PDA

View Full Version : Online Dead?

Tussell
06-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Just a quick question, is the Online dead? I made a mistake of buying Quake 4, assuming the online was still alive, but I was sorely mistaken... I've been contemplating buying this game... Is it worth buying? Or is the online dead?

The Pants Party
06-28-2007, 05:34 AM
I would venture to guess it's dead, though it's an awesome game for the single-player as well. One of the coolest stories and most unique weapons.

B1@nK
06-28-2007, 08:59 AM
There was FEW player matches but NO RANKED matches. Play the story twice. And then boost with your friends online. Be WARNED, it will LAG like shit. Good luck! :)

Lokstir
06-28-2007, 11:58 AM
i would just rent this game. i beat it twice in under a week and got some of the online achievements by boosting (still need to finish that). the story may be unique but i for one wasn't a fan. lucky its my friends and i just borrowed it cuz id have been pissed at buying it. and ya the multiplayer is completely dead. though i dont think it would be that good anyways from what i've experienced boosting

twotonkoala
06-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Even when I was able to find a multiplayer game, it wasn't worth it. It lags like crazy, and just generally isn't all that fun. Get this game for the single player, if you get it at all. Definately isn't Quake style multiplayer.

Bax x360a
06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
best bet is to find an achievement buddy and boost with them on it, thats what i did. Cant find the courage to play through the worst single player ever though, twice!!

B1@nK
06-29-2007, 08:36 AM
best bet is to find an achievement buddy and boost with them on it, thats what i did. Cant find the courage to play through the worst single player ever though, twice!!
Worst? Are you kiddin'? This game got best storyline since all xbox360 game. But worst to play it again TWICE!. DAMN I REALLY WISH I CAN PLAY CHEROKEE FIRST :mad: BUT OF COURSE THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO BE A GAY ASS AND CHEAT THE REPLAYABLY TWICE!! GOD WHAT THE HELL WRONG WITH DEVELOPERS THESE DAY!? /end scream. God I just can't stand shitty developers...

R Rated Love
06-30-2007, 03:07 AM
The single player is way cool, and not too difficult. Is damn near impossible to die.

Tussell
07-01-2007, 04:42 AM
Yeah, I love the story mode.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just want on this one. :(

BTW - I saw a few people telling me to rent it. I've already played Quake 4 when I bought it. ( I beat it twice)

I also have already beaten Prey but I was just wondering if it's worth buying to just have. And to go online e very so often.

Keytta
07-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I thought the game was great, they gravitational areas and walkways were a wonderful new concept. I also need to pick up the online achievements and would love to hook up with someone wanting to get these. I have tried getting online but never find anyone.

Shaaady Souljah
07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
this thread is dead. now people are looking for achievements, so may i suggest the sexy achievement trading thread? ;)

if you are getting Prey, arrange online games with another member and/or friend. you will need to. :)