PDA

View Full Version : Inaccurate?

CanuckLefty
03-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Stop me if I'm wrong, but

1) For the secret achievement, who was responsible for the hole-in-one at the third hole? I don't recall it ever happening in tournament play (although I guess one of the members could have).

2) Atlanta Athletic Club played as a par five for me the other day. Didn't David Toms lay up and save par there when he won in 2001 (i.e., par four)?

Also, anyone else think the caddy sounds like Phil Mickelson?

vithzeral
03-31-2011, 04:27 PM
It's the 4th hole, and Jeff Sluman aced it about 20 years ago. They increased it to 240 yards soon after so I don't see it being done again any time soon.

The 18th at Atlanta is a Par 5 most of the time but they move up the tee and make it a long Par 4 for majors.

kingsnipes186
03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
agreed... its the 4th hole

CanuckLefty
03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
It's the 4th hole, and Jeff Sluman aced it about 20 years ago. They increased it to 240 yards soon after so I don't see it being done again any time soon.

The 18th at Atlanta is a Par 5 most of the time but they move up the tee and make it a long Par 4 for majors.

Aaaaaand I'm an idiot. This suddenly seems much more possible. I had routinely read it as the Third Hole (Flowering Peach), which I guess isn't a stretch, but I misread it at least five times.