PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Europe, questions....

Avenging Skull
03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
I've had an American xbox for 2 years, and now I'm moving to Europe. I'm selling my Xbox here, and buying one when I get over there. If I take my hard drive with me, and transfered all of the game data I have, would I able to, say, pick up where I left off on my Gears 2 campaign? Or would it not work simply because of the region?

What about dlc like Undead Nightmare and Lair of the Shadow Broker? Can I have downloaded them here, and use them with PAL game discs?

And what about my gamertag? It's American, so if I move to europe, would I just recover the gamertag? Would it still be considered American and have content available here, or would it be considered European?

All help is appreciated.

Nozza XBA
03-30-2011, 04:07 PM
You made the exact same thread last time? Why are you spamming it again? If its a different type of question, but related to the same thing ask it in the original!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=301973

Very similar and a new thread is not needed for to be honest.

I'm moving to Europe, and I'm considering instead of selling all my games and buying them again in Europe, I would just take my American Xbox 360.

I know about PAL and NTSC on the games. I have no issues with that. My first issue is voltage. If I buy a European power supply unit and plug it into an American xbox, will it work? To my understanding, the two systems are identical. Only difference is the actual PSU.

Secondly, I currently have my xbox set up to an LCD via HDMI. I'm selling the TV, so I'd buy another one in Europe. Will my American xbox work on a european hdtv with HDMI? or would I need an additional device?

Also, I have a few XBLA titles downloaded on my hard drive, as well as numerous DLC expansions. What do I do about those?

Thanks in advance.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
03-30-2011, 06:17 PM
To be fair if you want to whine about pointless posts. Add yours and now mine to the list