PDA

View Full Version : Broken Record

nastymastadaddy
03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I have yet to lose a tournament or skip any (except the DLC ones) and I am in my second season and about half way through after I won a tournament I went to look at the rankings and noticed tiger passed me in the rankings. What the hell???? I think this achievement has to be 281 weeks in a row because under my stats it says I am back at 0 weeks at #1. Does this mean you can't skip the DLC course tournaments? If so then fuck you EA.

Also does anyone know how to get the prototype pin. I know you probably have to unlock those clubs but does this mean you have to do all of the sponsor challenges?

epnike23
03-30-2011, 11:40 AM
That would truly suck that even though you win every event you play and skip DLC that someone could legitimately take over your #1 spot. That sounds just like the NCAA football achievement where you had to stay #1 all year and somehow another team from a non-BCS conference sneaks into the #1 spot even though you are undefeated and playing a much harder schedule...screw you EA for your whacked out ranking systems.

Also, I think for the prototype clubs, you will probably have to play each sponsor challenge at least once to unlock all clubs/clothing but you shouldn't have to do it more than that.

ajennice
03-31-2011, 05:03 AM
PGA rankings do not ONLY count wins. Inthe previous TW games, you could check your rankings in gir, fir, putts, driving accuacy...etc...
Those all go into PGA ranking.

If you're winning but missing fairways, greens, 2 putting alot.. these will diminish your overall rankings.

Best is to play the tee to green game, get birdies when you can, get the lead then go all out and attack the course.

I'm in season 3 with 0 losses and 90+ in fir, gir, 1.4 Putting, 300+ yds avg drive and more eagles than bogies. Well ahead of the field in stats.

Work on those stats as well and you'll get back to no 1 and stay there.

Anabolics
03-31-2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah, i was wondering how the EA leaderboard did it because i would play some games and move up 80 points and about 50 slots, then others i would move 18 points and 12 spots. So he is right, the stats on the course effect.

Also noticed that you lose approx -6 points for skipping dlc

hope this helps

ajennice
03-31-2011, 05:27 AM
you will lose pts... this isn't EA making a reason to buy the dlc.. it's PGA rules.

play for strong stats.... if you win by 1 and get good course stats it's better than blowing the field out by missing fairways, greens, and chipping in every so often.

If you're having issues with hittig straigh shots tune the clubs for a LARGER sweetsopt... you'lll veere off less if you're not taking the stick back and up straight (my issue).

TrishTheDish
03-31-2011, 06:20 AM
you will lose pts... this isn't EA making a reason to buy the dlc.. it's PGA rules.

PGA Rules are EA can't include all the tournaments in the retail game, instead making you pay extra for them?

nastymastadaddy
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I reached 291 weeks and didnt get my achievement and was pissed. I passed 281 during the transition from season to season (You get credit for 30 somethin weeks in the transition from season to season i believe it is). So I started up my first event the next season and after the round the achievement popped. Just thought I would post it to let anyone know.