PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully the whole series will be released...

DeadUnderlling
03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Hopefully if this game sells well, Capcom may see that people will happily pay for the rest of the series too. i kno im getting ahead of myself here but i love resident evil, and i want all of the upcoming resi titles coming out but it does seem a shame that the original 3 arent getting imported.

Jerric
03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
I know im in the minority here, but i'd like to see the older games get re-made with the newer controlls. I feel like just a graphics overhaul would just be the same as me playing the ones i own on my ps3. It's fun, but its been years since ive played them and i spend most of the time fighting against the controlls.

Capcom has shown they know how to bring that old feeling back with the newer gen games, revelations is looking good, though i hate the fact its handheld. I will likely buy them regardless, but i was in love with the newer controll style the moment i played 4.

I agreed with the older ones being scarier till i recently tried playing them, and i realized it was mostly nostalgia, not the old controlls or the camera angles. If they can find that balance with controlls that dont make us fight ourselves, and that atmosphere the origionals produced... im sure some people will still complain, but I wouldnt.

merzitar
03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
I'd give anything for them to re-release (not remake... keep the original view and graphical style..) Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3 again! GOD I LOVE THOSE GAMES! They were my childhood, and I'd love to earn achievements at the same time.. imagine them!

Resident Evil: Director’s Cut

Complete the game on Training with Jill
Complete the game on Advanced with Jill
Complete the game on Arranged with Jill
Complete the game on Training with Chris
Complete the game on Advanced with Chris
Complete the game on Arranged with Chris
Unlock the Rocket Launcher with Jill
Unlock the Rocket Launcher with Chris
Complete the game without saving on any difficulty
In total, view all possible cut-scenes, events, and endings with Jill and Chris
Kill Tyrant (1st form) with only the knife in your inventory

Collect all files

Resident Evil 2

Complete Leon A
Complete Claire A
Complete Leon B
Complete Claire B
Receive an S rank, Leon A
Receive an S rank, Claire A
Receive an S rank, Leon B
Receive an S rank, Claire B
Complete the game without saving
View all files/photographs
Pick up the Special Key
Kill the Alligator with one shot, using only the Handgun.

Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS

Complete the game on any difficulty setting
In total, select all possible options during a decision sequence
Defeat the Nemesis at all possible encounters on Hard
Find all Files
Unlock all costumes
Unlock all Epilogues
Complete Mercenaries Mode with every character at least once
Unlock all rewards from Mercenaries Mode
Receive an S Rank in Mercenaries Mode
View both endings
Complete the game in under 1:30:00

...yes, I like to make achievement lists lol ^_^
I don't think achievements are everything, but I do like unlocking them, especially for games I love and enjoy... and I like them to be rather challanging, and make you play the game to its fullest.

dosk1nator
03-31-2011, 11:19 PM
OMG!!! I would sooo love to see an HD overhaul done to the RE series, espicially 1 and 2, even 3. I would buy them no questions asked :)

DeadUnderlling
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
yh lol i love achievements :P. it is a shame that revelations and mercernaries are only out 4 3DS cuz i love resident evil that much i'd buy a new console for the next release. but with CV and 4 coming out for arcade and operation raccoon coming this year 2 i may just jizz. sorry for the graphicness XD. i wouldnt care if 1-3 were re-made or not i just want em for xbox lol but it would be nice to get a re-vamp instead of playing the same game again

tripps77
04-07-2011, 05:54 PM
i love almost all res games excluding case files and that god awful shooter on wii 1234 code v i want to play them all on my xbox

PoOKi
04-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Hopefully Capcom releases 1, 2 and 3 as well. By the way, is there a chance we could get the remake as well or is that licensed with Nintendo or anything? I am thinking since they had an agreement to only release Resident evil games on the Game cube or something like that.

TVthePunisher
06-14-2011, 03:25 AM
I'd love for both REmake and RE:Director's Cut to be released. Of course RE2 and RE3, then RE0 to complete this set =)

Leon McLane
07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
All games must be 1000 gamerscore and about 30 achievements each.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/90732.png (http://exophase.com/gamercards/)

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/375815/0/default.png (http://www.playfire.com/Leonx)Xbox Gamercards (http://www.playfire.com/)

CyanideSpirit
07-07-2011, 02:29 PM
I know it's rather younger than the others, but I would love to see an HD remake of Resident Evil: Zero.

ronnie42
07-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I say we all boycott resident evil 4, buy code veronica and capcom might figure out what the fans want.lol

Anyway sure I'll get the full gamerscore for this. Didn't play it but it seems to have the original resident evil gameplay so looking forward to it. :)

TVthePunisher
07-07-2011, 04:15 PM
The only thing I'd have trouble with is the Battle Mode with Wesker. Ugh...now I'm dreading if they bring RE2 on over too, playing as either HUNK or Tofu again...X_X

bob101910
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the old games come back, but would like some changes. Went back to Resident 2 a couple weeks ago. Loved playing it years ago, but the camera/aiming, and saving is horrible. The camera/aiming are together because it's the camera that makes it so hard to aim. I don't know if I'm aiming too high/low or a little to the left/right.

Tha Mantis
07-08-2011, 05:02 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the old games come back, but would like some changes. Went back to Resident 2 a couple weeks ago. Loved playing it years ago, but the camera/aiming, and saving is horrible. The camera/aiming are together because it's the camera that makes it so hard to aim. I don't know if I'm aiming too high/low or a little to the left/right.

You can't really aim too "high" it only an option to aim up, and that for close headshots, preferably with the shotgun. I for one LOVED the old style of Resident Evil, I would love to see the entire catalog released on 360 as I have played and loved them all. I'll never forget the first time playing RE 1 for the first time when it dropped in 96, it was absolutely amazing and groundbreaking. RE2 was my favorite, best time was 1:42 with Leon, scenario A, 0 saves, 0 health sprays.

kineticmeercat
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I'd buy them too I loved RE1, RE2 and RE Nemesis i still have all the ps1 copies of the games. Did try play them the other day... "PIXEL VILLE" lol
Would welcome a remake :)

Pauley Paul
08-27-2011, 02:47 AM
The first 3 would be awesome!I've been playing 2 for the cube on my wii it's my favorite RE.

OptimumJay
09-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Please God, Resident Evil 2 is still probably my all time fav game, I still play the old PS version from time to time, could never seem to find anywhere that sold it for the GC though so a re-release on the Xbox with Achievements would be awesome

JuSt BLaZe
09-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah let's cross the fingers.

Let's also hope the NGC-Remakes will make their way on the new systems. Jill Valentine looks so hot on the NGC version.

SawFan3
09-24-2011, 09:39 PM
they should definitely bring back reisdent 1, 2, and 3. i would buy those in a heartbeat, and to top it all off i would be able to get achievements on them, fuck yes!

A ZombieTwinkie
09-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Well, it's not a HD re-release. But they did have a special 15th Anniversary Edition release. It came with Biohazard 1: Directors Cut, Biohazard 2 and Biohazard 3: Last Escape. Along with the HD release of Biohazard 4 and Code Veronica X (along with the soundtracks to 4 and CVX.) But it's only in Japan. And only for PS3. Roughly $100 I think is what he said.

My proof for those who don't know about it?

BAM! (http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/09/19/biohazard_15th_anniversary_unboxing_-_and_more)

Iv AJay vI
09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Resident Evil 2 >

Darkforce412
05-12-2012, 07:17 PM
iv notice ppl havent even mentioned resident evil zero.

TVthePunisher
05-12-2012, 07:35 PM

Nobody likes Rebecca (or as we on GameFAQs say, "HANK!")...except maybe me. ;>_> I thought it was a great part of the series but I don't know.

Darkforce412
05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Nobody likes Rebecca (or as we on GameFAQs say, "HANK!")...except maybe me. ;>_> I thought it was a great part of the series but I don't know.

lol true but what about billy why dont they show his story after he escaped i mean it would be cool for him to one day in the next game to see him join the stars member, after all he is a former marine.

TVthePunisher
05-14-2012, 07:14 PM
lol true but what about billy why dont they show his story after he escaped i mean it would be cool for him to one day in the next game to see him join the stars member, after all he is a former marine.

He might be in Damnation, that 3D movie starring Leon (again). Thing is...when will that thing come out and where will it take place in the storyline? After RE5? Before RE6?

DamagedWill
06-24-2012, 02:31 AM

Honestly, I can't stand Zero. It's because of one reason too, no storage chests. They finally let us drop items but take away the chests?

I spent a quarter of my playthrough taking items from one area to another, made it INCREDIBLY tedious.

mrj3d
06-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh man I would LOVE to replay these games. RE Zero would be fun for me, it's the only RE game I've never played.

TVthePunisher
06-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Honestly, I can't stand Zero. It's because of one reason too, no storage chests. They finally let us drop items but take away the chests?

I spent a quarter of my playthrough taking items from one area to another, made it INCREDIBLY tedious.

I actually enjoyed that and for the longest time I forgot about it. I remember switching between characters but now I remember you could also drop your items! Where it can seem tedious not having an item box with everything in it, it added strategic value. Say you needed several parts of one item to use on a door but you didn't have the other items, you could drop one of those items in front of the door so it's right there ready for you when you locate the other pieces. Though I don't recall if this ever happened ;>_> seems like it'd be useful.

Anyways, the items didn't reset if you left the room...the only way you'd permanently lose anything you dropped is if you were advancing to a part of the game where you wouldn't be able to backtrack (train to training facility...and I believe training facility to the research lab outside under the church). Imagine if the feature was in REmake...since there's really no points of no return except until the end when you have to go down to the labs.

Worse thing about Zero = monkeys.

o0NuTz0o
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
I'd give anything for them to re-release (not remake... keep the original view and graphical style..) Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3 again! GOD I LOVE THOSE GAMES! They were my childhood, and I'd love to earn achievements at the same time.. imagine them!

Resident Evil: Director’s Cut

Complete the game on Training with Jill
Complete the game on Advanced with Jill
Complete the game on Arranged with Jill
Complete the game on Training with Chris
Complete the game on Advanced with Chris
Complete the game on Arranged with Chris
Unlock the Rocket Launcher with Jill
Unlock the Rocket Launcher with Chris
Complete the game without saving on any difficulty
In total, view all possible cut-scenes, events, and endings with Jill and Chris
Kill Tyrant (1st form) with only the knife in your inventory

Collect all files

Resident Evil 2

Complete Leon A
Complete Claire A
Complete Leon B
Complete Claire B
Receive an S rank, Leon A
Receive an S rank, Claire A
Receive an S rank, Leon B
Receive an S rank, Claire B
View all files/photographs
Pick up the Special Key
Kill the Alligator with one shot, using only the Handgun.

Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS

Complete the game on any difficulty setting
In total, select all possible options during a decision sequence
Defeat the Nemesis at all possible encounters on Hard
Find all Files
Unlock all costumes
Unlock all Epilogues
Complete Mercenaries Mode with every character at least once
Unlock all rewards from Mercenaries Mode
Receive an S Rank in Mercenaries Mode
View both endings
Complete the game in under 1:30:00

...yes, I like to make achievement lists lol ^_^
I don't think achievements are everything, but I do like unlocking them, especially for games I love and enjoy... and I like them to be rather challanging, and make you play the game to its fullest.

This is probably my favorite post I've seen so far haha! :)

My life would be complete if they did this.

Fozki Razormaid
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
i still dream about resi 2 - :dance:
i love resi 2 as much as i dispise resi 5:uzi:

Mapmakermaster
02-07-2014, 07:13 PM
You know what mini game I really enjoyed? The Mercenaries - Operation: Mad Jackal in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Something about earning points and time whilst rescuing random survivors was really fun.