PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 1 Remake For 360

ManUnitedMad99
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't know about you, but I would love for Capcom to re-release the first ever Resident Evil Game Along With Resi 2 for a current gen console. Unfortuantely I never had the chance to play the first Resi on ps1 due to the high demand for it nowadays, people are selling it for 50 on amazon thats crazy! I would love for capcom to re-release the franchise again, for all those Resi fans out there do it for us Capcom!! :)

stuart2773
03-31-2011, 01:33 PM
who knows what will happen as capcom have already announced XBLA HD versions of resident evil code veronica & resident evil 4, along with the new resident evil - raccoon city

YouTube - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Teaser Trailer

RuYi
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
They seem to be going really cheap on Ebay.

However, I'd much rather see Capcom work on a remake of RE2 than anything else.
CV and RE4 getting a remake is really nice, but I'd rather have them remaking CV and RE2 instead. RE4 looks decent enough still, and I've already played it on the GC, PS2, PC and Wii.
Sounds like enough ports to me.

[Waggly Bean]
03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Resi 4 has been milked and milked again.

I would much prefer the first 3 games remade and HD'ed up. And throw in Dino Crisis 1 and 2 while they're at it too! :D

ManUnitedMad99
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
;4122539']Yeah, Resi 4 has been milked and milked again.

I would much prefer the first 3 games remade and HD'ed up. And throw in Dino Crisis 1 and 2 while they're at it too! :D

I totally agree with you there buddy!!, The lost in nightmares chapter for resi 5 wernt too good tbh i got a little bored after abit. I'm looking forward to theXBLA HD remakes for code veronica and resi 4 in the autumn. but i totally agree with the dino crisis remakes and resi 1,2,3!! :D

Dimensive
03-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I would love to see the first three remade for the 360, they remade some for the GameCube, but I always hated the controller so never played them. If you weren't in the UK, I would just send you my copy of RE1.

KeepEmRolling
03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
I would love to see the first three remade for the 360, they remade some for the GameCube, but I always hated the controller so never played them. If you weren't in the UK, I would just send you my copy of RE1.

I never bothered with the Gamecube remakes either. By the time I went to buy the remake of 2, they were selling at a high price. I'd like all three but would settle for the 2nd one.

RuYi
03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Only the first RE was remade. RE 2 and 3 are just straight ports, with some minor extras, sadly.

LEE200
03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know about you, but I would love for Capcom to re-release the first ever Resident Evil Game Along With Resi 2 for a current gen console. Unfortuantely I never had the chance to play the first Resi on ps1 due to the high demand for it nowadays, people are selling it for 50 on amazon thats crazy! I would love for capcom to re-release the franchise again, for all those Resi fans out there do it for us Capcom!! :)
I don't see why they don't bring this out in the future man, everything else seems to be getting remade or being made into trilogy games. MUFC FTW by the way.

:drunk

jgahagan
03-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Sounds like enough ports to me.

You can never have enough ports of Resident Evil 4! It's also on iOS as well which I've been meaning to buy.

One more thing, didn't Capcom re-release Resident Evil: Director's Cut for PlayStation Network? So if you have a PS3, then you're in luck!

Tufty
03-31-2011, 06:07 PM
All of the games are being re-made for XBLA. Also, to the person above me: Fuck that! RE4 was where the franchise became terrible.

jgahagan
03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
All of the games are being re-made for XBLA. Also, to the person above me: Fuck that! RE4 was where the franchise became terrible.

Where did you hear that they were all getting re-released on XBLA?

Mega Mayo Man
03-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Just my opinion but I think all classic games should be left well alone. Sick of hearing about FF7 remake demands by fanboys etc

Good games like that should be left as good memories of people who played them. You'd get so many fanboys comparing the games to their originals the designer would never win anyway.

MagicMurderBag7
03-31-2011, 07:30 PM
RE1 has been re-made more times then any other game (well maybe not pacman)

if you really want it get it for the DS, PSP, PS3, or Game Cube.

PowercomSODMG
03-31-2011, 07:53 PM
who knows what will happen as capcom have already announced XBLA HD versions of resident evil code veronica & resident evil 4, along with the new resident evil - raccoon city

YouTube - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Teaser Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe_-KlZpBA)

WTF this looks too "action packed" - in my opinion this is no real resident evil 1 remake.

SubG3nius
03-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I've been looking forward to a Resident Evil like the Outbreak series they did to the PS2, had a lot of fun with it, hope this turns out great as well.

Nitramuse
03-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Just my opinion but I think all classic games should be left well alone. Sick of hearing about FF7 remake demands by fanboys etc

Good games like that should be left as good memories of people who played them. You'd get so many fanboys comparing the games to their originals the designer would never win anyway.

Have to agree with you...

[Waggly Bean]
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
WTF this looks too "action packed" - in my opinion this is no real resident evil 1 remake.

Ummm... that's just a new Resi game, it's not a remake of the first one at all.

It apparently takes place at the same time as the second and third games though. ;)

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it will be a good fun co-op experience! :)

Tussell
03-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Would much rather see Resident Evil 2 remade.

Hell, I'd be fine with them not making anymore games until they fix the fucking controls. I'm sorry, it's not 'cool' or anything. It's just fucking annoying. I know sticking to the same recipe is always great, but please Capcom, for the love of god, fix the controls.

I would like to be able to move and shoot freely.

jgahagan
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
WTF this looks too "action packed"

I thought that when I first watched it. Don't get me wrong, I'll still play it but I hope it's not too much of a shooter.

I'm getting the impression that this is just for 'fun' and is not supposed to be taken as a super-serious sequel. It sure as Hell ain't canon, so why should we treat it as such? Just enjoy it, I guess.

ManUnitedMad99
04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I thought that when I first watched it. Don't get me wrong, I'll still play it but I hope it's not too much of a shooter.

I'm getting the impression that this is just for 'fun' and is not supposed to be taken as a super-serious sequel. It sure as Hell ain't canon, so why should we treat it as such? Just enjoy it, I guess.

That's what it is intended for, I loved both of those games and I will welcome them onto the marketplace. I would just like an actual remake of the original games but only changing to the current aiming, keep the puzzles keep the lurky atmosphere and making it scary!

jgahagan
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
That's what it is intended for, I loved both of those games and I will welcome them onto the marketplace. I would just like an actual remake of the original games but only changing to the current aiming, keep the puzzles keep the lurky atmosphere and making it scary!

I actually bought the Resident Evil remake for GC not so long ago but still haven't completed it because it freaks me out so much! I can play RE4 and RE5 all day long though. I can only attribute that to the control system though, the latter being more action-oriented, it suits me better.

I would love Capcom to remake RE2 with the RE4 system (maybe incorporate shooting while moving though) so I can actually complete it after all these years! The nostalgic part of me thinks it might ruin it though. Pfft whatever, do it anyway Capcom!

ManUnitedMad99
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I actually bought the Resident Evil remake for GC not so long ago but still haven't completed it because it freaks me out so much! I can play RE4 and RE5 all day long though. I can only attribute that to the control system though, the latter being more action-oriented, it suits me better.

I would love Capcom to remake RE2 with the RE4 system (maybe incorporate shooting while moving though) so I can actually complete it after all these years! The nostalgic part of me thinks it might ruin it though. Pfft whatever, do it anyway Capcom!

I think they should just remake them both, I loved Resi2 first game I ever played for ps1 as a little kid haha, freaked me out at times lool. I would love it to be remade and learn from mistakes with all games and make the ultimate resi game!!

jgahagan
04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I think they should just remake them both, I loved Resi2 first game I ever played for ps1 as a little kid haha, freaked me out at times lool. I would love it to be remade and learn from mistakes with all games and make the ultimate resi game!!

Agreed! I have no doubt they will do it eventually, it is Capcom after all!

darktears88
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
that would be amazing

StripClubDj89
04-01-2011, 03:14 PM
I am fav REVIL all games!! i cant wait this games! i'll buy this games from ebay :woop:

Tufty
04-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Both of the remakes are coming to XBLA. I think there is another one on disc, but that's an entirely new game. I could be wrong though.

JohnLocke95035
04-04-2011, 06:02 PM

More like re-re-remake.
I have the orginal for Playstation, the gamecube remake, and i think there was one for the DS too.

Wouldnt mind a resident evil game on the 360 though.

JDMBO1
04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
I myself having RE1 to RE4 on old gen consoles would love to see RE1 come to new gen consoles such as the 360, but to go from PS1 graphics to 360 graphics sounds like a huge overhaul, though the idea is more then welcomed

ZackNovak
04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
It would be sweet if they redid RE1 up to Code: Veronica and released it on a 1 or 2 disc set and then just have a 99 achievement list a la The Orange Box. Just wishful thinking though :p

JDMBO1
04-04-2011, 06:22 PM
It would be sweet if they redid RE1 up to Code: Veronica and released it on a 1 or 2 disc set and then just have a 99 achievement list a la The Orange Box. Just wishful thinking though :p
I like your thinking, but RE2 would be a great addition to that

Dale Norris
04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
i would love to c that i mean i loved playing them all until i got the 5th on 360 so to c them all again as they were back then would be great i have to say the first was the best for me

[Waggly Bean]
04-04-2011, 08:07 PM

Both of the remakes are coming to XBLA. I think there is another one on disc, but that's an entirely new game. I could be wrong though.
The games being remade for XBLA are Resi 4 and Code Veronica, as has been said already in this thread.
None of the original games have been announced as being remade. I think you just made that up in your head! Wishful thinking perhaps? :p

I like your thinking, but RE2 would be a great addition to that
He said Resi 1 up to Code Veronica - surely that includes Resi 2? :rolleyes:

JDMBO1
04-04-2011, 08:10 PM
;4133763']He said Resi 1 up to Code Veronica - surely that includes Resi 2? :rolleyes:
Hm, wow I put 2 stupid me, meant 4

Pooly93
04-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Really looking forward to the RE4 remake, might get the Code Veronica one as well.
However, what I'd really like to see would be full HD remakes, not just graphical revamps, of all the old games, like the Resident Evil remake for Gamecube.
Being able to play them in 1080p, but keeping the same kind of controls and such like the REmake would be amazing, and I wouldn't mind them being released as full retail games either as long as they were good enough remakes, like the REmake (which I've mentioned like 5 times now so I'll shut up about it.)

I would settle for the originals with some slightly enchanced graphics on XBLA though.

Tufty
04-04-2011, 11:51 PM
;4133763']The games being remade for XBLA are Resi 4 and Code Veronica, as has been said already in this thread.
None of the original games have been announced as being remade. I think you just made that up in your head! Wishful thinking perhaps? :p

He said Resi 1 up to Code Veronica - surely that includes Resi 2? :rolleyes:

I got my info from Inside Xbox, except from my first post, that was from a friend. Also, Resident Evil is probably my most hated franchise. CAPCOM cannot Wright a story for shit.

[Waggly Bean]
04-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Hm, wow I put 2 stupid me, meant 4
Ahh, that makes sense now! :D

Also, Resident Evil is probably my most hated franchise. CAPCOM cannot Wright a story for shit.
Whaaat? Obviously not everyone likes Resident Evil, but you can't be serious about that last statement. I think the way Capcom have expanded the Resident Evil universe since the first game is pretty clever - every game (well, pretty much) has had it's own individual story yet has still tied back to and given us some more information on the events of the previous games.

JDMBO1
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM
;4136272']Ahh, that makes sense now! :D
Generally I think to fit 7 games into one jam pact game would take at least 3 disks

CRA166 T
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Dont think a remake would be the best thing, if you really want to play it then just buy the original, hell you could probably even get a ps1/2 for about 20-30.

I just dont think it would work, like someone above said let the game just be a memory, i remember playing it for the first time when i was about 13 (even though it was an 18) and me and a friend went home at lunch break to play it, started the game got scared and tried to leave the mansion and then the dog came through the door, i shat myself.

Hitchman
04-06-2011, 05:26 AM
I say they need to remake all of them. Even the rail-shooter ones (cant remember the names). I love every one of them.