PDA

View Full Version : How hard is this game?

A CorpseMess
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Shoot 'em ups doesn't have to be extremely difficult but I'm just curious if this is a very difficult arcade game?

transformer809
03-30-2011, 05:08 PM
i would tell you but i didn't even know there was a game with that name. i will try it out later myself

The Stray
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Just tried the trial, its very straightfoward, at least you can play up to 2 levels with an in-game tutorial, of course there's difficulty settings that'll make it difficult.

A CorpseMess
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh okay, thanks! :)

kngdavd
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Even on normal it starts getting hard for my by level 3-4. i dont even know how long this game is.....

AssassinDK
03-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it gets pretty hard around level 4,even on normal difficulty. I'm hoping that you can unlock more continues the longer you play the game. There are 6 levels on normal and 6 + a final level on hard. But great and intense shmup, and sometimes extremely fast.

Zonic505
03-30-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm able to beat level 1 with only 1 or no hits taken, & level 2 without losing a life, but then Level 3 seems to have a diff. spike, as I died on that stage and lost all my continues. But as with most shmups, it's a matter of learning patterns and figuring which weapons to use.

Lymsleia
04-01-2011, 02:52 AM
It's hard, but that's expected from the genre. It's not insanely hard like Ikaruga.

NathAttack
04-01-2011, 04:58 AM
It's a very different style from Ikaruga being that it's extremely fast paced. If you're playing in co-op its easy to even lose which character on the screen you are.

Based on my time with it so far I'd say it's still considerably easier than Ikaruga. The Sword is extremely powerful, generally kills regular enemies in one hit, and you get a ton more points for it (around triple in my experience), which means easy extends -- Two extends can be earned in the first two levels easily (one in the first level, one in the second).

Just be careful though, certain enemies will fly down the screen and instantly start firing at you, and if you're in their face with the sword, you're going to die instantly; It's frustrating. The key is working out which enemies are going to do that, then you have 2x Vulcans equipped and go to town on them from a distance. :)

PeaceSquid
04-03-2011, 03:38 PM
No one has maxed this yet.

Looks like they've pushed the difficulty of the achvs a bit too far.

NathAttack
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
It will get maxed, it hasn't been out for a week yet has it?

It's nowhere near impossible, it's just going to take a bit longer for someone to get good enough to 1cc it on Expert.

Zonic505
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
It's also worth mentioning that over time, you can earn more credits. I THINK it's by the hour, I'm not sure, but I was able to go from 3 credits to 5, which allowed me to get to another level.

I'm willing to bet the max is 9 credits, but I'll have to see.

Todaysforgotten
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
It will get maxed, it hasn't been out for a week yet has it?

It's nowhere near impossible, it's just going to take a bit longer for someone to get good enough to 1cc it on Expert.

Expert is not the issue as a handful of people have that. The issue is 10 dan all weapons. At this point I don't know if its possible with bombs. It may be a DLC thing.

TheMollywhopper
04-04-2011, 05:07 PM
It's also worth mentioning that over time, you can earn more credits. I THINK it's by the hour, I'm not sure, but I was able to go from 3 credits to 5, which allowed me to get to another level.

I'm willing to bet the max is 9 credits, but I'll have to see.

I'm at 7, and it seemed to me that I unlocked extras after finishing the 4th and 5th missions for the first time. I could be wrong!

Todaysforgotten
04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm at 7, and it seemed to me that I unlocked extras after finishing the 4th and 5th missions for the first time. I could be wrong!

It's time based. You eventually get free play.

victoly
04-04-2011, 06:45 PM

All of the "1CC" achievements can be done in co-op using all 9 (7 remaining + 2 starting players) credits shared between the players. Also worth noting that bosses go down much faster in co-op.

The Weapon Master achievement is definitely going to be the hardest one. Weapons go from 1kyu to 10kyu, then hatsu-dan to 10dan as they gain XP (in a single game), and it's hard to gain that much experience in a single play with some weapons (namely Bomb).

TheMollywhopper
04-04-2011, 10:04 PM
All of the "1CC" achievements can be done in co-op using all 9 (7 remaining + 2 starting players) credits shared between the players. Also worth noting that bosses go down much faster in co-op.

The Weapon Master achievement is definitely going to be the hardest one. Weapons go from 1kyu to 10kyu, then hatsu-dan to 10dan as they gain XP (in a single game), and it's hard to gain that much experience in a single play with some weapons (namely Bomb).

How exactly does the xp system work here?

victoly
04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
AFAIK whatever weapons you hit an enemy with will gain XP when it dies. You get a point bonus each time a weapon levels up, useful since extra lives are at 200k, 1M and then every 1M points after that. Here's a 2-part run in Normal difficulty where the player levels all of the weapons up to 1-dan:

YouTube - Strania - Normal - 14.5 Million Points - Part 1
YouTube - Strania - Normal - 14.5 Million Points - Part 2

TheMollywhopper
04-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Good info, thanks!