contacted Xbox Support; they directed me to the connect.microsoft.com page. I swear, how hard is it to communicate with your customers, M$?

A ZombieTwinkie
04-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know if a friend of mine brings his profile over (which doesnt have the beta) and play on my console (which has the beta) Would there be any problems with his profile afterwards?

Alrohir
04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Does anyone know if a friend of mine brings his profile over (which doesnt have the beta) and play on my console (which has the beta) Would there be any problems with his profile afterwards?

no that wont do anything. Just dont put your beta disc into his console.

nagal
04-26-2011, 01:22 AM

whats the xbox beta program on your recent games? am i missing something with my beta disk?

Tyrion619
04-26-2011, 01:41 AM

I don't know why, but that sounded really obscene....

LordDVS
04-26-2011, 02:10 AM
whats the xbox beta program on your recent games? am i missing something with my beta disk?
I was wondering the same thing. How'd you get an Icon for the Beta?

DucknahEireann
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Damn USA.....lol

ME5HUGGAH
04-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Why isn't Canada so lucky? :(

Raian the Fallen
04-27-2011, 04:12 AM
Damn, can't sign up anymore.

Wanted that free copy of Reach.

Alrohir
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM

no that was for the ms employee kinect beta.

Spanish Assault
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
I got my beta reward!!

Mark V flaming Helmet!!

cHRiSCOe
05-27-2011, 03:01 AM
Wish I would hve seen this earlier. It's closed

This be DMK
05-27-2011, 04:11 AM
I got my beta reward!!

Mark V flaming Helmet!!

What do you mean?

DragonsGoMOO
05-27-2011, 04:39 AM
What do you mean?

Check your email, if you were selected for the Beta Testing of the Dashboard and received Halo Reach free.

It's an avatar award. I got it. It looks pretty bad. I don't like it at all.

Chaosflare
05-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Oh, wow.
Good thing I'd checked this thread; apparently I got that email and never noticed. xD

EDIT:
This link should help for those confused:
http://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate/ProductKeys

This be DMK
05-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Check your email, if you were selected for the Beta Testing of the Dashboard and received Halo Reach free.

Thank you. Got it too, surprised they actually gave away an award for simply beta testing something like this, on top of getting a free copy of Reach.

Everyone who beta tested should check their email, if not activated by June 10th it will no longer work.

Worhammer
05-27-2011, 06:20 AM

I already had it from when gamestop gave them away. I didn't like it either. It'd look a lot cooler if the flames actually moved :(

Son of Kyuss
05-27-2011, 06:33 AM
^I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it :p.

I didn't think Microsoft would be giving out an award for this update as it isn't as significant as the NXE or Kinect beta was. Still, it's nice to see them rewarding beta testers with at least something... hope the Ms. Splosion Man beta will get a reward like this.

Spanish Assault
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
^I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it :p.

I didn't think Microsoft would be giving out an award for this update as it isn't as significant as the NXE or Kinect beta was. Still, it's nice to see them rewarding beta testers with at least something... hope the Ms. Splosion Man beta will get a reward like this.
Not bad, I got a extra copy of Reach and this award...all I did was download an update.

Jack Flak
05-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Lame. Still never got my Reach. SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!

Worhammer
05-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Lame. Still never got my Reach. SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!
Yes, screw you MS for giving us free stuff. Or even TRYING to give us free stuff, if you didn't get yours.

It's not like they took something from you, or didn't give you something you were owed.

Burning Karma
05-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Yes, screw you MS for giving us free stuff. Or even TRYING to give us free stuff, if you didn't get yours.

It's not like they took something from you, or didn't give you something you were owed.
Actually, I don't blame him. I was in a similar position. When something is basically promised to you, and is undelivered, it makes you a little peeved.

StillTIPPIN187
05-28-2011, 09:56 AM
lol that award blows.. Shoulda gave out the actual in game flaming helmet for reach. Yeah right.

I actually wish i had just sold this on ebay for whatever its worth.. Got 24 bucks for the beta disc itself.

ManCowBear
05-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Did anyone else receive two Halo Reach disks?

This be DMK
05-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Nope, just the single green disc based download update.

SteveDGamer
05-29-2011, 01:12 AM

I feel your pain !

Gravedigger31133
05-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Is my dashboard still suppose to have the Beta channel? I thought the full update came out.

andami
05-29-2011, 06:49 AM
The update is being released in waves. I think either tomorrow or Monday is the final wave.

LordDVS
05-29-2011, 06:51 AM
That's what it looked like to me too, but having not seen an update to the dashboard, it's safe to say it's not yet. I'm guessing they are just "officially" ending the beta testing phase, and will do the update maybe sometime this week or very soon. Not like it was anything visually obvious anyway.