PDA

View Full Version : Huge question only for die hard ME fans...this discussion will contain *spoilers*

Assassin70
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
After playing ME 1 and ME 2 several times I have 1 big question.

Will the ME 2 DLC be mentioned and/or be part of the story of ME 3?

I am sure in some way shape or form it will be added in...however with that said. What are the real repercussions of having played the DLC.

If you like me played the DLC for ME1. It didn't matter if you finished the DLC before or after the final battle with Saren/Sovereign it was not even mentioned in the least bit in ME2.

Will this also be the case for ME3? Will we all have to start new files and play over again completing all the DLC before deciding the fate of the Reaper base for it to count?

I, like probably a great few of you did not complete all the DLC before that mission on all my files. And I guess the bigger question is just like with ME1 will any of this stuff even matter?

If the save works like it did in ME1 anything after the last battle (including your choice of Anderson or Udina as Earth leader was not saved).

If anyone knows the final answer to this...let us know.

With all that said...would be nice if only people who downloaded Kasumi and Zaeed would get her/him in ME3. And if you chose to rekindle the fire with Liara in Shadow broker it carried over.

If you look at the way the DLC was structured you really had no choices to alter the final outcome but you did have a chance to make a slight variations.

Normandy Crash site: Will they add something special one of the surviving family member joins your squad or help you on Earth etc.

Firewalker Pack: Not really anything significant in the grand scheme of things.

Overlord: What fate you decided for David. Leave him for research/Send him to try to recover.

Kasumi: Keep the box/Destroy it.

Shadow Broker: Liara becoming the new Shadow Broker/Rekindle romance with her or not.

Arrival: How will playing this mission differ from those who have not.

I hope all this does get added to ME3. If Bioware does not include this stuff...as a long time fan I would be very upset!

I just dont want to get burned twice especially since the DLC in ME2 has so many stories elements.

SirLugash
04-01-2011, 01:41 AM
For the final answer we will have to wait I guess ^^
I would say the only DLC that would affect ME3 in any way is LotSB and Arrival, but probably just slightly as everything that happened could be just shortly explained at the beginning of ME3.
But it's hard to say what will have what kind of impact.
The ME1 DLC had no influence in ME2 but this is basically because it has nothing to do with the original plot.
LotSB and Arrival are different in that matter, so I expect them to matter in ME3.

Captain Urahara
04-01-2011, 01:57 AM
1) Bring Down the Sky is mentioned in ME2 if you finished it in ME1. Pinnacle Station is not.

2) Normandy Crash Site: Very unlikely. Maybe a thank you email, or you can revisit it or something. Nothing big.

3) Firewalker Pack: The vehicle may or may not be in ME3. I don't think having/playing this DLC or not will affect that though.

4) Overlord: Could have a big impact depending on the ending.

5) Kasumi: Again, potentially a big, possibly even huge impact depending on the ending.

6) Lair of the Shadow Broker: Huge impact most likely.

7) Arrival: May not have a big impact, but might have a decent impact.

The ME2 DLC -> ME3 speculation is just that, speculation. Hard to say if things will only be mentioned in small ways or actually alter gameplay in some way.

Assassin70
04-01-2011, 04:39 AM
1) Bring Down the Sky is mentioned in ME2 if you finished it in ME1. Pinnacle Station is not.

When was BDTS mentioned played various files that had it completed in ME1 and imported to 2 but dont remember it being mentioned.

Not saying what you say is not true but I just dont recall it all any any of my ME2 playthroughs.

mjc0961
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
When was BDTS mentioned played various files that had it completed in ME1 and imported to 2 but dont remember it being mentioned.

Not saying what you say is not true but I just dont recall it all any any of my ME2 playthroughs.On the Citadel, some of the random news reports you hear as you wander around will mention the events of BDTS if you completed it. I know if you save everyone, it mentions the woman (Kate Bowman?) giving a speech on the "anniversary" of the event or something. I don't remember what (if anything) it says if you took the other option.

Assassin70
04-01-2011, 04:35 PM
On the Citadel, some of the random news reports you hear as you wander around will mention the events of BDTS if you completed it. I know if you save everyone, it mentions the woman (Kate Bowman?) giving a speech on the "anniversary" of the event or something. I don't remember what (if anything) it says if you took the other option.

I went through and listen and you are correct thank you for that.

Hope we get more than that in ME3 for or ME2 accomplishments.

Baihu1983
04-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I let Balak leave so i hope he comes back now that ive done to his kind what he wanted to do to mine.

Captain Urahara
04-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Let Balak leave on BDTS: Says Balak is still at large and Kate Bowman is attending a ceremony.

Kill Balak: Says Kate's Dad attends her funeral.

Skode
04-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Am i the only one thinking this DLC will have the biggest impact on Mass Effect 3. The Reapers will reach earth... thats already been revealed with the ME3 trailer but this has delayed them months/years. I get the feeling the lifes saved from having this on your saved file to them being essentially only two days away from reaching the mass effect relay according to the timer on your arrival on the asteroid means big impact for mass effect 3 if your importing this over from mass effect 2.

The rest do puzzle me though - so many choices from first two games seem to benefit one faction or another. I think it will tie in with who you sided with at the end of ME2 for example keeping the collecter mothership intact and keeping david sedated will benefit Cerberus tech massively... or on the other hand you could defy him but still have made some moral choices to aid your alliance buddies such as keeping the indian fellas wife body for study instead of having it returned to him in mass effect 1.

grimkillah
04-06-2011, 05:16 PM
If you finished Pinnacle Station, while on Citadel, you will hear an extranet news message about some upstart young Turian claiming to be skilled enough to beat all of Shepards records and how it would be broadcast live on the extranet.

Opiate42
04-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I think most of the DLC will be small side references like this in ME3, great for laying out the atmosphere and keeping your choices through all three games together in your chosen story path.

But we'll have to wait and see if there will be any direct gameplay repercussions. LOL because yah fully agree I'd love to get another shot at Balak!!!

Though like with Dragon Age, a LOT of DLC stories from Origins make re-appearances in DA2 and have direct story involvement. So who knows?! Will be fun to find out.

What happens to that retirement home you win in Pinnacle Station? I left my favourite hat on the dresser.

Funny you mention the DLC weapons packs....that makes me think how funny it would be to have a James Bond/Q moment in ME3 and walk into the Cerberus testing armoury and meet the dev team putting all these crazy weapons and armour together for you.

Assassin70
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
If you finished Pinnacle Station, while on Citadel, you will hear an extranet news message about some upstart young Turian claiming to be skilled enough to beat all of Shepards records and how it would be broadcast live on the extranet.

Good to know thanks for that.

Captain Urahara
04-06-2011, 09:43 PM
They are UNUSED AUDIO FILES. So no, you don't hear them in-game.
YouTube - Mass Effect 2 - Unused Galactic News

grimkillah
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
hmmm.... possible, I heard so many of these unused/cut content, sometime I assume they are part of the game.

Zombiedrd
04-15-2011, 12:42 AM
I think the Arrival will be important. A possible war could erupt now between the humans and batarians.

JNix22
04-24-2011, 12:31 PM
In the most recent Game Informer they revealed that Shepard will be on trial for what he did during Arrival at the very start of the game. From there, it was not said how it would affect the story. Other than that reference, they did not mention any of the DLCs in their story.

ZekkouAkuma
04-27-2011, 02:50 PM
In the most recent Game Informer they revealed that Shepard will be on trial for what he did during Arrival at the very start of the game. From there, it was not said how it would affect the story. Other than that reference, they did not mention any of the DLCs in their story.
And based on reading that, if you did or didn't get the DLC, it will still be in the ME3 game. The DLC seems like it will be something you can import or have an idea what's going on at the beginning of ME3 as oppose to people who didn't get it and are like "Why is Shepard being on trial for this crime?"

Of all the DLC though I think Shadow Broker and The Arrival will hold a lot of ME2 >> ME3 import story line. Having Liara as the Shadow Broker will be beneficial I'm sure in a lot of ways story wise. Plus maybe extra side missions from her if she hears something.

SirLugash
04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
For the people that not have played The Arrival there will be most likely some kind of explanation before the ME3 story starts.
Apart from that, I don't really think there will be anything to import from The Arrival, I mean the only real choice you made is whether to warn the batarians or call the Normandy, both with the same result.
I don't think it will make any difference within the trial.
The reason why there won't be anything to import is that it is not anything additional but part of the main game story line and therefore unavoidable.
In the end, it won't matter whether you played it or not, the reapers are on their way one way or the other, what happened within The Arrival happened either way.

ZekkouAkuma
04-30-2011, 02:06 AM
And such a pity too. I'm looking forward to seeing what the batarians want to do with Shepard.

Assassin70
05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
And such a pity too. I'm looking forward to seeing what the batarians want to do with Shepard.

Bad things man...bad things.