PDA

View Full Version : A bit paranoid about my 360's wealth

IAmNerd247
03-30-2011, 08:45 AM
I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas for the past 4 days now, with good to 7 hours each day, and when I went for the Damage achievements (like going into the strips/hotels killing everyone, it froze/crashed like a mo'fo at least 8 times in total.

So when that did happen I tried going to the dashboard, doesn't work completely froze. So I hold the power button untill it shuts itself off then I'd wait like 7-10 seconds before turning it on again with the disc in, then I'd boot up the game again.

Here's where I get paranoid lol, I've had my 360 slim for a few months and I'm very happy about it so a glitchy game like Fallout New Vegas does that harm my 360 in any way at all? By turning it off and then on again after a few seconds?

When I said 8 times I don't mean consuctively (I think that's the right word?) But more like it happend occasionly.

Or is there a better way when a game freezes your 360 to turn it off/booting it up again?

I took my disc out of my 360 last night when it crashed again, before turning it off then just let it be for the rest of the night without playing since I was tired anyway.

I hope all of this makes sense.

Rarely does a game crash/freeze on me that many times so I'm not familiar with what the best way is to shut off/turn on your 360 again. If there even is a best method of doing so.

Thanks for reading. :)

VladimirK
03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
It should be fine.

Really just a combination of New Vegas being buggy and lately the actual dashboard has been really buggy. Like this morning with me it was literally going non-responsive just by trying to view my active downloads and kept telling me how Marketplace stuff wasn't working.

IAmNerd247
03-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Okay thanks bro. Helps to know that it doesn't harm my 360. lol :)

JDMBO1
03-30-2011, 09:14 AM
it's part of that whole getting ready to update bit by bit to the new dashboard

but yea this shouldn't affect your XB360S in anyway at all, it'll corrupt your save, but that's something else entirely

IAmNerd247
03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
it's part of that whole getting ready to update bit by bit to the new dashboard

but yea this shouldn't affect your XB360S in anyway at all, it'll corrupt your save, but that's something else entirely

Don't worry, I don't rely on auto saves entirely. ;)

JDMBO1
03-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Don't worry, I don't rely on auto saves entirely. ;)
Trust me that's why I said that's a whole other story in and of its own self

Then again did you speed rush to the Vegas Strip? or did you take your time and work your way up through the game and then decided on the killing points achievements?(I'm trying to process a glitch here need data impute):D

IAmNerd247
03-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Trust me that's why I said that's a whole other story in and of its own self

Then again did you speed rush to the Vegas Strip? or did you take your time and work your way up through the game and then decided on the killing points achievements?(I'm trying to process a glitch here need data impute):D

My first playthrough I did it nice and slow, clocked over 20 hours into it.

Now on my 2nd run I'm doing a speedrun up and till NCR's questline, from there I'll take it slow.

The problem is that whenever I did the damage achievements on the strips, outside on the street/inside the hotels/buildings etc alot of shit happens and I don't think the game takes lightly to that.

JDMBO1
03-30-2011, 11:51 AM
My first playthrough I did it nice and slow, clocked over 20 hours into it.

Now on my 2nd run I'm doing a speedrun up and till NCR's questline, from there I'll take it slow.

The problem is that whenever I did the damage achievements on the strips, outside on the street/inside the hotels/buildings etc alot of shit happens and I don't think the game takes lightly to that.
Well, thanks I think I've confirmed something here.

So the game takes greater processing, because you become hostile towards everyone in the strip. Which in turn means more loading on the consoles part. Doing something externally(i.e hitting the guide button, opening the pipe-boy, pressing start) is a possible factor. That's why I fucked with the Caesar's Legion, oddly enough no lag was created from this whatsoever.

IAmNerd247
03-30-2011, 12:11 PM
It's weird. ;)

JDMBO1
03-30-2011, 12:15 PM
It's weird. ;)
it's called life wild and unpredictable :p

ReaptheChaos
03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas for the past 4 days now, with good to 7 hours each day...

With New Vegas, I found that after a couple of hours the game kept getting slower and slower for load times. What you need to do is, after about 1-2 hours of play, save, shut it off and reload the game. It speeds it up and should keep it from crashing as often.

Penguino Rojo
03-30-2011, 01:30 PM
What you described is a frequent issue I had with FO3 and FO NV. And Oblivion IIRC. Just the nature of the games. It shouldn't affect your Xbox's Wealth...or Health :)

IVI4V3R1CK
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
I've had the same issue when I would be doing long video game sessions. Games like Final Fantasy XIII would lock up my system when I've been playing for 8+ hours straight, especially when a video would come up or something. More recently it has been happening with games like Harry Potter, as there is no real way to save your current status when playing on hard, I would just let it sit if I went to do something else, and then come back to it.

I wouldn't worry too much though, as mentioned F:NV has been buggy and could be doing lockups just because the system is trying to render something that is no bueno. If it happens with other games though, and it happens more frequently, I would then suggest saving money for a new XBox.