PDA

View Full Version : broken controllers

santagata
03-31-2011, 03:37 AM
i have already throw and break 10 controllers already!! anyone else have the same problem??

French_Kid
03-31-2011, 03:59 AM
um...no...not even close.

I tell myself that money doesn't grow on trees and it keeps me from throwing them.

My original white controller, the left joystick, when I direct it to the left, it kinda sticks, thats about it

KillerChris8814
03-31-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm about to get a new one the one that came with mine is finally waring out but I never throw my controllers.

transformer809
03-31-2011, 05:59 AM
i have never broken a controller.

Seraph Xii
03-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Throw and break 1 controller, fine... Maybe even 2, but 10? How can you afford to be that angry?

LawlCake1214
03-31-2011, 10:37 AM
I have never thrown a controller. Even though most times when I'm playing I have the urge to, I dont.

FFFreak1129
03-31-2011, 10:39 AM
I've never broken a controller. Growing up my parents bought our games, and we weren't rich so we knew if we broke something it would be a while before it got replaced so we took care of our things. Now I buy all my own stuff but still I'm not going to throw anything. If a game pisses me off that much I'll just play something else. I'd rather spend money on new games then controllers.

Kunduz
03-31-2011, 10:46 AM
I never broken a controller. One of the controllers I own, is kinda fucked up however. Since I played Mirror's Edge a bit too intensive with it...Damn you star achievement....

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
I tend to throw things that are designed to be thrown...like a ball.
When it comes to controllers i tend to hold them in my hand and use them to play games.

Put these two rules together and you end up with controllers that don't break for years.
Hope that helps.

alex1407
03-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I've broke PS2 controller over Mortal Kombat game (couldn't get a sick combo) and cracked 360's controller,don't remember over what game.But 10 controllers?!!! You mast have some anger problem.

Jonny Killalot
03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
I only threw my controllers when I was a child and I didn't do it much then. Maybe 1 or 2 times. Now I am all grown up and I never throw them. I have had urges to throw them. When that happens I take a break. Maybe you should get a punching bag to take out your anger on? Instead of $50 controllers.

Gagshyderf
03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
I tend to throw things that are designed to be thrown...like a ball.
When it comes to controllers i tend to hold them in my hand and use them to play games.

Put these two rules together and you end up with controllers that don't break for years.
Hope that helps.

Lulz were had.

But seriously, I've never even come close to throwing a controller. The most frustrated I've ever been was getting that mile high achieve in cod4, and that just turned into a profanity-laced half hour.

Controllers are like $40+, what a waste of money. Maybe get one of those wristbands they have for the Wii controllers....

Baylor05
03-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah I've been plenty mad and maybe tossed a controller here or there, but I've never been so angry that I threw a controller against a wall or something and broke it.

If you have seriously broken 10 controllers you need to take breaks from gaming it sounds like and do something else for a while. Either that or stop playing whatever it is that gets you pissed off.

FrangaX
04-01-2011, 05:09 AM
I've broken one controller but that was completely accidental.

Perhaps go to Anger Management and the money saved from not throwing controllers can pay for the therapy.

DragonsGoMOO
04-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Beanbag.

That's it.

o Gruff o
04-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Broken 10 controllers? Do you live on the 10th floor and have a very large window? Are you constantly being tea-bagged on COD? Do you pitch for the New York Yankees?

Deviantelf
04-01-2011, 06:36 AM
i have never broken a controller.

Me either! The things aren't cheap!!!

I bought (cheap) non-working black controller (original... broken left thumbstick) and red w/ black thumbsticks and accents, etc. (bumpers didn't work) and made a working all black controller before they came out with the x360s and all black controller. lol. I couldn't been rich (haha).

That cobbled together controller I made has been working fine for over a year even with the abuse it gets from my boyfriend. No throwing it, but he complains he hits the thumbstick buttons on accident (???) when I have to make an effort to press them.

KillerBEA
04-01-2011, 06:41 AM
I have broken 3. All from being thrown or smashed against the ground. I have kept 1 of the broken 1s to throw instead of my working ones. I will admit I have anger issues my old copy of the darkness will vouch for that lol. Also broken 2 wired headsets through light anger flare ups, they break so easy T.T

WoodsMonk
04-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I have 2 broken wireless ones! On one the :rbbut: is stuck, the other the controller just won't connect!:confused:

Venomized
04-01-2011, 12:20 PM
i have already throw and break 10 controllers already!! anyone else have the same problem??

If you have broken over 3 controllers from throwing them, you have a problem. You should seek help. If you have broken 10 controllers from throwing them, you have a incurable disease. You will die.

Exodus Traps
04-05-2011, 02:45 AM
ive had the same two controllers for over three years. i just replace the buttons/joysticks when i have to. you get everything you need for under five bucks on ebay.

LICKAWINDA
04-05-2011, 03:46 AM
i have only broke one.

alpha17
04-05-2011, 05:45 AM
I've never broken a controller, though my joystick is a bit worn and messed up from playing COD

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 05:47 AM
I have a broken controller. Not ten of them tho lol.

ZackNovak
04-05-2011, 05:49 AM
I never threw a controller before but when I was at my friends house and he couldn't beat a boss on True Crime and he threw his PS2 controller through his window, it was hilarious :p

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 06:15 AM
I never threw a controller before but when I was at my friends house and he couldn't beat a boss on True Crime and he threw his PS2 controller through his window, it was hilarious :p
Ive thrown my 360 controller through a glass cabinet thing. Wasnt so funny tho.

leeingham
04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Does anyone have a broken wireless white controller with battery pack they dont want I can have for a few quid?

TriRock
04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I've broken a few by throwing them around the room, but not quite 10. Not that I keep count of such an embarressing habit... :(

AmbaLaBamba
04-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I've done this a couple of times, but I've thrown it at a soft target (i.e bed or sofa) not at a wall or at the floor. Yes I have money but not that much to supply me with endless controllers to thrown at hard objects.

I've also got a bite mark on one of my PS1 controllers, but that's another story...

xxxANTNEExxx
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
I've broken two controllers. Well technically my 2 year old son broke them, he likes throwing things in the toilet. But I knew that and didn't put them out of his reach, so my bad. Now he'd have to be Spiderman to get them and what do you know.... No broken controllers.

JDMBO1
04-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I've never broken a controller before, and most people that do have a general anger issue. Anyway my controllers would generally have the Joy-sticks jammed one way or another, until I learned that if you open up your controller there is a fine layer of grim, dirt, and dead skin under the Joy-stick that accumulates over time. Once removed that tends to fix it unless you do button mashing, like your trying to mash potatoes, then there should be no problem after which.

KeepEmRolling
04-05-2011, 04:12 PM
I've only broken one controller...a rise and spike when playing Battletoads. I looked at it, and went wtf did I do that for. Lesson learned, lol.

H0p3sfalL
04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
yea i have broken my fare share of them....... really sucks bc you underestimate the force you throw them in. Or at least i do.