PDA

View Full Version : Very Basic Question

Wembley66
03-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I've been watching some videos for tips on this game because I'm not very good at it. It seems other people can swivel the pieces into a different position and make them stay there, whilst if I do that they just swivel completely back to their original position (360 degrees) unless there is a matching colour to make a combo of three pieces. Am I doing something wrong or is there a reason for this that I don't know? I know the aim is to make a flower pattern and then make black pearls but making a flower is difficult if the pieces won't stay in place when you want them to.

I've looked at the hexic webpage and couldn't find an answer. Any help is appreciated because I've only got 40G so far.

Shinobi273
03-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Not sure what you're talking about. The pieces only stay if you make a combo or rotate a flower or pearl. The game wouldn't be difficult at all if you could move the pieces at will.

theEVOL1
04-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I've been watching some videos for tips on this game because I'm not very good at it. It seems other people can swivel the pieces into a different position and make them stay there, whilst if I do that they just swivel completely back to their original position (360 degrees) unless there is a matching colour to make a combo of three pieces. Am I doing something wrong or is there a reason for this that I don't know? I know the aim is to make a flower pattern and then make black pearls but making a flower is difficult if the pieces won't stay in place when you want them to.

I've looked at the hexic webpage and couldn't find an answer. Any help is appreciated because I've only got 40G so far.

I'm guessing that you are referring to moves that are made with a silver star. When you make a starflower, (6 like colored pieces around a center piece) the piece that results will be able to move the 6 pieces around it one move at a time without the need to make a combo.

If you are moving any 3 piece cluster, it will not stop until it makes a combo or comes all the way around to where it started. That's the challenge of the game and why it's one of the more difficult games to master.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Snowwwwy
04-08-2011, 01:57 PM
People think its a simple game, its really not, its hard and gets frustrating at times. Super frustrating haha.

Wembley66
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm guessing that you are referring to moves that are made with a silver star. When you make a starflower, (6 like colored pieces around a center piece) the piece that results will be able to move the 6 pieces around it one move at a time without the need to make a combo.

If you are moving any 3 piece cluster, it will not stop until it makes a combo or comes all the way around to where it started. That's the challenge of the game and why it's one of the more difficult games to master.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

ok that makes sense, I guess I'm just bad at the game because I can barely make one of the starflowers, nevermind a black pearl. Thanks for the help anyway.

FlexibleToad
05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
sometimes i hate this game lol

CoreCyan
05-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeeah same here man!

Kaiyo
05-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Its real frustrating when I'm trying for all the achievements on this game.

BackSpace07
06-22-2011, 03:01 AM
I think he means that when you hit A or X to turn the pieces they make a full 360 turn where as in the videos that he's seen the person could make the piece move one turn at a time.

I don't have the answer to your question but hopefully I translated your question well enough.