PDA

View Full Version : rookie help requests

demonizer_andy
03-30-2011, 11:48 PM
mebbe this could be stickied, ok i used to be pretty decent at MK games in their 2d days but i aint really played one for some time and i understand this will be totally new mechanics,and i know also some people will pwn at this game n be MK masters, and there will be those who dont fair so well, so perhaps in this post people can request help and tutorials in online lobbies from those who can pull off maximum combos and move sets to a T. just an idea ...

TEBellant
03-30-2011, 11:51 PM
mebbe this could be stickied, ok i used to be pretty decent at MK games in their 2d days but i aint really played one for some time and i understand this will be totally new mechanics,and i know also some people will pwn at this game n be MK masters, and there will be those who dont fair so well, so perhaps in this post people can request help and tutorials in online lobbies from those who can pull off maximum combos and move sets to a T. just an idea ...

Not a terribly bad idea but you'd wanna be able to categorize them in some sort of a list. I can see this working though.

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
03-30-2011, 11:54 PM
If you played Mortal Kombat in the 2D days, you should be fine... Thats kind of the whole point of this MK, taking it back to the roots.

tobiasdennis
03-31-2011, 01:21 AM
i played the ps3 demo at my friends place and whooped his ASS. it's just like riding a bike man, if you've ever played the old games it alllllll comes back as soon as you hear FIGHT

crow74
03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Good idea but...........
There's shit loads of different training mode's from fatality's down to combo training

Ceejus
04-01-2011, 07:21 AM
I'd recommend getting the Prima strategy guide. Those things can work wonders for fighting games, believe it or not. They speak to you in plain English too, where as most of the fan sites out there that have strategy guides are worded in ways that only the most elite MK players can understand. Plus, rather than pulling up the information on a laptop or cell phone, you have quick "old school" reference, all presented in beautiful color with pictures and everything.

I read that the Kollector's edition strategy guide is even coming with quick reference cards to help you learn the characters. I like the new stance MK9 is taking. In the past, Mortal Kombat only catered to its elitist fans. This time, they are giving the less experienced players a chance to learn the ropes and get decent at it. And when the game is fun for everyone and not just the most "hardcore", then everyone's happy, and that can't be a bad thing, right?

Vulger Spartan
04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd recommend getting the Prima strategy guide. Those things can work wonders for fighting games, believe it or not. They speak to you in plain English too

Except that Guide for Mortal Kombat: Deception where they had the Move's buttons you had to Decipher using that crappy key & left they out Liu Kang's moves entirely.

But the New guide shouldnt be like that. Beside it's Prima this time. Brady Games can be stupid sometimes. I Remember the old days when Guides were made by like 10 other 3rd party companies. Many of those were better than what Prima or Brady put out.

I'm getting the guide basically because of the 'sort of' new way combos are linked, for fast reference while playing online since pauseing is certain death in that situation & because I have most of them anyhow & My OCD say I must get it.

This game should be fairly like "a pair of old shoes" as the saying goes compared to MK 1,2, UMK3 & MKT. I was mystified during the MK4 & Deadly alliance-Armageddon, & MKvsDC days; I was Totally off-put by the 3D fight plane. To Me it didn't belong in MK or fighting games in general.

I'm petty psyched about the 2D back & forth stuff returning as it should be Arcade Style.

demonizer_andy
04-01-2011, 09:31 AM
yer guides can be good guides as in prima etc but was just suggestin that if 1 of us is an uber MK assassin, and some new guy comes along or someone who only knows the basics, plus there are always user made combos too, so thought it may be an idea for someone thru the power of voice chat to talk said person through the combo, i had it on street fighter 4 i had fek all clue bout dash cancels etc so i went in with a friend who is a SF god n he brought me up to his level, and also showed me characters strenghts weakenesses against each other n all the rest of it so really benefited